Author Topic: Top 6 "Shania Twain" Week Performance Discussion  (Read 12886 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Top 6 "Shania Twain" Week Performance Discussion
« on: April 24, 2010, 12:10:10 PM »
Here is a list of songs the remaining top 6 can choose from:

1.All Fired up, No Place to Go
2.Amneris’ Letter
3.Any Man of Mine
4.Black Eyes, Blue Tears
5.Come On Over
6.Crime of the Century
7.Dance with the One Who Brought You
8.Don’t!
9.Don’t Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
10.(Don’t Gimme That) Once Over
11.Forever and for Always
12.From This Moment On
13.God Bless the Child
14.Home Ain’t Where His Heart Is (Anymore)
15.Honey I’m Home
16.I Ain’t No Quitter
17.If It Don’t Take Two
18.(If You’re Not In It For Love) I’m Outta Here!
19.I’m Gonna Getcha Good!
20.I’m Holdin’ On to Love (To Save My Life)
21.I’m Jealous
22.It Only Hurts When I’m Breathing
23.It’s Alright (Club Mix)
24.Ka-Ching!
25.Lost My Heart
26.Love Gets Me Every Time
27.Man! I Feel Like a Woman
28.Nah!
29.No One Needs to Know
30.Party for Two
31.Rock this Country!
32.She’s Not Just a Pretty Face
33.Shoes
34.Thank you Baby! (For Makin’ Someday Come So Soon
35.That Don’t Impress Me Much
36.There Goes the Neighborhood
37.Up!
38.What Made You Say That
39.When You Kiss Me (Green)
40.Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?
41.You Lay a Whole Lot of Love on Me
42.You Win My Love
43.You’re Still the One
44.You’ve Got a Way
45.Waiter! Bring Me Water!
46.Whatever You Do! Don’t!
47.When
48.When You Kiss Me
49.Wild & Wicked
50.The Woman in Me (Needs the Man in You)

Not a fan of Shania Twain and barely know her music. :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Top 6 "Shania Twain" Week Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 05:19:09 PM »
I might know these songs if I heard them but right now none sound familiar.  :-[
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 04:49:50 AM »
Yea i'll need to hear them too.

Hmm, i really hope that they will come up with better themes that we're more familiar with! Can't wait for judges choice, Movies night..

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 05:11:01 AM »
I can only recognise one song.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:21:21 PM »
Whew! I'm glad I'm not alone! LOL This should be more country and we'll see if it helps the contestants.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 12:30:05 AM »
I just saw Crystal's performance. Extremely boring and very very dull. :(

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »
Surprise surprise, Crystal doesn't get good comments tonight! Well it has to come I guess. And I'm sure this won't even hurt her.

That said, it will be a really really tough elimination tomorrow night. Everyone of them did so well. I thought that Aaron could be leaving, but he did really well tonight. Love his performance.

Guessing that Big Mike goes tomorrow night. Hopefully... And I wonder if Lee will be in the bottom two for once. I hope not! Geez.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »
I thought Mike's performance wasn't all that great. he got crazy praises from the judges. I  found it "wet" :doh:  i mean boring! :lol3:

I think Siobhan missed a few  ♫ ♫ when she went for the "scream note". she did OK IMO but the judges all praised her. she's safe..

Crystal had a lack luster performance to the judges  :colors  but I liked it! so go figure :duno:

Lee i think is really coming to the for front and giving the 2 women a run for the $$ :wohoo:

I think arron did very well  :tup:

I think Casey and Mike will be in the bottom. :neener:  i don't think Casey did anything different  all these weeks! same ol standing and playing the guitar. some times with his eyes 1/2 shut the other times with them full shut!  :lol:

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
Lee's performance reminded me of David Cook. His performance was very decent but at some parts of the song without his guitar, he did sound abit raw for me and i think it showed the weakness of his vocals. The clarity of his voice which cannot be compared to that of Crystal which she used to wow us last week.

Crystal's performance was uninteresting and boring. As Ellen said though, she's so good every week that even though she's good this week, this performance cannot be on par with the rest especially after her peak performance last week.. it's just like complaining you don't like the colours in the rainbow. I hope she'll be in the bottom 3 this week to show people that she's actually vulnerable of being voted off and get people to start rooting for her and voting for her. But seriously, if she goes home...

As for Michael, i felt that he was just performing his song. Unlike the judges, I DO NOT think i connected with his song. Sounded touching? Yes. Sounded good? Yes. Is it memorable? No. It is just like he was performing the song and there were barely any emotions. Maybe that's just me.

I actually bothered to hear Casey sing for once. For once, he's not jumping and hopping around the stage performing a High School Musical/Glee type of gig. And i liked his performance most among all the other performances tonight. It was the best performance of the night. It was just raw heart felt and sincere emotions from him and the vocals were amazing. It's something i sure didn't expect but i'm damn glad it came. I was just wondering last week why is he not gone and still in the competition. Now i know why. Was wishing for him to go home this week, but after this performance, hell No. I want him to perform something like that again next week. I want to hear him again!

Siobhan performed something different tonight. But it's getting old. I'm sick and tired of seeing the same repeative scream week after week and i think this girl is in some real serious trouble after tonight.

I was thinking too that Aaron might be in real danger tonight. But after that very country-like, heart felt and almost pitch perfect performance last night. Hell, he's gonna survive the final five FOR SURE. There's no way he's going home. It was a touching song delivered and i enjoyed hearing him sing. To me, it was the second best performance of the night, just under Casey. It lacked the maturity and the seasoned performing skills which Casey injected into his song but not Aaron.

My personal ranking:
1. Casey
2. Aaron
3. Lee
4. Siobhan
5. Mike
6. Crystal (Shows that I'm not biased. But i really didn't get her song last night) LOL!

Whom i hope to see in the bottom 3: Siobhan, Mike, Crystal (FOR REASONS STATED ABOVE)

Here's a prediction though:
Bottom 3: Siobhan, Mike, Lee
Bottom 2: Siobhan and Mike
Going home: Mike

I have zero confidence this week on getting the predictions right. Everything is based on my gut feeling. :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 03:50:44 PM »
I thought everyone did a pretty good job last night.

Lee sounded rough in the beginning but once he got into it, much better, good song choice for him.

Big Mike: Good job, this is his type of song. Simon thought it was a little bit wet, little bit girlie. (Whatever wet means, but probably not good for Big Mike.)  Shania loved it.

Casey: Better song choice and yes, he's been lazy.  He's been in danger but I think this saved him for tonight.

I loved Crystal's performance, it was light and fun, showed her pure, sweet voice. Loved the rhythm with the guitars and snare drum and the singer beside her. (Almost a duet though.)   

Aaron Kelly: He has a mature voice for being 17. Great job last night, he sang it for his mom and I believe he was crushed with Kara's comments. He's safe for sure.

Siobhan: I thought she hit a few ugly notes but this is what she should be singing. One nice big note but ye gods, can she just get over that screech? I'm so over her quirkiness which really is bullheadedness because she's determined to screech. Whoever told her that was a good thing should be smacked.

Who I think will go? Big Mike most likely but I'm ready for Siobhan to leave the stage.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »
Looks like we all are thinking Big Mike for sure in the bottom 3. It's OK with me because he's had enough exposure and will do well no matter what now, Casey and Siobhan, wouldn't care if they left either. Lee, Crystal? NO! Not yet.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 03:59:27 PM »
hi guys :bounce i haven't been around for a while sry ... confession i got a realy big farm on fb. OMG :groan:
 so joab i agree with u compleatly. casey was awsome , i think that lee got nervous jmo when it was just him and his vocials cause he sounder realy good on the tape peace with / shinia. i hope he is not in trouble tonight i love lee my dream top 3 r lee casey and crystal.

christal did not love her last night , but last week wept she was so good
aron i glaze over on him he is no archy. and the cast of glee is deff calling.
big sounded like any sunday morni at church not a bad vocal at all just not conecting
shabon omg she has got to go this is the same story diff night
lee love u don't let the fact that ever eye is on u and famouse ones PULL IT TOGETHER!!
casey u had me at hellow but last night i never want to let u go.. deff best prof of the night..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »
Welcome back Tory! Aaron needs a few years to grow up but he's got a good voice. I kinda agree with you on Mike's performance.

I'll wait to comment on tonight.  :-X

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 04:08:07 AM »
Looks like we all are thinking Big Mike for sure in the bottom 3. It's OK with me because he's had enough exposure and will do well no matter what now, Casey and Siobhan, wouldn't care if they left either. Lee, Crystal? NO! Not yet.
I wanted Mike to leave and very disappointed Siobhan got the boot.  I really like her except for overdoing the screaming.  She just needs to get control of it and not let it take over the song. She has a beautiful voice.
I figured it would be Mike out the door tonite. 
I was rooting for Crystal & Siobhan as F2...with Crystal winning.  Still rooting for her...and now, Lee for runner up.  I really liked Casey at first, but he just seems bored with it all or something.  He did a great job this week finally!  But Lee is better.
I predict (hope) the F2 will be Cyrstal and Lee.  :jumpy:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »
I was a little surprised, I thought for sure it would be Big Mike. Siohban is determined to go her own way and that's OK, she will find her niche and do great. This isn't the last we will hear from her. When she sang her final song I could see her coming back in a few years to promo a new release. (If AI hasn't completely jumped the shark by then.)  :lol:

At this point, all of them will do well for themselves.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:42:39 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 09:13:15 AM »
I'm 2/3 right again.

But that is alright, means next week we will see an all-male bottom 3.

Casey, Aaron and Mike... ONCE again (TOP 9 again!)

With Mike going home??

Or maybe Casey.

I foresee Aaron, Lee and Crystal as the F3, with Lee and Crystal as the F2, with Crystal winning it all.

I'm sorry, but Lee winning will let American Idol league of winners go down to the drain again.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 10:05:34 AM »
I can't believe that Mike survived YET AGAIN. I was surprised to see Casey in the bottom two despite the strong performance he gave last night. I'm not all too sad that Siobhan left but I really wished that it had been Mike instead. Mike HAS to go next week! Out of the five remaining, he's the only one I'm absolutely sure has zero chance of winning. Right now, I feel that Crystal has 40% chance, Lee 30%, Aaron and Casey 20%. Of course I'd wanna see Crystal and Lee in the finale and I won't bother who wins. But we never know what kinda upsets might happen. Just like the predicted Adam vs Danny finale last season, which didn't happen. Oh man. I really really really hope it's Lee vs Crystal in the finale! Geez.

Mike for the boot next week Mike for the boot Mike for the boot...

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
Siobhan gone.

Geez so much for this being branded as the "girls' season"  :groan: I REALLY miss Katie.

I shall blame the judges for the girls' downfall. IDIOTS! YOU USED THE SAVE ON THE WRONG PERSON!!  (:;) :groan:

My ideal result: MIKE GOES HOME NEXT. Lee vs. Crystal finale. IMHO any of them will win and I'll be fine.

TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »
I don't think it's the judges' fault that the girls have been eliminated one by one. It's just that the "wrong" girls had been put in the top 12 in the first place. Paige and Lacey were obviously dead weight from the start. Didi never ever chose the correct songs. Katie... Never really had that many supporters. Now if only Paige and Lacey had been replaced with, say, Lily and Katelyn, it could've been different now. But that said, I'm sure Crystal will outlast all the guys! Go Crystal and Lee!!!!!!

Oh but I do agree that the judges shouldn't have used the save on Mike. Not that he would win anyway. Oh well.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »
I hope Lee and Crystal make the final two but I want Lee to win.  I like Crystal but would never go to her concert to hear her sing.  Would have to see what type CD she would put out to determine if I would buy it.

Then again I haven't voted since David Cook.  Guess it is time to start voting for Lee. :jumpy:

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 03:38:31 PM »
i think i said it by by shabon, frist they played the clip at the end and it was horrabll of her screaming of tune. and second a lot of use were sick of her and her werid ness.. jmo her attatude was not comeing from i place i understood, even when she said that stuff about her sisters it did not come across as any thing to me.. any way i want casey in aslong as humanly possible i look fw to him and lee every week. :hearts: :hearts:
i totaly think that they did not pick the best of the best this season, and i think they did it on purpous becaus of simond and his leaving and doing his x factor show next yr.. they want us all to see the x factor so the sabatage this yrs idol. i realy don't think they expected chrystal to do as great as she has.. and it has been blantn that casey got picked for his looks.. and lee being so nervous realy thease r the ppl we were given to fall in love with this yr??? i love lee and casey, chrystal has grown on me her vocials have been awsome but the personality has just now started to make me care...so with that said there r deff better ppl they could have chosen to win our hearts this yr. and the number of calls proves it ryan barly mentions it at all and he is usaly bragging about the number of calls by now. no one is picking up the phone. i have free unlimeted at&t texting and don't care enough B:) B:) B:) to do that.. sry i am ranting...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »
Save time and fingers!!  :tup:
Download DIALIDOL and the votes go in automatically,
according to your setup  & choice(s).  
Very user friendly.  http://dialIdol.com  

I've used it for 3 years....a real life saver!! :jumpy:  :yess:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
Btw, did the Idols sing two songs this week??  It shows that they did on DialIdol, but they each perfomed only one song. 
The show aired at 7-8pm in my area.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
hi rudy!! no they only showed them doing one song but did give them 2 numbers to call y i don't no i here the call's have been realy low?? i have not voted this yr but i might try this week just to c if i get a busy signal, caus i don't think i will..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 11:37:33 AM »
hi rudy!! no they only showed them doing one song but did give them 2 numbers to call y i don't no i here the call's have been realy low?? i have not voted this yr but i might try this week just to c if i get a busy signal, caus i don't think i will..

VOTE CRYSTAL. VOTE CRYSTAL, tory. :lol: