Author Topic: Top 9 (PART 2) 'Elvis Night' Discussion  (Read 6982 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Top 9 (PART 2) 'Elvis Night' Discussion
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:36:40 AM »
Starting the thread earlier -

Who i hope to see going home: Tim and Andrew

Hopefully... no surprise vote offs this week. Everyone else deserved to stay till Idol Gives Back!!!!! :jam:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Top 9 (PART 2) 'Elvis Night' Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »
Starting the thread earlier -

Who i hope to see going home: Tim and Andrew

Hopefully... no surprise vote offs this week. Everyone else deserved to stay till Idol Gives Back!!!!! :jam:

They probably will go home. We'll know after they perform tonight. Tim seems as though he's had the life sucked out of him, he was joyless last week. (I don't know why that would be, other than the never ending criticism!)  :umn:

Andrew has had to endure the comparison to his audition with the Paula song with every performance, I'd like to see him really shine even if he is eliminated.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:16:36 PM »
Okay, Casey's starting was really weak and strange.
He definitely didn't bring out the 'Elvis' that we all want to see. And is it just me or is his vocals pretty shaky as compared to the past times he performed??
I didn't like the performance, it was unforgettable and strange.. and I think he could be in danger tonight. That's just my 2 cents.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 10:22:07 PM »
OMG... Crystal, electric guitar.. keeping it fresh!!!

Crystal BLEW ME AWAY... just AGAIN!!

It's original.. she made me really like the song.. (i used to hate it in the past) and she made the song really current!!

Somebody needs to just crown her as the winner!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:24:55 PM »
Okay, i'll finish up the rest of the videos on youtube tonight!! :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:53:47 AM »

Are you putting them up Joab? Let's see them! You can post them.

Unfortunately we had to miss their performances so have to catch up. I'm glad Crystal did well.  :hearts:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »

Are you putting them up Joab? Let's see them! You can post them.

Unfortunately we had to miss their performances so have to catch up. I'm glad Crystal did well.  :hearts:

You can search them on Youtube. Unfortunately (well, long-term maybe), Tim Urban has received really good comments, it was actually good though. Dunno why he didn't do the high-pitched ending, as Adam said it would give more vulnerability (which means it gives better expression), that might have been able to make the judges liked him even more than they did.

And all I can say is that Siobhan's comments on Simon =  :tup: :tup: :tup: Yes! Exactly what I was thinking when he gave that comment to her! She's a multi-talented singer, just deal with her many capable voices, it just allows her more opportunities to do a lot of different things in the future = better potential! :tup:

Two people will be eliminated though, right? Well, leave it to Joab as he seems to be good at it, while I'm usually on the opposite.  :lol:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:32:35 AM »
Andrew's performance was digging for his own grave. Andrew WILL be eliminated tomorrow and if he stays, there might be some uproar because that means somebody else really good might go.

I liked Michael's performance. It was heart felt and i think he did a good job to prove to the judges that they were not wrong in choosing to use the save on him. He had an expectation to meet, and he met the expectation.. way high above the expectation. Michael should and will be save tomorrow. However, what i do not like about the performance was that there wasn't much of any variations in the song and it might turn out to be boring for some viewers.

Tim had a really good performance, i like the performance. It reminded me of his Hallelujah performance. It was beautiful and sincere. But the problem here is Tim, you've overstayed and I believe your time is up.

Lee was good and i enjoyed his performance. Solid performance and I really agree with Kara, he should loosen himself up abit more!

Siobhan. is. in. great. danger. This girl here... have absolutely no idea what she's doing now. Each week, she's just being random.. singing a song with her first half personality and buthering her song, then changing it up and bringing up her second half personality and screaming/screeching through the song.. which I kinda still like. Like the judges.. i like her second half of her personality more.. but i missed the days she was awesome and just wanted to do some clean slate singing.

Katie and Aaron had 2 enjoyable performances and I really liked it alot!! :)

Ranking of performances for me:
1. Crystal
2. Lee
3. Aaron
4. Katie
5. Tim
6. Mike
7. Siobhan
8. Casey
9. Andrew

Definitely safe tonight: Lee, Crystal, Michael, Casey

Of the five remaining - Andrew, Tim, Siobhan, Katie and Aaron

Andrew and Tim have been in the bottom 2, while Katie and Aaron have been in the bottom 3.

I'm going with my HEART and make the following predictions:

Bottom 3: Andrew, Tim, Siobhan/Katie
Definitely going home: Andrew
Second person going home: Maybe.. Tim

I have a very bad bad bad feeling that Tim will not be going home and there might be a surprise elimination. But, i'll pray for America to vote for the best singers and hope that Tim and Andrew will go TOMORROW!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 10:33:15 AM »
I did think prior to the show that Tim and Andrew will go but seeing that Tim did relatively well tonight and with that massive fanbase of his... I guess he's safe and that increases the likelihood that one of the girls goes.

My favourite performance of the night is Lee's! Crystal being in second. I liked Tim and Michael's performances too.

I'm thinking Andrew, Aaron, Siobhan and Katie could be in danger. And probably Andrew and a girl leave. Oh man.

Now I feel that Crystal's the next Melinda Doolittle of Season 6, getting great comments every week until it gets a little predictable and she could just leave at third place. Tim reminds me of Anoop of last season, couple of good weeks but we know he won't go anywhere far. Siobhan's showing not to be the next Adam, she's kinda going downhill. So... I think a guy wins this season again.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 10:51:42 AM »
I'm all for believing that Crystal WILL win this season. All and all a Crystal fan.

I am going with my heart that America will not vote out anymore girls. :'(

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 12:10:16 PM »
I think the difference between Adam and Siobhan is their focal point. Adam aimed to perform and entertain, and he did just that with excellent showmanship and equally immaculate vocals. But I get the feeling that Siobhan just wants to be strange and different. She's overdoing it and causing more and more confusion each week just because she wants to do something weird. I hope she gets back on track and remembers that this is after all a singing competition. She has a great voice, I hope she'll put it to the correct use. I'm still a fan!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 07:32:43 PM »
A lot of excellent comments here. Just playing it back now before the show tonight, Andrew.. he is so gone. Horrible arrangement, horrible idea to sing it. Horrible performance. Aaron, another bad song choice. Ugh. Didn't like it.

Contrary to the judges, I liked the first part of Siobhan's song, hated the 2nd part. She seems to think she needs to do the screeching, big note moment that she had a few weeks ago. It was great then, not great since.  I hope she gets back on track too, but I'm tired of the "strange" and "different" routine. Adam was always a performer. He knew his style, he dramatized the part that needed it and changed up his style for the song, but he was always Adam who blew everyone else away and he ALWAYS wore something dramatic and appropriate to add to the overall performance. I think she is in big trouble if not tonight, soon.

I believe Crystal will win. At the moment, I could see Mike, Crystal and Lee final three. (Hope I don't jinx them) LOL

One more thought, with only 3 girls left, I can't see one of the three going home tonight. I think it will be Andrew and Aaron. I sure hope I'm right though. Not Katie or Siobhan.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 01:48:57 AM »
RESULT SPOILER!!!!!!!!

Oh my frickin' gosh! Seriously, Katie ELIMINATED!!  :groan: What's America thinking?? Even though he has a great voice, Aaron so deserved to get the boot last night, and frankly so did Casey. Aaron was rather karaoke and was kinda like Lil Rounds from last season. Casey...yeah. They got Andrew right though.

Tim's stepping up his game. I wonder how much longer he can survive...

Aaron's doing the opposite- he's going downhill. I wonder how long until his time's up (I like his voice though)
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »
Well Andrew was a goner this week. I did guess that Katie was going home but I still had some hope that some other guy would leave! And I knew when Ryan said that Aaron was safe, that the guys should be safe and Katie would be in danger and so she was. Really sad to see her go, she's got a great voice and is really blossoming but well, that's America's choice. Now Siobhan, please step up your game! Geez.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:28:55 AM »
Bottom 3: Andrew, Tim, Siobhan/Katie
Definitely going home: Andrew
Second person going home: Maybe.. Tim

"The other person isn't even in the bottom 3", that's Mike. Mike isn't in the bottom 3. That leaves the last 3 person to be announced from safety to be Andrew (first boot), Katie (second boot) and Tim. last person to be safe)

Okay, i'm sorry Katie, but i jinxed you terribly.

Girl, you're 8th place and you'll be missed.

Right now... 4 out of 6 girls gone.

That seriously sucks.

Even though Siobhan is getting irritating, i do hope she stays. Omg, please let Tim, Mike and Casey be eliminated next. :'(

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »
Honestly, based on performances, I thought Aaron and Andrew were getting the boot. Aaron was too karaoke and Andrew...yeah. Although I wanted Tim to leave (he has overstayed his welcome), after Simon's comment there was nearly no way that was happening. Casey's got a real solid fanbase and Mike...I pray he'll go the way of Matt and be eliminated next week.
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »
I knew Andrew was toast but I didn't think Katie would go, I thought it would be Aaron.  :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 11:50:10 PM »
I thought it would be Tim.

Can it be Tim next??