Author Topic: Top 9 Performance Discussion  (Read 10198 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Top 9 Performance Discussion
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:53:10 AM »
The three girls were great!

I liked Katie's performance more than Crystal's this week! And i'm just so glad that Katie's proving herself to be an extremely good singer from the very beginning! Siobhan.. thank God she didn't shout again this week! Her song was slow.. abit boring.. but it showcased her vocals so well!

As for the guys.. Lee and Casey were great!! But then, i didn't love Casey's performance as much as Simon termed it as the best performance of the night. I don't know why but Aaron's performance was pretty much horrible. I think unlike Katie.. Aaron's going downhill and that's not a good sign.

I don't know if anyone of you agrees with me, but i realized that Andrew is not good with fast and upbeat tempo songs. I think he brings nothing special to the table when he does that. I think he's better when he changed up a song to a slow, butlight and contemporary tune. Like how he performed his best performance yet for Top 10. His performance this week was reall mediocre and unimpressive.

Michael, is again.. just singing and belting out a song. The tone and singing was really good.. but he's just doing another Lil' Rounds. Doomed for 7th place or worst? Okay, the song was really good all the way to the end from the middle.. but the starting was very boring. But Simon sums it well, i didn't like it as well as the other judges.

Tim Urban, is just crap.

Best performance(s) of the night:
Katie
Crystal
Casey
Lee

NEUTRAL:
Siobhan Magnus
Michael Lynch

Worst perofmance(s) of the night:
Tim Urban
Aaron Kelly
Andrew Garcia

I'm gonna go with my gut feeling and say Tim, Andrew and Aaron OR Michael in the bottom three. Yes, guys bottom three night!

Going home?? I believe Tim will stay another week? If he's staying, either Michael or Andrew is doomed.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Re: Top 9 Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »
I feel that this is the best night since the top 12 kicked off. Everyone showed improvement in one way or another. But now that Tim stepped it up tonight, it makes things all a little tougher. The three girls are great, Lee and Casey are great, that leaves us with Tim (who wasn't THAT bad tonight), Aaron, Mike, Andrew... I really hope it's a guy bottom-three this time! But I don't know, these 4 guys just seem really popular. Will we have a surprise tomorrow night? Geez.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »
I'm like you Ruth, everyone improved and did better last night, I don't know who will go home. Katie continues to do better and better. Andrew did better although Kara wants to love him but said he could do more and Simon gave him the KOD with his wedding singer comment that he was not even the lead singer. His lighting was much better and he chose a better song but he still needs to step it up. (May be too late.) 

Aaron didn't get much encouragement, I thought he seemed nervous.

Lee and the bagpipe! I couldn't help but laugh when the guy started grooving with the song and holding his bagpipes.  :lol3:

Guessing at the bottom three: Aaron, Tim and Andrew. I think it will be a tie between Aaron or Andrew, either one leaving wouldn't surprise me.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »
Joab, I do agree with you about Andrew. I think he's good, better probably than we've seen lately. I just wish he could find his niche. It's funny you mention Michael and Lil Rounds. I was thinking last night that most likely he will go the route of Melinda, he'll have some success but he will never be the winner of AI. That said, I like him. However, I just hated the first part of his song, if he hadn't changed it up, he would be going home tonight for certain.

I  was praying that Siobhan wouldn't scream... there was a moment when I thought she would go there but thankfully she didn't. Casey sang much better, I'm not sure he was the best performer of the night but for once he really let loose and sang with intensity and emotion, didn't play it safe.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
I really hope Andrew sticks around and gets a chance to show the mainstream media what he's capable of, like he's already shown his online fans.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 03:18:52 PM »
I really hope Andrew sticks around and gets a chance to show the mainstream media what he's capable of, like he's already shown his online fans.

I really hope so. He seems to have a huge fan base outside of AI.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 03:21:06 AM »

I really hope so. He seems to have a huge fan base outside of AI.

Honestly, I kinda feel Andrew's time has expired. Seriously, he has not had one decent performance since Straight Up. Forever was ok but not great. Since Mike is saved (oops...spoiler to those who don't know yet) and there will be 2 elims. next week...Andrew had better get it together.

My predictions for next week's elims: Tim and either Andrew, Aaron, or unfortunately Katie

Tim's time has been up since the season started, and Katie and Aaron don't have a solid fanbase
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 05:46:42 AM »
Okay, that's the second time i've correctly predicted the bottom 3. Who needs DialIdol with only safe predictions when you have Joab who can accurately guess the bottom 3 each time. LOL.

But i was pretty disgusted to see the save used on Michael. Oh please, as if he'll stand a chance to win even if the save was used on him! I can't believe the judges actually WASTED their SAVE on a guy who wouldn't win. That's pretty disturbing. We don't need another Reuben.

And Andrew, Aaron and Michael in the bottom 3.. was pretty expected.. just that Tim wasn't there, was shocking.

Since Michael will probably be safe next week, i think the next 2 vote out will pretty much be Andrew and Tim. HOWEVER, the judges will have to HIT themself real hard on the head because if by saving Michael and resulting in a double elimination next week, causing better singers like Lee, Crystal, Siobhan or Casey to go.. i think they'll slap themselves real hard for their foolishness.

LOL.

Crystal FTW!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 09:14:57 AM »
I think next week either 2 guys or 1 guy and girl is going home.

The girl who's in danger, would be Katie (60%), Siobhan (40%).

As for the guy, Andrew would be (70%) in danger and Aaron (30%).

HOWEVER, if Michael suck again next week... he's going to go home for sure.

Okay, the only 2 people whom i can say will be safe from elimination next week is Lee and Crystal.

If Michael do well next week,
Katie/Siobhan/Aaron/Casey (two of four, depending on who performed well) and Andrew will be bottom 3.

If Michael didn't do well,
Michael, Andrew, Katie/Siobhan/Aaron (one of three, depending on who performed well) will be in the bottom 3.

Things doesn't look good for Andrew. I think Katie might be in danger of elimination.

The worst thing of all, i think there could be a surprise elimination next week.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 09:57:55 AM »
OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE THE JUDGES USED THE SAVE THIS EARLY! For one, it's on Michael, who's not gonna win, and for another, IT'S ONLY THE TOP 9!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was quite sure Michael wouldn't be saved and I nearly got a heart attack when the judges saved him. Hey, what were they thinking of! I know Michael's an awesome singer, but he kinda lacks the star quality and the recording voice. Man... I really really can't believe it! Argh!!!!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 10:05:20 AM »
Ok i was totally shocked that the save was used last nite. but simon was right mike did have a good "sing for ur life" MOMENT.

Do i think he's safe next week? not really.  and now that 2 are heading home next week. i 'm thinking it may be 2 guys!  I feel the ladies have  pretty much put their stamp on thier styles. and with adam performing next week i bet anything the siobhan will put on a great performance  since she knows  they compared her to him.

I think it would be tim, andrew,mike  arron in the bottom.

Lee   and casey :casey (sorry had to do that :lol3: !!) i feel are safe
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »
Well in my opinion, the judges made one mistake this season, and could have made a potential one tonight. The first being putting Tim through to the top 24, the potential second one being saving Mike. Which I really think will prove to be a mistake...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 12:10:24 PM »
Well in my opinion, the judges made one mistake this season, and could have made a potential one tonight. The first being putting Tim through to the top 24, the potential second one being saving Mike. Which I really think will prove to be a mistake...

Tim wasn't originally in the top 24. He replaced a male contestant who breached the Idol rules.

And i agree, using the safe on Mike.. which you know perfectly well that he's not going to win??

I thought it's the best idea if they use the safe on Lee, Casey or Crystal.. who were superb singers. But Michael??

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »
People who should not go home next week -
Crystal, Siobhan, Katie, Lee, Casey, Aaron

That's my idea top 6.

Tim, Michael and Andrew...

Ah Tim is so unforgettable that i totally forgot about his existence!

I think next week either 2 guys or 1 guy and girl is going home.

The girl who's in danger, would be Katie (60%), Siobhan (40%).

As for the guy, Andrew would be (70%) in danger and Aaron (30%).

HOWEVER, if Michael suck again next week... he's going to go home for sure.

Okay, the only 2 people whom i can say will be safe from elimination next week is Lee and Crystal.

If Michael do well next week,
Katie/Siobhan/Aaron/Casey (two of four, depending on who performed well) and Andrew will be bottom 3.

If Michael didn't do well,
Michael, Andrew, Katie/Siobhan/Aaron (one of three, depending on who performed well) will be in the bottom 3.

Things doesn't look good for Andrew. I think Katie might be in danger of elimination.

The worst thing of all, i think there could be a surprise elimination next week.

LOL! Okay with this. I SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY hope that Mike/Tim/Andrew all go home. :lol: (Let there be one more safe and triple elimination??) LOL!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »
Surprised? Yes, I was convinced Andrew was going home, and judging from his facial expression, he thought his time was up.  :ascared  But shocked? YES! Using the judges save on Michael shocked me. They still have a couple of weeks, why didn't they save it for someone more likely to have a chance to win.

Joab had the bottom 3 right, but he has to post now before the show so we are prepared.  :lol:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 08:43:43 AM »
I just can't get over the fact that they saved Michael. Even Simon agreed? What's AI coming to? The only logical reason I see it is that the judges are trying to make the season less of a drag. If Michael goes, the number of good singers left are really few, perhaps that's why they saved Michael, just to save the show. Which sucks, they should totally look at the bigger picture! What if people like Siobahn, Lee or Crystal becomes a victim of a surprise elimination somewhere... Man...

Now I hope that Katie doesn't go home next week. Bleah.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 10:00:09 AM »
Surprised? Yes, I was convinced Andrew was going home, and judging from his facial expression, he thought his time was up.  :ascared  But shocked? YES! Using the judges save on Michael shocked me. They still have a couple of weeks, why didn't they save it for someone more likely to have a chance to win.

Joab had the bottom 3 right, but he has to post now before the show so we are prepared.  :lol:

I posted the bottom 3 before the show this week!! :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »
I just can't get over the fact that they saved Michael. Even Simon agreed? What's AI coming to? The only logical reason I see it is that the judges are trying to make the season less of a drag. If Michael goes, the number of good singers left are really few, perhaps that's why they saved Michael, just to save the show. Which sucks, they should totally look at the bigger picture! What if people like Siobahn, Lee or Crystal becomes a victim of a surprise elimination somewhere... Man...

Now I hope that Katie doesn't go home next week. Bleah.

The point is we don't need just a good singer, we need someone to win it all.. and that person is not Mike.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »

I posted the bottom 3 before the show this week!! :lol:

OOPS!  :-[   :lol:

Michael won't win, he'll be eliminated long before the final 2 or 3. Being in the bottom was not a good sign for him and being the lowest vote getter was worse. He'll have to rally his voting base to stay much longer.  :umn:  (Not that I don't like him, I think he's good just not the type of singer that will win AI.)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 06:32:20 AM »

OOPS!  :-[   :lol:

Michael won't win, he'll be eliminated long before the final 2 or 3. Being in the bottom was not a good sign for him and being the lowest vote getter was worse. He'll have to rally his voting base to stay much longer.  :umn:  (Not that I don't like him, I think he's good just not the type of singer that will win AI.)

Yup, I totally agree with that. Michael's an awesome singer and apparently has lots of personality but not what it takes to win AI. Oh well. I'm thinking that the judges are confident that those who deserve to win, the voters will vote them through. So they've decided that their job is to save those who might not win, yet deserve a chance to stay. I mean, looking at the previous seasons, so far the winners all deserved it. And prior to season 8, there was no such thing as the save, but America got it right each time. (Well maybe other than season 2 and 5.) And in season 8, Matt didn't win anyway, but Kris did deserve the title. So I guess the judges could be banking on the voters to just take their winner all the way through.

Having said that, being spared elimination might give Mike more time, into the final 6 maybe. My ideal final 6 would be the three girls plus Lee, Casey and Aaron, but Mike could replace either Katie or Aaron. Sigh. We've got to accept the fact that Mike got saved, and trust the viewers not to let a potential winner go. Geez.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 10:02:05 PM »
It will be really interesting to see what happens this coming week, two eliminated.  Adam will be mentoring as well. He should be HOT!

The week after will be the Give back show is a show that doesn't send anyone home.

(Thank Joab for catching my bad choice of words.)  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:44:57 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 09:32:06 AM »
We're into Idol Gives Back already? I thought it will only happen at the Final 7??

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 11:42:45 AM »
We're into Idol Gives Back already? I thought it will only happen at the Final 7??

My bad! I meant the week after this one.  :umn:

IDOL GIVES BACK APRIL 21 8/7c FOX

Idol Gives Back, the historic Emmy Award-winning television event and music celebration has raised more than $140 million to benefit charities around the world and across the United States. The two-hour fundraising event will return to FOX on Wednesday, April 21 at 8/7c. Beneficiaries for this year's event include Children's Health Fund, Feeding America, Malaria No More, Save the Children's U.S. Programs and the United Nations Foundation. Click here to learn more about each charity.

This year's special will feature performances and appearances by some of Hollywood's biggest stars as well as a few surprises. In previous years, Idol Gives Back has welcomed President Barack Obama, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, former President George W. Bush, Brad Pitt, Bono, Reese Witherspoon, Miley Cyrus, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Annie Lennox, Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, Mariah Carey, Gwen Stefani, Josh Groban, Pink, Celine Dion, Robin Williams, Ben Stiller and others.

Source: http://www.americanidol.com/idolgivesback/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »
Can't wait! :keeta: