Archive > The Amazing Race 16 Spoilers/Speculation

Season 16 = Dumbest Cast Ever...?

<< < (29/30) > >>

DeafRacer:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on May 16, 2010, 06:03:09 PM ---But to their credit, those recruited teams did do their homework, and extensively reviewed previous TAR's.

--- End quote ---

Well, look at Amanda and Kris. They were a recruited team and they were the fourth team eliminated :-p

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: DeafRacer on May 16, 2010, 06:13:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: georgiapeach on May 16, 2010, 06:03:09 PM ---But to their credit, those recruited teams did do their homework, and extensively reviewed previous TAR's.

--- End quote ---

Well, look at Amanda and Kris. They were a recruited team and they were the fourth team eliminated :-p

--- End quote ---

That's only because you u-turned them... it's hard to say how they would have fared if they had beaten Mark & Michael....

Coutzy:

--- Quote from: mswood on May 16, 2010, 02:42:34 PM ---I can't rationally understand why anyone would be supporting of this.  Seriously.

The idea if you don't like the U-Turn just race better is rubbish.  No team, not even the best teams the race has ever had manage to be first at every single route marker of every single leg.  And this year to add salt on the would the have a U-Turn on a leg that didn't have a point of equalization.  And more salt on teh wound, the team that got first in that earlier leg finished first but didn't actually race best (thanks to random chance the teams that managed to get the earliest flight got an over hour delay).  That allowed Michael & Louie to finish first without that they wouldn't have (nor did they even complete the tasks fastest that leg).  So clearly just race faster wasn't the factor that allowed another team to use the U-Turn.

I mean why do they have rules about not hindering teams, when they do this?  Whats the real point?  Why can't the bribe people to take them the wrong direction.  If you've saved the money and can get it down, why not?  The way is because it turns the race into something it wasn't created as.  A mean spirited race.

I mean if you have kids and are at a track game, do you want the kid who gets the first lap done first able to point out another kid an say oh you get to race an extra lap?  I mean seriously.

As over the years the race as improved several things.  The design of their final leg (thank you about time), the rules about not being able to buy objects off of people, not being able to hire cabs to direct you.  All have been great moves to make the show and the race itself better.

The creation of the Yield, The U-Turn, the begging / and or taking possession away from the racers is utter garbage.

There is a reason the industry thinks TAR is a better show then most Reality shows, and its just not where it goes or who it casts.  Part of that is that it doesn't sink itself to as base a level as many a show.  But those elements do make it worse.

--- End quote ---

Why should a team not get some sort of advantage for being first? Many a time people complain about equalization because it removes all the lead that the teams at the front have earned. Yet here everybody is complaining because the teams in the lead FINALLY get a reward for it. That is the reason I like the U-Turn. If you have raced well, then you get the chance to press the advantage you created for yourself, and if you've raced poorly, you may have to work extra hard to catch up. If the teams racing were so morally opposed to the U-Turn, they simply wouldn't use it. But it (And variants of it) are here to stay. Get used to it.

Dånooky:

--- Quote from: mswood on May 16, 2010, 02:42:34 PM ---I mean if you have kids and are at a track game, do you want the kid who gets the first lap done first able to point out another kid an say oh you get to race an extra lap?  I mean seriously.

--- End quote ---

First of all, racers are not kids, but let's say that's irrelevant. Let's give some context to your example.

Let's say there are lots of kids on the track and one of them is all "yeah, I can beat you any time, you are absolutely no competition to me..." and so on, constantly bothering the other contestants and yourself. If you had passed said team due to a stroke of luck and had the opportunity to get even with them within the rules and probably kick them out wouldn't you do it?

Take into account that the existence of said ability to screw with other teams shouldn't influence your personal decision since there's always the option to take the high road and not use it.

apskip:

--- Quote from: slayton on May 06, 2010, 04:35:38 PM ---Luke, "Season 16 = Dumbest Cast Ever...?" might not even be a question anymore after reading this answer from Michael:

--- Quote ---Michael: Again, we didn’t have a U-Turn after we got rid of Joe & Heidi. We let everyone think we had a U-Turn – and we wanted the others to pick [Carol & Brandy].
--- End quote ---

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article11304.art&page=1

I remember you saying that you could still use the U-Turn after the Blind U-Turn because you still had your picture.  Either they changed the rules or this is more bumbling by the detectives.

--- End quote ---
Caelestor stated below this "I like it that you can only U-turn once, blind or not. " slayton was right on this and Caelestor was wrong. Also, Deaf Racer was obviously right in a follow-up; he got the rules read to him for AR14 so he knows personally what all careful viewers of AR14 know. What I remember from Phil's explanation of the introduction of the Blind U-Turn was that using it did NOT affect a team's ability to use a regular U-Turn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version