Author Topic: Season 16 = Dumbest Cast Ever...?  (Read 77762 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Season 16 = Dumbest Cast Ever...?
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2010, 02:48:46 AM »
In addition to post-race interviews, we also have evidence from the show.  One example is last season.  As the racers arrived at the airport in Prague, for the final flight to Las Vegas, teams remarked that they didn't know who would be joining them and who had been eliminated.  It was very clear that they didn't "mingle" during the "mandatory rest period," aka pitstop.

Yeah but don't forget. Brian and Ericka finished at around 8am (actually around 7:30-40am), Sam and Dan at 4am and Meghan and Cheyne at 3am. It's 3am in the morning, you just ran a difficult leg, what is the first thing you will do?? Sleep right?  Especially if you're leaving again at 11:10am to run the final leg...

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2010, 09:36:39 AM »
Luke, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about docol (unless that's you too!!!! :lol:)

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »
adding fuel? i'm just replying to all everyone who talks about what i'm saying.......just like i'm doing right now.!! LOL
And by the way, i'm not saying that i'm the perfect one to be chosen for the race, i never said that !!! That's something that came up from someone of the forum....And it doesn't matter how strong can i be, i can't apply, so..........back off haters!!
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2010, 04:35:38 PM »
Luke, "Season 16 = Dumbest Cast Ever...?" might not even be a question anymore after reading this answer from Michael:
Michael: Again, we didn’t have a U-Turn after we got rid of Joe & Heidi. We let everyone think we had a U-Turn – and we wanted the others to pick [Carol & Brandy].

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article11304.art&page=1

I remember you saying that you could still use the U-Turn after the Blind U-Turn because you still had your picture.  Either they changed the rules or this is more bumbling by the detectives.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2010, 04:40:57 PM »
Luke, "Season 16 = Dumbest Cast Ever...?" might not even be a question anymore after reading this answer from Michael:
Michael: Again, we didn’t have a U-Turn after we got rid of Joe & Heidi. We let everyone think we had a U-Turn – and we wanted the others to pick [Carol & Brandy].

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article11304.art&page=1

I remember you saying that you could still use the U-Turn after the Blind U-Turn because you still had your picture.  Either they changed the rules or this is more bumbling by the detectives.

Their decision to U-turn Joe/Heidi was horrible strategically then.
But, their strategy to convince other people to U-turn Carol/Brandy was actually quite brilliant.

I like it that you can only U-turn once, blind or not. This actually means you have to decide when to do it.
We need to see more U-turns though. 4 a season would be nice.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2010, 05:45:58 PM »

But, their strategy to convince other people to U-turn Carol/Brandy was actually quite brilliant.

I like it that you can only U-turn once, blind or not. This actually means you have to decide when to do it.

4 U-Turns per a season! Good thing it's not on my season otherwise my mom and I would be toasted!

On my season, we were allowed to do U-Turn twice.

"But, their strategy to convince other people to U-turn Carol/Brandy was actually quite brilliant." I disagree. WAY opposite! It was quite dumb. What if it comes down to the footrace? Best bet that Louie and Michael could beat Carol and Brandy but no way Louie and Michael could beat Jet and Cord in the footrace.

Trust me. Footrace is a huge factor sometimes. Take a look at MoJo, Tyler & BJ and Jeremy & Eric's infamous footrace in Australia. Jill and John Vito versus Ken and Gerard in Switzerland. That was one of small reasons that we u-turned Amanda and Kris because there's no way that my mom could beat Kris in the footrace. Now the U-Turn just bite Louie and Michael's butt for not taking an advantage to U-Turn Jet and Cord twice which could have thrusted themselves into the Final Three.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2010, 06:27:25 PM »

4 U-Turns per a season! Good thing it's not on my season otherwise my mom and I would be toasted!

"But, their strategy to convince other people to U-turn Carol/Brandy was actually quite brilliant." I disagree. WAY opposite! It was quite dumb. What if it comes down to the footrace? Best bet that Louie and Michael could beat Carol and Brandy but no way Louie and Michael could beat Jet and Cord in the footrace.

Trust me. Footrace is a huge factor sometimes. Take a look at MoJo, Tyler & BJ and Jeremy & Eric's infamous footrace in Australia. Jill and John Vito versus Ken and Gerard in Switzerland. That was one of small reasons that we u-turned Amanda and Kris because there's no way that my mom could beat Kris in the footrace. Now the U-Turn just bite Louie and Michael's butt for not taking an advantage to U-Turn Jet and Cord twice which could have thrusted themselves into the Final Three.

Oh, you're right. I forgot about the cowboys.  :groan:
Yeah, I'd like to see Jet/Cord win the whole thing just to show how idiotic some of the other teams this season have been.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »
Guys, one thing to note that this season, thanks to Brent & Caite's upset win in Shanghai 2, the final 4 have each at least won a leg each. A remarkable achievement considering how hard it is to win a leg.

Offline Nume

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »
Guys, one thing to note that this season, thanks to Brent & Caite's upset win in Shanghai 2, the final 4 have each at least won a leg each. A remarkable achievement considering how hard it is to win a leg.
Lol that'll make my mom happy... she always likes to see everyone win something, more than any one person win a lot. If Brent and Caite hadnt won that leg she'd have probably cheered for them to win it all, just so all the finalists could walk away with something...

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »
Well you look at the final three teams and all have made some sizable mistakes, some really huge, and what should normally be enough to make you lose.

Jet & Cord should be gone one leg they completely blew, saved because of a non elimination.  And the reason they were last.  Had nothing to do with luck, or bad taxi's, plane problems, or other issues outside their control.

Another leg, they just assumed they knew what they were doing and took off to the wrong damn town.  Thats a huge error.  Jumping the gun on getting money for the wrong country, huge error.  But luckily for them that was an early leg where teams can often survive making a big error.

Dan & Jordan have made a couple, from dropping cabs, to losing equipment, to their largest sticking with a task (which they did succeed at) but took them hours, hours longer then the field task.  That was a huge mistake.

And then we have Brent & Caite, lord where to begin.....

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
Well now that the season has come to a close, I want to say to the racers, even if we think you made some questionable moves.  We really don't mean to say your stupid.  Lots of smart people have made bad calls on the race.  I mean I don't think Joe & Bill are stupid or dumb, even if they made the original stupid mistake.  And not to worry Joe & Bill you have lots of company join you over these last 16 wonderful seasons.

So instead of picking apart the moves that weren't smart in this final leg.  Here is too good calls that were made.

1st:  Dan & Jordan  In many ways this is the single best move a team has ever made in a final leg.  This lead gave you the chance to build a lead a team that typically was faster then you at physical challenges, this really helped with the tower and the chest.  It was brilliant game playing, and yes Dan it was "Huger then Huge!"

In fact the only other final leg action a team took that comes close is Rob & Brennan saving all their money (even if Cabbies hate them) to purchase a cell phone to give them a leg up in getting flights before arriving at the airport.  While it didn't end up effecting the game it was an exceptionally smart move.

#2:  Jet & Cord

Buying that travel book (things racers do all the time, and often it doesn't pay off) worked here.  Very nice to see that you used your time and resources well.  Good job.  And it was awesome to see that Cord remembered it just from the clues description.

#3:  Brent & Caite:  Stopping to get internet help with the clue.  Always a smart way to get info, as using locals and people on the street isn't always reliable.  Bonus points if you went to an actual Hotel (I don't know).

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2010, 05:31:30 AM »

I remember you saying that you could still use the U-Turn after the Blind U-Turn because you still had your picture.  Either they changed the rules or this is more bumbling by the detectives.

Luke, if you were Carol and Brandy, would you do the same as they did at the Finish Line? :tup:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2010, 05:46:17 AM »
I don't care who you are, or who you think you are, behaviour like that which we saw at the finish line is not on. Surely Carol and Brandy knew that the U-Turn was more than likely to be involved, so they should expect that they may just be on the receiving end of the U-Turn (Mind you I still don't agree with the reasoning behind U-Turning the girls, but that's another rant for another time.) They were disappointed, pissed even, on the day they were U-Turned, but the least they could do is show some class and politely clap with the rest of the teams when Brent & Caite finish.

That's all probably directed at one more than the other (Based on what we saw, anyway.) But still, its not cool to be doing that. If I was Caite, I'd just turn around and go "You know what? We did U-Turn you, and look at the SCOREBOARD!"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2010, 06:33:23 AM »
I don't care who you are, or who you think you are, behaviour like that which we saw at the finish line is not on. Surely Carol and Brandy knew that the U-Turn was more than likely to be involved, so they should expect that they may just be on the receiving end of the U-Turn (Mind you I still don't agree with the reasoning behind U-Turning the girls, but that's another rant for another time.) They were disappointed, pissed even, on the day they were U-Turned, but the least they could do is show some class and politely clap with the rest of the teams when Brent & Caite finish.

That's all probably directed at one more than the other (Based on what we saw, anyway.) But still, its not cool to be doing that. If I was Caite, I'd just turn around and go "You know what? We did U-Turn you, and look at the SCOREBOARD!"

Completely on your side.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2010, 06:44:20 AM »
That's very arrogant, even for Catie!!

I believe that Carol & Brandy could have shut their mouths and that's it. I HATE Joe for that, and am starting to stop loving them because of reminding about the U-Turn. You're out, so stop complaining. There are U-Turns to be used through the course, and they knew that before joining. SHUT UP!

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2010, 12:07:03 PM »
Conclusion: I wouldn't say this cast is the dumbest, but it's one of the least fun to watch, perhaps even worse than TAR 6's.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »

I remember you saying that you could still use the U-Turn after the Blind U-Turn because you still had your picture.  Either they changed the rules or this is more bumbling by the detectives.

Luke, if you were Carol and Brandy, would you do the same as they did at the Finish Line? :tup:

Haha well I actually was waiting for someone to U-Turn us! I knew we were a strong and threat team and had a great chance of making to the Final Three so I fully expected my team to be U-Turned!!! I'm glad that Tammy and Victor stayed true to the deal we made. But, no, I would've not done what Carol and Brandy did at the Finish Line.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2010, 02:01:29 PM »
Conclusion: I wouldn't say this cast is the dumbest, but it's one of the least fun to watch, perhaps even worse than TAR 6's.
I still think Caite's facial expression made for good entertainment and at least we got a bit more than just the "cheyne cheyne cheyne..." "brian, brian, brian..." "sam, sam, sam..." last season
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »
I still think Caite's facial expression made for good entertainment and at least we got a bit more than just the "cheyne cheyne cheyne..." "brian, brian, brian..." "sam, sam, sam..." last season

The question is, do I like boring but generally nice teams that freak out occasionally, or teams with inflated egos that rant throughout the season? The only reason why I ranked TAR 16 higher is because it seemed as though the producers put a bit more thought into planning tasks...

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2010, 12:28:13 AM »

Haha well I actually was waiting for someone to U-Turn us! I knew we were a strong and threat team and had a great chance of making to the Final Three so I fully expected my team to be U-Turned!!! I'm glad that Tammy and Victor stayed true to the deal we made. But, no, I would've not done what Carol and Brandy did at the Finish Line.

Do you think they should do away with having the U-Turn available next season?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2010, 01:02:57 AM »
I hope the producers won't develop another killer machine....

PHIL: "This is the only DEAD END that will on the entire Amazing Race Franchise. At this point, one team can use their powers to exercise the Dead End against one team, forcing that team TO BE ELIMINATED from the race."

:snicker: :lol3:

So better thank we still have U-turn!

The Dead End Twist is just a fantasy game twist, it is NOT for REAL and hope that IT IS NOT REAL :lol:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:10:41 AM by uycocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2010, 01:23:56 AM »

Do you think they should do away with having the U-Turn available next season?

The U-turn has the negative connotation that if used properly, it knocks out the target 100% of the time. Right now, it seems too overpowered (though to be fair, Amanda/Kris, Kisha/Jen, and Carol/Brandy were close to making up the lost time). IMO, no the producers will not take it away.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »
Yield and U-turn are big negatives.......they fit more for Survivor or BB. I always liked TAR for the positives of racing.......not for being a clique and voting people out........aka the yield or U turn.  I am just saying........
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2010, 09:30:31 AM »
I don't like anything that takes the race out of the racers own hands...whether it be clueless cabbies (prefer self driving or public transportation), or a Yield/Uturn. I  wonder be very happy to see those disappear.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »
 I disagree (read you are wrong, sorry), I have no problem with any aspect of the race that mirrors normal every day experiences people would have with traveling around the world.  That includes language barriers, vehicles breakdowns, and bad taxi's. 

Its' the artificial interference that I, how should I put it, HATE with a passion.  TAR has designed has always been above that until they created the Yield.  Any negatives of the race weren't creations of the producers but just the everyday interactions of people.

By the same idea, I never have been a huge fan of the Fast Forward as it allows teams that don't have the ability to succeed over teams that are performing strong on their own. 

Heck even with all the travel problems off season 11, I would rather have that problem (which does happen in real life) then a single Yield or U-Turn).