Author Topic: TAR16 Media Thread  (Read 89611 times)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: TAR16 Media Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2010, 07:16:39 PM »
Team "Sour Grapes"  :lol3:  :neener:  :groan:

Yes it did. TAR looks like it may have jumped the shark if it keeps advocating team drama over task-making.
Looks like some viewers will start boycotting the show because Dan & Jordan deserved a penalty for "cheating"  :res:

D/J ran a relatively good leg this episode and deserved to win. Their move up to business class with ingenuous, perfectly legal.

My problems with the finale:
It slowed down at LDAC
A lame memory task (where's the challenge?)
Editing in that confrontation at the mat (seriously?). This must be the first time we've seen eliminated teams give their thoughts at the finish line. It left viewers on a sour note.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »
D/J ran a relatively good leg this episode and deserved to win. Their move up to business class with ingenuous, perfectly legal.

It is not legal for a flight attendant to move passangers up to business class if they bought coach tickets. That is called pilfering.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2010, 04:20:58 AM »

It is not legal for a flight attendant to move passangers up to business class if they bought coach tickets. That is called pilfering.

I've seen flight attendants do that a number of times and I don't fly that often. They moved me from coach to first class once because I had been seated in a row with a woman and infant and they deemed it unsafe if I had to try to evacuate around a car seat in an emergency. I think they are allowed to use their judgment to move people around as they see fit. Moving Dan and Jordan to first class probably pushes the limit, but charm can get you far at times. "Hey, I'm with the Amazing race and I need your help!" probably works too.

I have my doubts that any government has passed laws regarding moving passengers from one class of seat to another without paying the price difference. I'm not even sure whether China or US law would cover it or if any law covers international air space. More likely it's up to the individual airline, and if they can make a customer happy by moving them to an unsold business or first class seat, why not do it in a select number of cases?

Plaidmoon

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2010, 06:59:11 AM »
Flight attendents have a lot of discretion in this area, and it is done a lot. I fly often, and have had surprise upgrades not infrequently. In this case, I think it was a matter of them being moved up to those seats just before the descent solely for exit purposes, so no pilfering involved!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2010, 07:10:01 AM »
From an article on Reality TV Spoilers:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Fans share those findings online, attempting to deduce such elements as who the suitors are on the next season of "The Bachelorette" or what the route will be on the CBS globe-trotting contest "The Amazing Race." RealityFanForum.com members were able to figure out almost the entire course of the 16th season of "The Amazing Race" months before it premiered.

"I can't speak for the network or the production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world," said host Phil Keoghan. "If you're a fan of the show, you're not going to go, 'Oh! I can't watch the show now because I know where they're going.' If anything, you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."

Read more: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37089356/ns/today-entertainment//
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2010, 07:42:56 AM »
From an article on Reality TV Spoilers:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Fans share those findings online, attempting to deduce such elements as who the suitors are on the next season of "The Bachelorette" or what the route will be on the CBS globe-trotting contest "The Amazing Race." RealityFanForum.com members were able to figure out almost the entire course of the 16th season of "The Amazing Race" months before it premiered.

"I can't speak for the network or the production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world," said host Phil Keoghan. "If you're a fan of the show, you're not going to go, 'Oh! I can't watch the show now because I know where they're going.' If anything, you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."

Read more: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37089356/ns/today-entertainment//

Sweet! This is just such a great testimony to the good work that everybody has been doing!!  :tup: :tup: :tup:

THREE CHEERS FOR ALL RFF DETECTIVES!!!
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2010, 02:08:43 PM »
Thanks for the article.
Newer tactics include forbidding the use of social media during filming.
Has any racer ever mentioned a pre-race cutoff date for social websites? (One week before the start, one day before, etc.) Just curious.  :duno: