Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!! (summary in posts 1thru 3)  (Read 149027 times)

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
Re: TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!! (summary in posts 1thru 3)
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2010, 05:52:08 PM »
How do we know if that person is reliable? Did he back it up with evidence or an explanation of this result? To me that's still speculation unless it's proven otherwise.

well, there's a 60% possibility of this is right...otherwise the winning team is dan/jordan...(but i don't think so)
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »
That spoiler from Buddy TV is wrong because he first wrote Catie and Brent's name as the team that wins. We know it is between the cowboys and the other brothers so I say he doesn't know who wins and is just guessing like we all seem to be doing.

well, spiderracer never said miss dumbie and his bf will win, and he also predicted that mario and luigi (from mario bros, LOL) would be the team who's out from the final three, so......

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2010, 06:17:51 PM »
Spoilers have none that for quite a little bit of time.

Not saying its wrong, but it very well might just be conjecture.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2010, 08:18:17 PM »
like i said there was a 40% of possibility that dan/jordan would win...that's what exactly happened..! thanks spiderracer

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: May 09, 2010, 10:03:18 PM »
Congratulations, Eric & Danielle. 

You are no longer the worst performing winning team.

Your average placement of 3.6153 doesn't look that bad compared to Dan & Jordan's record-shattering 4.3333.

Eric & Danielle only won 1 leg compared to Dan & Jordan's 2 wins, but they still performed better by ~0.718.

Wow!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »
So much for that.  Who said Brent could not do the Roadblock?  Or that after he did it Caite would also have to climb the tower.  And we had a spoiler who claimed that both Caite and Brent climbed Coit Tower.  False.  If there is a rule that says that Roadblocks have to be done equally by the team members, I would like some one to quote chapter and verse (not on spec.)  And if there is a fast and true rule that RBs have to be done equally, then rules can be broken just as the rule about you must be 21 to compete was waived so that Caite could participate.  Special rules for this team? Dam. cost me points!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2010, 10:44:42 PM »
"I'm handling it. I'm the one standing here"

You tell them, girl :funny
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2010, 10:52:29 PM »
Look at what appeared on CBS's twitter:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I wonder if any of the other Star Wars charas felt left out? XD
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:07:58 AM by SuzuKen »
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #258 on: May 10, 2010, 02:40:22 AM »
well well well....after weeks of silence..it is confirmed that the winner team is: JET AND CORD..!!
(highlight to see it)

sucks right??

thanks to spiderracer(from buddy tv)

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

:neener: :neener: :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline HIIPERS GIRL

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #259 on: May 10, 2010, 09:11:20 AM »
can anyone tell me whether 2nd and 3rd place teams will receive any amount of money?

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: May 10, 2010, 10:03:49 AM »
Second place used to be $100,000, but I don't know if that's still true.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #261 on: May 10, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
Wow! I didn't expect Dan and Jordan to win, seeing that the spoiler said they had a 30-minute lead over the other teams and from what we have seen the past seasons, the leading team always gets surpassed and end up not winning. This must be one of the rare times if not the first that a team led the entire leg! Wow! And I guess Jordan's love for the race enabled them to finish the final task extra quickly and propelled them to the win. Awesome job for them!

Great job to Jet and Cord and Brent and Caite too. Although I was rooting for the former a little more to win it, Dan and Jordan winning are fine. Yay! :D

This season hasn't been all that wonderful for me, but it ended alright. I'm now looking forward to the next season! Hopefully it's a more interesting cast. Fewer all-male teams please! Hee.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #262 on: May 10, 2010, 07:20:35 PM »

Really? I thought it was 25k.
But 100 grand...dang!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: May 10, 2010, 08:31:28 PM »

Really? I thought it was 25k.
But 100 grand...dang!

Equivalent to TARA's winner award :lol3:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: May 10, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »
I just want to say a big thank you for everyone who contributes to this forum.  I am really jealous of all the work that you guys and gals do.  And even if it isn't said much there are a ton of us lazy members (Hi everyone) who really, really appreciate all the work you do.

Peach its been fun, you did a great job this season (even if I do miss a certain someone).

Thanks All.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #265 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:56 AM »
Thank you SO much mswood!!

I think our whole team was awesome this season!! Everyone did a fabulous job and it was that teamwork that made this so special!!

I could never thank each of you, I would be bound to forget someone...but from the first sighting onwards y'all have been a joy to work with and one heck of a Spoiler Team!!

Thanks everyone for a great season!! Now....on to TAR 17!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #266 on: May 11, 2010, 12:26:32 AM »
FYI, I just post a link to a great interview Dan and Jordan did today on their thread. They said that Jet and Cord arrived at the pitstop 25 or so minutes after they did so it was not close. It was a great interview.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: May 11, 2010, 04:36:40 AM »
Thank you SO much mswood!!

I think our whole team was awesome this season!! Everyone did a fabulous job and it was that teamwork that made this so special!!

I could never thank each of you, I would be bound to forget someone...but from the first sighting onwards y'all have been a joy to work with and one heck of a Spoiler Team!!

Thanks everyone for a great season!! Now....on to TAR 17!! :yess:

It's been a lot of fun. I've gotten kind of hooked on hunting for clues while they are running the race. It's amazing what you can find if you dig hard enough and look in the right places. Maybe I'll manage to do that sometime.  :lol:  I'll never be on The Amazing Race, so these are my Roadblocks and Detours.

I come here almost daily and follow what's happening. You never know when something will come up that you have an answer for. Besides, It's fun and entertaining around here. Thanks to everyone who loves TAR and takes the time to participate.

Plaidmoon

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: May 11, 2010, 05:02:14 PM »
For those that are interested - here is a collage of files provided by CBS with the exif date to put them in order.
Looks like Jet and Cord weren't that far ahead of Brent and Caite...

Hope this link works - its a large file...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:06:12 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2010, 07:39:26 AM »
For those that are interested - here is a collage of files provided by CBS with the exif date to put them in order.

Anyway to make this readable?? When I enlarge it, it blurs out...  And did CBS provide the exif data? ???  Way cool!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »
Since I was OOT, I missed some stuff at the time:

Interesting to read this in hindsight though.

The Amazing Race

Phil Keoghan Analyzes The Amazing Race‘s Final Three TeamsMay 9, 2010
Phil Keoghan, host of The Amazing Race, spoke to PEOPLE and broke down the pros and cons of the final three teams before the show’s finale Sunday night. Watch a sneak peek of the episode. Tune in to CBS (8 p.m. EST) to find out which set of world travelers will master motion capture at Lucas Films, reach Keoghan’s mat first and take home the $1 million prize in San Francisco, this season’s final destination. –Carrie Bell

The Cowboys: Jet and Cord McCoy
Strengths: Family ties are an asset and these brothers “with tremendous eye-hand coordination work extremely well together,” according to Keoghan. He also says they’re “the coolest team under pressure that we’ve ever had. The closest they ever got to losing their cool was in Seychelles when they forgot the map and even then I saw only a hint of frustration.” Maybe because this isn’t the professional bullriders first time at the rodeo. “They’re used to the limelight, high-level competition and performing under pressure,” Keoghan says.

Weaknesses: Keoghan is concerned that very same coolness might cost them first place. “They’re very even and nice and may not be able to amp it up to guarantee a win,” he says. “At this point, you have to get cutthroat and have a win-at-any-cost mentality. I don’t know if they have it in them to push past another team to take the only taxi. The slightest hesitation will cost you.” Their trademark wide-eyed awe may also cost them time. “It’s one of the things that viewers have really identified with, but if they stop to smell the coffee for too long, someone else will drink it.”

The Model Couple: Brent Horne and Caite Upton
Strengths: Keoghan, like most of the contestants and viewers, never pictured this dating duo in the finale because of their “opposite personalities, frequent bickering and [numerous] silly errors they made early on where they missed the little details,” he says. And of course there’s that infamous beauty pageant blunder that made her look like an airhead. “[The other teams] judged her on that and figured she wouldn’t be able to hack the Race,” he continues. “But Caite’s determination to prove herself is the reason they’re still in it. Ultimately she led that team with a do-or-die mentality. She would push past anybody to get to the finish line first. She’s made it very clear that she will do whatever it takes.”
Weaknesses: They’re the only unrelated pair left and they’ve known each other the least amount of time. “There’s an entirely different dynamic in boyfriend-girlfriend teams and they’re different people,” Keoghan explains. “Brent’s quite laid back and doesn’t like to be pushed too much. When he is, he tends to back down, give up and quit. Their different headspaces could become an issue.” Speaking of bad habits, she’s still the girl who froze and “lost the plot on national TV when the pressure was on,” he continues. “The stress of the final leg could trigger that same deer-in-headlights reaction.”

The Brothers: Dan and Jordan Pious:
Strengths: They’ve also got the brotherly bond working for them. It’s been Jordan’s dream to tryout for the Race and while Dan was never a big fan, he “has a tremendous amount of desire to help Jordan with his quest to win,” Keoghan says. “That determination to support his little brother and their close-knit relationship has allowed them to work well together and forced them to push themselves.”
Weaknesses: While this tough team deserves to be final three, Keoghan worries their emotions or tempers will get the best of them. “When the pressure’s on or things stop going their way, Jordan gets very emotional and then Dan has to spend time taking care of him,” he explains. “That’s where their game falls apart, although I admire how good of a job he’s done picking him up off the floor and moving him along. But an outburst could cost them precious minutes. Their tempers, as we saw in the taxi last episode, flare up under pressure and they get rattled.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/09/amazing-race-finale-phil-keoghan-cowboys-brothers-models/?xid=rss-topheadlines
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2010, 08:49:11 AM »

Anyway to make this readable?? When I enlarge it, it blurs out...  And did CBS provide the exif data? ???  Way cool!
They came from CBS "indirectly"  :-X
I'll post them in 3 parts:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2010, 08:50:03 AM »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2010, 08:50:36 AM »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2010, 08:52:59 AM »
Thanks WalkingPneumonia!

Question: Why are Jet/Cord running to the finish line at 1.08pm and Daniel/Jordan at the club at 1.11pm?