Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!! (summary in posts 1thru 3)  (Read 149025 times)

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!! (summary in posts 1thru 3)
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »
Notable info from 'Amazing Race' host promises 'tense' finish
--They'll also continue "The Amazing Race" finale tradition of having their memories of the race tested.

--Keoghan foreshadowed that Upton and Horne are confronted by another team at the mat.

"This season," he teased, "we have a very tense finish."

After reading the article, and the fact that the ascender and trunk tasks require strength, I'm feeling better about Jet & Cord's chances of winning.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2010, 01:23:50 PM »
The McCoys, who came in first place during the last episode,

Dude needs to watch that last episode one more time and pay attention to detail.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2010, 02:09:55 PM »
Is there any evidence on the time when teams were spotted at Coit Tower?
Personally I think this looks like the first task since the producers usually don't want many people to see teams in a public place, so put this as first task can avoid most people seeing them, especially when there will be more tourists later.

Offline PBRgal10

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2010, 02:14:09 PM »
umm im new to this board but i thought you guys might want to see this clip of the finale that was posted on myspace here's the link.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=104806399

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2010, 02:45:25 PM »
Is there any evidence on the time when teams were spotted at Coit Tower?
Personally I think this looks like the first task since the producers usually don't want many people to see teams in a public place, so put this as first task can avoid most people seeing them, especially when there will be more tourists later.

The first Coit Tweet:
Amazing Race contestants just completed near-final stage by rappelling up San Francisco's Coit Tower! http://twitpic.com/udts2     11:14 AM Dec 20th, 2009  via Echofon
http://twitter.com/joelwhitaker

Subsequent tweets identified this team as Brent & Caite.

I'm thinking this was the first task, and the two brother teams had already finished Coit and headed to Letterman.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2010, 04:27:13 PM »
The one thing that's strange is Brent doing the roadblock when he's already done 6.

What's going on with the rules?  More exceptions?

Offline hallai

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2010, 04:44:02 PM »
Humm. Something does not fit.

If the Coit tower is really a roadblock (and it appears to be), why is Brent doing it? He's already hit 6...
Are we sure it is him? Because it could be production crew...
Also, I read earlier about both team mates (Brent and Caite) doing it?

Taking this into account, the VR seems to be a miscellaneous task. I still believe the cowboys are leaving there tied at worst (it really seems like Jordan is trying to read the Tonga message). Since they are not interacting with each other I don't call Jet possible step ahead a cut in line. The promo says "a cut in line cuts into another Team's time", so I also dismiss the seat moving on deplaning as a cut in line (promo mentions Team and not Teams....).

About the timeline, I stick with my previous post (SFO -> Coit -> LDAC -> Tonga -> GAMH -> Candlestick), unless the other tasks were so easy they managed to do everything within 1 hour to be at Coit Tower so early...

And I don't like the sound of this: "but he does believe that the show's fans are rooting for the beloved professional bull riders  to win and that the ending isn't necessarily happy for everyone". Maybe hes just playing with us? :P
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:59:59 PM by hallai »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2010, 05:49:49 PM »
Notable info from 'Amazing Race' host promises 'tense' finish
--They'll also continue "The Amazing Race" finale tradition of having their memories of the race tested.

--Keoghan foreshadowed that Upton and Horne are confronted by another team at the mat.

"This season," he teased, "we have a very tense finish."

After reading the article, and the fact that the ascender and trunk tasks require strength, I'm feeling better about Jet & Cord's chances of winning.

I take that as confirmation that there is the customary memory challenge on the final leg. From what we've seen, I'd go with our speculation that the trunks the teams are carrying will contain items used in the memory challenge.

Plaidmoon

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2010, 05:55:21 PM »
I also doubt Phil actually said, "the final leg will take the teams from Singapore to San Francisco," since that would encompass three legs.

Perhaps Phil said, "Shanghai," and the writer just wrote the wrong city.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2010, 05:59:26 PM »
"Keoghan, who was at the finish line when the show was filmed late last year, would not reveal the winner, of course, but he does believe that the show's fans are rooting for the beloved professional bull riders to win and that the ending isn't necessarily happy for everyone. Keoghan foreshadowed that Upton and Horne are confronted by another team at the mat."  :duno:

Is it possible that the memory task is not the final task?

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2010, 06:41:24 PM »
TAR13 had the 3 tasks after their memory task.

TAR14 had the unaired task of them looking for a statue after the surfboard roadblock.

It's all up in the air as to when the memory task happens.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2010, 07:21:11 PM »
I guess.
I prefer that the memory task comes last in the leg, since the person who completes it first almost always wins.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2010, 07:43:47 PM »
It's possible that Coit tower comes before Letterman.

Unfortunately I don't have time to work out the angles.

Sorry  :duno:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline kg852

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2010, 08:17:48 PM »
Did anybody see Phil on the Bonnie Hunt show?  They showed a clip of this episode---it showed Dan pulling himself up the tower, he is almost at the top when it shows the cowboys showing up on the scene and when the cowboys show up it says they are in second place.  Hope this is the correct place to post this, have been reading the forums when I got obsessed with this show a couple of weeks ago and decided to register now to post this.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »
Phil was on Bonnie Hunt today and showed a clip of the Coit Tower ascender task. He did mention it was the final task.

Interesting.  Where does the trunk stuff fit in then? Chateau's shadow magic says that the trunks come after Coit.

I'm thinking something along the lines of like the last season of TARA, where teams have to carry a chest to the finish line, but a chest is pretty heavy, maybe they don't need to carry it all the way?

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »
Not sure if these particular photos have been shared.....

CBS posted them on TwitPic

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:06:49 AM by SuzuKen »
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline hallai

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2010, 10:45:22 PM »
Not sure if these particular photos have been shared.....

CBS posted them on TwitPic

These photos confirm the Coit Tower is a roadblock....and it looks like Letterman is a Route Info.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2010, 10:55:06 PM »
Did anybody see Phil on the Bonnie Hunt show?  They showed a clip of this episode---it showed Dan pulling himself up the tower, he is almost at the top when it shows the cowboys showing up on the scene and when the cowboys show up it says they are in second place.  Hope this is the correct place to post this, have been reading the forums when I got obsessed with this show a couple of weeks ago and decided to register now to post this.

So does Coit Tower come before Letterman? Because it definitely seems as though the cowboys are definitely trailing throughout the leg, but slowly making up ground. B/C appear to be nonentities at the moment.
Of course, the team which arrives first at the final task has not won in a LONG time... :ascared

Offline HIIPERS GIRL

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2010, 11:03:29 PM »
Is the virtual task the last task?

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2010, 11:14:33 PM »
oh! so that photo of the brothers is taken at Coit Tower?

confirmation of that being a roadblock would explain how brent and caite would have fallen behind.  since we have eye witness reports that BOTH brent and caite were seen doing this RB, let me guess that B/C DIDN'T keep count of how many RBs each of them has done so far, and Brent gets volunteered to do the climb up (him being tall and lanky would have some advantage in doing it quickly).  HOWEVER, since he has already completed 6 RBs, they are not allowed to open/retrieve the clue after his climb up and Caite has to do the RB instead.....  :lol3:

though I thought that if this were to happen, aren't they supposed to be issued at penalty at the pitstop?
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2010, 11:16:19 PM »
WOW~~~

‘Amazing Race’ Host Promises ‘Tense’ Finish
by Associated Press
May 7th, 2010 | 7:10 AM | Comments 0   By DERRIK J. LANG
AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES — Caite Upton is headed in the right direction on ‘The Amazing Race.’

The former Miss Teen South Carolina, who infamously flubbed a 2007 pageant question involving maps, and her boyfriend, Brent Horne, are among the three remaining teams competing Sunday for the CBS reality series’ $1 million grand prize. The often bickering dating duo experienced a rough start on the around-the-world race but have managed to avoid elimination.

“I think one of the most exciting things is that Brent and Catie are still there in contention, against the odds,” said host Phil Keoghan. “Right from the very beginning, I don’t think the other teams saw them being at the end. Catie has really taken a leadership role and really driven this team. I think she’s really been the dominant factor for their team.”

Upton and Horne are racing against pairs of brothers: Daniel and Jordan Pious, the distinctively different siblings from Barrington, R.I., and Jet and Cord McCoy, the seemingly unstoppable cowboys, from Tupelo, Okla. The McCoys, who came in first place during the last episode, unprecedentedly went from the bottom to top spot on the 16th season’s eighth leg.

“Without a doubt, Jet and Cord have been the cool cucumbers throughout this race,” said Keoghan. “There was only once when they were rattled, in the Seychelles when I had to send them for a map out in the water. Even then, they weren’t really rattled. They went out there and did what they had to do. I think, as cowboys, they’re just used to the pressure.”

After making stops in such countries as Chile, Germany and Malaysia, Keoghan said the final leg will take the teams from Singapore to San Francisco where the racers will have a high-tech encounter at the visual effects company Industrial Light and Magic. They’ll also continue “The Amazing Race” finale tradition of having their memories of the race tested.“The thing about the last leg,” he said, “is we really want to make it as fair as possible for all the teams.”

Keoghan, who was at the finish line when the show was filmed late last year, would not reveal the winner, of course, but he does believe that the show’s fans are rooting for the beloved professional bull riders to win and that the ending isn’t necessarily happy for everyone. Keoghan foreshadowed that Upton and Horne are confronted by another team at the mat.

“This season,” he teased, “we have a very tense finish.”

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/the-amazing-race/amazing-race-host-promises-tense-finish/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline HIIPERS GIRL

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2010, 11:22:42 PM »
georgia, is the virtual task the last task? Jet seemed to have an edge over jordan. And jordan was completely shocked.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
I don't think it is the last task.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline HIIPERS GIRL

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »
Then which would be the last? The coit tower task or the memory task?

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2010, 11:44:55 PM »
Derrik J. Lang needs a fact-checker.