Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!! (summary in posts 1thru 3)  (Read 149037 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!!
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 10:09:20 AM »
Maybe the trunk is a memory task - it kind of looks like an old fashioned travel trunk. It could be full of items representing various locales and tasks, and when they arrive at their destination the memory task begins??   :duno:
  I wonder if this task involves the pioneer trunk factory (also known as c.a. malm&co.) on folsam  street??  It is a Heritage site.... Trying to set up a link but having computer troubles :(

I like that idea caper!!

Here is some info from the Nat Historic registry pages:

Is their site near where we see everyone?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2185--2199+Folsom+and+3180+18th+Sts.,San+Francisco,CA&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Folsom+St+%26+18th+St,+San+Francisco,+California+94110&ll=37.766474,-122.419195&spn=0.014825,0.055103&z=15

lots of tweet sightings in post one ^^^
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:53:07 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 10:29:33 AM »
Oh my gravy!! Did teams CHECK their bags?? Is that an airline tag on the Cowboys bags??

That could kill a lead as weell...
I noticed that the cowboys had tags on their bags during both Shanghai legs - maybe they were practicing to be decoys  :lol:.
You can clearly see them just after they leave the starting pitstop in Ep 11.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »
I think the foreshadowing about not U-Turning one of the strongest teams was the tell as to who wins.

Or more likely wishful thinking on my part.

cinni
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 11:45:23 AM »
Well, it's looks right now at least that Brent and Caite will come third.
Most likely it'll be a toss up between Dan and Jordan and Jet and Cord.

But then again, we don't have a shot of Jet and Cord with the box...

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
Quick question: Do you know which task is the first one? Because it is a route info...

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2010, 12:23:04 PM »
I will keep an eye out for any twitvids CBS post on twitter this week and will post here.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
press release

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »
Whooo...thanks for this!!

But I don't like ths sound of that!

Angry confrontations at the finish line?  :ascared

Cut in line>> could be the last flight? ???
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:33:59 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline pinstripe

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2010, 01:46:48 PM »
It appears that the final day is going to be a grand tour of San Francisco. Based on what we know the teams are all over SF and many of these locations are difficult places, Coit Tower is hell to get to, Nob Hill is perhaps one of the worst in the City to do on foot and I can't help but wonder if one of the teams goes to the wrong Lucas Films Center (at the Presidio, also hard to get to)  and ends up in Marin County instead as it's the far better known of the Lucas centers.

Coming from China they will have to fly into SFO (and not Oakland as they did the last time they went to SF). I'm not sure a million bucks is enough to get me to go to SFO. SFO is not in San Francisco but a good distance south.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2010, 02:25:31 PM »
Thank you pinstripe, beautiful map!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:24:22 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2010, 03:12:09 PM »
...an angry confrontation awaits another at the finish line...

hmmm,  I would put money that Brandy and Carol have their say with Brent and Caite (especially if they don't win)....and then for good measure I can see Joe jumping into the battle, what with all his love for Mike and Louie and the "personal vs strategic use of the U-turn"....just saying!!!   :lol3:

Do the decoy teams see/talk with the remaining teams during pit stops, at airports, etc?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:16:18 PM by slpdx »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2010, 03:29:46 PM »
Not sure if we have this ... from ET

Offline Solarius

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2010, 03:40:53 PM »
I think its safe to assume it comes down to Jet and Cord vs. Dan and Jordan. If the cowboys are at least 30 minutes ahead of Brent and Catie and the brothers are also ahead, that already puts them in last. We also don't see them with any other teams in the promos. I can also see the cowboys cutting in line and upseting Brent and Catie. I have yet to see the brothers loose it with another team outside of confessionals.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
nvm
What does nvm mean? :idgit

NeVer Mind.

I suppose the V is there because "nm" might be confused for something else.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »
Thanks for the time estimates, Chateau!

I really don't want to see Brent & Caite win, and I'm so glad they are about 30 minutes behind the other teams. If they were to win, it would be the worst ending yet.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »
I think its safe to assume it comes down to Jet and Cord vs. Dan and Jordan. If the cowboys are at least 30 minutes ahead of Brent and Catie and the brothers are also ahead, that already puts them in last. We also don't see them with any other teams in the promos. I can also see the cowboys cutting in line and upseting Brent and Catie. I have yet to see the brothers loose it with another team outside of confessionals.

Or maybe Dan & Jordan cut in line, which upsets Jet & Cord (until they catch up) and Brent & Caitie.

Belle Book

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »
 :lol: We already knew this, but The Boyz are at LucasFilms ILM "motion capture and creature integration" studio.  (ping pong ball unitards).

Here's a BBC article (tour) of the Letterman facility at The Presidio.   :snicker:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2010, 09:46:11 PM »
Based on the footage that has already aired Dan & Jordan mention (in more then one episode) that they wouldn't play a game of elbows (pushing teams around/making waves) until the finale leg.

It wouldn't surprise me if they do cut in line, at this point they have nothing to loose.  And its the perfect time to do so. 

BUt of course any team could.

As for asking who won, even if certain persons did know, I would doubt they would spoil it, unless the footage was a dead, dead give away (yeah season 10 I'm talking to you).  I think we have all learned that giving away the big reveal does damage to the show (All Stars).  Breaking down the rest of the episode, though thats were you have fun.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2010, 10:17:43 PM »
:lol: We already knew this, but The Boyz are at LucasFilms ILM "motion capture and creature integration" studio.  (ping pong ball unitards).

Here's a BBC article (tour) of the Letterman facility at The Presidio.   :snicker:

Oh that's wonderful Boingo!! Really a neat thing...I am jealous!! Wouldn't that be fun to do??!!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2010, 07:02:32 AM »
Coit Tower was built in Pioneer Park atop Telegraph Hill in 1933 at the bequest of Lillie Hitchcock Coit to beautify the City of San Francisco; Lillie bequeathed one-third of her estate to the City of San Francisco "to be expended in an appropriate manner for the purpose of adding to the beauty of the city which I have always loved".[1]

Contrary to popular opinion, the tower was not designed to resemble a fire hose nozzle.[2] This belief persists in part because of Lillie Hitchcock Coit's affinity with the San Francisco fire fighters of the day, in particular with Knickerbocker Engine Company Number 5. Although the architects claimed to have no design precedent in mind,[citation needed] during this time Europe saw the construction of aesthetically designed power stations that could be claimed as prototypes (e.g.: Battersea Power Station).

The art deco tower, 210 feet (64 m) of unpainted reinforced concrete, was designed by architects Arthur Brown, Jr. and Henry Howard with murals by 26 different artists and numerous assistants.[citation needed]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!! (summary in posts 1thru 3)
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2010, 10:01:18 PM »
One last missing piece of the Finale puzzle...the PITSTOP!! :hearts:

Thanks to an awesome initial find by Ryan83, and then some more work by Chateau, puddin, Slowhatch (and me  :flirt: )....

we early on localized the Pitstop to somewhere in Hunter's Point in San Fran.

I am delighted to now be able to say that the final PitStop should be located at

Chateau and I spent a good bit of time exploring the rather grotty Hunter's Point on our FIELDTRIP , and at that time ended up feeling like the Stadium would have been one of two likely sites...

Thumbnails: click-click:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2010, 10:31:04 PM »
A great location for a TAR-9 style task, isn't it?  :innocent:

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »
OMG, Peach! you guys are such a gem! can't wait for the finale!
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2010, 10:50:44 PM »
I just have a feeling that the final tasks are going to end up favoring Jet-Cord for the win.  The more information that comes out from the promos and tweets, and the excellent analysis work by the TAR Detectives Team reinforces in my mind that even if they're the last out of the airport, they still will pull out a win in the final leg. And I doubt they'll have any trouble with cabdrivers getting to Candlestick Park, one of the iconic locations in American sports history. (And if there is a memory task of some sort at the finish, I think that will favor Jet-Cord as well.

(For the record my guts says Jordan and Dan for second, Brent and Caite for third.)
-- theschnauzers