Archive > The Amazing Race 16 Spoilers/Speculation

TAR16 - EP 12: "Huger than Huge" FINALE!! (summary in posts 1thru 3)

<< < (60/61) > >>

turtlerun:
I don’t want to start rumor or conspiracy but something doesn’t look right in the last leg of the Amazing Race 16. The problem is in the United flight from Shanghai to San Francisco. There is no way, the brothers can talked a flight attendants to allow them to be in business class (not first class as commented by the winners). I fly United all the time between San Francisco and Shanghai – the plane is the Boeing 777. The first class seats are lay flat 180 degrees version and they were not those in the show. They were clearly in the business class section. I was on the same flight they were on. I am a high level United mileage member and I was on standby for an upgrade from economy to business (which I did not get). The only way United would hold 3 business class seats without putting revenue customers in them is someone buying the business class tickets (3 of them since the camera man also went up to business class section). United never leave the business seats empty when there are revenue customers and upgrade standby customers. The brothers were not an upgrade since the they moved from economy to business right before the landing during final approach into San Francisco. All of the other team members are up when they moved so they did not sneak into business class while they were asleep. The ability to exit the plane first is what gave them the lead and ultimately won the race. So did CBS purchased the business class tickets?

walkingpneumonia:

--- Quote from: turtlerun on May 19, 2010, 05:05:33 AM ---I don’t want to start rumor or conspiracy but something doesn’t look right in the last leg of the Amazing Race 16. The problem is in the United flight from Shanghai to San Francisco. There is no way, the brothers can talked a flight attendants to allow them to be in business class (not first class as commented by the winners). I fly United all the time between San Francisco and Shanghai – the plane is the Boeing 777. The first class seats are lay flat 180 degrees version and they were not those in the show. They were clearly in the business class section. I was on the same flight they were on. I am a high level United mileage member and I was on standby for an upgrade from economy to business (which I did not get). The only way United would hold 3 business class seats without putting revenue customers in them is someone buying the business class tickets (3 of them since the camera man also went up to business class section). United never leave the business seats empty when there are revenue customers and upgrade standby customers. The brothers were not an upgrade since the they moved from economy to business right before the landing during final approach into San Francisco. All of the other team members are up when they moved so they did not sneak into business class while they were asleep. The ability to exit the plane first is what gave them the lead and ultimately won the race. So did CBS purchased the business class tickets?

--- End quote ---
Wow.
At the very least you have a basis for a complaint against United... :meow:
Is it possible the brothers talked 4 people into switching seats from business class to economy for the end of the flight. (4 people - 2 brothers, 1 camera and 1 sound guy - I think they always travel in pairs.)
The seats were at the back of business class - aren't they sometimes reserved for crew on long flights?

georgiapeach:
I was under the impression they moved into the crew seats.....

apskip:

--- Quote from: Caelestor on May 05, 2010, 01:28:02 PM ---Airport -> Coit Tower -> Letterman -> Tonga -> Trunk Place -> Candlestick Park seems to be the likely order. If they throw in a memory task, it should be at Hunter's Point (which is adjacent to Candlestick Park).

Do we know when the flight from Shanghai landed? We could then trace the teams' movement from there.

EDIT: Airport -> Letterman -> Tonga -> Coit Tower -> Trunk Place -> Candlestick Park now seems more likely.

--- End quote ---

Caelestor, UA858 from Shanghai to SFO landed 20 minutes behind schedule on 12/20/09 at 845am. I realize that 2 weeks later this information may not be significant to most and that someone may have already posted it.

georgiapeach:
Ray from TAR 7 just posted this at sucks:

--- Quote ---In season 7 Deana and I worked on a flight attendant for much of the early part of a flight, complimenting her and flirting as well.  We then made up a bogus issue about our tv not working properly and used that in our argument to get moved up to first class.  This was a long transcontinental flight from South America to South Africa.  Although we did not mention the Race or a million dollars, they had to take note when we told them our camera and sound man had to be provided seats as well or we couldnt make that move.  Once the camera crew started filming us enjoying the benefits of traveling in first class, the flight crew realized something of significance was happening.  The co-pilot came out and we struck up a conversation with him - still not telling him why we were traveling with a camera crew.  He agreed to lead us out of the plane first, before ANY passengers, and he walked us down as we opened and read our next clue.  It involved a Fast Forward and he was able to give us directions to get there first.  We won two vehicles on that leg by accomplishing the fast forward (crossing cooling towers) first.  Our negotiations got us great food and comfort on that flight, and an invaluable contact that gave us his cell phone number, and even agreed to meet us in the middle of the next night so we could follow him to our next roadblock.  Finally I called him on the way to the airport from that roadblock, and even had him book our next tickets for us while we were on the road.  I am still in touch with this co-pilot today!  This was an agressive but effective move that paid off hugely for us.  We did it all within the restrictions of our race.  
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version