Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 11 "They Don’t Even Understand Their Own Language" (Shanghai 2)  (Read 64986 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yeah, but I don't exactly know what so good luck about the coin toss... I mean, off topic here, but didn't Joe & Bill won it, and ended up like a LONG way behind the other teams?

That was their fault. Instead of heading for the Pit Stop, the decided to "Sip ice tea in air conditioned splendor."

Yeah. And ****, I wish Nancy & Emily would have just done the detour. I hate the Guidos...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Well, they stole our RB (Fashion) from this ep :lol: and put it into episode 10, so y'all be alert for footage that hints at a new one!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :lol:  Looks like The Boyz have a meltdown on the Pudong side of the river near Lujiazui Park.  :lol3:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:38:14 AM by Boingo »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Oh yay!! My missing place!

I'm thinking the ROUTE MARKER: in Lu Zia Zui Park in Pudong scheduled for episode 10 could turn into our RB for episode 11....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :lol3:  thought for a minute the backdrop for the Shanghai leg 2 pitstop was the historic "Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Co." (HSBC) building next to the Customs House...  :lol:  turns out it's a non-descript "look-a-like" building on the Bund.   :res:  carry on.  
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:49:09 PM by Boingo »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Interesting...another Detour clue at Yu Yuan Gardens. Yet another Season 6 location revisit?

We've had Bogs Gard farm (TAR 15), Kamaka Air (TAR 11), and now Yu Yuan Garden (TAR 16), all being revisited. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Did we know about stamps? :duno:

THE RACE INTENSIFIES AND TEAMS SCRAMBLE TO MAKE THE FINAL 3, ENSURING A SHOT AT THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, MAY 2

"They Don't Even Understand Their Own Language" (Shanghai) - The Final 4 teams struggle with the language barrier in Shanghai while sorting through hundreds of golden Buddhas and thousands of Chinese stamps in their pursuit for a spot in the Final 3, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
No! :jumpy: Maybe that is our missing RB??

Chinese stamps as in stamps or chops?? ???

:<3
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
tvguide scan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Oh thank you puddin!!  :jumpy:

Wow, they don't even care about spoiling the finale city anymore?  :o

:snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
From the episode preview, it looks like Brent & Caite and Dan & Jordan will assume the roles of the Ugly Americans for TAR16.

After seeing the picture of her pulling her eyes back like Miley Cyrus and the Spanish basketball team, I'm not surprised by Caite mocking the way people speak English in Shanghai.

The context in which Dan spazzes out and throws a temper tantrum should be interesting.

From the preview, it looks like the taxi that they're following is already running a red light.  I guess that their driver doesn't want to risk running a red light, which makes Dan throw a tantrum, tell Jordan that they're getting out of their taxi, and talk about committing physical violence. 

I'm interested to see in what context the "stupid" comment is made.  The tantrum itself looks ugly enough, however, if it's not that bad but Dan & Jordan start hurling insults at locals, even taxi drivers, then they will definitely be in my short list of Ugliest American teams in TAR history.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I was wondering WHY it was so important to follow that taxi? If it just a matter of keeping up with another team, that might be an over reaction. But suppose it was something like TAR 2's "follow that plane" ?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
I don't have access to episode 10 right now.  Did Dan & Jordan tell their taxi driver to follow Louie & Michael's taxi after the fashion task? 

Following other teams could just be what they do.

I wouldn't expect a non-Mandarin speaking team to be able to remember where to go in Shanghai if they ended up pulling a Tara & Wil.  I think they would be DOA if that happened.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
I was wondering WHY it was so important to follow that taxi? If it just a matter of keeping up with another team, that might be an over reaction. But suppose it was something like TAR 2's "follow that plane" ?? ???

Okay, I've been dead wrong for quite a long time, so I'm pretty careful with what I say here. Maybe we're taking it totally out of context. I'm thinking that Dan is totally stressed as a result of doing a task, which has put them again at the back of the pack, and as a result, he acts out the stress on the taxi driver??

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Just keep in mind the penchant for editing misdirection in the previews.
-- theschnauzers

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
i just want to ask that how did phil and the greeter appeared to be stepping into the boat during the pitstop spoiler while the picture shows them standing in the bayside above?

thx.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
tvguide scan

The last sentence is a major give away.  :lol:

Offline nathyn

• RFF Not So Newbie
I think Brent says the title.

My guess is that someone is speaking Mandarin or Cantonese and the listener speaks the other language.  Shanghi is primarily a Cantonese city as opposed to Beijing which speaks mostly Mandarin.  Although most people tend to be able to speak and understand both to some degree, there are still a large number of residents who only speak one or the the other.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Today's new promo:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We see Caite with the Golden Buddhas, but I thought that was the Speed Bump?

:duno:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Motorcycles!  :hearts:

What are the binoculars for again?

Finally, is it possible that the counting Buddhas task is actually a roadblock?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:32:45 PM by Caelestor »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We only see Michael with the binoculars, so maybe that's part of the Speed Bump.

Or maybe he's just looking for Phil. :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Leg 1's order originally included

Noodles RB>>

Travel by taxi to "Escalade Build" at PuDong (changed from Da Ning Park)

Then travel by motorcycle sidecar (changed to subway} to Stadium.

We saw none of that in leg 1, so my guess is that this has been transposed to a leg 2 task, perhaps the RB??

If you'll take a look at post #2 in this thread it is all there.

And no, Golden Buddhas is supposed to be a Route Marker, "Coin Toss" is the SpeedBump, again...take a look at the summary in post #2.

I will work on the screen caps as soon as I can, just got home, thanks for the video chills!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks for the new promo, chill_sd.

It looks like Dan & Jordan are going to freak out more than the first preview indicated.

I wonder why Dan ends up almost wrapping himself around the taxi driver's shield.  I can't believe that he would actually try to hit him. 

It looks very interesting.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule: