Author Topic: TAR 16 - EP 10 "I Feel Like I’m in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai 1)  (Read 95314 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: TAR 16 - EP 10 "I Feel Like I’m in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai 1)
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2010, 02:36:35 AM »
Just putting it in nice, friendly and visible letters :lol:

So yes, there are two RB's in the first Shanghai leg...

:lol3:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2010, 03:45:59 AM »

The Amazing Race 16 - Episode Preview

CBS — April 13, 2010 — Be sure to catch the next episode of The Amazing Race, only on CBS!

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2010, 06:10:25 AM »
Serendipity...the next two legs are some of the most spoiled we have ever had, thanks to the help of someone who was directly on site. If you read through the spoiler threads, you will find a step by step description of each of the two legs. We also have TWO sources who were on site for the elim in the second leg, so we have lovely photos of that as well.

I'll try to bring stuff over this week, but my schedule is tight, and it is all in the threads if y'all will just read it. Woden has a very nice summary in post 1 of the Timeline thread.

Thanks peach for the clarification.

I made the last post because I just saw some messages above saying that maybe the 2 roadblocks will be for 2 legs and there's a TBC etc., and I actually don't see the mention of 2 roadblocks in your first post (except CBS press release) of this thread (you just mention noodle making as the roadblock), that's why I did my last post.

I am disappointed with the attitude of some people here though, it just happened that the info you know is not posted in this thread that's why I did not know the step by step description, I can read and you don't need to highlight and bold the sentence for me, that's kind of mean.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2010, 06:20:23 AM »
Serendipity,

They actually are posted in this thread because I reposted them over my and they are quoted below From Page 2 2nd reply from the top And there always is a summary on the first post of these kinds of threads.

Taking this from the timeline thread. Just wondering. Since they skipped a Roadblock in Leg 5 (WWI-France) is it possible that there is the first "double roadblock"?

hehe...its okay. im so glad to share what i experienced with u guys.
yes, all the 4 teams were in the same flight and they arrived Shanghai on 18 Dec., bt i cannot remember the flight no.. all i can remember is they flew from singapore and arrived here at 5:50am, bt it delayed a little bit.
18th Dec. Shanghai Pudong International Airport---Zhu Jia Jiao(Road Block: making noodles)---Lu Jia Zui Park(Route Marker)---Shanghai Hongkou Stadium(Road Block: Cards, actually its a big puzzling game, the whole picture is a dragon)---Shanghai Science and Technology Museum
19th Dec. Shanghai Science and Technology Museum---Long Hua Temple(Route Marker&Speed Bump: counting the golden buddhas)---Tian Zi Fang(Road Block:High Fashion. dunno what it is)---Bridge of the Nine Turns at Yu Garden(Detour:Pork Chops or Dumplings)---Riverside Promenade
Yes, the detectives were the last team to arrive. They came to the pit stop around 6pm.
The arriving order of the first leg is cowboys, dating modles, brothers and detectives. The same as the second pitstop
One of the detectives, Michael, has trouble with color, so when finishing the task of puzzling, they took a lot of time. but they are very nice guys, especially for Louie. He is very talktive.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2010, 06:24:09 AM »
Serendipity...the next two legs are some of the most spoiled we have ever had, thanks to the help of someone who was directly on site. If you read through the spoiler threads, you will find a step by step description of each of the two legs. We also have TWO sources who were on site for the elim in the second leg, so we have lovely photos of that as well.

I'll try to bring stuff over this week, but my schedule is tight, and it is all in the threads if y'all will just read it. Woden has a very nice summary in post 1 of the Timeline thread.

Thanks peach for the clarification.

I made the last post because I just saw some messages above saying that maybe the 2 roadblocks will be for 2 legs and there's a TBC etc., and I actually don't see the mention of 2 roadblocks in your first post (except CBS press release) of this thread (you just mention noodle making as the roadblock), that's why I did my last post.

I am disappointed with the attitude of some people here though, it just happened that the info you know is not posted in this thread that's why I did not know the step by step description, I can read and you don't need to highlight and bold the sentence for me, that's kind of mean.

serendipity....

The following was posted on Page 2 of this thread. It is what I was referring to in my post above. I didnt have time when I posted to find the reference. That is why I suggested that you read upthread.

Taking this from the timeline thread. Just wondering. Since they skipped a Roadblock in Leg 5 (WWI-France) is it possible that there is the first "double roadblock"?

hehe...its okay. im so glad to share what i experienced with u guys.
yes, all the 4 teams were in the same flight and they arrived Shanghai on 18 Dec., bt i cannot remember the flight no.. all i can remember is they flew from singapore and arrived here at 5:50am, bt it delayed a little bit.
18th Dec. Shanghai Pudong International Airport---Zhu Jia Jiao(Road Block: making noodles)---Lu Jia Zui Park(Route Marker)---Shanghai Hongkou Stadium(Road Block: Cards, actually its a big puzzling game, the whole picture is a dragon)---Shanghai Science and Technology Museum
19th Dec. Shanghai Science and Technology Museum---Long Hua Temple(Route Marker&Speed Bump: counting the golden buddhas)---Tian Zi Fang(Road Block:High Fashion. dunno what it is)---Bridge of the Nine Turns at Yu Garden(Detour:Pork Chops or Dumplings)---Riverside Promenade
Yes, the detectives were the last team to arrive. They came to the pit stop around 6pm.
The arriving order of the first leg is cowboys, dating modles, brothers and detectives. The same as the second pitstop
One of the detectives, Michael, has trouble with color, so when finishing the task of puzzling, they took a lot of time. but they are very nice guys, especially for Louie. He is very talktive.

Looks like jerseydude and I were posting at the same time.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2010, 07:36:15 AM »
It is okay serendipity! I haven't even had time to read back through all the other threads myself yet, much as I want to!! Hopefully we'll get all of that pulled over before the episode, there is great stuff there.

And the bolding was a joke for me, it wasn't for you. :kuss:

For those of you who don't know, serendipity is not a newbie here, he has been an enormous help in previous Asian legs...he brought us lots of Hong Kong spoilers during AllStars and has been a big help during some of the other legs in Taiwan and Beijing, so I am very glad to see him back!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2010, 10:48:09 AM »
Thanks Peach! It's fine, maybe I was a bit over-reacted. It's just because I was reading the first post and others are referring the post from timeline thread, as the first post said the puzzle task is detour which made me misunderstand.

So the puzzle task in fact is a roadblock next leg, but the high fashion in Tian Zi Fang is a task in the penultimate leg? I am a bit confused because we saw promos for that task, the next episode is not a 2-hour one right?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2010, 03:39:39 PM »
The next leg is the next episode and as CBS has already announced, there are two roadblocks on the same leg in this next one-hour episode. It's a first for TAR, so one needs to set aside the assumption that there's never more than one roadblock on a regular leg. This leg is different.
That's what messing up some people's understanding about this next leg and episode.
Yes, I know change can be hard to comprehend, but let's just go with the flow and see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:25:54 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
I'm guessing, unless the preview is mixed up, that the clothing task where we see Jordan, Mike and Louie is not the same as the "High Fashion" roadblock that Claire mentioned as part of Shanghai 2.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2010, 12:21:06 AM »

CBS — April 17, 2010 — After noodling their way through their first Roadblock, Teams are forced to complete a second Roadblock, and the fate of two Teams lies in the hands of confused cabbies on the next episode of The Amazing Race.

The Amazing Race - I Feel Like I'm in, Like, Sicily

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »
nvm...working now!!

Thanks so much sailing though,  I'll play screencaps tonight after work!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:54:33 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2010, 12:50:22 AM »
Okay...found this for now...someone post the YouTube URL please when it comes up?

Isn't it fun to see all our spoilers coming to life?? :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2010, 12:51:50 AM »
heee...love how CBS doesn't even try to not tell the last location.

AND we have the smallest man in the world on leg 2 and the tallest on leg two??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2010, 01:33:30 AM »
the smallest man in china or the world is he ping ping, he passed away on 13th march this year, could he be the guy
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2010, 01:49:06 AM »
Yes, I heard that...it could well be?

So sad...

Guys, I have to work all day...will get the caps up asap as there is good location stuff in there, but it may be tonight after 9...

But sooner if I can.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2010, 08:17:07 AM »
Hey peach, if u can, can u please post a video from [banned image hosting site] also.  :please:

Sorry, I can view the promo so it would be so great and much appreciated if u did! :D
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »
You can't see YouTube?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2010, 02:57:33 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »
Yup, it is Ping Ping.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »
Press:
WHEN TEAMS FACE TWO ROADBLOCKS IN A SINGLE LEG FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, TWO TEAMS DISCOVER JUST HOW COSTLY CAB RIDES CAN BE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 25
"I Feel Like I'm in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai)  - After noodling their way through their first Roadblock, Teams are forced to complete a second Roadblock, and the fate of two Teams lies in the hands of confused cabbies, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host

I think I have been to all of the places during the Shanghai leg.  :jumpy: If I remember a conversation i had with Mike/Louis on the plane back to US. They left something in the cab and had to call to retrieve it.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2010, 05:27:58 PM »
 :lol:  too easy... Hong Yi Plaza

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2010, 12:35:40 AM »
Press:
WHEN TEAMS FACE TWO ROADBLOCKS IN A SINGLE LEG FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, TWO TEAMS DISCOVER JUST HOW COSTLY CAB RIDES CAN BE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 25
"I Feel Like I'm in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai)  - After noodling their way through their first Roadblock, Teams are forced to complete a second Roadblock, and the fate of two Teams lies in the hands of confused cabbies, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host

I think I have been to all of the places during the Shanghai leg.  :jumpy: If I remember a conversation i had with Mike/Louis on the plane back to US. They left something in the cab and had to call to retrieve it.

HIS PASSPORT!!!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2010, 12:41:56 AM »
So Jet & Cord first, Brent & Caite second, Dan & Jordan third and Louie & Mike fourth.... but did anybody post the leg online yet?

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2010, 01:50:57 AM »
Hey thanks Peach!  :tup:

By the way, what do they have to do in the fashion store? Because Louie/Mike looked like they were nearly dying in there!
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]