Author Topic: TAR 16 - EP 10 "I Feel Like I知 in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai 1)  (Read 95329 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 16 - EP 10 "I Feel Like I知 in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai 1)
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 09:11:25 AM »
I'll put my chips on Caite as well. A couple of possibilities:
  • The noodles/pasta task reminds her of Italy
  • She sees the canals of Zhu Jia Jiao and confuses Venice with Sicily  :lol:

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It痴 Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 09:20:10 AM »
Taking this from the timeline thread. Just wondering. Since they skipped a Roadblock in Leg 5 (WWI-France) is it possible that there is the first "double roadblock"?

hehe...its okay. im so glad to share what i experienced with u guys.
yes, all the 4 teams were in the same flight and they arrived Shanghai on 18 Dec., bt i cannot remember the flight no.. all i can remember is they flew from singapore and arrived here at 5:50am, bt it delayed a little bit.
18th Dec. Shanghai Pudong International Airport---Zhu Jia Jiao(Road Block: making noodles)---Lu Jia Zui Park(Route Marker)---Shanghai Hongkou Stadium(Road Block: Cards, actually its a big puzzling game, the whole picture is a dragon)---Shanghai Science and Technology Museum
19th Dec. Shanghai Science and Technology Museum---Long Hua Temple(Route Marker&Speed Bump: counting the golden buddhas)---Tian Zi Fang(Road Block:High Fashion. dunno what it is)---Bridge of the Nine Turns at Yu Garden(Detour:Pork Chops or Dumplings)---Riverside Promenade
Yes, the detectives were the last team to arrive. They came to the pit stop around 6pm.
The arriving order of the first leg is cowboys, dating modles, brothers and detectives. The same as the second pitstop
One of the detectives, Michael, has trouble with color, so when finishing the task of puzzling, they took a lot of time. but they are very nice guys, especially for Louie. He is very talktive.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »
Maybe it's just a typo, and the clothes room is the other half of a Detour.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »
That quote ^^ appears to be mixing both legs.  The Speed Bump will be in the second leg.  And the dragon puzzle appears to be part of the Detour.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
I hate to say this but please stop going to China. I think India is far more exciting. :lol:

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 10:55:55 AM »
That quote ^^ appears to be mixing both legs.  The Speed Bump will be in the second leg.  And the dragon puzzle appears to be part of the Detour.

Yea the 18th is Leg 1 and the 19th is leg 2.

DavidJunior

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 02:44:40 PM »
from what we do know:

noodles are this leg (possible RB since we only see Jordan doing it).
clothes store (high fashion?) is this leg as well (Detour choice)
Dragon puzzle (possible RB as well. we only see Cord, Michael, and Brent doing it)

so the question is: which one is the RB, and which one is the other side of the detour?

or are there actually 2 RBs this leg, like our informant stated?

i lean towards the dragon puzzle being the RB myself. otherwise Louie would've been able to assist Mike in completing it.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 03:34:11 PM »
At the noodles, only Jordan has the chef's outfit on.  And it looks like Louie also has flour on his hands at the clothes store, but Michael doesn't (though it's hard to tell).

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 03:52:20 PM »
As of leg 9, Brent has completed 5 roadblocks. I'm not so sure He'd be doing a roadblock on leg 10, unless they've decided to risk Caite having to do all remaining roadblocks for the last two legs.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »
WHEN TEAMS FACE TWO ROADBLOCKS IN A SINGLE LEG FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, TWO TEAMS DISCOVER JUST HOW COSTLY CAB RIDES CAN BE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 25
"I Feel Like I'm in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai)  - After noodling their way through their first Roadblock, Teams are forced to complete a second Roadblock, and the fate of two Teams lies in the hands of confused cabbies, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host

Does this help?  BTW..Is this a NEL episode???
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 04:29:21 PM by DianeC »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 04:30:39 PM »
WHEN TEAMS FACE TWO ROADBLOCKS IN A SINGLE LEG FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, TWO TEAMS DISCOVER JUST HOW COSTLY CAB RIDES CAN BE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, APRIL 25
"I Feel Like I'm in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai)  - After noodling their way through their first Roadblock, Teams are forced to complete a second Roadblock, and the fate of two Teams lies in the hands of confused cabbies, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host

Oh my...I cannot seriously believe that the double Roadblock theory was right! :ascared

And this is why I said it's important never to assume. :lol3:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2010, 04:34:21 PM »
So it looks like this is why Leg 5 only had a Detour. It's probably just a budget thing. It appears to save costs by having fewer total tasks in the race while still maintaining the 6-6 RB count.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »
I'm with you, Hooky.  I can't believe there are really 2 Roadblocks.  So, is there still a Detour, or is the clothing store just a general task?

We seriously need a new, longer promo.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 16 - EP 10 "I Feel Like I’m in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai 1)
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 07:18:03 PM »
Wow, that is great! We questioned poor Claire to death about why there were two RB's listed!! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »
What is going to be interesting is what Brent and Caite do. Brent has already done five roadblocks.
-- theschnauzers

Offline D蚣ooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2010, 09:52:39 PM »
This has been a very crazy season both team and task-wise xD
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2010, 10:14:20 PM »
I just realized, with the episode still 13 days away, we might not see as many previews this week.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2010, 10:59:04 PM »

Leg 10 has TWO roadblocks........making noodles and making that dragon puzzle on DEC 18th.

Leg 10 11 has a speedbump (counting the golden buddhas), a detour (pork chops or dumplings) and one roadblock (fashion)...on Dec 19th according to the local insider.

Racers CANNOT have flour on their hands at the fashion RB from doing the noodles RB. They are on different days.......so the flour on the hands must come from doing the fashion RB AFTER the detour which is either pork chops or dumplings on the second Shanghai leg, Leg 11.

I think that CBS is mixing up events from both legs in the preview. There is the  possibility that the local insider lied to us......but seems doubtful to me now.

Roadblock counts are Jet/Cord 4/4, Brent/Caitie 5/3, Louie/Michael 4/4, and Dan/Jordan 4/3.

Edited to correct a typo. Thanks uycocoa.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 02:35:55 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 12:04:36 AM »
"I Feel Like I'm in, Like, Sicily" (Shanghai)  - After noodling their way through their first Roadblock, Teams are forced to complete a second Roadblock, and the fate of two Teams lies in the hands of confused cabbies, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host

YES. Thank you. I'm coming out of my self-imposed posting exile from RFF on weekdays to agree with this. If TAR wants to save money, reducing the number of detours is a good option (especially if there's only one person last leg). That said, I still think there should be at least one roadblock each leg. Perhaps a 7-7 split next season? (It could allow for the introduction of a U-turn like device that forces the other team member to complete the roadblock.)

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2010, 12:33:37 AM »
I don't think the extra RB is needed because there was no detour in Leg 1. So that more or less compensates.
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 01:08:13 AM »
Leg 10 has a speedbump (counting the golden budhas), a detour (pork chops or dumplings) and one roadblock (fashion)...

??? Maybe you mean Leg 11 instead of Leg 10? ???
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2010, 01:10:07 AM »
I hate to say this but please stop going to China. I think India is far more exciting. :lol:

I wish to stop going to both countries. Seriously, visited the unvisited or rarely visited ones (I loved Seychelles. The islands are beautiful!) I want them to go back to Australia for some reason. Haven't been there in a long time.
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2010, 01:47:07 AM »

I wish to stop going to both countries. Seriously, visited the unvisited or rarely visited ones (I loved Seychelles. The islands are beautiful!) I want them to go back to Australia for some reason. Haven't been there in a long time.

I want them to stop going to Beijing and Shanghai. China is such a big country but only 4 cities have been visited (Gulin, Shanghai, Beijing, Xian)

DavidJunior

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2010, 02:47:52 AM »
I don't mind Shanghai that much for this season.  It's only been used one other time (TAR 6).

But now that it's been used, NO MORE!

same with Beijing! 4 stinking legs! visited on 3 different occasions! really? come on people...

I hate it when they constantly use the same city/area many times over and over again, especially over a short period of time.

Maybe India and China would be a bit more tolerable if they went to NEW places in each.  Trust me, they're there.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 03:01:24 AM »

I want them to stop going to Beijing and Shanghai. China is such a big country but only 4 cities have been visited (Gulin, Shanghai, Beijing, Xian)

Hong Kong and Macau don't count?

What irks me is that while China feels overused, it really isn't. Lots of big cities and cultures to visit. In my opinion, it's okay to revisit a city after about 10 installments has elapsed. That's why Beijing in TAR 10 felt refreshing, but TAR 14's visit just dragged. In addition, part of the reason why some countries/cities feel overused is that TAR now spends the second and third to last legs in one place. For instance, revisiting Shanghai in Leg 10 would have been nice to see. But why spend Leg 11 there? Just been there, seen there, done that. It's also egregious that TAR didn't decide to visit Hanzhou, Huzhou, or Nanjing, interesting cities which are only an hour away.

Same goes for India (though TAR was usually good to find some place new until TAR 12) and Thailand.

OTOH, TAR has been good at revisiting some countries, while managing to create distinct legs that focus on different aspects of the nation's culture. The best example is definitely France, which has hosted 7 legs to date. However, Paris has only been visited twice, while the other legs took place in other areas and were unique in their own ways.  Other good examples are Italy, Australia, and Brazil.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:13:37 AM by Caelestor »