Author Topic: EP7: East Coast live show updates and commentary *please read the rules*  (Read 48410 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP7: East Coast live show updates and commentary *please read the rules*
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2010, 08:30:10 PM »
Next week: Cowboy chin power!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »
Probably my favorite  of seasons 12-15 as far as tasks and route.  But my god what overall stupid racers.  Not just one team, not just a couple random errors.  But half way through we have had more errors and stupid mistakes I think then in any full season.
You can combine the mistakes in this season and probably have them equal the total mistakes for the first 15 seasons.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »
NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Phil: In Malaysia, Jet/Cord's fate hangs in the balance (balancing a flag on the mouth, and running with it across a field) as they struggle to get back in the Race.
Oops!  Taxi trouble for the Cowboys ...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2010, 08:33:32 PM »
Thank you mswood!! :dancer:

I loved this episode, lots of position changes but oh my gosh, has there EVER been a season with so many CARELESS mistakes?? Sheesh. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2010, 08:36:02 PM »

I loved this episode, lots of position changes but oh my gosh, has there EVER been a season with so many CARELESS mistakes?? Sheesh. :groan:
On the plus side, Steve & Allie got a lot more camera love than on the other episodes :lol:
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2010, 08:38:05 PM »

On the plus side, Steve & Allie got a lot more camera love than on the other episodes :lol:

Considering they had to basically screw themselves over, I would not call this a good thing.  :groan:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2010, 08:40:11 PM »

Considering they had to basically screw themselves over, I would not call this a good thing.  :groan:
I don't think not having their backpacks will hinder them much. Sure, they'll have to wear dirty clothes, but at least they got all the 7-Up they could drink
The story so far:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »
I must admit though, the prizes are incredible this season. Good ratings equals more product placement equals more confidence equals more ad revenue equals more budget equals more quality. so I'm not complaining.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2010, 09:12:04 PM »
Bet the other ladies will share...IF they hear. In these days of NO ESM, who knows??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2010, 01:34:35 AM »
Do you think if Steve and Allie had gone back to get thier backpacks they would have been the last team to arrive? I also wonder after they learned it was an NEL if they wished they had?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2010, 07:21:53 AM »
Clean underwear might be a problem....

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2010, 07:49:07 AM »
At the end of the episode, before the preview for next week, I thought I saw a frame or two of Steve & Allie enjoying their victory dinner on the beach.  And they were clothed.  Maybe the vidcappers can help us out.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2010, 08:27:59 AM »
OMG. THIS. HAS. GOT. TO. BE. THE. BEST. EPISODE. OF. THE AMAZING. RACE. I'VE. WATCHED. THE. ENTIRE. SEASON.

THEY NEED TO SEND THIS EPISODE FOR EMMYS!!!

I'M SERIOUS. I'M IN AWE. I'M IN SHOCK. I LOVE THIS EPISODE.

WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT THIS EPISODE IS THAT YOU GET TO GO ON A HELICOPTER RIDE WITH THE TEAMS, HAVE INTERESTING DETOUR OPTIONS AND A BEAUTIFUL ROADBLOCK CHOICE! ACCOMPANIED BY A CLUE MAP TO THE PITSTOP WHICH IS REALLY INTERESTING!!

Although Steve and Allie lost their bags.. and i think that should they go all the way back to retrieve their bags.. they will still come in a pretty good 2nd placing behind Dan and Jordan.

This episode is great. First you have Brent and Caite in first, then you have Steve and Allie completing Detour in first, then they forget their bags and you don't know if they will fall behind.. then they move on..you don't know if they're going to get a penalty... Dan and Jordan doing well.. Brent and Caite return behind Michael and Louie.. then overtake them.. then Carol/Brandy are in last... Cowboys forgot a coconut... return.. Carol and Brandy in fifth.. lesbians lost a coconut too.. in last.. cowboys fifth... Brent/Caite and Michael/Louie check-in together... cowboys reached RB... Brandy/Carol barely behind.. cowboys reached pitstop... return to get their bottle.. see lesbians.. lesbians run... cowboys run... lesbians in fifth and cowboys in last and a NEL!!

Omg, that has got to be th most unexpecting episode i've watched in my entire life. :lol:

Carol and Brandy, Michael and Louie, Jet and Cord for not getting front seats = 3 mistakes
Brent and Caite, Jet and Cord, Carol and Brandy for missing out coconuts = 3 mistakes
Carol and Brandy for choosing to switch detour was sort of a mistake.
Steve and Allie leaving behind their backpack was a mistake.
Jet and Cord leaving behind their bottle was a mistake...

You have about 9 mistakes (and maybe more) this leg... that has to be a record breaking episode!! :lol3:

LOVE THE ISLAND.

Although i like the cowboys and are rooting for them... i was kinda hoping that they'll land in last because that will kinda show to everyone the fact that they are not necessarily the strongest team on the race.

Carol and Brandy are just ewww.

Brent and Caite are getting on my nerves...

Jordan and Dan are growing on me... no idea why but they're fun to watch for the past 2 to 3 episodes!! Very smart team as well!!

Michael and Louie... who cares??

OMG ASIA NEXT AND MALAYSIA!!!!!!!!!! ONE MORE EPISODE TO SINGAPORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :colors :colors :colors

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2010, 11:34:23 AM »
If we were doing your game, we all would have died in the water this leg!! Can you imagine the uproar?? :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »
Argh forced debunching  (:;)
Huh! I call it forced bunching. It is in fact classic bunching.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2010, 04:12:33 PM »
S/A debating getting a clue. Steve is actually thinking of not going back! Did he watch TAR 14 or not?!

Brent threatens to quit. Good job.

Caelestor,
I think you meant "Brent is actually thinking of not going back!" Steve never wavered on going back; he was going to live without his clothes and force Allie to do the same to get first place. as it turned out, that was a good decision, as you can buy a lot of clothes for $14,000 and all the 7UP you can drink.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »
apskip,

Sorry if I made errors. First and probably only time I'm blogging.

TAR 16 is shaping up to be the opposite of TAR 14: incompetent teams but great route, scenery, and tasks. Most importantly, TAR 16 keeps getting better with each episode.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2010, 04:45:58 PM »
I agree with Joab. This was my favorite episode so far. Very little for me to complain about. :lol3:

I liked that we got to see things get mixed up. Steve & Allie in first?! It just goes to show that losing bags doesn't have to put you behind if you are willing to sacrifice them. But if I were them I still would have gone back to get them. It wouldn't have taken too long, actually. Jet & Cord still would have been last.

Beautiful islands! I want to visit them some day. :colors

The editing was pretty smooth this episode, and I think the laid back pace of the islands contributed to that. It would have been shocking if this leg had been a non-elim, but thank goodness Jet & Cord are still alive! Their facial expressions at the mat were hilarious!

I'm glad Brent & Caite weren't last. It makes it easier to watch them. :lol:

Louie & Michael: "We don't like them. They don't bring positive energy." I don't like Carol & Brandy much either, but let's remember that you guys brought your own negative energy with the spiteful U-turn. I won't rant about this again. :lol:

Dan & Jordan are growing on me, too. They now seem to be the smartest team on the race. Of course, by the standard of previous races their intelligence level is really pretty average.

Loved the tasks as well. Animals are a great way to create intriguing tasks. The diving to get a puzzle Roadblock was kind of uninteresting, but the drama of Jet & Cord not doing it properly helped make up for that. I don't think they really needed the map to find the Pit Stop, though. Maybe they should have dived into the water to see some of the wildlife instead.

But yeah. Great episode, best of the season for me. :wohoo:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2010, 07:26:08 PM »
nvm
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:30:38 PM by Boingo »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »
Can I just state how incredible stupid it was to get rid of almost all your possessions.

Idiotic.
You can.

Didn't Dandrew do this? And we all know what happened  :groan:
Yup. Ended up with borrowed clothes.

Huh? Dandrew got a Speed Bump enforced in AR13 ep. 10 (Moscow 1), not a non-elimination with confiscation of all clothes and money. That SpeedBump was at Sokol'niki Park with the folk dance company.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2010, 09:02:59 PM »
Can I just state how incredible stupid it was to get rid of almost all your possessions.

Idiotic.
You can.

Didn't Dandrew do this? And we all know what happened  :groan:
Yup. Ended up with borrowed clothes.

Huh? Dandrew got a Speed Bump enforced in AR13 ep. 10 (Moscow 1), not a non-elimination with confiscation of all clothes and money. That SpeedBump was at Sokol'niki Park with the folk dance company.

We're talking about them leaving their shoes in Kazakhstan. Didn't they blow their race money to buy new ones at the airport?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2010, 09:11:08 PM »
New $300 sneakers at the Almaty Airport does not qualify as "ended up with borrowed clothes."

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2010, 01:09:50 AM »
I have to agree that this has been one of the best episodes in the season

I didn't even know that the Seychelles were that pretty

Good tasks this time, better that some in the previous episodes. This is so far the best leg yet :wohoo:
I know it's a part of the race, I know they're only human but somehow, the teams are getting more stupid and forgetful (no intention to offend) every season and they are committing more and more mistakes every season! :groan: like those coconuts, Steve and Allie losing thier bags and the Cowboys going to the pitstop without thier clue!

So far on the teams

Steve and Allie: Starting to become one of my faves but I thought they would have a penalty for losing thier bags, I think they got thier bags after checking in, I guess :duno: and they're getting more attention than in the previuos legs

Dan and Jordan: They, in a way are also becoming one of my faves also, They did well in this leg

Brent and Caite: With what happened to them I expected them not to be in the top 3 but not really one of my faves and so far meh...

Louie and Michael: I have no comment

Carol and Brandy: I think they're my least favorite in the race so far :meow:

Jet and Cord being last place means that they are not the best team but they are my most favorites, good thing it was an NEL Hopefully they catch up in the next leg :yess:

Overall great episode! hopefully this season wont end up in my least favorite seasons