Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 9: "Dumb did us in" (Singapore)  (Read 111606 times)

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
Re: TAR16 - EP 9: "Dumb did us in" (Singapore)
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »
And Michael wouldn't make sense for the title because:
1. Once you've used the U-turn, you can't use it again. Why would Michael/Louis be angry that someone beat them to a U-turn they can't use?
2. Michael and Louis WANTED to U-turn Carol and Brandy, thus it doesn't make sense for them to say the title.

kwando131:
You are correct that once a regular U-turn is used a team cannot use another REGULAR U-turn. however, you have forgotten from AR14 that a Blind U-turn lets a team still use a regular U-turn. Margie/Luke would have done so if they had beaten Victor/Tammy to the U-Turn. so Michael was entirely justified in being miffed.

but the promo days that "Guess what Brent and Caite do to Carol and Brandy"

We could use the regular U-Turn because we still have our team picture so we still could U-Turn a team if we beat Tammy & Victor to it.

But, a BIG question is.... does Michael & Louie know that they are allowed to use the regular U-Turn? 

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2010, 11:20:44 PM »
Yeah a Phil never (in this season of Luke's) mentioned a limit on once a team uses the U-Turn they can't use it again.  We have see for example that they have modified the rules for certain things.  Such as teams being allowed the Fast FOrward twice in a season if they did the first (or 2nd) teamed with another team.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2010, 11:58:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to use the U-turn again even if it is a blind one...

Luke (TAR14) has confirmed that you can.  The key is that in order to use the U-Turn a team has to place their "Courtesy Of" picture on the sign.  Once you've done that you can't do it again.  But for the Blind U-Turn, you don't put your own picture up, so you still have it to use on a regular U-Turn if you want.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2010, 12:00:32 AM »
I just opened a wikipedia page of The Amazing Race 16, and I was surprised when wikipedia, which I think is not accidentally update the team's position on the leg 9, I think wikipedia's can be updated by anyone, but I believe also that what they write is true, and they already know your position on leg 9 tomorrow.

unfortunately I do not understand how to insert screenshoot these pages, one is willing to tell me?

Here's the position!
Dan and Jordan: Finished first on this leg, by Fast Forward!
Jet and Cord: Finished second on this leg
Brent and Caite: Finished third on this leg
Louie and Michael: Finished fourth on this leg
Carol and Brandy: ELIMINATED! (U-turned by Brent and Caite!)

Dumb did us in
, Michael for the title!

Let us see next Sunday! :)

Oh my gosh! I saw that too.

For the title thing, maybe it's because it was Brent and Caite and not Louie/Mike who U-Turned Carol/Brandy. Needless to say they beat them to the opportunity, hence the title.

Sidenote: I wonder who did that.

Well, we'll never know exactly who, but I searched the IP address. The country? Poland. The city? Warsaw. :lol3:

Probably just someone reading the spoilers and speculating. I wouldn't worry about it.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2010, 12:14:49 AM »
Ahh... OK, thanks Luke!  :lol:

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2010, 01:41:12 AM »
i think so that the detectives said the qoutation title dumb(brent and caite) really made them in because of the UTURN :lol:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »
i am thinking carol and brandy, but i guess brandy says the quote, and carol ended by saying, wait, are you kidding me :lol3:
i think so that the detectives said the qoutation title dumb(brent and caite) really made them in because of the UTURN :lol:
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2010, 01:46:08 AM »
is true that theirs no TAR on monday after this next episode????

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2010, 01:49:43 AM »
i didn't want the lesbian out... they should be really pissed..

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2010, 02:25:38 AM »
after the singapore leg, TAR will be taking a 1 week break, so it will return on the 25th of April
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2010, 02:27:38 AM »
after the singapore leg, TAR will be taking a 1 week break, so it will return on the 25th of April

oHHHHHHHH craZy

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2010, 03:08:18 AM »

Yeah it's because of the Academy of Country Music Awards! Sheesh if u check the CBS schedule, I'd rather TAR take the timeslot of 60 minutes.  :neener:
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »
I hate 60 minutes. Wrapped up in a nutshell, it's a bunch of news stories that are too lame to be covered on the regular news, and Andy Rooney covering some junk that is really boring, repetitive and is about price saving.

Example: "I went to the Super Bowl and it cost me $500, $20 more than the years before. etc..." (Well, he didn't say that exactly, it's along the gist of it.)

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2010, 12:11:35 PM »
And, it doesn't make sense for them to say the quote as I said earlier: Why would the detectives, who want to U-turn Carol and Brandy anyways, get angry at Brent and Caite for U-turning Carol and Brandy. (It just doesn't make sense!)

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2010, 02:39:20 PM »
I wonder if Allan Wu will make an appearance in the next episode, since it's in his backyard!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2010, 07:14:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to use the U-turn again even if it is a blind one...

yes, you are kwando. Luke confirmed that for us some time ago.

oops, responded before I read the whole thread... :-[ 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:20:36 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2010, 10:14:28 PM »
I hate 60 minutes. Wrapped up in a nutshell, it's a bunch of news stories that are too lame to be covered on the regular news, and Andy Rooney covering some junk that is really boring, repetitive and is about price saving.

Example: "I went to the Super Bowl and it cost me $500, $20 more than the years before. etc..." (Well, he didn't say that exactly, it's along the gist of it.)

But which program has a higher audience rating?

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »

But which program has a higher audience rating?  And you are probably under 40 and don't read a daily newspaper either.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2010, 01:01:10 AM »
Here's how it will play out (note: I made everything up but tasks based on spoilers....

Teams leave pit stop in Penang, Malaysia, and are told to take the train to Singapore. During the train ride, the lesbians do something that pisses of the cops, which makes them upset. They form a loose alliance with Brent & Caite, and makes them promise to do the dirty on the lesbians (as in u-turn them).

In Singapore, teams travel to their first route marker (Singapore Flyer?) and pick up their first clue. There is a fast-forward and a detour clue. Dan & Jordan and the cops go for the fast-forward. The cops loses, and have to return and do the detour.

Jet and Cord and Brent & Caite do the drums thing... while Carol & Brandy sell ice cream. Even though it's lunch time, Carol & Brandy have trouble selling ice-cream. To make things worse for them, the cops show up. Brent & Caite finish, and true to their word, U-turn the lesbians.

Jet & Cord have problems finding a taxi. The lesbians accost a small girl, and makes her buy an ice-cream. Job done, they travel via taxi to the U-turn sign. They are U-turned and have to go back and do the drums thing.

Dan & Jordan finish first, and check as team number one.  :jumpy: Brent out muscles everyone at the shipyard roadblock, and they are team number two, but Brent can't find his team's fanny pack (we ought to have one by now) and says the title. Jet & Cord overtakes them and they check in as team number two! Brent & Caite barely outraces the cops for third place, and Louie & Mike praise them to high heaven for the U-turn.

We cut to Carol and Brandy and they are thus the last team to arrive.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2010, 11:37:10 AM »

But which program has a higher audience rating?  And you are probably under 40 and don't read a daily newspaper either.

I am under 40, but I do read the daily news, watch BBC quite frequently, as well as local news. And unfortunately 60 minutes has the higher rating. :(

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2010, 02:08:01 PM »
OK, so you are Les Moonves, head of CBS. Here is the ratings information for the season beginning Sept. 2009 you have to consider:

"60 Minutes" - ranked No. 9 in the Nielsen ratings, with an average audience each week of 15.7 million

"The Amazing Race" 15 and 16 - there was a break of about 3 months but for the Sunday nights that a season was active, my memory says the average weekly audience have been between 9 million and 10 million.

Now, would you bump or otherwise take away from a consistent top-rated and profitable show for only the past 42 years to favor a very good show with 8.5 years of moderate ratings? No business executive would (unless he knew that Andy rooney would be retiring and taking the franchise with him).

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2010, 02:22:02 PM »
OK, so you are Les Moonves, head of CBS. Here is the ratings information for the season beginning Sept. 2009 you have to consider:

"60 Minutes" - ranked No. 9 in the Nielsen ratings, with an average audience each week of 15.7 million

"The Amazing Race" 15 and 16 - there was a break of about 3 months but for the Sunday nights that a season was active, my memory says the average weekly audience have been between 9 million and 10 million.

Now, would you bump or otherwise take away from a consistent top-rated and profitable show for only the past 42 years to favor a very good show with 8.5 years of moderate ratings? No business executive would (unless he knew that Andy rooney would be retiring and taking the franchise with him).

A-Men

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2010, 03:40:27 PM »
Anyways... can we get back to the topic on hand? (I didn't say we should cancel 60 Minutes, I just said I really don't like that show...)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2010, 04:20:18 PM »
Could someone please watch for a new Twitter promo from CBS??

The same one is up:

AmazingRace_CBS    Tempers flare when racers place a target on 1 team's back + feuds come 2 a head when a U-turn comes into play! Preview http://bit.ly/aPbEop

But last week we got the old one followed by a new one too!

I can do the screencaps once I finally get home, IF there should be one!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #174 on: April 09, 2010, 04:38:57 PM »
Could someone please watch for a new Twitter promo from CBS??

The same one is up:

AmazingRace_CBS    Tempers flare when racers place a target on 1 team's back + feuds come 2 a head when a U-turn comes into play! Preview http://bit.ly/aPbEop

But last week we got the old one followed by a new one too!

I can do the screencaps once I finally get home, IF there should be one!! :jumpy:

Not sound like silly but how you make screencaps?