Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 8: You're Like Jason Bourne, Right? (Malaysia)  (Read 115718 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR16 - EP 8: You're Like Jason Bourne, Right? (Malaysia)
« Reply #225 on: March 31, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »
I thought it was just find the guru in the swing :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
Yeah, it's probably  find the guru, but I'm just wondering if it could more than that?  :knuckles: I'm terrible for over-thinking tasks!!! :-[

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: March 31, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »
Oh my gosh!! There are poisonous pit vipers in that snake temple!

Lots of pics and info right here:

http://www.penang-traveltips.com/snake-temple.htm
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #228 on: March 31, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »
Yeah, it's probably  find the guru, but I'm just wondering if it could more than that?  :knuckles: I'm terrible for over-thinking tasks!!! :-[

Find the guru seems kind of easy, but then, so did taking a sauna! :lol:

I'd love if there was a bit more.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2010, 02:44:33 PM »
I still don't get the title.  We don't seem to have any secret agent challenges.  Perhaps someone experiences memory loss.

Of course it will probably come out of nowhere like "Anonymous?" last week.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: March 31, 2010, 07:30:59 PM »
If the spice garden is the speedbump, there is an area in the gardens where you can take cooking lessons - maybe the cowboys will have to prepare and/or eat a traditional food?

Maybe prepare something like Ais Kachang or Teh Tarik for a judge, kind of like what Maria & Tiffany did for the speed bump in Season 15, it's a little more challenging....

http://www.mymalaysiabooks.com/penang/mypenang%20pg6.htm

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: March 31, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »
Maybe prepare something like Ais Kachang or Teh Tarik for a judge, kind of like what Maria & Tiffany did for the speed bump in Season 15, it's a little more challenging....

My fantasy Malaysia leg had a Detour option of High Tea (pulling teh tarik) and Roti (spinning roti canai dough) in a coffee shop, but that's a whole other story... It does seem like a pretty lame Speed Bump if all they had to do was find the guru though. (I believe the term yogi applies to Hindis and Buddhists, but not Sikhs.)

Did Jet/Cord and Brent/Caite arrive on the same flight as everyone else? I haven't seen any of them together with the pack, and the only indication might be the cowboys' "Everyone else got taxis!" at the Snake Temple. I don't have the first preview, so I can't tell for sure...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:14:01 PM by Neobie »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #232 on: March 31, 2010, 09:07:40 PM »
What kind of food? Is it  just a hostess welcome gift?? :lol:

Maybe.. I think Pit stop.. but Where is Phil is not here with greeting?  :duno:
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: March 31, 2010, 09:53:31 PM »
A possibility is that it is a TBC and Phil has left for Singapore and allowed the "Keep Racing" instruction to be handed out by someone other than himself.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #234 on: March 31, 2010, 10:56:01 PM »
We know which two teams are undeniably toast before the F4.  I just wanna know which of them is toast this Sunday, and which is toast next Sunday.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2010, 11:54:54 PM »
A possibility is that it is a TBC and Phil has left for Singapore and allowed the "Keep Racing" instruction to be handed out by someone other than himself.

That's possible, since we never had a 2 hour/TBC episode yet. But it's also kinda possible if those two are just for show for the promo (they just hid Phil from the shot) although they're still gonna be local greeters but the promo just focused exclusively on them for the sake of "exoticness" and "diversity" :duno:
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #236 on: April 01, 2010, 12:00:04 AM »

That's possible, since we never had a 2 hour/TBC episode yet. But it's also kinda possible if those two are just for show for the promo (they just hid Phil from the shot) although they're still gonna be local greeters but the promo just focused exclusively on them for the sake of "exoticness" and "diversity" :duno:

It's impossible since it has been spoiled that Shanghai Leg 1 is an NEL. So these two legs are both EL.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #237 on: April 01, 2010, 12:01:54 AM »
unless we have 2 legs in penang, but i see that as a impossible task

Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2010, 11:01:42 AM »
unless we have 2 legs in penang, but i see that as a impossible task

According to spoilers after this leg is directly Singapore. Still, I can't imagine a 2-leg in Penang itself. If they want a 2-leg ep they might as well go to another city after the teams "check in" or put it on a different leg.

Side note: I wonder when the FF will come into play. It wouldn't be fair if the FF were on this leg since the cowboys would ultimately not be able to use it w/ the speed bump and all. Gosh, usually the FF will be like, midway (leg 5/6)
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2010, 06:50:17 PM »

Side note: I wonder when the FF will come into play. It wouldn't be fair if the FF were on this leg since the cowboys would ultimately not be able to use it w/ the speed bump and all. Gosh, usually the FF will be like, midway (leg 5/6)

I wouldn't mind if the FF was finally phased out this season.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2010, 10:49:22 PM »

Actually, the FF is capable of giving us some entertainment. Like in TARA 2 when they were counting the bars. There were two teams doing it so it added to the "drama". lol.

Besides, it's ironic because some teams that do try to do the FF end up getting put in last place (Terrence/Sarah)
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2010, 11:22:12 PM »
Besides, it's ironic because some teams that do try to do the FF end up getting put in last place (Terrence/Sarah)

That's why recently only one team goes for it (Season 15) or none of the teams wish to risk it (Season 14).
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Obbyz

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2010, 11:24:02 PM »

I think Penang leg maybe a TBC , as we know that Steve & Allie and Carol & Brandy spotted at Singapore.
And might be Singapore is a Double Elimination Leg which eliminated Steve & Allie and Carol & Brandy.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »

I think Penang leg maybe a TBC , as we know that Steve & Allie and Carol & Brandy spotted at Singapore.
And might be Singapore is a Double Elimination Leg which eliminated Steve & Allie and Carol & Brandy.

That would be an interesting surprise, but I doubt it. Whoever gets eliminated on this leg will still race decoy in Singapore, which is likely why both teams were spotted there.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2010, 12:44:39 AM »
maybe 1 team quits the race, who knows

That would be an interesting surprise, but I doubt it. Whoever gets eliminated on this leg will still race decoy in Singapore, which is likely why both teams were spotted there.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2010, 12:47:29 AM »
actually, TAR3 also have a team that goes for the fast forward and ended up eliminated, dennis and andrew

Actually, the FF is capable of giving us some entertainment. Like in TARA 2 when they were counting the bars. There were two teams doing it so it added to the "drama". lol.

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2010, 12:55:03 AM »
actually, TAR3 also have a team that goes for the fast forward and ended up eliminated, dennis and andrew
Quote from: everbloom link=topic=21782.msg517498#
[/quote

Haha thanks Evan. Forgot about them.  :tup:
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2010, 01:24:01 AM »
sometimes it makes me wonder, does fast forward have an advantage

anyway back to topic guys
Quote from: everbloom link=topic=21782.msg517498#
[/quote

Haha thanks Evan. Forgot about them.  :tup:

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2010, 01:33:33 AM »
sometimes it makes me wonder, does fast forward have an advantage

anyway back to topic guys

Ok sure. But just wanna say the advantage: it can bring a team to 1st place and give them a HUGE lead.

Back to the topic, after checking with the almighty Wikipedia, it's now highly unlikely that this leg is gonna be a TBC. I get the feeling we won't have a leg like that. Maybe we'll just have a 2-hour finale.  :duno:
TAR 17:

TARA 4

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2010, 07:19:43 AM »
For some reason I was thinking maybe Steve and Allie were at the Chingay task and switched to the Incense task.

But I think that is wrong, and wanted to see what y'all thought?

We have flight data of Dan/Jordan arr Penang at 1015, we know teams have to get a route info clue at the Snake Temple prob first.

Thanks to Kevin and Zhou, we know that Mike/Louie, Dan/Jordan, and Steve/Allie were seen at the wrong temple about 11 ish:

More from Kevin and Zhou: :hearts:

I looked at the pictures and one team was Mike and Louie - I believe they were the first to arrive. I'm pretty sure that the other team (the second to arrive) was the frat boys - the guy I stood next to was a young white guy who wasn't wearing a cowboy hat.

The third team was definitely a father/daughter team because the coordinator kept telling the daughter to make sure she stuck together with her dad.

From the previews, we also see that Steve and Allie are doing the Chingay (flag) detour.

So suppose it went something like this...

They try to find the correct temple for the Incense task and are unable...so switch to the Flag task.

Would that alone have been enough to cause them (IF it is them who fall behind) to drop behind?

Or I am wondering, after reading about Chingay, if this requires more upper body strength then Allie perhaps has. If she was unable to do the task, and then they had to do a double bald snark, then chances are they would be waaaay behind.

Do wonder if perhaps Dan and Jordan had better luck finding the correct temple?? Or if they too switched (the video of them at the temple made me think they were sticking together) but could do the flags because they were stronger...

This is all just spec, I was just wondering how it all fits together.

Maybe Chateau can give us some shadow times of Brandy/Carol carrying incense....

RFF's Golden Rule: