Author Topic: TAR16 - EP 8: You're Like Jason Bourne, Right? (Malaysia)  (Read 115427 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR16 - EP 8: You're Like Jason Bourne, Right? (Malaysia)
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2010, 10:04:25 PM »
But why does Neobie think they switch??

From that spoiler video from that guy Kevin.......that showed them at the wrong temple....with the other two teams.

Got it!  Thanks...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2010, 10:06:52 PM »

There is this cap, that shows Steve and Allie running behind Jordan...where is that??

I would guess that this is by Kek Lok Si, but there's not much I can do to prove that.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2010, 10:08:05 PM »

How about this order...........

Land at Airport......

go to Snake Temple and get clue for Detours.........

Go to Detours.....

After Detours........get clue for Roadblock.......

Arriving at Roadblock.......Cowboys get clue for Speedbump, since they are in same area.

After RB.......then off to Pit Stop......

Isn't the speed bump usually before the first task, so they have time to catch up?? In this case, the Detour?? Location is handier to the RB though...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2010, 10:13:20 PM »

There is this cap, that shows Steve and Allie running behind Jordan...where is that??

I would guess that this is by Kek Lok Si, but there's not much I can do to prove that.

Sure there is! It is called Detective work. ;)

Go look at Flickr at all the tourists going to those temples, search videos for someone who might have driven there, check Google maps, dig around. The info will be there but it takes research!

You can do it!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »

We believe that teams are racing around midday. Given that Penang is slightly north of the Equator and that it's the middle of December, we can expect the sun to be shining from the South and shadows to be pointing North. So our teams are running in a general westerly direction?

Could be the path running westwards from the parking lot at Kek Lok Si along the north side of the complex...

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2010, 10:21:49 PM »

We believe that teams are racing around midday. Given that Penang is slightly north of the Equator and that it's the middle of December, we can expect the sun to be shining from the South and shadows to be pointing North. So our teams are running in a general westerly direction?

Could be the path running westwards from the parking lot at Kek Lok Si along the north side of the complex...

That's what I was thinking.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2010, 10:23:19 PM »
Well, peach, I just did a little Google Earth research myself...and I realized that the guy who filmed Allie outside the gate to Kek Lok Si temple was actually filming from within. So they were at the "right" gate. Dunno why they would leave without doing the task. :duno:

There appear to be two gates (circled).  I'd be willing to bet the video shows them at the west side, and they need to go to the east side, where you can see steps leading up to the pagoda.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2010, 10:25:53 PM »
You are right, Hooky, after looking at the video again, they were at the North-Eastern Gate.  But we now think the task was at another temple.

Teams arriving in that video didn't have the incense sticks yet.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2010, 10:29:06 PM »
Peach,

Phil always says that teams will have to do an extra task sometime in the next leg. He never says where it will occur. It just looked to me that it would be near the RB. Other wise, the cowboys will spend all day driving un and down the island. It is just speculation on my part.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2010, 10:31:37 PM »
They didn't do the task there because it was the wrong temle. Good on the GE work!! :jumpy:

Why would they be going that way? ??? Is that the way to the Jade Temple?? Remember, they have taxis then....why would they be running?? Just wondering.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »
Peach,

Phil always says that teams will have to do an extra task sometime in the next leg. He never says where it will occur. It just looked to me that it would be near the RB. Other wise, the cowboys will spend all day driving un and down the island. It is just speculation on my part.

I am terrible at this stuff...but I was thinking every speedbump we have had has come early in the leg...not at the end?? Can anyone verify or dispute this? Cuz I sure don't know for sure. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »
Speed Bumps:

TAR 16 Leg 5: Right before Detour (first real task of Leg)

TAR 15 Leg 9: Right before Roadblock (first task of leg)
TAR 15 Leg 11: Right before Roadblock (first task of leg)

TAR 14 Leg 6: Right before Detour, after Roadblock
TAR 14 Leg 9: Before Roadblock and Detour

TAR 13 Leg 7: Right (before/after? - can someone verify please?) Detour, after Roadblock
TAR 13 Leg 10: Right before Detour, after Roadblock

I won't go back further, but usually they are earlier in the leg rather than later. :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2010, 10:52:11 PM »
Oh thank you Hooky!!  :hearts:  I knew one of y'all would know that stuff, I never do. :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2010, 10:55:44 PM »
Oh thank you Hooky!!  :hearts:  I knew one of y'all would know that stuff, I never do. :-[

I'm trying to actually "work" for a change. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2010, 11:04:15 PM »

I'm trying to actually "work" for a change. :lol:

I like it! It is a great look for you. :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »
Having seen the caps of Brent/Caite and Louie/Michael in darkness (plus the flight mojo), I'm assuming there's (finally) an HoO bunch at the Snake Temple.

Penang's Site gives us this:

Opening Hours (for the Temple): Daily, 07:00 – 19:00

which fits in with the lateish flight into Malaysia and the daytime racing. (and there looked to be some pretty long shadows in most of the caps, which suggest a morning run).

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2010, 11:18:29 PM »
Great job Hooky........

Of the 7 instances you listed............4 are the first task of the leg and 3 are the 3rd task, between the RB/DT or DT/RB part of the leg.

In Tar12, leg 8, it was first task, before Detour and RB.

In Tar 12, leg 10, it was between the RB and Detour.

In Tar 13, leg 7, it was after the RB and before the Detour.

So that means it is split almost 50/50.........at 5 as the first task and 4 times as between the DT/RB or RB/DT or the 3rd task for the NELed team.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2010, 11:45:20 PM »
So ours could be just before our assumed RB as last task then? Does fit better geographically...thanks you two!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2010, 11:51:28 PM »
OK, I'm feeling a little better about this. The Sri Singamuga Kaliamman temple sits right next to the Mutiara Beach resort. The still is about 6 min. into the floating-chariot-festival video here.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2010, 12:07:43 AM »
It looks great to me Slowhatch!! Besides, we have to have a resort with TIARA in it's name. :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2010, 01:37:21 AM »

I'll go check those caps, but I think there were only 3 blurred ones....

No...it goes right to a big sun...this is the only one... But IS this Steve?? Looks right but I thought his shorts were darker...

Mam... they lost their bags in the previous legs remember? They're wearing borrowed clothing now....

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2010, 02:23:17 AM »
So ours could be just before our assumed RB as last task then? Does fit better geographically...thanks you two!!
Just my two cents, the speedbumps in TARLA occurred:
1: at the beginning of the leg (right after airport arrival)
2: just before receiving the clue to go to the Pit Stop
3: mid-way point of the leg (after doing DT & RB, but before lots of RI tasks)

though it looks like normal TAR is less extreme on speedbump positioning
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2010, 02:57:36 AM »

No...it goes right to a big sun...this is the only one... But IS this Steve?? Looks right but I thought his shorts were darker...

Mam... they lost their bags in the previous legs remember? They're wearing borrowed clothing now....

After rewatching the previous episode. Steve and Allie have on the same exact clothes that they had on when they gave the fruit stand guy their bananas. Steve had on a black tshirt and khaki shorts. I suspect that he had his swim suit on underneath his shorts. That was a black swimsuit. I think that is what you remember Peach. His black shirt and khaki shorts are on the boat when they discuss going back to get their bags. I assume that production got all the other teams packs on their snorkling boats, cuz they are all shown on the boat ride to the submerged bottles. We just dont see production putting them on the boats. I also assume that production got them off the boats at Praelin, when the teams all had to swim ashore. So far, Steve and Allie dont appear to have borrowed any clothes or bought any replacements yet. Btw, when Steve and Allie swam to their boat.....they did not have their documents bag when they swam. Another indication that producton was there to get their stuff to the boat all nice and dry.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2010, 03:59:36 AM »

I just thought I would make a couple of observations. I wouldn't be surprised if Jet/Cort didnt breeze right through this task. You have to remember what J/C do for a living. They ride bucking stock. To do that, you have to have an incredible sense of balance. So I bet they have a lot of fun playing with the flags. Steve could probably do it, but I dont think Allie will be able to do it. So thats why they probably switch detour tasks, Peach.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:06:22 AM by DrRox »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2010, 07:54:11 AM »

They are wearing the exact clothes they ran the last leg in, reds.
RFF's Golden Rule: