I noticed that a lot of teams that had potential to win finished 9th.  :(

Examples: Heather and Eve -eliminated due to penalty
                  Jim and Marsha- missed flight connection             
                  Debbie and Bianca -got lost
                  Marianna and Julia -helped another team
                  Mark and Bill -penalty
                  Brad and Victoria -missed flight connection
                  Zev and Justin- lost passport
                  Monique and Shawne -struggled at both tasks.
                  Steve and Josh and Pat and Brenda -despite coming in first on the previous leg, they were eliminated the next.

Curse the 9th place finish!

Jobby:

--- Quote from: misterblah on March 15, 2010, 10:49:09 AM ---I noticed that a lot of teams that had potential to win finished 9th.  :(

Examples: Heather and Eve -eliminated due to penalty
                  Jim and Marsha- missed flight connection             
                  Debbie and Bianca -got lost
                  Marianna and Julia -helped another team
                  Mark and Bill -penalty
                  Brad and Victoria -missed flight connection
                  Zev and Justin- lost passport
                  Monique and Shawne -struggled at both tasks.
                  Steve and Josh and Pat and Brenda -despite coming in first on the previous leg, they were eliminated the next.

Curse the 9th place finish!

--- End quote ---

Many of my favourites are gone due to the 9th place curse. With the most significant one being Lena and Kristy! How could you forget them... :'(

I wouldn't say that all the 9th place teams had the potential to win.. but i definitely agree that most of the 9th place teams went too early. :(

Hooky:
Oh, yes indeed. The 9th-place curse. (:;)

I would add Wanda & Desiree to your list. They had strong showings on the first two legs. It was the German highway that did them in. :(

I've also noticed that recently there's been kind of an 8th-place curse too in recent seasons. Rob & Amber, Lorena & Jason, Amanda & Kris, and Joe & Heidi have all fallen victim to that one (but it's less common overall).

Coutzy:
Out of the list, I think Pat and Brenda & Monique and Shawne were the ones who had the worst deal out of them. With all of them, they were avoidable (reading the clues better, realising that the Andes are not near the ocean :res:) but Pat and Brenda got done in by an intentionally ambiguous clue (Imagine if they did that today) and Monique & Shawne were killed by physical limitations.

nathandg0924:

--- Quote from: Hooky on March 15, 2010, 04:26:19 PM ---

I've also noticed that recently there's been kind of an 8th-place curse too in recent seasons. Rob & Amber, Lorena & Jason, Amanda & Kris, and Joe & Heidi have all fallen victim to that one (but it's less common overall).

--- End quote ---

Yeah but this is all a coincidence, and some of our faves fall victim to this so called "curse"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version