Author Topic: EP5: East Coast live show updates and commentary *please read the rules*  (Read 30372 times)

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: EP5: East Coast live show updates and commentary *please read the rules*
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2010, 04:32:26 AM »
Great episode really good leg and nice tasks paricularly the detour. I preffered this over the last leg

Sad about Joe and Heidi's elimination  :( , they were a good team and they were my faves, sad to see them go and struggle with the morse code (even I dont know morse code!)

On Mike and Louie's decision on the U-turn, well I know it's strategy, I know it's a part of the game, They did not do a good decision on the u-turn. (how come I feel like karma will happen?)

They're not really among my most faves though, Although It was may have been personal that they did not u-turn the cowboys and they definitely would rather have the cowboys win.

BTW the cowboys are my most favorite team so far

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP5: East Coast live show updates and commentary *please read the rules*
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2010, 04:23:13 PM »
As the great Herman Edwards once said, "You play to win the game.  You don't play it to just play it."

I'm not surprised that Louie & Michael didn't make the final 3 based on that video -- it's a losing mentality.

Not on topic, but Herman Edwards was the Eagles defensive back who in November 1978 recovered the famous fumble on the last play of the Giants/Eagles game after an incredibly stupid  botched handoff between Joe Pisarcik and Larry Csonka. He scored a touchdown, the Eagles won and went to the playoffs. It is still referred to as either "the Fumbler" or "Miracle at the Meadowlands". The game actually meant nothing to the giants, but it changed hte course of football history. Ever since that game, an NFL team which can run out the clock has the quarterback immediately kneel down and has 2 backs behind him in case of a fumble to tackle an defensive player lucky enough to recover it. Herman did win that game with a lot of help from Pisarcik and Csonka.

This is off-topic, but Herman Edwards on ESPN once explained that the Giants deliberately did not kneel down because they wanted to rub it in the Eagles' faces.

The Giants did it for personal reasons, and it ended up blowing up in their faces instead.