Author Topic: TAR 16 - EP7: Anonymous? (Seychelles)  (Read 68647 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 16 - EP7: Anonymous? (Seychelles)
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »
Double swim maybe? :swim
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2010, 02:33:17 PM »
My estimate, partially shown previously is that it took about 20 minutes to load the coconuts, 21 minutes to take the oxcart to the fruit vendor, 22 minutes to retrieve it and return for the final coconut, and 21 minutes to get back to the fruit vendor. This is based on average speed of 3.7 miles per hour for the ox pulling a loaded oxcart. This total is about 85 minutes.

However, the much bigger question is why the elapsed time from off the plane at Seychelles International Airport to get to the cluebox for the DETOURs took so long. If Jet/Cort landed at 0715 and it took 30 minutes for their Camera/Sound crew to be ready to leave the airport and the helicopters were sequential every 5 minutes from about 0800 and 0900 and Jet and Cord had a flight time of about 15 minutes for the 40 miles to La Digue heliport, they should have landed around 920am, not one hour later. What happened to that time?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:41:28 PM by apskip »

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2010, 03:34:20 PM »
It's an odd-shaped pool they pass by; the closest thing I could find is this one (kmz attached).

I think the pitstop may be the Cerf Island resort - http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=3&ved=0CA8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cerf-resort.com%2F&rct=j&q=private+resort+islands+in+seychelles&ei=mw2xS6-tEcH-8AbU5KSABw&usg=AFQjCNE6eFwLbdwHQyDa9Q0oIsg-42HDyQ select "map of resort" listed under about us and look at interactive pool pic!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:42:20 PM by caper »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »
Found the Pit Stop:
Paradise Sun Hotel
Anse Volbert
Praslin
Republic of Seychelles

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2010, 04:21:20 PM »
 :tup: Nice. And you were right about the backpacks as well.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2010, 04:23:33 PM »
Chills has it! yay!!

And apskip...there was one full hour between the (presumed) charter flights the teams were on, we heard it on the show.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2010, 04:48:56 PM »
Nice Chills!!! I was waaayyy off  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
Nice try caper!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
Quote from: DrRox
Btw, when Steve and Allie swam to their boat.....they did not have their documents bag when they swam. Another indication that producton was there to get their stuff to the boat all nice and dry.
Quote from: Apskip
I expect that Production would have loaded onto the boat only items brought to the dock, but not anything left elsewhere.
I thought a reply would be better in this thread. When some of the teams pass through the dock you can see, for just a few frames, a lineup of small luggage boats at the shoreline. It's true that the fanny pack cannot be seen when Steve climbs out of the water. Perhaps he loaded them onto the skiff, still not realizing about the backpacks. Some of the teams can be seen retrieving items (shoes, etc.) from small bags that mysteriously appear on the St. Pierre ferry.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2010, 09:42:06 AM »
Great job, slowhatch.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »
That's pretty cool. From what I understand, the in-depth clue info frequently contains what to do with your backpacks, whether they should be left in the taxi, or in a special production location. If not specified, I think it is assumed to take them with you. Racers have made mistakes about this before.

I don't think that Steve and Allie will see their backpacks again while IN, the race, but I do wonder if production snagged them to return them AFTER the race.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2010, 09:53:38 AM »
That's pretty cool. From what I understand, the in-depth clue info frequently contains what to do with your backpacks, whether they should be left in the taxi, or in a special production location. If not specified, I think it is assumed to take them with you. Racers have made mistakes about this before.

I don't think that Steve and Allie will see their backpacks again while IN, the race, but I do wonder if production snagged them to return them AFTER the race.

Yeah I think that sums up everything. They'll probably just be running the rest of the race until they get eliminated with the clothes on their backs, though I do pity them if they make it to Shanghai (given it's December and I've been there during the winter and it's near-freezing temp. at that time)

I think their bags will likely end up with the same end result as Toni/Dallas's passports.
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2010, 12:53:04 PM »

Yeah I think that sums up everything. They'll probably just be running the rest of the race until they get eliminated with the clothes on their backs, though I do pity them if they make it to Shanghai (given it's December and I've been there during the winter and it's near-freezing temp. at that time)

I think their bags will likely end up with the same end result as Toni/Dallas's passports.
But doesn't WRP provide the teams with winter clothing when they go to a colder place?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
If they are going to be sleeping in an igloo or climbing a glacier (extreme temps) then yes, it is usual for them to provide a warm jacket and gloves and sometimes boots.

But a city? I honestly don't know...we'll have to watch. My guess would be no. We can look at the pictures we have in Shanghai and see if there are new clothes?
RFF's Golden Rule: