Author Topic: Questions  (Read 148797 times)

Offline everbloom

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Questions
« Reply #325 on: April 08, 2010, 03:09:57 AM »
Luke, quick question:

If you use the Blind U-turn, are you allowed to use the regular U-turn?

Thanks!

Yup! We were allowed to use the regular U-Turn. We hoped that we would be the first team to use U-Turn twice on two different teams and effectively eliminated two teams. That would be awesome to make a history like that. I tried to convince Tammy & Victor to let us U-Turn Kisha & Jen but they were worried that we wouldn't be able to beat Kisha & Jen to U-Turn first then we would have been U-Turned by K&J.

Dang it!

If my memory serves correctly, they were right to be worried. Didn't KF arrive at the U-Turn 2nd, only after Tammy & Victor.

I thought Luke and Margie arrived 2nd, then K/J. Jaime and Cara took one heck of a long time finding that place.
TAR 17:
Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas

TARA 4
Richard/Richard, Claire/Michelle, Dimple/Sunaina

OMG!! I finally found the cowboys' Facebook fan page!![/url]

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #326 on: April 08, 2010, 07:58:01 AM »
A pair of questions to Luke.

From a racer's view, how many of you expected the TBC to get back to the race? And, did any of you expect the lack of Fast Forwards (1, unaired), or did you expect an Intersection or something like that? Were you willing to have an Intersection half through the race??

Thanks!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: April 23, 2010, 07:12:23 AM »
Question: Why in Season 1 did they slap Momily with the 24-hour penalty, and allow the bit...sorry beauty queens of Season 16 to track back and do the detour?

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #328 on: April 23, 2010, 08:21:51 AM »
Question: Why in Season 1 did they slap Momily with the 24-hour penalty, and allow the bit...sorry beauty queens of Season 16 to track back and do the detour?

I think that it was because the Models forgot the detour while Momily and Poker Players (from TAR 15) couldn't do the detour.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #329 on: April 23, 2010, 08:59:38 AM »

I think that it was because the Models forgot the detour while Momily and Poker Players (from TAR 15) couldn't do the detour.

Nancy and Emily had the ability to do the detour (which was either find a private car, or take a bus to the next destination) but they made the conscious decision not to complete it.

Offline NoLongerLurking

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #330 on: April 30, 2010, 10:01:30 PM »
I have read that a CBS press release shows a stamp task for episode 11, but can't seem to find the release.  Does anyone know where I should look?  Thanks!

Nevermind, I found it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:14:56 PM by NoLongerLurking »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: May 06, 2010, 06:19:03 AM »
What happen if you get a penalty in the final leg?? I know it hasn't happened before, but just curious....

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: May 06, 2010, 08:15:55 AM »
What happen if you get a penalty in the final leg?? I know it hasn't happened before, but just curious....

This is ALL SPEC, but I guess it would get enacted at the Finish Line (though I suspect Phil/TPTB would rather turn them away to correct their mistake). If there's a change in winner, it would definitely get shown, but otherwise I think they would apply the penalty time off camera.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2010, 08:38:31 AM »
I'm also thinking that it's due to the fact that it would be a major disappointment if someone had to sit out a penalty in a finale, and then lose that way.  If there's anything that would force a timed penalty or a penalty that would have a team get to the end point only to be directed back to the task, it would probably be enforced at that final point and not at the mat.  If I'm Phil/TPTB, I would want to make sure that prior to the ride to the Finish Line, that a team is "eligible" to hit the mat (penalty-free).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #334 on: May 08, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »
I'm also thinking that it's due to the fact that it would be a major disappointment if someone had to sit out a penalty in a finale, and then lose that way.  If there's anything that would force a timed penalty or a penalty that would have a team get to the end point only to be directed back to the task, it would probably be enforced at that final point and not at the mat.  If I'm Phil/TPTB, I would want to make sure that prior to the ride to the Finish Line, that a team is "eligible" to hit the mat (penalty-free).

Uchenna/Joyce did get initially turned away because they hadn't paid their final taxi driver; the begging that was shown at the Bonnet House was a result of this.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2010, 02:11:21 AM »
Can a speed bump team use a fast-forward to skip the speed bump and stay in the race?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2010, 03:43:00 AM »
Can a speed bump team use a fast-forward to skip the speed bump and stay in the race?

It's never come up. They can't in my races though, fwiw.

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2010, 04:01:39 AM »

likely will never happen Fast Forward after non-Elimination leg!   :snicker:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2010, 07:57:42 PM »
Were can I find Mike and Louie's RFF podcast exit interview? Thanks. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2010, 08:53:16 PM »
Thank you Peach!  :hearts:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #341 on: May 20, 2010, 08:08:06 AM »
To design consecutive legs to allow the possibility of that is something that World Race Productions logically would not do. Since there is only one Fast Forward per season these days, it is quite easy to make sure they do not follow any NELs.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: May 20, 2010, 08:45:10 AM »
I have a silly but curious question (which I wish TAR Racers answer personally)...

When do teams have the chance to take a bath? :lol: I mean, I see teams wearing the same type of clothes from a start of the leg up to the end of it. At Pitstops only?

I am just curious, because sometimes, looking good (and smelling good too) can contribute to a team's victory.

Sorry if this was an offense to a team, but I wasn't referring to any teams. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:39 AM »
I have a silly but curious question (which I wish TAR Racers answer personally)...

When do teams have the chance to take a bath? :lol: I mean, I see teams wearing the same type of clothes from a start of the leg up to the end of it. At Pitstops only?

I am just curious, because sometimes, looking good (and smelling good too) can contribute to a team's victory.

Sorry if this was an offense to a team, but I wasn't referring to any teams. :lol:

I have no inside knowledge other than what I read here, but I believe that at most pit stops teams stay in a local hotel or hostel of some kind. I'm confident that they have the opportunity to shower or bathe during the down time. There are probably instances (camped out in the middle of nowhere in tents) where shower facilities are unavailable, but those cases are rare.

I'm sure they get chances to have their clothing laundered too.

George

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #344 on: June 18, 2010, 06:16:03 AM »

I'm real curious and am waiting for a past racer to answer this.. :lol3:

:bump: :bump: :bump:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2010, 10:31:43 AM »
Zack is not an amazing racer, but I assume they take advantage of Pit Stops, airport restrooms during layovers, and hotel stays during HoO bunching.  :tup:

Laundry service, though, is a more interesting question - you might smell wonderful, but your clothes could still have your funk.  :snicker:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2010, 09:50:32 AM »
I always wondered the same thing!!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #347 on: July 11, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »
1. What was the other end of the detour in the AR14 finale?
2. Where's puddin nowadays?