Author Topic: TAR: China Rush 2010 **contains spoilers**  (Read 160773 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR: China Rush 2010 **contains spoilers**
« Reply #250 on: August 06, 2010, 08:44:36 AM »
Only a few days left to figure out how to watch this...if you have a solution, please let me know!

“The Amazing Race: China Rush” premieres on August 8 on ICS at 8pm, and airs weekly in China. Outside of China, audiences will be able to watch the program via CCTV International (CCTV-9). Show is in English, subtitled in Chinese. For details, visit www.chinarush.tv.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #251 on: August 06, 2010, 08:47:56 AM »
Let the race begin! ‘Amazing Race: China Rush’ airs this weekend

Contrary to popular opinion, reality shows in China don’t begin and end at dating shows. “Amazing Race: China Rush”, starting August 8, throws adventure into the mix
6 August, 2010

On your recent travels around China, if you happened to notice a crowd of hectic foreigners chased by cameras, it was sadly probably not a celebrity tour group, but more likely part of the filming for International Channel Shanghai's (ICS) latest reality show, “The Amazing Race: China Rush.”

Competitors
Based on the international “Amazing Race” show format, “The Amazing Race: China Rush,” which debuts this Sunday, August 8 on ICS, features 10 teams racing through 11 Chinese cities with the franchise's last-one-out elimination system, and featuring physical challenges and extreme sports contests that audiences are used to seeing on Western reality shows.

I learned that Chinese people have an incredibly high tolerance level when it comes to foreigners behaving strangely ... the cab driver's watching all of this [taping] in his rear view mirror with a bemused look on his face that says, ‘laowai ... whatever.’
— Eric Ransdell, Fly Flims co-founder, director of "The Amazing Race: China Rush"Their prize for this China quest? A world tour provided by travelzen.com. Not too shabby.

Although some contestants were already living in China, three of the two-person teams came to the Middle Kingdom especially for the show.

Contestants were chosen from a variety of backgrounds and countries, from American middle-aged expatriate moms (Karen and Lisa) to Latvian reality TV stars, and countries including Australia, Kenya, India, Mexico, Latvia, the United States and Canada.

"It's such a motley crew, but they're going to make for great television," says Chinese-American host Allan Wu, who has hosted all three seasons of' “The Amazing Race Asia,” to China Daily.

The show’s director and Fly Films co-founder Eric Ransdell agrees, but says the people reflect the make-up of Shanghai and the Expo where the show began and ended. “[The Amazing Race: China Rush] was timed to be broadcast through the last half of Expo. We were cognizant in terms of casting that this was the Expo year in Shanghai and we wanted a truly international cast,” he explains.

“We recruited some teams from abroad, including a pair of Masai warriors that I had met a few years ago at a friend's safari camp in central Kenya. We also brought in a team from Latvia and a team from Australia, in addition to having teams from India, Mexico, Canada, the United States and the UK who were cast here in China.”
Read more: Let the race begin! ‘Amazing Race: China Rush’ | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/shanghai/life/let-race-begin-amazing-race-china-rush-airs-weekend-601918#ixzz0vpjHO0HJ
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2010, 07:00:26 PM »
The team descriptions in Chinese are hilariously good/bad! Some direct translations:

Reality TV Veterans, 选秀狂人: Madmen of talent shows
Best Mates, 澳洲帅哥: Cute guys from Australia
Ultra-Marathoners, 暴走佳丽: Hiking (also translatable as "neurotic", or "furiously walking") pageant girls

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2010, 10:11:07 PM »
The team descriptions in Chinese are hilariously good/bad! Some direct translations:

Ultra-Marathoners, 暴走佳丽: Hiking (also translatable as "neurotic", or "furiously walking") pageant girls
:groan:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2010, 11:56:16 PM »
worst translations ever

but 帅哥 is not cute guys, is handsome in chinese

and

暴走佳丽 is not hiking pageant girls, is like lunatic pageant girls out on a spree

Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2010, 04:24:38 AM »
does anyone know how to watch this? it does start tomorrow right?

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2010, 06:14:49 AM »
Haha guys relax! We'll try to find a way once the premiere airs, right now there's no point looking for something that doesn't exist...

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2010, 11:05:39 AM »
counting down every min and second to the premiere

hoping someone/a nice kind soul will record and upload to sites, so that we could be able to catch all the intense drama
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »
China is bursting with people.. there will be AT LEAST one person who will upload it,  i bet. :lol:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2010, 11:47:01 AM »
China is bursting with people.. there will be AT LEAST one person who will upload it,  i bet. :lol:

And what about ICS live? it is not live?
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2010, 12:01:04 PM »
I wish I was at my home. There, I get to watch Chinese channels (even though we're Filipinos, and can't understand a leak of Chinese. See note below) and I believe one channel there aired a commercial of TAR China. But now, I'm far from home, there's no TV here, and I'm school and bed-ridden. :groan: :'( :lol:

NOTE: Wonder how chinese channels are put into Filipino TV? Simple, our cable network (those who supply new channels) is so tricky, and instead of putting 72 channels of watchable and understandable shows, they put half of the 72 as Chinese, Indian, and Taiwanese Channels. :lol3:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2010, 12:02:07 PM »
If you get it maybe.?  :duno:  So far I have no way to watch either.

Everyone PLEASE remember that NO links to uploads should be posted on the forum, unless it is an official one from the producers. If you get another one or can make one either PM me or email me at the address in my profile and I will make a place for us all to see them and announce that here. :tup:

Here's hoping!!  :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2010, 12:55:28 PM »
roger that, anyway, anyone, please, if you have any link to the show, please let me know via PM, i won't share the info to anyone. thanks
If you get it maybe.?  :duno:  So far I have no way to watch either.

Everyone PLEASE remember that NO links to uploads should be posted on the forum, unless it is an official one from the producers. If you get another one or can make one either PM me or email me at the address in my profile and I will make a place for us all to see them and announce that here. :tup:

Here's hoping!!  :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2010, 01:27:06 PM »
roger that, anyway, anyone, please, if you have any link to the show, please let me know via PM, i won't share the info to anyone. thanks

We won't need a lot of behind the scenes PM'ing...if we get links they will be freely shared with all the RFF members who want them...just not on the forum. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2010, 03:26:55 PM »
Preview!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2010, 03:49:12 PM »
okay...who gets CCTV-news?? Rumor has it Dish viewers do...

Airs weekly starting on Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 8PM on The International Channel of Shanghai (ICS) for the Greater Shanghai Area. Encore showings each week starting Saturday, August 14th, 2010 at 11:15PM on CCTV-News (English) for national and international viewers.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2010, 06:00:21 PM »
A couple of nice pictures from the starting line: http://www.icshanghai.com/html/2010/08/06/3009.html

Does ICS have a live stream of their channel on their website?  I see something labeled "ICS LIVE" on it.  http://www.icshanghai.com/

Thanks for the preview, georgiapeach.  It definitely looks like it's going to be in HD.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »
I found a page were you can watch it live, don't know if i can post the link here ...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 10:27:15 PM by georgiapeach »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »
I found a page were you can watch it live, don't know if i can post the link here ...

Send it to me please , and no don't post it!! :jumpy:

It may be then one I have that will let us see it...but not till a week after it is shown in Shanghai,
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 10:27:43 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2010, 09:50:15 PM »
I found a page were you can watch it live, don't know if i can post the link here ....

Send it to me please , and no don't post it!! :jumpy:

It may be then one I have that will let us see it...but not till a week after it is shown in Shanghai,

me too! i need a link too  :(  :( can't watch it on my country...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 10:28:06 PM by georgiapeach »
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: August 07, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »
Okay I have started a private board for any links to watch that are found.

If you are an RFF member with at least 5 posts I can share the links, just PM me.

Right now it looks as though we have a way to watch LIVE at 0800 EST 8/8 thanks to gonzalo!! :hearts:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 10:51:00 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #271 on: August 07, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »
Okay I have sent the link to all of you have asked in the thread for a way to watch...anyone else please PM or email me at the address in my profile, I'll check in here about 0730 to send the links out to anyone else then...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline wangsacl

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #272 on: August 07, 2010, 10:32:43 PM »
okay...who gets CCTV-news?? Rumor has it Dish viewers do...

Airs weekly starting on Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 8PM on The International Channel of Shanghai (ICS) for the Greater Shanghai Area. Encore showings each week starting Saturday, August 14th, 2010 at 11:15PM on CCTV-News (English) for national and international viewers.

I have the CCTV News! However I'm waiting to watch it live... Could I get the streaming link? Thanks :)

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »
thanks to gonzo for the link

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #274 on: August 07, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »
Hang on for a bit, sending it as fast as I can...
RFF's Golden Rule: