Author Topic: TAR: China Rush 2010 **contains spoilers**  (Read 160739 times)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR: China Rush 2010 **contains spoilers**
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2010, 11:51:58 PM »
The final leg will go to Hangzhou,then run to finish line in Shanghai.

Offline 67ssdan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2010, 08:42:58 PM »
Sounds exciting!  :groan: no pictures?

Hey all, I was actually the one that wrote the www.thealbinobowler.com blog referenced earlier in the thread.  My wife and I saw the Amazing Racers while at the Panda Breeding Center.  When we saw them it was apparently down to the final 3: Ultra-Marathoners, Momshells, and the Best Mates; and they arrived, completed the challenge, and left in that order... with a substantial distance between the Ultra-Marathoners and the Best Mates (as in hours).  Interestingly enough, they did not run the challenges in tandom (meaning all teams competing at the same time); each team waited for some time after the other one had completed.  It'll be interesting to see how it looks on TV though, as I'm sure for dramatic effect it will look a lot faster paced, and closer than it was in reality.

We did get our hands on one of the clues from the game (and saw the clue box), but the camera I took the pictures with unfortunately got left on one of the planes we traveled on.  :'(  We tried to take our picutres in front of the clue box but were quickly shooed away and told we couldn't take pictures.  I had to take the rest of the pictures covertly with my other camera... which is why they didn't turn out so well.  The crew was quick to get in your face and tell you not to take pictures.  Good thing I had a long zoom on the camera!  The 'Mates' actually walked right by us on one of the bridges and I told them they needed to hurry up so they didn't lose.  They totally ignored me though LOL I guess they had been trained to disregard all bystanders.

Here are some of the pictures we did manage to get with my other camera:
The Ultra-marathoners reading their clue

The Best Mates waiting around as the camera crew got set up.  You can see the top of one of the 'mates' heads just above the camera (hair in a pony tail)

One of the Momshells carrying what looks to be a heavy load... not sure where the other one of the duo was

A guy that was with us checking out the clue.  I swapped cameras and we posed with it also and took pictures of the clue itself and the next destination, but as I mentioned... those are gone forever now.

At any rate, if you're interested in seeing more pictures from China, feel free to check out the 2010 - China album http://www.danandholly.com/index.php/photo-albums/

Cheers!
Dan

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2010, 09:19:57 PM »
Thank you very much Dan! :hearts: And welcome to RFF! :welcome:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2010, 09:21:28 PM »
Dan!! Thank you so much for sharing these with us, they are wonderful!!  :hearts:

:bigwelcome to RFF, hope you will come join us throughout the season!

Any thoughts about if this was an elim leg?  And how many hours were they apart? ???

I am intrigued about the description of how they competed...any sign that they had to pull numbers?

:ty again for sharing!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2010, 01:41:55 AM »
So if this was the F3, who are the marathoners again?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2010, 02:00:50 AM »
So if this was the F3, who are the marathoners again?
The pictures are taken in Chengdu,this is leg9,five teams still in,the other two teams maybe ahead or behind.
They are playing the RB:carry bamboo.
They wait another one finish the RB because maybe they should come into panda area where not allow  so many people come in(this is what I guess) .

Leg1(Shanghai-Ningbo)
Leg2(Ningbo-Wuxi)
Leg3(Wuxi-Changzhou)
Leg4(Changzhou-Yangzhou)
leg5(Yangzhou-Beijing)
Leg6(Beijing-Mount Tai)
Leg7(Mount Tai-Qingdao)
Leg8(Qingdao-Chengdu)
Leg9(Chengdu)
Leg10(Chengdu-Tengchong)
Leg11(Tengchong-Zhaoqing)
Leg12(Zhaoqing-Hangzhou-Shanghai)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:12:43 AM by weihen »

Offline 67ssdan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2010, 07:54:10 AM »
Actually, after thinking about it some more and reviewing the pictures again and looking at the time stamps; I had the order wrong.  It was the Ultra-marathoners, the Best Mates, and then the Momshells... with the Momshells lagging significantly behind the Ultra-marathoners.

We got to the park just before 8, just before it was opening (we actually got in earlier than normal visitors because we were part of an "internship" program) and the Ultra-Marathoners were already there.  I overheard several people (park visitors) saying it was down to the final three, but judging by how tight-lipped all the crew was, this could have been just guesses on their part because we only saw three teams.  It is entirely possible that others were there later than the Momshells (the picture I snapped of the woman carrying the two backpacks was as we were leaving that section of the park and headed to another)and we just didn't see them, but  I am however doubtful that  there was actually people there before the Ultra-marathoners.  When we caught up with the crew, they were still plotting out where they wanted the teams to run and how they were going to get the next clue after they completed the challenge... so it seemed to me that they were on the first "run through" with the Ultra-marathoners.  We actually stood around and watched the camera guys shooting b-roll stuff that they use for filler as they're explaining the challenges.  That was kind of neat.  It was also fun to watch the filming process as the whole thing happens a lot slower than what you see on TV.  They had the girls sit down and read their clues, and then filmed them running around that area of the park.  Then they'd set the cameras down and sit around and then pick them back up again to start filming again.  So as a whole, the show is not nearly as spontaneous as it seems when you're watching it... but that's just part of the magic of television.

As for timeframes, as I mentioned the Ultra-marathoners were there when we got there and we stood around for probably 10 or 15 minutes watching them.  During that time the guys showed up.  We then went and did several hours worth of chores in the same cage area that the challenge was filmed and then broke around 11 or so for lunch and to go pet some of the pandas.  It was on our way out of that area that we ran into the Momshells.  We returned to that area around 1 or 1:30 to feed the pandas their afternoon snacks and by this time there was no one left with the flim crew.  So if there were infact other teams still in the game, they would have had to have come through while we were gone as we were there in that cage area for the rest of the day.  I guess they could have been EXTREMELY late though... who knows.

Since we were part of the internship program, we were allowed "behind the scenes" so to speak at the park... this is actually how we found the clue and were able to touch it.  One of the teams had accidentally left it behind inside the cage complex where the pandas are.  I will say this; the clue said that if they couldn't find a bus, they may have to find other forms of transportation to get them to their next destination... and that would be a bit tricky there as the breeding center is pretty well outside the main part of the city, and we didn't see any taxis or buses go by while we were near the road.  It was busy there... but we never saw any public transportation.  That should be entertaining to see how they get out of there.

No idea of if it was an elimination leg or not.  As I said, everyone that we ran into was extremely tight-lipped with the exception of the girl who stopped us from taking pictures with the clue box.  She was the one that told us the name of the show was China Rush and that it was infact part of the Amazing Race.  My wife and I have watched only the last few seasons of the Amazing Race and had no idea they had it in China.  The guide we were with had only read about it in magazines.

Anyways, I hope this helps.  We were totally geeked about being there when they were filming it.

Dan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2010, 08:34:35 AM »
Thanks Dan! This will be a huge help, we appreciate hearing about your "amazing" day!

I would have been totally geeked too...Pandas AND TAR?? Dream day! :wohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline 67ssdan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2010, 10:28:56 AM »
Yeah, as strange as it may sound to some people (probably not people on this board  :tup: ), it was definitely our favorite day in China.

Dan

Offline Lovewalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2010, 03:31:25 AM »
 :wohoo: Would rush to buy lottery if I were u.

Offline Lovewalker

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2010, 03:36:43 AM »
Allan tweeted this:
Wanna get "teased" a bit with the upcoming Amazing Race China? Then click on over to the main website: http://www.chinarush.tv/index.html

I had problems loading it. 

If someone can save and upload it to youtube, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Try www.chinarush.cn

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2010, 11:38:40 PM »
amazing race china rush! 3 days to go!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2010, 12:48:27 AM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:53:01 AM by weihen »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: August 05, 2010, 01:02:05 AM »
Allan tweeted this:
Wanna get "teased" a bit with the upcoming Amazing Race China? Then click on over to the main website: http://www.chinarush.tv/index.html

I had problems loading it. 

If someone can save and upload it to youtube, I would be grateful.

Thanks.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTk1MjAyNTU2.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2010, 07:26:52 AM »
Thanks weihen!

If anyone has any ideas about how the rest of us "not in China/Asia" can watch ...please let me know by PM or email.
I am willing to make a safe site to share info about where we can see this, so please let me know! If you plan to upload this, great! Just don't post any links publicly...let me know and we'll figure out a way to share the info safely.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2010, 07:38:15 AM »
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/JOtJPpvlVdU
Introduction of TAR china rush!
same style with TAR!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2010, 08:42:05 AM »
Oh I HOPE we can see this!! Thanks weihen!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »
Oh I HOPE we can see this!! Thanks weihen!! :hearts:
I am sorry that I just found maybe you can't watch tudou or youku since not in China.I think production will upload to youtube.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2010, 09:11:53 AM »
I hope so...but I have my doubts. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2010, 02:59:41 AM »
Oh you must miss peach... or anyway saw the Facebook page, it says it will start Aug 8...

Do you guys know anything about the first leg? and will it be in English or Chinese?

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2010, 04:42:18 AM »
Just saw a TARCR promo in Youtube. =D

Edit: My bad. >.< Promo of long time ago. :res:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:40:54 AM by realshowfan »
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2010, 05:02:16 AM »
In the first leg,teams will travel to Ningbo by train,and they will face one of the most difficult challenge ---eat  "delicious" chinese food:turtle.
They will also have task about military.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:18:24 AM by weihen »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2010, 05:04:30 AM »
Oh you must miss peach... or anyway saw the Facebook page, it says it will start Aug 8...

Do you guys know anything about the first leg? and will it be in English or Chinese?
Teams will say English(of course),subtitle in chinese.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2010, 06:29:31 AM »
Time to start Intro Sequence spoiling again! :jumpy: Most are pretty easy though given what we already have...
The team intro shots (while still kind of cheesy) and time-lapse shots are done pretty well this time 'round!

Peach, I can access Tudou and Youku in the US just fine, don't worry!

1-6
1: Shanghai skyscrapers from World Financial Center
2: Guilin
3: Forbidden City from Jingshan Park

7-12
8: World Financial Center and Jin Mao Tower, Shanghai

13-18
16: Shanghai skyline from Puxi
17-18: The Bund, Shanghai

19-24

25-30
28-29: Tianfu Square, Chengdu