Author Topic: TAR: China Rush 2010 **contains spoilers**  (Read 160374 times)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR: China Rush 2010 **contains spoilers**
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2010, 09:06:41 AM »
The order I know is shanghai-ningbo-suzhou-changzhou-yangzhou-beijing,tody it will be filmed in beijing. The order after beijing I don"t know. By the way, the news only said these cities are planed to be destination,so maybe they will change some cities after beijing.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2010, 09:07:28 AM »
tody is today ,sorry :-[

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2010, 09:16:01 AM »
I only have this, but it's in chinese.This press realese said all cities.
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=732707254

Woah! That's a REALLY wordy press release o.0 But it sure is complete! With introductions to the production company and Shanghai Rush before it starts talking about China Rush.... Need some sleep and then it's TAR16 finale, so I doubt if I would have the time/energy to translate it until at least tomorrow....

p/s. rough translation of the earlier link that weihen posted is on the previous page (page 4).  There are quite a few spoilers for Leg 3 at Changzhou....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:52:54 PM by SuzuKen »
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »
Hi,I also find a press release about yangzhou leg in chinese,maybe someone can translate? :yess:
http://www.yznews.com.cn/news/2010-05/07/content_3219097.htm

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2010, 09:22:15 AM »
Hi,I also find a press release about yangzhou leg in chinese,maybe someone can translate? :yess:
http://www.yznews.com.cn/news/2010-05/07/content_3219097.htm

Here's what google spat out:

"China Rush's "player of Yangzhou" checkpoints"

Yangzhou Network News (Dai Yan) May 7

Large-scale foreign propaganda Expo TV project "China Rush" the official film crew team to Yang. In just one day of the contest period, eight pairs of players have finished in the yang, a park and other attractions of the design task and game link of paper cutting, carving, painting, calligraphy, etc. (??) The project features a series full of feelings of Yangzhou, and the ancient city's cultural quintessence. It is reported that Yangzhou is the counrty's 4th city in the 12 city race. By the previous leg, two teams are eliminated (Not sure what this means). On May 7, a total of eight pairs have arrived in Yangzhou, Changzhou station (?) to race. Around 9 AM, reporters and contestants have reached the yang, here they will start their own "adventure" in Yangzhou, and in turn go to a park, off East Street, Yangzhou hotel and with other people to complete the game link. Finally, in the Yangzhou Railway Station collection. In the race, players do not only use "checkpoints." (Route Marker?) To succeed, they get a "Task Card" (Roadblock/Detour?) and go to the next site to continue the adventure trip. They finally got to the station (Pit Stop I think) and will determine their order of rank in Yangzhou. At 12:53,  2 teams that successfully completed Changzhou, players race to take a taxi in advance to the yang, they are prompted by staff to quickly ascend to  Runyang tower in the Zhenjiang district of Yangzhou (Not exactly sure about the name of location, needs more research), take the elevator to the middle of the bridge to retrieve the task card.
According to the task card information, they have started their own Yangzhou "Adventure."

What I understand from the above:
Yangzhou is the 4th city visited. There will be 12 cities total
By the time they reach Yangzhou, only 8 teams remain.
They were in Yangzhou on May 7th (I assume local time)
Teams use Route Markers, and Task Cards
At around 9 AM (Seems like an hours of operation bunch to me) Teams reached "The Yang" (Not sure what that place is)
At 12:53 PM, teams raced to the Runyang Tower (Not sure) in the Zhenjiang district (Again, not sure)
Teams must make their way to the middle of a bridge to retrieve their next clue.

That's just the first half, more to come soon. If anyone can translate it better, feel free to do it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:44:10 AM by Coutzy »

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2010, 10:05:43 AM »
to add on to coutzy, leg 3 was in changzhou n it was reported tat 9 teams were seen doing tasks, so one team WAS eliminated there.

For task spoilers for Leg 3, go here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21744.msg522182.html#msg522182
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:53:53 PM by SuzuKen »

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2010, 10:09:52 AM »
to add on to coutzy, leg 3 was in changzhou n it was reported tat 9 teams were seen doing tasks, so one team WAS eliminated there. go refer to my translation of leg 3 tat's on p4 of this thread for details

so like in most of the foreign versions:
1st Leg: Non Elimination - 10 remain for leg 2.
2nd Leg: Elimination - 9 remain for leg 3.
3rd Leg: Elimination - 8 remain for leg 4.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2010, 10:13:46 AM »
Second half:

According to interviews, it is understood that part of the game Yangzhou stations including traditional painting, sculpture, and paper cutting, puppet shows, etc. Some local characteristics. Only by succeeding at the checkpoints can players get the next level of the task card. In an interview, the painter Tang Yu Tsutsumi said: "Learning is not a day of painting skill, but the acceptance that racers use their hands to guide their future appreciation of the Chinese painting pen. In this learning process, the players are enjoying themselves.

According to the Channel Shanghai career development director, the purpose of China Rush is to show the Chinese culture to foreigners, so the tasks are set when they are in pain (?) She said "To make players feel more urban culture, we integrate Yangzhou's most classic and most representative cultural links into the game, such as the paper-cutting art of Yangzhou, Yangzhou painting, calligraphy, lacquer, jade and so on. These are the essence of our culture in Yangzhou. Players participate for cultural experience, it will not be boring"

It is reported that the game finished today, on May 9, the crew will go to the Slim West Lake in Yangzhou, Song Clip City (?), lacquer plant, jade plant shoot. After the trip to Yangzhou, the fifth station crew (Producers?) will travel to Beijing to start a new round of the China Rush tour.

What I understand from the following:
-Once teams leave Yangzhou, they head to Beijing.
-There will be cultural tasks in Yangzhou, such as painting & calligraphy.
-The tasks are aimed to be fun, while the racers learn about the culture.
-On May 9th, teams headed elsewhere in Yangzhou. (Yesterday, I think.)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2010, 06:00:14 AM »
I find this press release abut yangzhou leg,it's the same as other one I post before.But it contains some contestant spoilers.We can know who are still remain according to their nationality.http://www.js.chinanews.com.cn/news/2010/0509/17215.html

来自澳大利亚、肯尼亚、印度、墨西哥、美国、加拿大等国家的八对真人秀选手7日抵中国历史文化名城扬州

It means Australian,Kenya,Indian,Mexico,Canadian still remain at least in yangzhou leg.

And by the picture in changzhouleg spoilers,I think we almost find who is the first team to be emilinated---Expat wives or Reality Veterans(other teams have comfirmed safe).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:09:26 AM by weihen »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2010, 06:10:05 AM »
Some more notes that I've pulled from above:

It is understood that China Rush trip to Yangzhou in Yangzhou will be a 4-day shoot.

I think this means they will still be in the area tomorrow (11th May local time.)

-will be last month's shooting and, after a number of cities in China and eventually back to Shanghai World Expo site.
-ultimately back to the Shanghai World Expo site, the final winner will be World Travel Awards were.

Final Destination=Shanghai World Expo site???

Other than that, very much the same as the previous one (Apart from what Weihen has pointed out.) Thanks Weihen for the article!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2010, 06:53:01 AM »
I find a new press release about Wuxi leg and it said Wuxi will be 2nd
leg .http://www.wxrb.com/szb/wxrb/html/2010-05/08/content_490379.htm
I confused but I guess suzhou leg hasn't been filmed because Allan Wu standing in ningbo pitstop
so this should be 1st leg .
I guess the order is:shanghai-ningbo-wuxi-changzhou-yangzhou-beijing-...
Suzhou maybe filmed later.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2010, 06:59:37 AM »
This is exciting from just reading it! :funny: I can't wait for it to start! I'll be patrolling the Chinese channels on our TV. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2010, 07:18:58 AM »
I find a new press release about Wuxi leg and it said Wuxi will be 2nd
leg .http://www.wxrb.com/szb/wxrb/html/2010-05/08/content_490379.htm
I confused but I guess suzhou leg hasn't been filmed because Allan Wu standing in ningbo pitstop
so this should be 1st leg .
I guess the order is:shanghai-ningbo-wuxi-changzhou-yangzhou-beijing-...
Suzhou maybe filmed later.

You mean they don't film the legs in order?  :umn:

So many articles coming in! Can't translate fast enough >.<

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2010, 07:54:21 AM »
I think suzhou leg is 2nd leg because the picture posted here before and I have known 1st ningbo,3th changzhou 4th yangzhou,so I think suzhou is 2nd leg.
I didn't read any news that suzhou leg comes 2nd.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2010, 08:55:56 AM »
This is exciting from just reading it! :funny: I can't wait for it to start! I'll be patrolling the Chinese channels on our TV. :funny:

About half of my channels in our TV is Chinese.... :snicker:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2010, 01:08:07 AM »
New spoiler of changzhou leg:http://news.cz001.com.cn/2010-05/06/content_1340425.htm
I think we have all the tasks in changzhou leg.
I find expat wives in this press release,so I think the first team to be emilinated is reality veterans.
I guess:Qingfeng Park(detour)---Changzhou comb  factory(route info:find comb)--- Miduqiao Elementary School(route info)---  Old City Walls(route info)---Lai Meng area(roadblock:sth about wine)--- sunken city (pitstop)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 01:29:03 AM by weihen »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2010, 01:16:35 AM »
PHOTOS!

Teams arriving at the park
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 01:20:57 AM by Coutzy »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2010, 01:22:21 AM »
Paddleboats:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2010, 01:23:29 AM »
Rock Climbing

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2010, 01:25:44 AM »
2 other tasks

Finally, the following places are mentioned in the article:

Spring City area, Dinosaur Park, Tianning Temple, Tian Ning pagoda, Qingfeng Park, comb plant, Changzhou Ma cake shop, Lemon street and other attractions and units

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2010, 01:36:57 AM »
2 other tasks

Spring City area, Dinosaur Park, Tianning Temple, Tian Ning pagoda, Qingfeng Park, comb plant, Changzhou Ma cake shop, Lemon street and other attractions and units
I think some place just be filmed as introduction,it's too much place for one leg.

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2010, 02:09:28 AM »
2 other tasks

(1) the google translation for Lemon street seems wrong to me... the Chinese characters read as Lai Meng (which is NOT the same as lemon...)

(2) based on the earlier spoiler article for Changzhou (http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21744.msg522182.html#msg522182), the rock climbing takes place at Qingfeng park, the pic of them on a skateboard would be just outside Qingfeng park, and the pic with the green baskets of combs is at the comb factory (apparently Changzhou is famous for comb manufacturing)

I suspect that the article was just listing some of the famous spots in Changzhou, and that the teams probably went passsed them btu not do tasks at every single one of them....

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »
Some new pictures about changzhou leg:http://bbs.wj001.com/read-htm-tid-103108.html
video spoiler of changzhou leg:http://v.cz001.com.cn/2010-05/07/content_1340513.htm
In this video,it said races arrived qingfeng park about 13:30,then they should take boats to the detour:rock climbing or trying out difficult tricks on skateboards.Races who choose rock climbing all gave up and  do another  detour task.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 08:03:51 PM by weihen »

Offline Obbyz

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2010, 10:38:17 AM »
China Rush Contestant with bio :

http://www.chinarush.tv/contestants_index.html

Offline Obbyz

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2010, 10:40:22 AM »
From that site I found that it will be aired on 14 August in CCTV 9 ( Chinese TV Program )