Author Topic: TAR: China Rush 2010 **contains spoilers**  (Read 160396 times)

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR: China Rush 2010 **contains spoilers**
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »
It could be Zhouzhuang, Jiangsu

or Suzhou, Jiangsu

or Tongli, Jiangsu

or Wuzhen, Jiangsu

so most probably it is in Jiangsu, China.
But i can't find what the sign in the pit stop says.  :duno:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
I magnified the image, and I am sure that it starts with "N-I-N" and it ends with "O."

I think that it's "NINGBO."

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
I magnified the image, and I am sure that it starts with "N-I-N" and it ends with "O."

I think that it's "NINGBO."

i though it was something like NIMBAO, but Ningbo makes sense, and Ningbo is in Zhejiang, that borders Jiangsu, so it could be an inter-province leg or the pit stop could be from a different leg. Both provinces borders Shanghai, so it's maybe the 1st or 2nd leg.

From Suzhou to Ningbo is 230 - 287 km, 2:49 - 3:15 minutes.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:03:15 PM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure it is Suzhou, Jiangsu

because the boats have those chinese lamps.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2010, 09:46:08 PM »

To me the pitstop picture does look like Suzhou but not the 1st one. In Suzhou old town they use those lights for many different building. However, I've never seen those kinds of boats before on the river. All I've seen are garbage boats. My feeling is that it may be Zhouzhuang.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »

To me the pitstop picture does look like Suzhou but not the 1st one. In Suzhou old town they use those lights for many different building. However, I've never seen those kinds of boats before on the river. All I've seen are garbage boats. My feeling is that it may be Zhouzhuang.

Allan at the Pit Stop.
The Pit Stop is definetely in Ningbo... but the boat things could be any place in Jiangsu, my first feeling was Zhouzhuang, so it could be.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2010, 08:39:42 AM »
At least 2 teams have been eliminated by now.....  :( At least according to Allan's twitter updates  :lol:

One "Alliminated" ( :lol3:) some time after 8pm on 3rd May.... See these tweets (1, 2, 3)

And another eliminated just yesterday!  :ascared
http://twitter.com/wulander/status/13489093140
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2010, 09:07:10 AM »
Stumbled upon some of the audition vids on YouTube, so here they are.... just to get us familiarised with some of the racers at least!  :wohoo:

Newly Dating
Amy & Sean
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HurR_wXnCRY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HurR_wXnCRY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

Aussie Footballers
Rick & Josh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6b8c5zLNGGU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6b8c5zLNGGU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

(okies.... so I'm bored on a Friday night  :-[ do let me know if there should be a separate thread for this!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2010, 10:22:37 AM »
Bring 'em on!! Thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »
Allan posted a new entry: http://www.wulander.com/2010/05/same-thang-different-place/

He's standing behind the race mat in two different locations. 

One location doesn't have a sign, and the other looks like a train station with a cropped sign with only "ZHOU" showing.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2010, 09:32:19 PM »
Allan posted a new entry: http://www.wulander.com/2010/05/same-thang-different-place/

One location doesn't have a sign, and the other looks like a train station with a cropped sign with only "ZHOU" showing.

Most probably Suzhou, that means the first leg is in Ningbo and the second one in Suzhou or vice-versa. I think Allan is trying to distract us, by mixing pictures from the 1st and 2nd leg.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2010, 11:55:25 PM »

Most probably Suzhou, that means the first leg is in Ningbo and the second one in Suzhou or vice-versa. I think Allan is trying to distract us, by mixing pictures from the 1st and 2nd leg.

Assuming TARCR is going to take 20-25 days....

So TARA4 is going to start in end of May or early June ...

Tough for Allan ... and good for him as well...

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:05:20 AM by cabioTAR »
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2010, 03:06:42 AM »

Assuming TARCR is going to take 20-25 days....

So TARA4 is going to start in end of May or early June ...

Tough for Allan ... and good for him as well...

No it ends June 3rd.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2010, 07:08:08 AM »

Hello,I'm new here.
I know all the cities will be visited from newspaper  ,they are:shanghai,ningbo,changzhou,yangzhou,beijing,taian,qingdao,chengdu,lijiang,zhaoqing,hangzhou.

As I known,they start from shanghai-ningbo-suzhou-changzhou-yangzhou-beijing-...

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2010, 07:28:34 AM »
From press release, two teams have been emilinated before yangzhou leg.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2010, 07:48:42 AM »
Having just watched the video the so called Footballers came up with, I'm praying for a second season so I can redeem my country.  :res: That was the most pretentious and annoying 3 minute video I have ever seen, trust me when I say they are a very rare breed of Aussies- The Annoying, Snobbish Ones.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2010, 08:46:38 AM »

Hello,I'm new here.
I know all the cities will be visited from newspaper  ,they are:shanghai,ningbo,changzhou,yangzhou,beijing,taian,qingdao,chengdu,lijiang,zhaoqing,hangzhou.

As I known,they start from shanghai-ningbo-suzhou-changzhou-yangzhou-beijing-...

There are only 11 cities, they said there will be 12.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2010, 08:51:34 AM »
sorry I forgot suzhou and wuxi

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »
sorry I forgot suzhou and wuxi

so there are 13 cities?
and which is the name of that newspaper?
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2010, 08:55:15 AM »
I think they don't count shanghai because it's just start line ahd finish line.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2010, 08:57:29 AM »
I only have this, but it's in chinese.This press realese said all cities.
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=732707254

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2010, 08:58:45 AM »
I think they don't count shanghai because it's just start line ahd finish line.
oh, ok
so, is Suzhou after or before Wuxi.
Can you please give me an order of the cities includind Suzhou and Wuxi?
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2010, 08:59:11 AM »
I only have this, but it's in chinese.This press realese said all cities.
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=732707254

Thank you so much for that  :jumpy:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2010, 09:03:41 AM »
some spoilers:
http://bbs.hualongxiang.com/read-htm-tid-6272963.html

Thanks, weihen! And a HUGE :bigwelcome to you! ^_^

Quick and rough translation to English:
<posted 07 May 2010>
Large scale reality TV Programme "China Rush!" has come to Changzhou (常州) for filming

At Qingfeng Park (青枫公园), the racers who were the first in getting their clue sped off to the next route marker while reading their clue.

Foreigners were in Changzhou for a day of tension, suspense, and freshness (this phrase doesn't really translate well >.<)
At 1.30pm yesterday, a group of hurriedly walking foreigners with large backpacks appeared in Qingfeng Park (青枫公园), some doing rock-climbing within the park while others were trying out difficult tricks on skateboards.

By 2.30pm, after anxiously flagging down taxis, the teams were soon spotted in a 2nd floor work station at a Changzhou comb factory.  Each team of two search through baskets containing more than 2000 combs in order to find combs that were carved with the words "China Rush".

As the clock starts to strike 3pm, these same foreigners quickly make their way to the exercise area in Miduqiao Elementary School (觅渡桥小学) where each team is to plait braids for 10 students using the combs they found earlier.

After which, they continue on in Changzhou by foot, passing the Old City Walls (古城墙), Lai Meng area (莱蒙社区), the sunken city (春秋淹城 - some archaelogical ruins from the Spring-Autumn Period?) etc.

You must be curious as to who these foreigners are.  They have done quite a few weird and interesting tasks while visiting some fun and scenic Changzhou attractions, and all in the space of one day.

in actual fact, production crew of "China Rush" were in Changzhou yesterday to film some exciting moments.

"China Rush" aims to show the world the modern atmosphere and historical heritage of China's cities

At the location shoot, programme producer Xia Jing (夏靖) does a simple introduction to reporters:
The programme that's being shot at the moment is called "China Rush!", and is a reality series that showcases a widespread cultural experiences in Chinese cities to the world.  "From an international group of applicants, we have selected 20 people of a range of characters and races (i.e. skin color) from America, Canada, Kenya and various other nations, and they are competing in 10 teams in various tasks."

It isn't easy to sieve through 2000 combs just to find one with the words "China Rush!" on it.
Teams left the starting point at the Shanghai World Expo site on 28 April, and would be travelling through the country to 12 cities for a month on their own abilities.  During the month of travel, they would be showing the audience each city's unique blend of modernity and cultural heritage, demonstrating Shanghai World Expo site's theme of "Better City, Better Life".

"Teams and production teams would be at various cities from May to June for filming, with each episode lasting 1 hour.  All dialogue would be in English with Chines subtitles.  Walt Disney has already bought international broadcasting rights, and would be airing the show world-wide."

Changzhou - Leg 3
Changzhou would be the teams' third stop.

From Qingfeng Park to a comb factory to Lai Meng, and then to the Spring-Autumn sunken city, producer Xia Jing tells reporters  that prior to officially deciding the race route, the organizers came to Changzhou and were mesmerized by the juxtaposition of modern and tradition.  "We would like to show the world the real, charming side of Chinese cities.  You see, one of the racers even sent me a message saying that this is a very beautiful city."

After finding the comb, teams immediately go to Miduqiao Elementary School to comb and plait the hair of 10 schoolgirls
The leg in Changzhou is the same as all the other legs, and teams may be eliminated here.  Yesterday, 9 teams went through various tasks and trials at the fastest possible speed with the elimination of the team checking in last.  The reporters present feel that within the intense competition, there's also emotional and intellectual challenges.

The programme will premiere on 8 Aug on the Shanghai Foreign Language Channel (海外语频道), and on 15 Aug on CCTV-9.  Please keep an eye out for glimpses of Changzhou!

p/s.  Do let me know if I got any names of the places wrong... Not confident of the translation of places >.< Will try and track down some of the places later....