The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

This season is very.......

(1/2) > >>

swimmer12:
I would like to see everyone else's opinions on this season of the Amazing Race. I have watched the show from the beginning and have always loved it!

This season however i feel like it is very underwhelming. I dont know if it is budget cuts or what but i feel like the challenges have been VERY lame and easy, i feel like they have been taking busses everywhere. Also i feel like it is more of just go here, here, here then pitstop. Idk anyone else have a different opinion? I think the teams are great this time though. Except the father daughter, they have not gotten that much airtime yet.

Neobie:
Haha, everyone on the boards know that I'm totally in support of teams taking public transport everywhere. Tasks can be made harder, I agree, but they're somewhat culturally-related (except random condor flying) so I've no complaints so far.

I'm thinking this racecourse is technically sound (or at least designed much better than TARs 12-15), probably just need to hit the difficulty up one notch.

DavidJunior:
i feel the first two legs were almost smashed into 1 hour episodes.

IMO, if we had at least 1:30 for each of the first two legs, they would've been able to highlight the tasks more.

the problem was: important airport drama for leg 1, then important(ish) bus drama in leg 2.

yes, they could've cut some of that out, but then we wouldn't know how everyone is getting to these places at such crazy times (in some cases)

and since half the episodes were just getting there, it was made to seem like the teams were just breezing through the tasks.

i actually think the tasks were alright.  they weren't crazy intense, but the first couple legs aren't always like that

Caelestor:
I agree too much happened in the first leg. Not much happened in the second leg besides navigation and bus troubles.

On the other hand, this race is clearly stressing navigation and direction. Unfortunately, there are like 2 or 3 out of the 8 left that are competent in this expertise, as shown by the compass detour.

P.S. Remember TAR shows the various errors that teams make. This season, it seems there are at least 5 in each episode, which detracts airing time from other parts of the leg. However, these first 3 legs are much more enjoyable than TAR 15's first three.

mswood:

--- Quote from: swimmer12 on March 02, 2010, 12:00:45 AM ---I would like to see everyone else's opinions on this season of the Amazing Race. I have watched the show from the beginning and have always loved it!

This season however i feel like it is very underwhelming. I dont know if it is budget cuts or what but i feel like the challenges have been VERY lame and easy, i feel like they have been taking busses everywhere. Also i feel like it is more of just go here, here, here then pitstop. Idk anyone else have a different opinion? I think the teams are great this time though. Except the father daughter, they have not gotten that much airtime yet.

--- End quote ---
Yeah I have to disagree.  I have no problem with public transportation (though I don't like provided public transport like this leg), but we have already seen more navigation and scrambling for public transportation then we have had since season 11 or 12.  And that, that is a huge plus.  As for the tasks.  Well, episode one, I liked the tasks with both the having to make their own way to the airport (being something they haven't had to do since season 6), the overhead crossing was harder then most 1st episode air tasks (typically zip lines), the painting task wasn't difficult (finding it was apparently).  Episode #2 (fairly easy tasks and the only episode I have any real task problem with), This last episode, both tasks caused huge havok with the majority of racers so no real problem and it also included over 60km of self navigating so that s a huge plus in my book.

Compare this to last season.

A first leg, that had a task (that wasn't started until everyone got there, that was primarily decided by the host (not the racer, I hated that).  Really the only thing to give any challenge was the brief walk with the crowd. 

Episode #2 - Good tasks, no real self navigation.

Episode #3 - All taxi driven, with exceptionally easy tasks.

This season is much, much harder so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version