Author Topic: Worst Season  (Read 51706 times)

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
Re: Worst Season
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2022, 11:35:35 AM »
TAR24 (aka fake All-Stars) is the the worst season by a long mile and it's not even close. A terrible cast, awful route, and even worse tasks. No effort put in by production. A lot of the fanbase left after that.

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2023, 04:33:37 PM »
I'd like to nominate S22 and S23 for both being particularly bad.

Both S22 and S23 suffer from mediocre casting decisions. S22 has Dave/Connor, but most everyone else is completely boring and forgettable. S23 has Leo/Jamal while nearly everyone else is unmemorable. The routes in both seasons are honestly bland. The first quarter of S22 is essentially French Polynesia/Indonesia. The back end is lame as well with the Switzerland and Finale legs. I enjoyed the Germany/Northern Ireland legs though. Looking at S23, the route spent a lot of time in Western Europe and the legs themselves just didn't feel all that great. I do love the 2nd Indonesian pit stop though.

For how bad S24 was, I think these seasons were a precursor for what was to come

Offline rtvguy5750

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2023, 06:51:06 AM »
34 is my new least favourite, just completely sanitised and bland

Offline looseseal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2023, 07:12:57 AM »
I kept falling asleep while watching 34. If I wanted to waste my time watching a season with no substance, I'd watch Amazing Race Canada.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2023, 10:25:13 AM »
TAR34 is the worst but it's still miles better than half of the TARCAN seasons if we are considering also international seasons.

Offline looseseal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2023, 11:05:35 PM »
I kept falling asleep while watching 34. If I wanted to waste my time watching a season with no substance, I'd watch Amazing Race Canada.

35 might be just as bad if not worse with its sanitized edit and blandness along with a painfully long runtime and legs with almost no creativity. I'm completely baffled by how much this forum and everyone else is loving it.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2023, 04:45:29 AM »

35 might be just as bad if not worse with its sanitized edit and blandness along with a painfully long runtime and legs with almost no creativity. I'm completely baffled by how much this forum and everyone else is loving it.

The season we are talking about is Season 36. :funny: It's not bad compared to Season 35.

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2024, 06:19:32 AM »
Anything post-S32 could count as worst. Poor leg design, bad finales, "vanilla" casts that feel like knock-off versions of old-school ones, and minimal drama. I'm in no hurry to watch any post-S32 season, and the best of the bunch (S35), still has flaws, but at least it had a good finale and a few interesting teams

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2024, 07:27:01 AM »
35, easy
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman