Author Topic: Top 12 Girls Performance Discussion  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Top 12 Girls Performance Discussion
« on: February 24, 2010, 10:25:50 AM »
Top 12 Females

Didi Benami, 23, Hollywood, California
"The Way I Am" (Ingrid Michaelson)
She's very commercial her song suits her voice and personality... but parts of the song was really boring. Good but safe performance though.

Crystal Bowersox, 24, Elliston, Ohio
"Hand in My Pocket" (Alanis Morissette)
MY FAVOURITE THUS FAR AND I'LL PREDICT SHE'LL GO REALLY FAR! I'M ROOTING FOR HER TO WIN!!

Lacey Brown, 24, Amarillo, Texas
"Landslide" (Fleetwood Mac)
She reminds me of 2 very good girls last season, a combination of Alexis Grace and Allison Iraheta... does anyone agree with me? But her song was horrible and i really think she picked a wrong song. I would be shocked if she made it through...

Michelle Delamor, 22, Miami, Florida
"Fallin'" (Alicia Keys)
She gave me chills the moment she started singing. Omg, she's amazing and i love her voice! I would say good song choice, but the arrangements were a little weird, but nevertheless... a really good first impression and song choice....

Katelyn Epperly, 19, West Des Moines, Iowa
"Oh! Darling" (The Beatles)
Whacky personality, good vocals... i kinda like her.

Siobhan Magnus, 19, Barnstable, Massachusetts
"Wicked Game" (Chris Isaak)
I was mesmerized by her song and voice. I'll remember her voice and she actually has some personality going on... didn't blow me away but the song really gave me chills... very weird character though...??

Paige Miles, 24, Naples, Florida
"All Right Now" (Free)
I thought she couldn't really hit some of the notes but overall it was a good rendition of the song. Very good opener as well. Hope she makes it through, but i'm still not her fan.

Ashley Rodriguez, 22, Boston, Massachusetts
"Happy" (Leona Lewis)
I didn't thought she sang as bad as the judges gave their opinions. She made me love her song and she made me want to vote for her. I believe she'll be safe and she's definitely one of my favourite.

Lilly Scott, 20, Littleton, Colorado
"Fixing a Hole" (The Beatles)
It was original, it showed her personality, but i found her song extremely boring. I just can't find any reasons for me to actually love her song...

Katie Stevens, 17, Middlebury, Connecticut
"Feeling Good" (Nina Simone)
I thought she sang it really well and now i'm a fan as well! I hope she makes it through and i'm really impressed with her voice!

Haeley Vaughn, 16, Fort Collins, Colorado
"I Want to Hold Your Hand" (The Beatles)
Terrible. Painful and i hope she goes home. Especially since VFTW made her their pick... i really hope she doesn't go through.

Janell Wheeler, 24, Orlando, Florida
"What About Love" (Heart)
I actually LOVED it and now i'm a fan of her now! She has an amazing voice!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Top 12 Girls Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:42:32 AM »
OMG, there are just so many good girls this season....

Ranking (best to worst) -
Crystal Bowersox
Michelle Delamor
Janell Wheeler
Siobhan Magnus
Katie Stevens
Paige Miles
Katelyn Epperly
Didi Benami
Ashley Rodriguez
Lilly Scott

WORST PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT -
Lacey Brown
Haeley Vaughn

The problem with this season is that there are so many good singers that unless you're really good like Michelle or Crystal, you might not really receive enough votes to stand out and might be voted off when the really bad singers just barely scraped through to the next round.

With that said, i hope Lacey and Haley goes home tonight.... rooting for Ashley still and hoping America gives her a chance!

Fan of Crystal, Michelle and Ashley.. and yes, i'm rooting for a female to win this season too!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »
Thanks Joab for the recap and comments. I do think we might have a female winner this year although it was clear that there were a lot of nerves at play last night.

Haeley got the KOD comments from Simon and she was everything he said, verging on terrible, a complete and utter mess, not very good. I thought she was yelling and had an awful arrangement. She is so young I think she doesn't know what type of singer she really wants to be, she should have stuck with the black country sound that got her into the competition.

Lacey Brown, I can't even remember what she sang. Simon gave her the KOD treatment as well.

I love, love, LOVE Crystal Bowersox. She's unique. She needs to sing more though, not play the harmonica and distract us from her singing ability.

Tonight the guys!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
Great comments Joab.  My favorite by far is Crystal.  She truly is different from the rest.  It does look like they tried to whiten her teeth a bit.

I also see something unique with Lilly Scott.  I hope she gets some more time to grow on us.

Can't wait for the guys tonight.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 07:01:45 PM »
 :jumpy: Yes, Joab...great comments!  Thank you.  I agree w/you on the best & worst of the evening. :tup:
My favs are Siobhan & Crystal in that order.  They both rocked!  :wohoo: I love that Crystal plays guitar/harmonica!  Wow, it takes a lot of coordination to juggle those two instruments with vocals.

The worst IMO, were Ashley, Haeley & Janell...all off key.  :res:
My vote-off prediction: Ashley & Haeley (maybe Janell instead of Haeley, but I agree with Randy that Janell has a unique voice PLUS Simon says: "she'll stay..." !! )

I was horribly disappointed in red haired Lacey Brown! :'( Her audition was soooo much better. I fully expected her to ROCK the House! 
But I realize the first nite of the Top 24 was intimidating to all of them. 

Good Luck to them all.  I think this is one of the Best Top 12 gals ever!  :jam:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:05:16 PM »
Indeed, best top 12 girls and beats last season first top 12 group performance! Last season there were clearly only a few who stood out.. this season is different.. there were only few who're bad!! :lol:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 01:26:17 PM »
I loved Lily & Michelle. :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!