Author Topic: Amazing Race In The News  (Read 65389 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: Amazing Race In The News
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2010, 10:25:25 PM »
Personally I don't know what Donald Trump's problem is.  (:;) I don't know a single person who watches 'The Apprentice'. TAR and Survivor are the two best reality shows, period.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 07:16:45 PM »
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/amazing-races-best-thrills-and-spills/story-e6frfmyi-1225971343461

The season 17 finale is being shown in Australia tomorrow night. This is only part of the article, you can find the entire piece via the link.

The best, worst and most disgusting moments of The Amazing Race

JUST what would you do for a million dollars?

We’ve seen contestants eat bugs, jump off buildings, get covered in the unthinkable, and all on minimum sleep and without being able to communicate with the locals.

While it’s nice to see the sights of the world, let’s face it, we watch the Amazing Race because we love it when things go wrong - the misread clues, the scheming, the dummy spits, the fights and the stacks.

Here are some of the most memorable and dramatic moments from the show's seventeen seasons.

That's gotta hurt
Never has the phrase “right in the kisser” been more prophetic than when Claire came off second best during a challenge involving a slingshot and a watermelon.

Brook doesn’t really seem like the nurturing type, telling Claire: “You have to finish, they don’t call it the Amazing Race for nothing.”

Guess one million big ones will toughen a girl up, although we reckon she’d have been finding watermelon seeds in her hair for days.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 01:49:14 AM »
Thank you so much ovalorange for sharing that link!  :cmas20 Brought back some memories.  :cmas9

:hearts: Charla & Mirna are all over the video!  :cmas19

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 05:22:54 PM »
Personally I don't know what Donald Trump's problem is.  (:;) I don't know a single person who watches 'The Apprentice'. TAR and Survivor are the two best reality shows, period.

This is of course a matter of personal taste. I not only watch every episode of The Apprentice, if you check the Apprentice threads (found in Other Reality TV Shows & News) for the past 4 season I have recapped every episode.

As for which reality TV program is the best, I believe the Emmy Awards in 2010 got it right. Top Chef (you can also check my recaps of most season of Top chef and every episode in the Top Chef threads (found in the same place as above) was the best, with the Amazing Race close behind. Those are my personal opinions. Feel free to express your own.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »
Well said, apskip. I also don't think TAR15 and TAR16 as a whole were the show's best offerings; it was a bit of a down year for the Race.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 05:34:37 PM »

This is of course a matter of personal taste. I not only watch every episode of The Apprentice, if you check the Apprentice threads (found in Other Reality TV Shows & News) for the past 4 season I have recapped every episode.

As for which reality TV program is the best, I believe the Emmy Awards in 2010 got it right. Top Chef (you can also check my recaps of most season of Top chef and every episode in the Top Chef threads (found in the same place as above) was the best, with the Amazing Race close behind. Those are my personal opinions. Feel free to express your own.

Thank you for the recaps you write, apskip!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »
Tonight at 9pm on the Travel Channel Andrew Zimmern takes Bizarre Foods to an uncommonly visited place many of us enjoyed during AR10, Madagascar. Included are scenes around Antananarivo, with a different slant than when Dustin/Kandice pulled out the first victory ever overcoming an Intersected FAST FORWARD and where David/Mary allowed themselves to be sacrificial lams to allow Lyn/Karlyn to stay in the race. I bet many of you did not even know that Andrew Zimmern has a wife, but Rishia makes her first appearance ever on Bizarre Foods on the trip to Madagascar. An article in the local Minneapolis/st. Paul newspaper where they live has reported that she is the one typically making family meals starting from about one year ago. Their son is currently 6 years old if I add 3 years from March 2008 when he was reported to be age 3.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 12:28:40 PM »
Former host of CBS.com's The Finish Line, Peggy Bunker, will anchor ABC's World News Now for the next two months.

Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2011, 01:29:07 AM »
Oh good for her! Thanks Ken!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011, 03:20:52 AM »
http://www.goldderby.com/television/news/1163/can-losing-contestants-win-the-amazing-race-an-eighth-emmy.html

Can losing contestants win 'The Amazing Race' an eighth Emmy?

Last year, the seven-year winning streak of "The Amazing Race" at the Emmy Awards was halted when "Top Chef" won Best Reality Competition Series. That this CBS staple lost was a surprise in itself but that it was not beaten by ratings powerhouse "American Idol" came as the real shocker.  That hugely popular talent show had never won this award but was thought to have its strongest entry ever with the season finale that included a surprisingly touching tribute to departing judge Simon Cowell.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 05:49:29 PM »
Thanks for sharing....I really appreciate it.

We do too.  :boot:

:waves: spammer!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 03:57:09 PM »
Blake Mycoskie is scheduled to be on Tavis Smiley on Friday, September 9.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/interviews/toms-shoes-founder-blake-mycoskie/

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
TAR in the Media (non-season specific)
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
If there is already such a thread for articles that concern TAR generally and not a specific season, I couldn't find it, but this article affects how CBS plans TAR scheduling for the next decade:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/14/2546419/nfl-renews-television-deals-with.html
NFL renews television deals with CBS, Fox and NBC

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The NFL has renewed its television deals with CBS, Fox and NBC for nine years through the 2022 season, the league announced Wednesday.

The current contracts expire after the 2013 season.

The deals will also expand the number of Thursday night games on NFL Network, but the league has not determined how many additional contests will be aired.

"These agreements underscore the NFL's unique commitment to broadcast television that no other sport has," Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "The agreements would not have been possible without our new 10-year labor agreement and the players deserve great credit. Long-term labor peace is allowing the NFL to continue to grow and the biggest beneficiaries are the players and fans."

Earlier this season, the NFL and ESPN reached an eight-year extension to keep "Monday Night Football" on the cable channel through the 2021 season.

CBS, Fox and NBC will each televise three Super Bowls during the term of the contracts, continuing the current rotation.

The nine-year terms are the longest for NFL television agreements with over-the-air broadcast networks. The previous longest were the eight-year deals with CBS, Fox and ABC from 1998-2005.

CBS will continue to show the AFC package on Sunday afternoons as it has since 1998, while Fox still has the NFC package that it first acquired in 1994.

"Sunday Night Football" will remain on NBC, which picked it up in 2006. The network will add the annual Thanksgiving prime-time game starting in 2012.

Flexible scheduling will stay in effect to ensure quality late-season matchups on Sunday late afternoons and nights. It will be expanded in 2014, with the details yet to be worked out.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/14/2546419/nfl-renews-television-deals-with.html#ixzz1gY1ItC9Z

-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 06:55:17 PM »
Can you explain how the NFL contracts affect TAR? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 07:14:19 PM »
NFL Doubleheader overruns, Peach. Means CBS will be dealing with those in the autumn through 2022.  :cmas16
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 08:25:05 PM »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 08:07:48 PM »
We're in for another nomination guys!!   :yess:

Fresh from the oven : http://www.producersguild.org/news/80252/PGA-ANNOUNCES-THEATRICAL-MOTION-PICTURE-AND-LONG-FORM-TELEVISION-NOMINATIONS-FOR-2012-PGA-AWARDS.htm

PGA ANNOUNCES THEATRICAL MOTION PICTURE AND LONG-FORM TELEVISION NOMINATIONS FOR 2012 PGA AWARDS

7 hours ago      (0 Comments)
Share |

LOS ANGELES, CA (January 3, 2012) – The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today the motion picture and long-form television nominations for the 23rd Annual Producers Guild Awards. The categories include: The Darryl F. Zanuck Producer of the Year Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures; The Producers Guild of America Producer of the Year Award in Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures; and The David L. Wolper Producer of the Year Award in Long-Form Television. The documentary film category and other television category nominations were already announced by the Guild in December 2011.

All 2012 Producers Guild Award winners will be announced on January 21, 2012 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. This year, the Producers Guild will also award special honors to Leslie Moonves (Milestone Award), Steven Spielberg (David O. Selznick Achievement Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures), Don Mischer (Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television), Stan Lee (Vanguard Award), and IN THE LAND OF BLOOD AND HONEY (The Stanley Kramer Award). The 2012 Producers Guild Awards co-chairs are Paula Wagner and Michael Manheim.

The 2012 Producers Guild nominated films and television programs are listed below in alphabetical order by category, along with producers. The producers’ names listed for each nominated production are listed in alphabetical order and are not necessarily the proper order of credits.

The theatrical motion picture nominees are:

Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures:
- THE ARTIST
- BRIDESMAIDS
- THE DESCENDANTS
- THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
- THE HELP
- HUGO
- THE IDES OF MARCH
- MIDNIGHT IN PARIS
- MONEYBALL
- WAR HORSE

The Producers Guild Award for Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures:
- THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN
- CARS 2
- KUNG FU PANDA 2
PUSS IN BOOTS
RANGO

The television nominees are:

The David L. Wolper Award for Outstanding Producer of Long-Form Television:
"Cinema Verite” (HBO)
"Downton Abbey” (Masterpiece) (PBS)
"The Kennedys” (ReelzChannel)
"Mildred Pierce” (HBO)
"Too Big To Fail” (HBO)

*The Long-Form Television category encompasses both movies of the week and mini-series.

In December 2011, the Producers Guild of America announced the Documentary Theatrical Motion Picture, Television Series and Non-Fiction Television Nominations; the following list includes complete producer credits.

The Producers Guild Award for Outstanding Producer of Documentary Theatrical Motion Pictures:

BEATS, RHYMES & LIFE: THE TRAVELS OF A TRIBE CALLED QUEST
BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK
PROJECT NIM
SENNA
THE UNION

The Danny Thomas Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy:

"30 Rock” (NBC)
"The Big Bang Theory” (CBS)
"Glee" (FOX)
"Modern Family” (ABC)
"Parks and Recreation” (NBC)

The Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama:

"Boardwalk Empire” (HBO)
"Dexter” (Showtime)
"Game of Thrones” (HBO)
"The Good Wife” (CBS)
"Mad Men” (AMC)

The Producers Guild Award for Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment & Talk Television:

"The Colbert Report” (Comedy Central)
"The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (Syndicated)
"Real Time with Bill Maher” (HBO)
"Saturday Night Live” (NBC)
"The 64th Annual Tony Awards” (CBS)

The Producers Guild Award for Outstanding Producer of Competition Television:

"The Amazing Race” (CBS)
Producers: Jerry Bruckheimer, Elise Doganieri, Jonathan Littman, Bertram van Munster, Mark Vertullo

"American Idol” (FOX)
Producers: Charles Boyd, Cecile Frot-Coutaz, Simon Fuller, Patrick Lynn, Nigel Lythgoe, Megan Michaels, Ken Warwick

"Dancing with the Stars” (ABC)
Producers: Ashley Edens Shaffer, Conrad Green, Joe Sungkur, Rob Wade

"Project Runway” (Lifetime)
Producers: Jane Cha Cutler, Desiree Gruber, Tim Gunn, Heidi Klum, Jonathan Murray, Sara Rea, Colleen Sands

"Top Chef” (Bravo)
Producers: Daniel Cutforth, Casey Kriley, Jane Lipsitz, Dan Murphy, Nan Strait

The Producers Guild Award for Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television:

"30 for 30” (ESPN)
"American Masters” (PBS)
"Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations” (Travel Channel)
"Deadliest Catch” (Discovery Channel)
"Undercover Boss” (CBS)

**Below are new categories for the 2012 Producers Guild Awards; three television categories and one web category. As such, these programs were not vetted for producer eligibility this year but winners in these categories will be announced at the official ceremony on January 21st:

News Programs:

"Anderson Cooper 360” (CNN)
"BBC World News America” (BBC)
"NBC News with Brian Williams” (NBC)
"The Rachel Maddow Show” (MSNBC)
"60 Minutes” (CBS)

Sports Programs: (*There was a tie, which is why there are six nominees.)

"Monday Night Football” (ESPN)
"Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel” (HBO)
"Sports Center” (ESPN)
"30 for 30” (ESPN)
"2010 FIFA World Cup” (ABC / ESPN / ESPN2)
"U.S. Open Tennis Championship” (CBS / ESPN2 / Tennis Channel)

Children’s Programs:

"Dora the Explorer” (Nickelodeon)
"iCarly” (Nickelodeon)
"Phineas and Ferb” (Disney Channel)
"Sesame Street” (PBS)
"SpongeBob Squarepants” (Nickelodeon)

Web Series:

"Ask a Ninja” (blip.tv)
"The Guild” (WatchTheGuild.com)
"Parks and Recreation Presents: ‘April & Andy’s Road Trip’” (NBC.com)
"30 Rock Presents Jack Donaghy, Executive Superhero” (NBC.com)
"Web Therapy” (LStudio.com)

About the Producers Guild of America

The Producers Guild of America is the non-profit trade group that represents, protects and promotes the interests of all members of the producing team in film, television and new media. The PGA has over 4,750 members who work together to protect and improve their careers, the industry and community by providing members with health benefits, employment opportunities, the creation of fair and impartial standards for the awarding of producing credits, as well as other education and advocacy efforts such as promoting sustainable production practices. Visit www.producersguild.org and www.pgagreen.org for more information.
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2012, 02:53:47 AM »
barely check out the above for the news again, I guess we're winning the votes..!! well..oh..well..  :lol:

Official statement :

AmazingRace_CBS The Amazing Race
Congrats to #AmazingRace for winning Best Reality Competition Series in @tvdotcom's Best of 2011! Thanks for voting! bit.ly/uE8C7a
9 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 04:43:27 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the same as the Producer's Guild, but here's a Director's Guild nomination for TAR for Bertram Van Munster and the team - Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Reality Programs for 2011 .  :hearts:

http://www.dga.org/Awards/Annual.aspx#reality

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »
Different organization, different award.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »
This is not exactly Amazing Race news, but it is news about Bertram Van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tnt-great-esape-amazing-race-279208

TNT Orders Reality Series From 'The Amazing Race' Team

Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Bertram Van Munster are among the executive producers of "The Great Escape."

TNT has ordered adventure reality series The Great Escape.

From Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and The Amazing Race's Bertram Van Munster and Elise Doganieri, the series has been picked up for 10 episodes with an eye for a summer launch.

To be hosted by NFL Total Access' Rich Eisen, The Great Escape thrusts ordinary people -- put in teams -- into their own version of a action-adventure film. Contestants will have to try to overcome obstacles, solve puzzles and be the first to get out to win the grand prize.

The series, which is being produced by Fox TV Studios, Imagine Entertainment, The Hochberg Ebersol Co. and Profiles TV Prods., is a big step for TNT as it continues to dip its toe in the reality space.

“The Great Escape is a fast-paced series with all the heart-pounding excitement and nail-biting suspense of a summer popcorn movie,” said the network's executive vp of programming Michael Wright in a statement. “This is exactly the kind of fun, smart, unscripted competition show we've been looking for to complement TNT's entertaining lineup of scripted dramas.”

Executive producers include Grazer, Howard, Van Munster, Doganieri, Francie Calfo, Charlie Ebersol and Justin Hochberg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »
Congrats to the TAR Producers!!

Producers Guild Award winner for Best Reality Television: The Amazing Race
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »
An update to a previously reported story: "Amazing Race" Producer Dead in Africa of Suspected Cocaine OD

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 05:18:20 AM »
Assistant found unconscious next to dead Amazing Race producer who'd swallowed cocaine is barred from leaving Uganda

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105055/Katheryn-Fuller-Assistant-Amazing-Race-TV-producer-dead-hotel-held-Uganda-face-drugs-charges.html#ixzz1nM8FX1PQ

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2013, 12:19:45 PM »
With The Amazing Race at ALIS
We had the honor of presenting the ALIS Innovation Award to Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri, co-creators and executive producers of the CBS hit show The Amazing Race, at the Nokia Theatre at L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles.

http://www.burbahayes.com/with-the-amazing-race-at-alis/

‘The Amazing Race’ to be Honored with ALIS Innovation Award December 12, 2012 The Emmy Award-winning reality television series, ‘The Amazing Race,’ will receive the prestigious ALIS Innovation Award at the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), January 22-24, 2013, in Los Angeles.  The award is being presented on the first day of the conference to the popular CBS show for the innovative spotlight it shines on the travel and tourism industry.  Accepting the award on behalf of ‘The Amazing Race’ will be executive producers/co-creators Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.
“We are pleased and excited to be honoring ‘The Amazing Race’ with the Innovation Award,” said Jim Burba, president of BHN, and chair of ALIS.  “It’s only fitting that the world’s largest annual gathering of the hotel investment community honors this very innovative portrayal of travel and tourism.  Additionally, it is continually exposing its millions of viewers to new and exciting travel destinations around the world.”

http://burba.com/the-amazing-race-to-be-honored-with-alis-innovation-award/
RFF's Golden Rule: