Author Topic: Amazing Race In The News  (Read 65686 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race In The News
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2017, 07:47:26 PM »
That's a riot!! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2017, 08:50:05 PM »
Clue on tonight's episode of Jeopardy (Not exactly sure where to put this :lol:)

The sad part was that no one buzzed in- they had no idea what TAR was. :(
Por ti volaré

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2017, 10:27:16 PM »
The ending was crazy!

The winner won with just $1

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2018, 02:25:21 AM »
April 26, 2010
Trump: 'Amazing Race' doesn't deserve Emmys
 By Randee Dawn

It wouldn't be Emmy season without some old-fashioned trash-talking.

Donald Trump is taking aim at perennial outstanding reality competition series winner "Amazing Race," the only show to take home the prize since its inception in 2003.

“It’s a shame that 'Amazing Race’ keeps winning, because it doesn’t deserve to win it," Trump tells THR. “It wins every year because they know how to politic the Emmys."

Just so happens that 'Race' is in competition with Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice," which the Donald believes -- shocker -- is having one of its best seasons ever.

He says he fully expects not just an Emmy nomination in the reality competition category (which would be the series' third, the first two being for non-celebrity cycles) but a triumphant win on Aug. 29.

Well, if that pesky "Race" would just get out of his way.

Trump believes the predictability in the reality competition category has contributed to the recent decline in Emmy ratings (though last year’s telecast was up by more than 1 million viewers from 2008).

“They’ve lost credibility,” Trump says of voters. “Instead of shows that deserve to win, they pick 'Amazing Race.' It’s a very sad commentary.”

Perhaps Trump is sore over what happened in 2004, the first year that "Apprentice" and "Race" faced off. Ever assured, Trump recalls he was halfway out of his seat when the Emmy presenter began announcing "Race" as the winner.

"I was standing up to go down there and pick up the Emmy,” he says. "Incredible. It’s a joke. If the Emmys want their ratings back, they have to pick shows that deserve it."

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/04/donald-trump-amazing-race-emmys.html

OK, after 8 1/2 years, this may be the most delayed follow up in the history of RFF, but I thought it was interesting. Thanks to Peach for pointing me to the quoted post.

Somebody is still annoyed about the 2004 Emmys.

“The Apprentice” was on the president’s mind as he explained why he thought he wouldn’t be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for his work with North Korea.

“Well, they’ll never give it to me. We should have gotten the Emmy for ‘The Apprentice,’ you know?” Trump said. “I had the No. 1 show, ‘The Apprentice.’ Arnold Schwarzenegger blew it. Big movie star. It was dead in two nights. I had it for 14 seasons.”

Trump recalled being at The Emmys after “The Apprentice’s” first season in 2004 when the show lost to “The Amazing Race.” It lost to “The Amazing Race” in 2005 as well.

“So they’re saying he’s done a magnificent job, this show has gone to the top of the heap … and the winner is, and I stood up … and they said ‘Amazing Race’ and I said, ‘You’ve got to be kidding?’ That show was terrible,” Trump said. “ ‘Amazing Race’ got it because ‘Amazing Race’ was the establishment.”

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/trump-says-hes-done-with-the-apprentice-after-schwarzenegger-blew-it/

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2018, 04:01:18 AM »
Old mate Trumpy doesn't like TAR, because it visits countries he doesn't like!  :funny:

Offline HenryTam

• RFF Newbie
Amazing Race In The News
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2019, 12:39:39 PM »
WTF Im sick of The Amazing Race being late EVERY week because of football They should just cut 60 minutes short and air TAR at 8 60 minutes attracts the elderly - those arent quality viewers I am unimpressed.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2019, 07:35:03 PM »
WTF Im sick of The Amazing Race being late EVERY week because of football They should just cut 60 minutes short and air TAR at 8 60 minutes attracts the elderly - those arent quality viewers I am unimpressed.

OK, I've been dethroned. This is probably the most delayed follow up post ever.

TAR hasn't been on Sunday nights for a while now. The last few seasons (and the upcoming one) have been on Wednesday nights. No more football delays.

By the way, welcome to RFF, HenryTam!

:bigwelcome
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 07:48:28 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2019, 10:54:40 PM »
Damn spammers are getting creative....

Thanks Plaid but he is :boot:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2019, 10:54:35 AM »
LOL
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »
April 26, 2010
Trump: 'Amazing Race' doesn't deserve Emmys
 By Randee Dawn

It wouldn't be Emmy season without some old-fashioned trash-talking.

Donald Trump is taking aim at perennial outstanding reality competition series winner "Amazing Race," the only show to take home the prize since its inception in 2003.

“It’s a shame that 'Amazing Race’ keeps winning, because it doesn’t deserve to win it," Trump tells THR. “It wins every year because they know how to politic the Emmys."

Just so happens that 'Race' is in competition with Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice," which the Donald believes -- shocker -- is having one of its best seasons ever.

He says he fully expects not just an Emmy nomination in the reality competition category (which would be the series' third, the first two being for non-celebrity cycles) but a triumphant win on Aug. 29.

Well, if that pesky "Race" would just get out of his way.

Trump believes the predictability in the reality competition category has contributed to the recent decline in Emmy ratings (though last year’s telecast was up by more than 1 million viewers from 2008).

“They’ve lost credibility,” Trump says of voters. “Instead of shows that deserve to win, they pick 'Amazing Race.' It’s a very sad commentary.”

Perhaps Trump is sore over what happened in 2004, the first year that "Apprentice" and "Race" faced off. Ever assured, Trump recalls he was halfway out of his seat when the Emmy presenter began announcing "Race" as the winner.

"I was standing up to go down there and pick up the Emmy,” he says. "Incredible. It’s a joke. If the Emmys want their ratings back, they have to pick shows that deserve it."

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/04/donald-trump-amazing-race-emmys.html

OK, after 8 1/2 years, this may be the most delayed follow up in the history of RFF, but I thought it was interesting. Thanks to Peach for pointing me to the quoted post.

Somebody is still annoyed about the 2004 Emmys.

“The Apprentice” was on the president’s mind as he explained why he thought he wouldn’t be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for his work with North Korea.

“Well, they’ll never give it to me. We should have gotten the Emmy for ‘The Apprentice,’ you know?” Trump said. “I had the No. 1 show, ‘The Apprentice.’ Arnold Schwarzenegger blew it. Big movie star. It was dead in two nights. I had it for 14 seasons.”

Trump recalled being at The Emmys after “The Apprentice’s” first season in 2004 when the show lost to “The Amazing Race.” It lost to “The Amazing Race” in 2005 as well.

“So they’re saying he’s done a magnificent job, this show has gone to the top of the heap … and the winner is, and I stood up … and they said ‘Amazing Race’ and I said, ‘You’ve got to be kidding?’ That show was terrible,” Trump said. “ ‘Amazing Race’ got it because ‘Amazing Race’ was the establishment.”

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/trump-says-hes-done-with-the-apprentice-after-schwarzenegger-blew-it/

TAR stays winning!  :clap2: