Author Topic: Amazing Race In The News  (Read 65399 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race In The News
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2015, 07:49:10 PM »
Bill Murray loves TAR!

What reality show would be best for Bill?

Flavor Of Love. The idea that he had some of the most, would I consider maybe
not the most desirable women in the world, they were really nutty. I mean really
crazy. I'd think The Amazing Race. It was like a show I watched in Paris,
similar to that. One episode I saw, they had to fight their way to the top of a
hotel in Singapore, and answer impossible questions. I used to watch it just to
see people completely fall apart. They would try to answer, and it would kill
them. But The Amazing Race looks like a lot of fun. You get to go to a bunch of
places. It calls on all your skills. I tell people, if you want to get married,
travel around the world first. Cause then you get to know people better. Its a
test of wills to travel. I think The Amazing Race would be fun

http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/bill-murray-rock-the-kasbah-reddit-ama.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2016, 02:46:23 PM »
Interesting read on the Cartagena Filming of TAR 28!

Cumbia Films production served for two chapters of the hit reality The Amazing Race

Friday, June 3rd, 2016

One of the reality shows most successful US, winner of 15 Grammys, The Amazing Race , first visited Colombia. World Race Productions, the production company responsible for the show with more seasons in the history of television in the United States, chose the production company based in Cartagena, Cumbia Films, to be the local fixer two episodes. It was three months of working with a team of 460 people , including technical equipment, production, extras, security personnel, transportation, etc., where the results exceeded all expectations and reaffirmed the quality of Colombian audiovisual industry.

The Amazing Race is a reality show that has several teams who undergo an arduous career watching around the world, contesting for a million dollars. It is currently broadcasting the season 28 by the giant US television network CBS , adding about 330 episodes broadcast on schedule prime time . These have earned 15 Emmys, of the 68 times that earned nominations.

The project began in August 2015 when World Race Productions, producer of reality , the Film Commission expressed its interest to record the second and third episode of the season 28 in Cartagena. Subsequently, Cumbia Films submitted a proposal to show that led to a process of scouting several weeks to get the perfect locations in the city. In September, different tests on selected sites to ensure that conditions were given at the time of participation of the different contestants were performed. For the month of October, it began the process of recruiting human talent, which was quite demanding by the size of crew production required. Being a reality show consisting of a race observer, production must move to the rhythm of the participants who had a camera and sound equipment traveling with them from the beginning of the season. Among other services provided, Cumbia Films also supported with sound and camera location at fixed points.

November was the month of shooting. Pre-production took place during the 10 days prior to the shooting that took place on 17 and 18 of that month. It worked in more than 12 locations in Cartagena which highlights Manzanillo del Mar, the volcano Totumo, the Historic Center, Castillo San Felipe de Barajas, shuffleboard Ciracari, bus route Zaragocilla, and key points around the city . During the process involved extensive local participation, where besides the construction equipment locations and many extras, he had the support of the police in Cartagena, paramedics and local civil defense and Corpoturismo.

World Race Productions expressed satisfaction with the services provided by Cumbia Films, which in addition to providing services in Cartagena, Colombia, does the same in Los Angeles, United States. Cumbia Films is comprised of an interdisciplinary team of professionals in areas such as audiovisual, art, communication, photography, among others; united by their love to tell stories visually. His work includes music videos for artists like Kali Uchis, Palenke Soultribe, Petrona Martinez, LAORA and Ricky Martin, for which they made local production. He has also made documentaries short films and advertising spots, among other productions.

http://locationcolombia.com/?p=40213
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2016, 10:39:52 PM »
Not exactly "the media", but TAR popped up on reddit today.

You know, it really depends on the type of show you are on because they vary so wildly in style. I've worked on a number of reality shows as a lighting technician, the ones I can remember the most are the amazing race, the great escape, kitchen nightmares, and twinning.
Shows like the amazing race and the great escape on the other hand are pretty dang real. Because of the obstacles and challenges they are interesting enough without the producers interfering that much. On the great escape because of the style of the show, we would go back the next day and reshoot key moments in a cinematic way to push that style. While it was "fake" it was still pretty dang real.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2016, 05:30:19 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2016, 04:15:19 AM »
Wow!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2016, 08:40:30 AM »
I'm surprised tbh.... :lol:
What was TAR against?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2016, 06:49:32 AM »
From realitytelevisionawards.com:

For the Overall Show Award, TAR beat out

America Ninja Warrior
Big Brother
Deadliest Catch
Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef Jr.
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Shark Tank
Survivor

TAR was also nominated for Editing, Competition Show and Bad Ass Crew, but lost those. I'm surprised to see 10 nominees from 9 shows for Best Host, but none of them were Phil.

I'm also surprised to see 8 nominees for Best Reality TV Website and none were RFF. The nominees were
MediaTakeout.com
PerezHilton.com
RadarOnline.com
RealityBlurred.com
Realscreen.com
RealitySteve.com
RealityTea.com
TMZ.com

TMZ.com won.

There is a link on their website labeled "VOTE" that goes to a page saying voting has ended, so it may have been a public vote.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:07:50 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2016, 08:40:24 AM »
Well, I would have been surprised if RFF had been nominated, because we're only a forum as opposed to the other nominees and we don't publish our own articles, or stuff like that. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2016, 08:45:25 PM »
Thanks docol!! Great news!!

TAR got nominated for "Best Reality Competition Series"...here's the link  :conf:

http://deadline.com/2016/11/television-nominees-for-2016-critics-choice-awards-unveiled-1201853806/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2016, 01:48:15 PM »
The California On Location Award! 2016

LOCATION MANAGER OF THE YEAR – REALITY TELEVISION

WINNER

Deven Chierighino

“Amazing Race: Season Finale” – CBS Television Studios/ABC Studios

http://www.californiaonlocationawards.com/winners2015-1.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2016, 10:27:48 AM »
We are WAY off topic here. This is the NEWS thread. Moving the great separating teams Discussion over to the Discussion Thread so please continue it there.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,22643.msg1186092.html#msg1186092
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:34:11 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »
excerpt:

Elise: Something that’s really incredible, over the last 29 seasons of The Amazing Race, we’ve traveled over 1 million miles in the air, and we’ve visited nearly 100 countries. I think, if you ask anybody who was a contestant on The Amazing Race or anybody that’s worked on the crew, people just can’t wait to get back on the show and do it all over again.

So, you’ve won 10 Emmys for Outstanding Reality-Competition Series out of 14 nominations. What does that feel like for you as producers?

Elise: We’ve been nominated in the category every year since its inception in 2003. The first that the category existed was one of the most amazing moments of our career. It meant so much to be noticed by and nominated by our peers. We never feel like we’re going to win again. Every time we’ve won, it’s always a shock. It’s pretty spectacular and special. The people that we work with, our crew, are some of the best producers, cameramen, and storytellers. The cast is always amazing. We’re just so fortunate to work with some of the best people in the business.

Bertram: We have this wave of enthusiasm for our colleagues who work on the show here in the States. They’re so enthusiastic to work on it because it’s so original and so much fun to do. We are humbled by the Emmys each and every time, but we also set a very high standard. It’s so nice to be recognized by our peers in the Academy.

How are you keeping The Amazing Race fresh after 29 seasons?

Bertram: We try to keep it fresh by being really original through the creative process. Elise and I work very well together. We have plenty of back and forth between us, but we work well together. She is incredibly creative as a person, and I know the world really well, what to do, and what to anticipate. That’s not something you can improvise.

Elise: Keeping it fresh is also a matter of casting too. Are there little tweaks that we can do in every season that still stay true to the show and what we do? Bertram always says that the world is a very big place, and there are so many places we haven’t been yet that we still want to go to. We introduce new countries, new cultures. The backdrop forever changes. Even if we return to a place that we might have been to before, it looks a little different every time you go back.

What about Season 29 excites you?

Elise: We tried something new with this cast because they didn’t know each other going into it. It really became a social experiment of relationships. Putting people together that didn’t know each other turned out really interesting. We got to cast really strong solo people and put a team of two together. Sometimes when we’re casting, you have a great team, but one person is much stronger or maybe has a bigger personality. But when you can cast single people and put them together, you can cast people that have incredible personalities across the board. When you put that together, you get pretty explosive casting.

Bertram: It also has drawbacks. I feel very strong about the original format. Casting gimmicks I’m generally not crazy about. I feel the original concept is very strong, but I may be fully in the minority on that one.

Elise: No, I agree with Bertram on that too, but it’s nice to switch things up. The other thing I love about Season 29 is all the continents that we hit. We go to Panama, Brazil, Tanzania, Norway, Italy, Greece, Vietnam, and South Korea.

Anything exciting planned for Season 30?

Elise: It’s going to be big. Bertram and I have a lot of ideas, and that is to be seen! [Laughs]

More here:

http://www.awardsdaily.com/2017/06/01/interview-amazing-race-producers/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2017, 07:16:55 PM »
I sincerely hope that by "it's going to be big", they mean the route/tasks/variety of the cast and not another gimmick or All-Stars season.. :/

Offline Washingtonian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2017, 10:22:40 PM »
Amazing Race WINS Realscreen Award for BEST REALITY Competition Show!

Huge congrats to the whole TAR team!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2017, 01:30:17 AM »
THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!!!

Well doen TAR!!!  :conf: :hoot: :bunny

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »
http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/curriculum/2017/08/teaching_geography_using_the_amazing_race.html

Very interesting article about a professor using TAR to teach Geography and others!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2017, 03:17:14 PM »
I stumbled upon this tidbit on Twitter earlier and I'll put it here because I'm not sure where else to put it. 

Jessica Bray‏
@kycountrymusic
Rafael Calderon reflecting on when he and Troy Gentry contemplating entering the Amazing Race.
9:51 AM - 14 Sep 2017

Troy Gentry was a part of the country music duo Montgomery Gentry. Troy died in a helicopter crash last week and the funeral was a couple of days ago. This tweet was from a series of tweets describing either the funeral or more likely at a celebration of his life being held today at the Grand Old Opry in Nashville. Raphael Calderon was apparently a long time friend and mentioned the possibility of them appearing on TAR during his eulogy for Troy.

There's no mention as to when this happened but I thought it would be interesting to RFF to know when a celebrity was considering being on the show.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2017, 11:00:27 PM »
69 second TAR Q&A with BVM and Elise!

Guess where Elise wants us to go?? Clue: My most wanted too!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/14/69th-emmy-awards-bertram-van-munster-elise-doganieri/#
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2017, 08:45:08 AM »
69 second TAR Q&A with BVM and Elise!

Guess where Elise wants us to go?? Clue: My most wanted too!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/14/69th-emmy-awards-bertram-van-munster-elise-doganieri/#

Me too, I love that country. I really do hope it gets visited next season!!!  :conf: It has been a long time since it was last visited. There's a reason why it's called "Africa's Playground" and it was ranked this year as the safest and most peaceful African country.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:58:24 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2017, 01:33:31 AM »
A Youtube video about the NYC start from a videographer's point of view.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2017, 03:55:31 AM »
NICE!! :tu
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2017, 01:17:07 PM »
Awesome Interview with TAR DP Peter Rieveshl on TAR camera filming:

https://blog.sharegrid.com/blog/how-the-amazing-race-dp-travels-the-world-with-one-bag-of-gear
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »
Clue on tonight's episode of Jeopardy (Not exactly sure where to put this :lol:)