The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race In The News

<< < (3/22) > >>

Cocoa:
For me, Survivor wins the emmy. Apprentice? NOT A CHANCE.  :lol:

Coutzy:
Granted Celebrity Apprentice is the best cycle they have had (In my opinion, at least) But really, it cannot hold a candle to Survivor and Race. Even American Idol is more entertaining than Apprentice.

theschnauzers:
I only watched Celebrity Apprentice last night because nothing else was really on except the Hallmark Hall of Fame (not interested) and I wanted to (a) see that Australian chef was still on (he was) and to see if they acknowledged Bret's illness (they did, at the end after the closing credits).

Meanwhile, it appears Jerry, Bert and Elise have a pilot for ABC going with some TAR-like elements: Catch Me article

kadilahopper:
I am not a fan of solicited teams on the race.  It gives the aura of "a set-up".  No matter how you look at it, people will question the legitimacy of a race peppered with "golden ticket" teams.  I loved the globetrotters last season, but I am glad they didn't win.  I wish TAR would just go back to its roots and choose the "average Joe" teams.

walkingpneumonia:
Sarah Jessica Parker likes TAR, and she likes cowboys...

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2010/05/sex-and-the-citys-sarah-jessica-parker-on-amazing-races-perfect-season.html

--- Quote ---'Sex and the City's' Sarah Jessica Parker on 'Amazing Race's' 'perfect season'
By Jay Bobbin
May 20, 2010 5:07 PM ET
Although "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker doesn't watch "American Idol" nor "Dancing With the Stars," when it comes to televised competitions, she has a clear favorite.

"I follow 'The Amazing Race,'" Parker tells Zap2it. "I think they were back on their game this past season. It was like the first two seasons, as good as it has ever been, with probably the greatest team that ever competed: the cowboys, because of how they conducted themselves in every country they traveled around.

"I just thought it was the perfect season."

And SJP needs to know what makes a good reality show these days.

The Emmy-winning actress' second sequel to her HBO series hits theaters next Thursday (May 27), and while she's doing bountiful promotion for it, she also has a big stake in a reality-competition show she's executive-producing. She's glad the anticipation for the movie also is letting her bring attention to "Work of Art: The Next Great Artist," which Bravo premieres Wednesday, June 9.

"This is not an opportunity for me to be on screen, nor about money," Parker says, though she appears in the first episode to set 14 artists on the path to the top prize of a museum show and  $100,000. "I want people to know how much they can invite art into their home, and how much they're already surrounded by it every single day."

Parker was able to keep tabs on "Work of Art" while filming "Sex and the City 2" quite comfortably. In fact, she reports that "coincidentally, the first day of shooting on both was the same day.

"Because we were shooting the movie in the streets, I got to finish early enough to stop by the set of the show and watch the first day of taping, which was thrilling. We'd been talking about it for two years or more, so it was a long time coming. It was great to start the day as Carrie Bradshaw, then trot down to the Chelsea area and this wonderful studio that Bravo built and see what was happening."
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version