Author Topic: TAR16 - EP4: "We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt" (Germany)  (Read 103805 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP4: "We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt" (Germany)
« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2010, 10:59:52 AM »
I don't know why I notice these things but I do...

I think the reason we don't see more Beatles stuff is due to the royalties and creative and copyright fees tptb would have to pay.
It was at least in their minds - as we can see from the failed attempt to hide the Beatles logo on the faux Beatles drum and that they weren't actually playing a Beatles tune

When Mike and Louie check in you can see the Beatles logo, but when Phil is doing his standups its not there. Magic!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #276 on: March 09, 2010, 01:05:27 PM »
I don't know why I notice these things but I do...

I think the reason we don't see more Beatles stuff is due to the royalties and creative and copyright fees tptb would have to pay.
It was at least in their minds - as we can see from the failed attempt to hide the Beatles logo on the faux Beatles drum and that they weren't actually playing a Beatles tune

When Mike and Louie check in you can see the Beatles logo, but when Phil is doing his standups its not there. Magic!

WOW... not THAT'S observation!!!
Can you teach me?!?!?
mm!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: March 09, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
What I was really looking for was what time Mike and Louie checked into the pitstop.
The only racer who is wearing a usable watch this season is Cord. Looks like our loveable cowboys finished drinking their beer around 10:20, which seems a little early, no?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:05:21 PM by walkingpneumonia »

Offline sses

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #278 on: March 09, 2010, 04:27:30 PM »
Ok ... I was watching the show again .. and if you see when Jet and Cord are checking in at the mat ... there is a round clock .. it is black. Of course I can not zoom in .. someone that knows how might what to look at that.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2010, 07:42:05 AM »
Ok ... I was watching the show again .. and if you see when Jet and Cord are checking in at the mat ... there is a round clock .. it is black. Of course I can not zoom in .. someone that knows how might what to look at that.
:waves: The "black clock" on the wall is what us old fellers call a "record album". It is made of vinyl. Before the interweb tubes and CDs and even 8 track tapes they were used to distribute music. You put the album on a turntable, the turntable spun at 33.333 revolutions per second :ascared minute, then you gently put a needle in the groove. Music and dancing ensued.  :colors
They were very popular around the same time as the Beatles. As was I.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:04:56 AM by walkingpneumonia »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #280 on: March 10, 2010, 05:11:04 PM »
:waves: The "black clock" on the wall is what us old fellers call a "record album". It is made of vinyl. Before the interweb tubes and CDs and even 8 track tapes they were used to distribute music. You put the album on a turntable, the turntable spun at 33.333 revolutions per second :ascared minute, then you gently put a needle in the groove. Music and dancing ensued.  :colors

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Love you NOW wp!! :kissy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2010, 05:32:12 PM »
It's kind of weird to have all the Beatles related messages on this page and banner ads for The Who's Greatest Hits.  :snicker:

Plaidmoon

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2010, 06:54:55 PM »
:waves: The "black clock" on the wall is what us old fellers call a "record album". It is made of vinyl. Before the interweb tubes and CDs and even 8 track tapes they were used to distribute music. You put the album on a turntable, the turntable spun at 33.333 revolutions per second :ascared minute, then you gently put a needle in the groove. Music and dancing ensued.  :colors

So what time did it show?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #283 on: March 10, 2010, 10:50:28 PM »

:groan: :groan: :meow:

:lol3:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #284 on: March 11, 2010, 12:40:29 AM »
:waves: The "black clock" on the wall is what us old fellers call a "record album". It is made of vinyl. Before the interweb tubes and CDs and even 8 track tapes they were used to distribute music. You put the album on a turntable, the turntable spun at 33.333 revolutions per second :ascared minute, then you gently put a needle in the groove. Music and dancing ensued.  :colors

Was that meant to be a joke or are you serious? :funny:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2010, 05:54:55 AM »

Was that meant to be a joke or are you serious? :funny:

Joking

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2010, 08:48:22 AM »

It said "Any Time At All!".  :lol3: