Author Topic: TAR16 - EP4: "We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt" (Germany)  (Read 104020 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP4: "We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt" (Germany)
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2010, 07:55:56 AM »
There was enough media about a Beatles puzzle that I believe it...doesn't mean it wasn't left on the cutting room floor though if other things proved more interesting...we lost a whole leg than way once.  :groan:

Remember that we have seen teams have to do a task in the same country before,  as they leave the pitstop....

In season 10, teams performed the RB of a leg while still  in Morocco (prepare and eat camel meat) before leaving for Spain where we had the detour (infamous tomatoes).

Perhaps we will see something similar here  (just spec...) ?? I can see the Beatles task being better suited to daylight anyway, specially if it involves the museum.

Actually, I agree with Peach.  A Beatles Museum task could be a daylight item.  And that could take place before the head to France.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2010, 08:28:41 AM »
Okay...so just did a quick rewatch of the season 10 Intersecrtion.

Teams Intersected>>had the option of doing the FF together(cowlips)
Non-FF teams did a detour while Intersected (move mattresses or make paper)
and then were un-Intersected for the RB.
=========================================
So I guess we have choices for our ep...y'all help me out with this okay?? Trying to work this out, thinking out loud: peach's stream of consciousness  :colors

Tasks to play with:
Bungee (Intersected)
Metro (Intersected)
Beer (non-Intersected)
Eating (non-Intersected)
"Beatles centric puzzle"

One choice:
The bungee is an Intersected FF that only one pair of the Intersected teams has to do, whiile the other half of the Intersected team has to use the metro to get to ...somewhere.
My concern on this is why would we see three different teams doing this?? If Brandy and Dan knew Joe(?) and Allie had already chosen this...why would they do it?? ???

So we also see non Intersected teams (Cowboys and JJ) doing beer drinking and eating...so that seems to fit with caper's proposed eat or drink detour choice.

UNLESS the eating is a FF...and this is where Jeff wants to kill Jordan for not being competitve enough.

So instead of a FF, could it be Intersect for a RB here...which would be the bungee/other half has to use the metro to get to the somewhere as caper said:

Here is my two cents:  Could it go like this- Intersection (roadblock) :  teams pair off, one part of team goes directly to bungee and waits for other part of team to complete task - said task is to navigate the subway and find various early beatle locales spread out through the city in a kind of scavenger hunt type way picking up  clues to next part of task as they go. Finally arriving at bungee, they must look (from up on the platform)for a beatle-esque landmark  where next route marker is, before completing bungee. Teams then split back to individual teams, and next comes detour - eat or drink. :duno:

But then where is the FF?? Could THAT have been the Beatles task, and it wasn't used, so we don't get to see it?? Or something else entirely (eating)?

And is the metro part of the Intersected task alone? Or part of a Beatles scavenger hunt??

So does this work? :duno:

Intersect>> RB (two parts, one new "team" bungees, while the other half takes the metro to the somewhere (to meet up again??) , un-Intersect for the Detour?  FF (Beatles) not used...not seen :(

OR

Intersect>> FF (bungee-one team member does it, while the other half of the team goes to somewhere), other teams have to do an Intersected RB  (Beatles, use the metro, scavenger hunt  while split up), Then Detour eat or drink...

OR

Beer>>route info clue
FF>> nasty eating (fits with them making the Eating challenges a choice in recent seasons) would have to be Brent/Caite/JJ right?? And possibly failed? (clues::Jeff wants to kill Jordan for not being competitve, B/C recovering from food poisoning)
RB>>Intersected bungee (Cowboys--Detectives, Brandy/Carol/Dan/Jordan, by process of elim: Steve/Allie with Joe/Heidi)
Unintersected Detour: Beatles vs something else

Or we could have no FF at all, or WORSE, it could be unshown. :groan:

And then the Beatles task could be after the next AM post Pitstop... or not

Questions:

*Is the Bungee part of a RB (Intersected)...or a FF? (doubt)

*Is the Metro part of the RB(Intersected) "Take the Metro to rejoin your team somewhere" ...

OR

part of an Intersected Beatles task?

*When OR not do we see the Beatles  task??

*Is the FF the eating task, or is that part of the detour? If it is eating, do teams succeed or not?

*Could the beer be a general route clue (possible prob, Caite's age) or it that part of a Detour. And if it is part of a Detour, WHY do the Cowboys choose this one when reportedly Cord doesn't drink? ???

Okay, I think I have just confused myself more. Y'all watch for more previews today, okay?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2010, 08:55:32 AM »
eeeek!! Did we forget the TV Guide blurb that puddin scanned for us??

Twist or Shout >>dance or sing sounds like a perfect Beatles detour!!

My latest idea:

Beer> route marker
Intersected RB (bungee plus other half metros's to meet up with the rest of the team)
with Intersected FF>>nasty eating, Jordan fails, meaning those two teams are behind, possible JJ elim :(
Detour Twist or Shout >>Beatles tasks

I can't quite make the Joe/Allie being ahead of at least one team at the RB synch with Joe/Heidi being elim'd though, although anything can happen as we know.

Trivia experts: Has there EVER been an Intersection that had a non-elim too??

There have been FF episodes with non-elims though right??

How does THAT sound??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »
Just warning y'all....this could go on all day!! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2010, 09:08:46 AM »
peach, i read from the cbspressexpress site and managed to get a copy of the TAR release, it says:

We Are No Longer In The Bible Belt" (Germany) — Racers must navigate an unfamiliar and confusing train system without their teammates, take a dive over Hamburg and reunite for a nausea-inducing lesson in German gastronomy, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

so it should be the the skydive and beer comes first and food comes last
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »
peach, i read from the cbspressexpress site and managed to get a copy of the TAR release, it says:

We Are No Longer In The Bible Belt" (Germany) — Racers must navigate an unfamiliar and confusing train system without their teammates, take a dive over Hamburg and reunite for a nausea-inducing lesson in German gastronomy, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

So does that mean that J/C must bungi-jump together AFTER navigating the train & what are J/B doing while J/C are on the train? Drinking the beer? Then is it just B/D jumping? And M/C jumping(whichever cowboy that is)?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2010, 11:09:43 AM »

Thanks Evan...we had that one thanks to puddin here

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21707.msg513323.html#msg513323

but I agree with your order.

Diane, it just means what it says. The wording of the press releases often suggests the task order.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2010, 11:11:27 AM »
I am sure this is in the other threads somewhere...but if y'all haven't looked around the Beatlemania Museum, it is worth a look. There is a press packet of photos...

This would make an excellent Pitstop.

http://www.beatlemania-hamburg.com/english/index.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2010, 11:41:42 AM »
yer welcome peach, hopefully your wish gets granted in a few hours time, Pitstop of your own choice, haha
I am sure this is in the other threads somewhere...but if y'all haven't looked around the Beatlemania Museum, it is worth a look. There is a press packet of photos...

This would make an excellent Pitstop.

http://www.beatlemania-hamburg.com/english/index.html
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2010, 12:05:38 PM »
Rewatching TAR 13, I think that the RB is the jump/metro combined, the clue could be like "Who doesn't get disoriented easily?" and then they would have to jump and then navigate the metro. The nonperforming members would get shuttled off to the end point while the ones chosen to do the RB would have to travel by metro.

They did something similar to this in TAR 13's penultimate leg; the RB performers had to travel by taxi first to the statue park, then the bookstore, and received their clue/met up with their teammate at the author's apartment, while the other teammates were taken straight to the apartment building.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2010, 12:24:40 PM »
Oh that is a great analagy!! I remember that task...

Hmmm.... I have been thinking of Jordan and Caite as the non-jumpers...but now that you mention it...don't both Jeff and Brent have issues with heights?? So maybe they ARE the jumpers AND the metro girls!!

We'll figure this sucker out yet! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »
Oh that is a great analagy!! I remember that task...

Hmmm.... I have been thinking of Jordan and Caite as the non-jumpers...but now that you mention it...don't both Jeff and Brent have issues with heights?? So maybe they ARE the jumpers AND the metro girls!!

We'll figure this sucker out yet! :yess:

YES Peach, that is what i meant above because J/B hate heights, therfore the girls do BOTH! :yess:

So does that mean that J/C must bungi-jump together AFTER navigating the train & what are J/B doing while J/C are on the train? Drinking the beer? Then is it just B/D jumping? And M/C jumping(whichever cowboy that is)?

AmazingDT

« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2010, 01:00:36 PM »
maybe the RB clue tricked them like, Who's ready to experiance extremes?  :duno:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to have to say the roadblock is both the bungee and subway navigation (find the Beatles perhaps).

Can't the beer and the food be two ends of the detour? After all, gastronomy is just food and its relation to culture...

Offline b4us

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2010, 01:17:50 PM »
FROM THE COUNTRYSIDE TO THE CONCRETE JUNGLE, TEAMS TRAVEL TO GERMANY WHERE THEY COME FACE-TO-FACE WITH THE HAMBURG SKYLINE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, MARCH 7 ON CBS

"We Are No Longer In The Bible Belt" (Germany) — Racers must navigate an unfamiliar and confusing train system without their teammates, take a dive over Hamburg and reunite for a nausea-inducing lesson in German gastronomy, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

r:lol:  looks like we are in for a food challenge...  "gastronomy" would imply food, not just beer... hmmmm

only local Hamburg food that might qualify as nausea-inducing might be Labskaus   :duno:

Could be the following: Intersection with bungee roadblock performed by 2 and 2 navigate train to possibly Beatles Platz in St. Pauli.  Before jumping the 2 have to settle themselves and look for the meet-up clue and upon completion taxi over to St. Pauli to meet their team members.  The intersected teams split and original teams detour to drink/eat.  The beer drinking from the  boot is not a simple matter, there is technique to avoid repeating the effort.  Both could be nausea provoking.  This scenario does not include a fast forward and includes a nod to the Beatles.  U
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:26:23 PM by b4us »

Offline b4us

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2010, 01:30:03 PM »

(Sorry to confuse, but haven't master the editor)
Could be the following: Intersection with bungee roadblock performed by 2 and other 2 navigate train to a Beatles task, possibly at Beatles Platz in St. Pauli.  Before jumping the 2 have to settle themselves and look for the meet-up clue and upon completion taxi over to St. Pauli to meet their team members.  The intersected teams split and original teams detour to drink/eat.  The beer drinking from the  boot is not a simple matter, there is technique to avoid repeating the effort.  Both could be nausea provoking.  This scenario does not include a fast forward and includes a nod to the Beatles. 

Offline b4us

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #241 on: March 07, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »
Better to have Jeff and Brent jump, and Jordan and Caite navigate, and thus overcome their fears -- this is the amazing race afterall!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »
How about the Beatles task is just a "find a place" task? Like in S7 when the final four had to fetch their next clue in Abbey Road?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2010, 01:45:42 PM »
Better to have Jeff and Brent jump, and Jordan and Caite navigate, and thus overcome their fears -- this is the amazing race afterall!

I thought the train we saw Catie and Jordan take brings you to the bungee jump and Jeff and Brent are waiting to meet up with them?. I did not see Jordan's backpack on her in the train screencaps posted?

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2010, 01:48:15 PM »
What if all these tasks are done at places the Beatles went to and the new Beatles-centric museum that opened there in May 2009 is the Pit Stop were Phil greets them?

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »
When do we see more then the cowboys drinking?

Offline b4us

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »

Thinking that navigating confusing trains is one task separate from the bungee task.  Besides Jeff often carries Jordan's backpack and she does have the fanny pack with travel documents.

Offline beatlelovr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2010, 02:03:51 PM »
I am late to the party talking about who says the title, but folks in the Bible Belt rarely refer to it as the "Bible Belt."  I find the choice of words would likely be from a more recent resident to the area.  Just a thought.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »
How about the Beatles task is just a "find a place" task? Like in S7 when the final four had to fetch their next clue in Abbey Road?

That's my belief. It's a good way to trace their path.

I wouldn't look too deeply into TV guide's wording. A challenge is very vague: doesn't have to be a detour, could just be a difficult route info puzzle.

To summarize my specs:
Flight to Frankfurt
Train to Hamburg
Intersection w/ Roadblock
Beer/Food Detour
Pit Stop

No FF.

Offline b4us

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #249 on: March 07, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
I am late to the party talking about who says the title, but folks in the Bible Belt rarely refer to it as the "Bible Belt."  I find the choice of words would likely be from a more recent resident to the area.  Just a thought.

Ahh, like the 2 men seated at the bar interacting with the Cowboys?