Author Topic: TAR16 - EP4: "We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt" (Germany)  (Read 104037 times)

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR16 - EP4: "We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt" (Germany)
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2010, 06:38:16 AM »
Here is my two cents:  Could it go like this- Intersection (roadblock) :  teams pair off, one part of team goes directly to bungee and waits for other part of team to complete task - said task is to navigate the subway and find various early beatle locales spread out through the city in a kind of scavenger hunt type way picking up  clues to next part of task as they go. Finally arriving at bungee, they must look (from up on the platform)for a beatle-esque landmark  where next route marker is, before completing bungee. Teams then split back to individual teams, and next comes detour - eat or drink. :duno:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:47:04 AM by caper »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2010, 07:14:21 AM »
Look in the dark?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2010, 07:19:16 AM »
Look in the dark?? ???
There are a lot of brightly lit buildings, etc.  :duno:  I'm just reaching in the "dark"

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2010, 09:09:19 AM »
I like Caper's idea.  The task would be similar to the Aussie Slang Roadblock.  And wasn't there a Sherlock Holmes task like that in London once?

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »
I like Caper's idea.  The task would be similar to the Aussie Slang Roadblock.  And wasn't there a Sherlock Holmes task like that in London once?

That was a detour where teams had to follow clues that led them to Baker Street. Season 7 leg 10.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2010, 09:47:50 AM »
Here is my two cents:  Could it go like this- Intersection (roadblock) :  teams pair off, one part of team goes directly to bungee and waits for other part of team to complete task - said task is to navigate the subway and find various early beatle locales spread out through the city in a kind of scavenger hunt type way picking up  clues to next part of task as they go. Finally arriving at bungee, they must look (from up on the platform)for a beatle-esque landmark  where next route marker is, before completing bungee. Teams then split back to individual teams, and next comes detour - eat or drink. :duno:
It sounds too much like a copy of season 7 just with the Beatles??? I'm not sure they would do such a thing again.

DavidJunior

« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
Here is my two cents:  Could it go like this- Intersection (roadblock) :  teams pair off, one part of team goes directly to bungee and waits for other part of team to complete task - said task is to navigate the subway and find various early beatle locales spread out through the city in a kind of scavenger hunt type way picking up  clues to next part of task as they go. Finally arriving at bungee, they must look (from up on the platform)for a beatle-esque landmark  where next route marker is, before completing bungee. Teams then split back to individual teams, and next comes detour - eat or drink. :duno:
It sounds too much like a copy of season 7 just with the Beatles??? I'm not sure they would do such a thing again.

I wouldn't put it past them...  :res:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2010, 02:10:32 PM »
Here is my two cents:  Could it go like this- Intersection (roadblock) :  teams pair off, one part of team goes directly to bungee and waits for other part of team to complete task - said task is to navigate the subway and find various early beatle locales spread out through the city in a kind of scavenger hunt type way picking up  clues to next part of task as they go. Finally arriving at bungee, they must look (from up on the platform)for a beatle-esque landmark  where next route marker is, before completing bungee. Teams then split back to individual teams, and next comes detour - eat or drink. :duno:

I don't see a problem with them doing something similar to that task. Season 7 was quite a while ago. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2010, 02:49:17 PM »
Speaking of repeats, this leg will start and end in the same countries as the uber-leg in season nine. In fact, they start is about the same place and end a couple hundred miles apart.

Now that's a repeat.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2010, 04:52:06 PM »
Speaking of repeats, this leg will start and end in the same countries as the uber-leg in season nine. In fact, they start is about the same place and end a couple hundred miles apart.

Now that's a repeat.

What do you mean? I personally think that the Hamburg episode is a single elimination leg.
Are you saying teams will have to immediately go to France after meeting Phil at the mat?

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2010, 05:25:05 PM »

Now that's a repeat.

What do you mean? I personally think that the Hamburg episode is a single elimination leg.
Are you saying teams will have to immediately go to France after meeting Phil at the mat?

Omg. That would be soooo EPIC!!!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2010, 06:37:42 PM »

Now that's a repeat.
Didn't the TAR9 uber-leg start in Brazil? We're in Argentina now, but yes, they will finish very close by!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2010, 08:27:31 PM »
If you look on the main page for TAR over at CBS there is a picture of Jeff and Jordan eating something, Jordan is plugging her nose...it looks like it is in a bowl...there is people playing instruments behind them, I don't know how to bring it over here so I thought I would mention it in case someone else can bring it over and wants too.

Here you go someone on AABB (BB board) got it....

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2010, 08:47:22 PM »
An accordion! I knew one would show up (at least one per season, a production mandate). Now all we need are drunken locals and the season will be complete.  :lol3:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2010, 09:32:38 PM »
Does that look like that German stuff you were talking about that starts with an "L"? Looks like sauerkraut to me...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2010, 10:18:30 PM »
You know, this leg is so jam packed, I am starting to wonder if the Beatles task could be something the next morning BEFORE they go on to France? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nmbeach

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2010, 10:38:29 PM »
I know the preview makes it look like Jordan's in trouble, but I don't think this is the leg where they go out.  Maybe the next one.  I heard an interview(can't remember where) that Jeff said they started out on top, and got knocked down, but then they came back.  So, I'm thinking this might be the week they came back.  I do think they get knocked out next week or at least the following week.  I love Jeff & Jordan, so I hope they stay around at least another week, even though I know they dont' win.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2010, 06:48:32 AM »
If you look on the main page for TAR over at CBS there is a picture of Jeff and Jordan eating something, Jordan is plugging her nose...it looks like it is in a bowl...there is people playing instruments behind them, I don't know how to bring it over here so I thought I would mention it in case someone else can bring it over and wants too.

The windows behind them make me think they are on a boat.  Maybe a restaurant on the water?

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2010, 07:19:02 AM »
is that garlic??

The windows behind them make me think they are on a boat.  Maybe a restaurant on the water?
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2010, 08:45:09 AM »
is that garlic??

The "noodle-like" stuff looks too long to have come from a clove of garlic, even a clove of elephant garlic.

Sauerkraut does not smell very good.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2010, 10:10:10 AM »

hmmm... are you talking about Das Feuerschiff Restaurant:duno:

Das Feuerschiff   :lol:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2010, 10:15:56 AM »

That restaurant's menu seemed pretty norma from their menu..doesn't look anything like what they are eating..

Appetizers
Stint in beer batter fried
with lemon and tartar sauce
baguette
€ 9.50

Main courses
Classic fried smelt
Potato salad with bacon
and lettuce in Zitronenrahm
€ 15.50

Stint in Mandelpanade baked
with parsley potatoes
and cucumber salad
€ 16.50

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2010, 10:34:33 AM »

Now that's a repeat.

Season 9 went from Brazil to Russia to Germany, this season would (if it happens) go from Argentina to Germany to France. Not at all the same starting or ending locations, and not that close to each other, either. :duno:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

DavidJunior

« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »
he was off on the starting point.

but what he's saying is that the leg would end very close to where the uber-leg ended.

not that it's necessarily an uber-leg itself.

Offline b4us

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2010, 12:19:38 PM »

That restaurant's menu seemed pretty norma from their menu..doesn't look anything like what they are eating..

Appetizers
Stint in beer batter fried
with lemon and tartar sauce
baguette
€ 9.50

Main courses
Classic fried smelt
Potato salad with bacon
and lettuce in Zitronenrahm
€ 15.50

Stint in Mandelpanade baked
with parsley potatoes
and cucumber salad
€ 16.50

Believe we are on to something with the floating restuarant , however the music specialty here is jazz, not the instruments behind jj. 

T