Author Topic: I missed TAR  (Read 4440 times)

Offline wr9

• RFF Newbie
I missed TAR
« on: February 15, 2010, 12:35:46 AM »
I missed the show tonight because I was watching the Olympics and half forgot about it and half wanted to watch history in the making. I was just wondering though if their is any place that I can watch this episode online because I don't think their going to replay the episode, which I think is really stupid. But yeah, does anyone know of a site or something where I can watch TAR?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: I missed TAR
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:40:31 AM »
wr9, I believe cbs.com will have the full episode posted online tomorrow. CBS uses TV.com as well, and that might be a second venue.

And I believe CBS also makes episodes available for download at ITunes.  I'm sure someone will correct me if my memory is off on this.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »
You may be able to catch up on Youtube. No guarantees, of course.

Offline wr9

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 12:55:20 AM »
Hmm, thanks to both of you. I was hoping to watch it tonight on youtube or something but I couldn't find it, I asked someone for a link in another thread so hopefully they get it to me before I go to bed but if not, I'll take a look at CBS tomorrow, thanks again.

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 08:34:11 AM »
Hmm, thanks to both of you. I was hoping to watch it tonight on youtube or something but I couldn't find it, I asked someone for a link in another thread so hopefully they get it to me before I go to bed but if not, I'll take a look at CBS tomorrow, thanks again.

It WILL be on cbs.com later today if it's not up there now. Back in season 9 I was a freshman in college and missed nearly every episode thanks to prior commitments and ended up watching nearly the whole season through their site. Make sure to do it soon though, if you try and go back a few weeks from now it likely won't be there since they only stay up for about 3 or 4 weeks.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 08:36:26 AM »

It WILL be on cbs.com later today if it's not up there now. Back in season 9 I was a freshman in college and missed nearly every episode thanks to prior commitments and ended up watching nearly the whole season through their site. Make sure to do it soon though, if you try and go back a few weeks from now it likely won't be there since they only stay up for about 3 or 4 weeks.
It's up...
 ;)

Offline wr9

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:57 AM »
Thanks, I just tried to watch it though and apparently I'm not in the rgiht geographical region? Do you have to be an American to be able to watch it on that site?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 06:04:38 PM »
It is blocked for most non -US areas. I have NO idea why. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 02:09:49 AM »
Thanks, I just tried to watch it though and apparently I'm not in the rgiht geographical region? Do you have to be an American to be able to watch it on that site?

You do...not sure what the reasoning is but it's the same as why americans have to be in america to use Pandora, slacker, last.fm, etc. BBC blocks out other countries besides England as well.

There are ways around the limitation however I'd rather not post them here even though they are legal. Simple google searches will find you a few answers and as long as you follow the steps they should work fine (nor should they do anything to your computer). I've set up my computer to be able to watch BBC for their morning news program that comes on hear in the Eastern side of the US at 1 or 2 am.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 08:07:50 AM »
nvm :hearts:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:52:26 AM by DavidMV »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 09:06:02 AM »
Could we not post the channel names on the public board? That happens to be where I get it from and I'd hate to see it get removed.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 09:24:18 AM »
We have been discussing this in the Watch Amazing Race LIVE thread too.

For clarity:

NO LINKS to or names of our YouTube uploaders are to be posted here please. They are doing us all an enormous favor, and yes, they DO get removed. So let's do our part to keep them safe please?

If anyone needs a link, you can ask me by PM....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 10:15:16 AM »
yea, and i apologize for pasting the link few days ago.

let's keep them safe, anyway i have downloaded the HQ version too, pls sk me thru PM on where i get that from or also you may PM me the link to watch

For clarity:

NO LINKS to or names of our YouTube uploaders are to be posted here please. They are doing us all an enormous favor, and yes, they DO get removed. So let's do our part to keep them safe please?

Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »

For clarity:

I watch it here, too! So please don't post links. If this gets removed, then I have no way to watch. :(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis