Author Topic: Spoiler- Top 24 Contestants?  (Read 16435 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Spoiler- Top 24 Contestants?
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »
If you don't want to know, don't read any further.   ;)

The list has been circulating for a week or two but we hadn't even seen the first auditions it didn't seem appropriate to post it here. Because the Hollywood auditions begin tonight, we can watch for the following contestants.

Top 12 Boys:
1. Aaron Kelly
2. Alexander “Alex” Lambert
3. Andrew Garcia
4. Casey James
5. Christopher “Chris” Golightly
6. Jermaine Sellers (Or Jermaine Purifoy)
7. John Park
8. Jose Munoz
9. Lee DeWyze
10. Michael Lynche ? (may be DQd)
11. Todrick Hall
12. Tyler Grady

Top 12 Girls:
1. Ashley (Makailah) Rodriguez
2. Crystal Bowersox
3. Haeley Vaughn
4. Janell Wheeler
5. Katelyn Epperly
6. Katie Stevens
7. Lacey Brown
8. Lillian “Lilly” Scott
9. Michelle Delamor
10. Paige Miles
11. Siobhan Magnus
12. Vered Didi Benami

Thanks to joesplace and mjsbigblog for the list.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Spoiler- Top 24 Contestants?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 10:47:16 AM »
I can't deny there's a few on the list who really shone out. Lol.

I love the girls this year. TIME FOR A FEMALE IDOL....

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:24:59 PM »
omg i still can;t rember names hhu except casy's.. i wonder y the dq? i guess if u put single mom wth dreads or hot guy with gutar next to there names i would no excatly who was who...and that lambert kid is that adams bro?? i got up set last night when cara compared the one guy to adam instead of kris when he rearanged a song cause it was a kris style song and did not remind me of adam at all.. i think kris was brillant when he did she works hard for the money and that is what the guy last night 's song reminded me of.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »
I can't deny there's a few on the list who really shone out. Lol.

I love the girls this year. TIME FOR A FEMALE IDOL....

N.A. Yay! You're back!!!  :hearts:

I agree.. I think it will be a female winner this year. The two who really impressed me, Crystal Bowersox and Lilly Scott. On the guy side, Andrew Garcia and Casey James.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »
omg i still can;t rember names hhu except casy's.. i wonder y the dq? i guess if u put single mom wth dreads or hot guy with gutar next to there names i would no excatly who was who...and that lambert kid is that adams bro?? i got up set last night when cara compared the one guy to adam instead of kris when he rearanged a song cause it was a kris style song and did not remind me of adam at all.. i think kris was brillant when he did she works hard for the money and that is what the guy last night 's song reminded me of.

Tory, I re-watched last night's show. The one who is a waitress is Didi Benami and the other one you mention is the last one of the day, Crystal Bowersox. I didn't notice her teeth until I replayed it. (I was wrong in the other thread.)

Wonder who we will see tonight. ???

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »
wrong??? :duno: ty for the help poting a name to a face,, u r awsome tl..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »
wrong??? :duno: ty for the help poting a name to a face,, u r awsome tl..

I forget who I thought was the waitress but it wasn't Didi Benami.  :umn:  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 04:49:31 PM »
Don't forget, it's a 2 hour show tonight!   :jumpy:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 10:00:17 AM »
Alex Lambert IMO wasn't that good...

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 04:13:58 PM »
Alex Lambert IMO wasn't that good...

I agree, is he cannon fodder? There certainly is more fodder to come, 12 more for certain.

All in all we got seven confirmed names from the leaked list. However most of the names on the list were mentioned one way or another or had a feature but there were a few not even mentioned last night. Chris Golightly, John Park, Lacey Brown, Paige Miles and Tyler Grady. I could have missed them but they did not get a replay of their auditions as some of the others certainly did. Another one who was barely mentioned was Didi Benami.

Shelby Dressel was an interesting cut, Simon saying it was the wrong decision. Another that I really liked was Jermaine Purifoy but he's not on the list.

The seven confirmed:
Aaron Kelly, Casey James, Katelyn Epperly, Lee DeWyze, Michael Lynche, Todrick Hall, Didi Venami.

What did Y'all think?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 12:19:54 AM »
I think they should have an episode where they do a recap on all the top 24's performance (auditions, hollywood round) to give us a better idea who America is actually voting for.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 03:00:05 AM »
Ellen announced on her show today that Shelby Dressel will be on her show next week as well as a guy she really liked that didn't make it.  I think it will be the last one that didn't make it on the show.  I tried to take notes on the ones we knew made it but struggled on so many names.  No clue who they are. :groan:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 04:37:22 PM »
I think they should have an episode where they do a recap on all the top 24's performance (auditions, hollywood round) to give us a better idea who America is actually voting for.

While I don't think Idol will ever do that, I agree that it would be nice.  Last year was worse since it was more of a one-and-done deal (or one-and-F12).  However, one performance and 1-2 days to decide isn't enough time to make an accurate decision.  Some of those folks weren't even shown during the audition & Hollywood rounds.

Fortunately, there have been contestants that have survived this disadvantage on the way to the Top 12, but it still would be nice to see some sort of Top 24 preview show.  Especially if you're Tim Urban, who replaced the recently disqualified Chris Golightly.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 05:38:05 PM »

While I don't think Idol will ever do that, I agree that it would be nice.  Last year was worse since it was more of a one-and-done deal (or one-and-F12).  However, one performance and 1-2 days to decide isn't enough time to make an accurate decision.  Some of those folks weren't even shown during the audition & Hollywood rounds.

Fortunately, there have been contestants that have survived this disadvantage on the way to the Top 12, but it still would be nice to see some sort of Top 24 preview show.  Especially if you're Tim Urban, who replaced the recently disqualified Chris Golightly.

I wish they would have had a more organized show to give us the final 24. I tried to keep track as well but even with a list to check names it was impossible. Especially with the batch of no names that passed by in mere seconds. I don't understand one of the rejectees, Angela Martin, were the other girls better than her? She seemed at the top of her game. I wish she'd been given a chance to perform with the top 24.

Lilly Scott has been someone I've liked but her final song on stage made clear to me what the judges mean when they say you picked the wrong song. Didn't like it at all.

Is it just me? I'm thankful that the finalists are done for now because Ellen is becoming annoying with her never ending, I won't keep you waiting because I know how disappointing it is.... on and on and on! Funny once or twice but not so much after that.

This seems like it might be the year for a girl to win AI.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »

Chris Golightly: "This is not fair; I don't know what to do"
01:00 PM

When the American Idol machine starts moving, nobody gets to stand in the way.

Not even one of the semifinalists.

Chris Golightly is learning that lesson the hard way this week.

"This is not fair; I don't know what to do," he said when reached by phone this morning.

Chris originally made Season 9's Top 24 -- he was even shown in the group shot with Ryan Seacrest near the end of Wednesday's show. But when the 12 male semifinalists were shown individually, Chris had been replaced by Tim Urban.

"Everything was fine when I made the Top 24," Chris says. But things quickly went sour. Shortly after Chris got the news that he'd made the cut, he says a former manager named Lawrence Franklin emailed 19 Entertainment claiming that Chris was under a recording contract.

Read the rest of the story here: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2010/02/chris-golights-side-of-the-story/1?csp=hf

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 05:45:36 PM »
The other side:

Chris Golightly was under contract, says recording company head
02:37 PM

Lawrence Franklin of Dream Projects Entertainment disputes Chris Golightly's claim that he was not subject to an existing recording contract when he auditioned for American Idol last year, but he says that he would have worked with the show's producers so that Chris could have continued in the competition.

"Chris was still under contract with Dream Projects Entertainment," Franklin says. Franklin says Chris was part of a vocal group called D.R.E.A.M. 5 and claims that the singer had signed a new, two-year recording contract on May 30, 2009, less than two months before he first auditioned for Idol.

Franklin says he contacted 19 Entertainment in January after learning that Chris was appearing on the show.

Read the rest here: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2010/02/chris-golightly-was-under-contract-says-recording-company-head/1

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 10:05:26 PM »
Angela will be on Ellen's show tomorrow.  I agree that Ellen's comments were getting old quick.   I guess the singers we haven't seen must have been really good.  Wish we could have heard them all sing.  :groan:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 11:57:23 AM »
I'm with you bee, I wish we'd have heard more of the auditions.

Here's Ellen's show, it was heartwarming to see Angela get some help for her career.  :tup:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »
Shelby will be on Ellen tomorrow.  Wonder what she will be offered based on what they are doing for Angela.  Sorry using first names only because I'm too lazy to look up their last name. :waves:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »
Shelby will be on Ellen tomorrow.  Wonder what she will be offered based on what they are doing for Angela.  Sorry using first names only because I'm too lazy to look up their last name. :waves:

LOL.. now I'll have to look it up.. OR we can just watch Ellen.  :lol:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 02:09:20 AM »
Shelby was not offered anything other than the chance to sing on Ellen.  Ellen did encourage her not to give up and try out again next year.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »
Thanks for updating us. I forgot to watch.  :-[

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 09:08:56 PM »
I'm glad Chris Golightly didn't make the Top 24 :lol:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 02:06:37 PM »
I'm not glad he didn't make it.  The guys were so weak last night.  He did have a good story.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »
I heard this  before. Thanks for your good job. Any more detail about this

Hi smithbush! Welcome to RFF. What did you need more detail about? We'll be glad to answer!

:bigwelcome