Author Topic: RFF TAR 16 pick-em game  (Read 150792 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: RFF TAR 16 pick-em game
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2010, 12:25:50 AM »
And here are what I believe are the correct answers (with one question that I am currently unsure off so comments are very welcome).

5 Points - Do we hear how much money teams are provided in the episode??
0 points - 10 people answered this question - No

10 points - How many forms of transportation do we see teams use going from the starting line to LAX? (example, Buses, Trains, taxi’s, subways, ect)
0 points - 11 people answered this question - 2

OK, we have Fly Away Bus and the Metro (so Bus and Tram/subway whatever), but the people who took Metro also had to take another Bus.  If its just a Bus then the answer is 2, if it's an airport shuttle then its three (after all I said that would count when I was asked).  Anyone know????

15 points - What team is the first shown getting into transportation to LAX”?
0 points - 1 people answered this question - Steve & Allie

We see Steve & Allie ahead of Joe & Heidi, we see Allie enter first, the next shows all four in (with Joe & Heidi in further then Steve), but it looks like Steve isn't moving and is just holding the door.  So I am sticking with Steve & Allie.

15 points - And what is the last team we see getting into transportation to LAX?
0 points - 2 people answered this question - Daniel & Jordan

Daniel & Jordan are the last we see getting into transportation to LAX (though they clearly were not the last to do so).

5 Points - When we go to opening credits, Who is the last racer we hear speaking?
0 points - 12 people answered this question - A Man

5 Points - Does any racer recognize Jordan & Jeff (without being told who they are)?
0 points - 21 people answered this question - Yes

5 points - Do Jordan & Jeff (not counting pre race interviews mention Big Brother)?
0 points - 4 people answered this question - No

15 points - Which team is first to open get the Roadblock clue?
0 points - 10 people answered this question - Brent & Caite

Lord what grammar!  But Brent & Caite are the first to get the RB clue and the first to open said clue.

15 points - Which team is first to start painting the house?
0 points - 1 people answered this question - Jordan & Jeff

5 points - How many women perform the roadblock?
0 points - 16 people answered this question - 5 or more

Caite, Jordan, Allie, Brandy, Shawne, and Shannon (the ladies really stepped up).

10 Points - Which women racer is first to complete the Roadblock?
0 points - 10 people answered this question - Caite

5 Points - At what point of the race does a team get told they have gotten a penalty?
0 points - 19 people answered this question - At the Pit Stop

Both told at the Pit Stop (even though Daniel & Jordan were sure they were getting one much sooner)

10 points - How long is the Penalty?
0 points - 16 people answered this question - 30 minutes
0 points - 3 people answered this question - Another Amount of time

Brent & Caite's is 30 minutes
Daniel & Jordan's is 15 minutes

10 points - When a team receives a Penalty what position are they in when they break
0 points - 14 people answered this question - 1 -2
0 points - 1 people answered this question - 3 - 4

Brent & Caite are in 1st when they break it.
Daniel & Jordan are in 3rd (based on their position when picking up the paint and that when they lose a brush only two teams had reached the houses and started painting).

5 points - Do Cord & Jet ever get awarded first place in subtitles?
0 points - 15 people answered this question - No

5 points - Do Brent & Caite ever get awarded first place in subtitles?
0 points - 14 people answered this question - Yes

5 points - Which all male teams finishes the leg in better position?
0 points - 4 people answered this question - Cord & Jet

5 points - Which all female team finishes the leg in better position?
0 points - 10 people answered this question - Monique & Shawne

15 points - Which team is the first to arrive at the Pit Stop?
0 points - 5 people answered this question - Jordan & Jeff

5 points - Is that team the first to official check into the Pit Stop?
0 points - 28 people answered this question - Yes

5 points - Is the Greeter?
0 points - 2 people answered this question - More then one person

15 points - Which team is the last to reach the Pit Stop?
0 points - 2 people answered this question - Jody & Shannon

5 Points - Is that team eliminated?
0 points - 1 people answered this question - No

5 points (Free Points) - Without us seeing any real race footage, who do you dislike?
0 points - 8 people answered this question - No one
0 points - 7 people answered this question - More then one racer
0 points - 1 people answered this question - Jordan
0 points - 2 people answered this question - Jeff
0 points - 1 people answered this question - Brandy
0 points - 4 people answered this question - Brent
0 points - 3 people answered this question - Caite
0 points - 1 people answered this question - Michael (The racer not the member)
0 points - 2 people answered this question - Daniel

OK, comments!

Remember any question with a solid answer (which I believe is all but one) can give you an extra point if you prove me wrong.  So dig in.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2010, 11:09:42 AM »
I got owned so badly.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »
The teams riding the metro to LAX must take a bus from the last station to the airport.  We see one team leaving by the front door but besides being a bus, it is almost impossible to determine whether or not it is a special metro to LAX shuttle bus.  It certainly does not look like the parking lot shuttle buses.  So I would have to say that it is merely a bus.  So two would be the correct answer.

Who recognized Jordan and Jeff?  By recognize do you mean that someone actually said "hey, that's the babe from Big Brother?"  I never heard anyone say that.  One of the brothers did recognize Caite as being Miss Teen from somewhere.

There are three musicians at the pit stop matt, but only one man actually "greets" the team.  So the correct answer to who is the "greeter" should be "male"

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2010, 12:44:09 PM »
The teams riding the metro to LAX must take a bus from the last station to the airport.  We see one team leaving by the front door but besides being a bus, it is almost impossible to determine whether or not it is a special metro to LAX shuttle bus.  It certainly does not look like the parking lot shuttle buses.  So I would have to say that it is merely a bus.  So two would be the correct answer.

Who recognized Jordan and Jeff?  By recognize do you mean that someone actually said "hey, that's the babe from Big Brother?"  I never heard anyone say that.  One of the brothers did recognize Caite as being Miss Teen from somewhere.

There are three musicians at the pit stop matt, but only one man actually "greets" the team.  So the correct answer to who is the "greeter" should be "male"

I distinctly remember one of the brothers Pious mentioning "Team Big Brother" I think it was the same one that knew Caitlen.

Whether they knew them as JeJo or just as generic people that were on Big Brother may be another story.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2010, 12:45:11 PM »
10 points - How many forms of transportation do we see teams use going from the starting line to LAX? (example, Buses, Trains, taxi’s, subways, ect)

OK, we have Fly Away Bus and the Metro (so Bus and Tram/subway whatever), but the people who took Metro also had to take another Bus.  If its just a Bus then the answer is 2, if it's an airport shuttle then its three (after all I said that would count when I was asked).  Anyone know????

The airport shuttles from the green line are buses. I think its only two forms of transport used, a bus and a subway. A bus is a bus is a bus...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2010, 01:02:05 PM »
Hmmmm...I would think an airport shuttle bus is different from a city bus, but I can't rewatch until tonight. Will be on the lookout for the answers when I watch again though! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »
The Metro Rail does not go directly into LAX, by what was shown, it appears the teams took the Gold Line from the 7th Street station.  They would have to disembark the train near the Airport Parking Lot C and then take the Parking Lot Shuttle to the Terminals...so 3 should be the right answer...Yippeee!!!   :yess:

I don't know how nitpicky people are but it shows Allie getting on the train first, then Joe/Heidi and then it appears Steve, so are Joe/Heidi the first team?  :duno:  I have no dog is this fight I got it wrong, regardless  :'(

It was Brent who pointed out J/J were on BB, he also mentions, that Jordan won.

And, since I need all the help I can get, I agree with Gingerman on the greeter question  :tup:  Now off to add up what is no doubt a pitiful, pitiful score  :groan: :groan:  

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2010, 04:06:19 PM »
A bus is a bus is a bus. A parking lot shuttle bus is a bus. A FlyAway bus is a bus. A school bus is a bus. A double-decker bus is a bus. A red bus is a bus, a blue bus is a bus, a green bus is a bus. :colors

Not to belabor the point, regardless of where a bus starts from or its function, its still called a bus.

Did I mention I need the points?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »
I agree, 2 modes shown, metro-train and bus.  (Including the TAR bus that brought them to the start.)

(Noticed the question said from the starting line to LAX)

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2010, 04:33:19 PM »
Is there anywhere we can look at the answers we gave? Is it saved on are profile page?  I know I got some questions right and others I am unsure of. TIA

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2010, 04:36:57 PM »
Brent did say something like did you know that Jeff and Jordan were on Big Brother and that Jordan won. Shawne and Moniquie called them the JJ's. Jordan (brother) kept quoting Catie's pagent flub.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »
A bus is a bus is a bus. A parking lot shuttle bus is a bus. A FlyAway bus is a bus. A school bus is a bus. A double-decker bus is a bus. A red bus is a bus, a blue bus is a bus, a green bus is a bus. :colors

Not to belabor the point, regardless of where a bus starts from or its function, its still called a bus.

Did I mention I need the points?

We can never assume what might be, we can only go by what is actually shown on the program.  We see people getting on the metro train, we see people getting on the bus to the airport.  But we only see people leaving some kind of vehicle at the airport.  We see Brent and Caite leaving the front door of what appears to be a bus and we see Dan and Jordan leaving from the middle door of what appears to be a bus, but we never see the vehicle in its entirety so we don't know if indeed it is a bus and if it is a bus, what kind of bus it is.  If it is a parking lot shuttle bus it is never shown that that is what it is.  So we can only actually positively identify two types of public transporation used: the metro and the bus.

I looked at the tape again, and I can not identify anyone indentifying Jordan and Jeff as having appeared on the show known as Big Brother House.  The only ones I can find saying that is Jordan herself.  Brent talks about lovin' that Miss South Carolina Teen, but not about Jordan and Jeff as far as I can hear during the actual broadcast.  If someone has better ears, please identify where and when Brent or anyone else talks about JeJo.

A greeter is a person who actually greets another person.  Playing backup music is not "greeting" someone. So the the one who welcomes the teams to Valparaiso, Chile is a man (who happens to play music also) The other two musicians never greet the teams.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
I looked at the tape again, and I can not identify anyone indentifying Jordan and Jeff as having appeared on the show known as Big Brother House.  The only ones I can find saying that is Jordan herself.  Brent talks about lovin' that Miss South Carolina Teen, but not about Jordan and Jeff as far as I can hear during the actual broadcast.  If someone has better ears, please identify where and when Brent or anyone else talks about JeJo.

Yes someone did talk about them being on Big Brother. It was Brent on the Bus riding to Lax . He says does anyone know that Jeff and Jordan are Team Big Brother and Jordan was the winner of the show last season. Monique and Shawne say they are the JJ's ,but that might be different.

Jordan did talk about being the winner of Big Brother. She said she was the winner in the opening credits.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2010, 04:49:06 PM »
The one who said about the Miss Teen South Carolina was the gay of the brothers (don't know the names yet, :lol3:)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
Is there anywhere we can look at the answers we gave? Is it saved on are profile page?  I know I got some questions right and others I am unsure of. TIA

If you log in to the game, and click the link for this week, your answers will be highlighted.  I believe once mswood locks in the scores, you will see that as well.

G-Man, at about 10:35 on the full episode video, Brent mentions "Team Big Brother" and says, "She won Big Brother."  It's shortly after the TAR intro sequence.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:07:05 PM by chill_sd »

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »
Thank you chill_sd   :hearts:!

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2010, 05:19:46 PM »
Yup, one team said that "look it's team big brother..." or something like that.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
Yup, one team said that "look it's team big brother..." or something like that.

It was Brent and chill_sd gave the time when he says it .

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »
One more question about this I promise. Does the leader board mean anything right now? I looked at it and then my score and it has me confused? TIA

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2010, 05:27:01 PM »
One more question about this I promise. Does the leader board mean anything right now? I looked at it and then my score and it has me confused? TIA

Everyone still has 0 points until mswood locks in the answers/scores.  He usually posts the results in this thread also, along with next week's questions.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »

OK, we have Fly Away Bus and the Metro (so Bus and Tram/subway whatever), but the people who took Metro also had to take another Bus.  If its just a Bus then the answer is 2, if it's an airport shuttle then its three (after all I said that would count when I was asked).  Anyone know????

If you said that the shuttle would count, then I'd say stick to your word and call it 3.

5 Points - When we go to opening credits, Who is the last racer we hear speaking?

I was confused by this question. What are the opening credits? The actual opening credits do not have anyone speaking, so I wasn't sure what you were referring to. If it is the introduction to the teams, then the last team we hear speaking was Carol & Brandy, hence the answer is a woman.

A greeter is a person who actually greets another person.  Playing backup music is not "greeting" someone. So the the one who welcomes the teams to Valparaiso, Chile is a man (who happens to play music also) The other two musicians never greet the teams.

I agree. Remember Leg 8 last season? We had lots of confusion over whether the singing (I think) people on the way to the Pit Stop were actually greeters or not, and we decided it was actually the man. I think we should decide the same way we did it last time.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2010, 10:52:45 PM »
Not to keep beating on the old dog, but if the teams take the metro and have to then take another bus to the airport terminal, we must remember that the question is "How many forms of transportation do we SEE teams use going from the starting line TO the airport LAX?"  LAX is airline jargon for Los Angeles International Airport.  A parking lot is part of the airport.  Therefore even if the teams take a parking lot shuttle bus  to the airport TERMINAL, they have already ARRIVED at the AIRPORT before they boarded the bus being used as a shuttle TO GO TO THE TERMINAL.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2010, 11:04:44 PM »
Not to keep beating on the old dog, but if the teams take the metro and have to then take another bus to the airport terminal, we must remember that the question is "How many forms of transportation do we SEE teams use going from the starting line TO the airport LAX?"  LAX is airline jargon for Los Angeles International Airport.  A parking lot is part of the airport.  Therefore even if the teams take a parking lot shuttle bus  to the airport TERMINAL, they have already ARRIVED at the AIRPORT before they boarded the bus being used as a shuttle TO GO TO THE TERMINAL.

Good point. I change my mind; this is what we should go with.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2010, 11:15:19 PM »
OK,  a few questions.

Before the leg started someone asked,

"For this, do you mean any form of transportation out of the starting line, or LAX-owned shuttles which they always tend to get on)?"

I answered ," Often the shuttles used are not from LAX, but near LAX.  SO yes if they make an appearance I will count them."

Now this shuttles that are used by teams to get into LAX, are shuttles not full sized buses.

As someone who has gone town to LAX to track the shows, I had visited 5 different shuttles (before finding the one that TAR has always used in LA).  

I am leaning to not taking the 2nd bus as an "airport shuttle" that meets the criteria asked about.  I still haven't researched it though.

Next

I was confused by this question. What are the opening credits? The actual opening credits do not have anyone speaking, so I wasn't sure what you were referring to. If it is the introduction to the teams, then the last team we hear speaking was Carol & Brandy, hence the answer is a woman.

Meaning who is the last person speaking before the opening credits begin (if you are confused about a question you can always ask for clarification before the episode begins).

The last bit of dialogue before the opening credits is, "Chili here we come."  It is spoken as the camera pulls up from the highway away from the bus.  And it is a man's voice.

Next

I don't know how nitpicky people are but it shows Allie getting on the train first, then Joe/Heidi and then it appears Steve, so are Joe/Heidi the first team?    

I watched the footage, and yes we clearly see Allie enter, but we don't technically see the other three enter (meaning go from outside to inside), all three are inside.  Steve is standing still by the door, and we see the other two moving further inward.  Since the only person we see enter is Allie, we can't accurately judge the other three racers.  So on this I am sticking with Steve and Allie.

G-Man

On the issue of the greeter (I might have to check how I scored this type of question last cycle), you can greet someone in forms other then speech.  Things from handshakes, to music, to presenting flowers can all be forms of greeting.

So if last year, I counted multiple persons at the mat, (even if only one spoke) as the greeter then I will count it.  But if I didn't then I will restrict it to the person speaking.  This might take a bit (I do recall in season 12 the episode that was the first one that Ron & Christina won, we had issues over if the guard up to the mat counted but I don't want to go that far back).  So I will double check last seasons game and look (someone mentioned episode 8 so I will head over to that first.  And of course I picked a women (so no help for me).

New questions will be up tomorrow, hopefully this will be graded by then as well.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2010, 11:17:10 PM »
Not to keep beating on the old dog, but if the teams take the metro and have to then take another bus to the airport terminal, we must remember that the question is "How many forms of transportation do we SEE teams use going from the starting line TO the airport LAX?"  LAX is airline jargon for Los Angeles International Airport.  A parking lot is part of the airport.  Therefore even if the teams take a parking lot shuttle bus  to the airport TERMINAL, they have already ARRIVED at the AIRPORT before they boarded the bus being used as a shuttle TO GO TO THE TERMINAL.
If it is a parking lot shuttle I would count it.  I already stated (before the leg) that if it was a shuttle like those used in other seasons I would count that as separate.  It just doesn't look like any of the shuttles I saw teams use before in LA.  I check that actual bus info on it.