Author Topic: The Host with the Most  (Read 8255 times)

CindiLou

The Host with the Most
« on: May 15, 2004, 10:21:20 AM »

The Host with the Most: Jeff Probst of ‘Survivor’
by David Bloomberg -- 05/14/2004

Anybody can host a reality show – even Monica Lewinsky did it. But that doesn’t mean they are good at it. One man who exemplifies all the features a good host should have is Jeff Probst. Over eight seasons of Survivor, Probst has shown us why he is an integral part of the show, and why he deserves to be inducted into the Reality TV Hall of Fame.

Click http://www.realitytvhalloffame.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article1012.art&page=1 to read the entire article. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Host with the Most
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 05:38:49 PM »
I never realized just how much Jiffy does..He has a tough job..Thanks for posting this article CindiLou..He should be inducted into the Reality TV Hall of Fame. I love him..

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 07:06:11 PM »
Good article.  Thanks for posting the link Cindilou.  They are certainly right about Jeff's ability to get to the heart of the matter.  He is the perfect host for survivor.  :;>) :;>) :;>)

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 05:48:37 PM »
i did not even know there was a Reality TV Hall of Fame, but if anyone deserves it then it is Jeff.  He does an awesome job, and he isnt bad to look at either ;).

RupertRocks33

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 09:00:31 PM »
I think Jeffs a great host and theres only one thing he did I didnt like. When Osten quit he just ragged him (which is fine it was funny!  :D) But when Sue and Jenna M. Quit he didnt do that to them. Sue I kinda understand she might have taken a swing but he should have been like "Jenna u shouldnt have come out her GO HOME!" and I know yall will think im insensitive but i really hate that Osten has to live with being the big quitter when Jenna did the same thing.

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 09:43:19 PM »
Jenna had a good reason for quiting and she was right.  Osten just quit because he couldnt hack it.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 11:00:30 PM »
Puddin, I love your picture of the puddinhead.  Is that a real toy?  As for Jeff ragging on Osten.  I can see why, Osten was so buff and physically strong that Jeff could not understand how he could come all this way and then just give up---people would kill for a chance to play Survivor.  But it is all good because Osten stands by his decision to pack it in and he has no regrets.

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 07:10:43 AM »
true

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 10:33:01 AM »
OT:

Puddin, I love your picture of the puddinhead.  Is that a real toy?
thanks Bathfizzy .. ;D I did a Google search for puddin ( my cats name ) When I saw this I thought that it was sooo me  ;D..heres the site if you want to check it out..there is also a Shake a puddin  ;D
http://theimaginaryworld.com/snacksgrid.html

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 03:18:30 PM »
Jeff was good, but when you come to hosts, the best ever has got to be:

Anderson Cooper!

Anyone agree?

For those who don't know, he hosted The Mole 1 & 2 before deciding to do the CNN thing full time, leaving the  Celebrity Moles to Amahd Rashad (sp?)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 03:21:20 PM by PapaBear »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 03:50:04 PM »
I really liked him too PapaBear..Don't you wish that The Mole would go back to just regular people..no celebs..

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 03:55:32 PM »
Papa I agree Cooper was the best.  I was so mad a ABC for messing with the Mole.  Now, if there is one show, I would like to see more of that is the one.

Puddin, I hate the Celebs.  Celebs should not participate in reality shows.  I hope MB hears me, I would hate to see Celebraty Survivor.

Later,
Snickers
Snickers
Did you miss me?

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 04:33:03 PM »
The Mole was sooooooooooooo much better with regular people - the celebs could care less whether or not they won money.  They all try to sabotage the game all the time - much less fun to watch.  I would love to see a regular version come back.  I also wish they would get Cooper back but I doubt they will be able to tear him away from being a news anchor.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 05:53:21 PM »
Jeff was good, but when you come to hosts, the best ever has got to be:

Anderson Cooper!

Anyone agree?

For those who don't know, he hosted The Mole 1 & 2 before deciding to do the CNN thing full time, leaving the  Celebrity Moles to Amahd Rashad (sp?)
I love Anderson!  He was a gr8 host for The Mole!  I like Jiffy too tho...

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 06:02:37 PM »
The Mole was sooooooooooooo much better with regular people - the celebs could care less whether or not they won money.  They all try to sabotage the game all the time - much less fun to watch.  I would love to see a regular version come back.  I also wish they would get Cooper back but I doubt they will be able to tear him away from being a news anchor.
U R so right, Papa!  I was extremely disappointed ABC did not find a replacement host for Cooper.  The celebs?  I watched a few eps at first, but didn't like it at all & will not waste my time on it.

Cooper is doing quite well on CNN.  No way could they ever get him back! 
ABC, just bring back The Mole!  puhleezz?  ::)

CindiLou

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 08:09:58 PM »
I loved the Mole too and sure wish they would bring it back with regular people. I dislike celebrity editions of almost anything.

Although Anderson Cooper does an excellent job on CNN, I did not like him as a host. He was too droll.  ;)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2004, 12:08:05 AM »
Celebrity editions seem phony to me.  I'd rather have just plain down to earth peeps! :D

What about Phil Keoghin or however it's spelled! He's purdy good on TAR.  Maybe he'd be good for Mole too?

Ruday

Offline bunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 08:43:33 PM »
 Phil Keoghin I have to agree would be a good Mole host. That's a great idea !
 Have you ever met Rudy , RudyRules? I like him alot . Do you know if he has a fan club?