Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars 10  (Read 14834 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Dancing With the Stars 10
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 09:02:31 PM »
WEEK 3 DANCING SCOREBOARD:

Evan/Anna
Quickstep          9     8     9     26

Buzz/Ashly
Waltz                5     4     4    13   

Jake/Chelsie
Quickstep          7     7     7     21

Neicy/Louis
Waltz                7     7     7     21

Chad/Cheryl
Paso Doble         7     6     7     20

Pamela/Damian
Paso Doble         7     7     7     21

Aiden/Edyta
Quickstep           7     6     7     21       

Erin/Maksim
Waltz                 8     7     8     23

Kate/Tony
Paso Doble          5     5     5     15 

Nicole/Derek
Quickstep           8     6     9     23   

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 12:00:27 PM »
Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

LOVE STORY: Niecy Nash and her pro partner Louis Van Amstel gave an emotional performance in the ballroom Monday night, telling the tale of a couple in the ’60s whose love isn’t accepted. “The story was about how far we’ve come as interracial couples, because that’s what we are. But the underlying message was, yes we’ve come that far, but we’re not there yet because same sex marriage isn’t possible,” Van Amstel said. “She can get married, but I can’t yet.” Although their waltz wasn’t perfect, Nash said the couple achieved the night’s goal. “It was so full of emotion that it allowed me to forget some of my steps,” she said. “But we definitely told our story.” And Van Amstel revealed his own, saying, “I am in the beginning of something very special, and it’s the first person I would ever consider wanting to get married.”

KATE’S FAN CLUB: Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani may have only scored 15 points out of 30 for their paso doble, but they’re counting it as a win. “This was the best [performance] yet,” Gosselin said. “The judges have their comments, but I’m out there to prove this to myself.” And, according to Dovolani, she did. “I’m so proud of her,” he said. “As long as we feel like we conquer something, that’s a win to me.” As far as getting votes is concerned, Gosselin can count on at least eight little ones. “They’re really proud of me, they vote like crazy,” she says of her kids. “I talked to them a half hour before the show, and my Mady said, ‘What are you doing calling me a half hour before Dancing with the Stars?’ She’s like a little mother.”

CHERYL’S NEW BLING: After dancing the paso doble in a performance about a matador trying to seduce a reluctant woman, Cheryl Burke and her partner Chad Ochocinco talked about her new sparkler. “The ring is from Chad, it’s bright and has lots of diamonds,” she said. “He presented it to me on one knee!” But sometimes a ring is just a ring. “The reason is a thank-you and an appreciation for what I put her through,” Ochocinco said. “She’s helping me in this wonderful journey. That’s what you do when you spend so much time with someone. I feel like we’re a couple, even though we’re not.” Still, a guy can hope! “Never say never,” Burke said of a potential romance. “Right now it’s business, but it could be pleasure.”

LEADERS OF THE PACK: Evan Lysacek and partner Anna Trebunskaya took the top score Monday night — despite a case of the jitters over his broken toes. “I feel it a little bit. I was nervous,” he said of taking to the floor with an injury. “I don’t want to let Anna down. We’ve been working hard.” Actually, the Olympian seemed more concerned with his hair than his feet. “Feel my hair. It’s so gross and [crusty from hairspray],” he said. “Do you even think shampoo is going to penetrate this? It felt like the hairstylist was literally gluing my hair.”

THE BACHELOR and THE DRILL SERGEANT: Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower said they were happy with their quickstep but have high hopes for the coming weeks. “I feel like we’ll have that breakthrough dance,” he said. “I feel it coming! She’s driving it out of me.” The pair, who had a fight during rehearsals, said it was tough to revisit it before they took the floor. “To watch yourself have that frustration and live that right before you dance, it takes a toll on you,” Hightower said. But, according to Pavelka, it’s not personal. “If she wasn’t that way, almost like a drill sergeant,” he says, “it would scare me.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/04/06/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-39/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 09:03:41 PM »
WEEK 4 DANCING SCOREBOARD

DOUBLE SCORE SHOWDOWN

Two sets of scores

T for Technique

P for Performance

Erin/Maksim             T      6     6     6     18
Tango                    P      7     7     7     21=39

Evan/Anna              T      9     8     9     26
Tango                    P       9     8    9     26=52

Neicy/Louis             T       6     6     6     18
Rumba                    P       6     6     6     18=36

Aiden/Edyta             T      5     5     5     15
Rumba                    P       6     6     6     18=33

Nicole/Derek            T       9     8     8     25
Rumba                    P       8     8     9     25=50

Jake/Chelsie            T       6     7     6     19
Tango                    P       7     6     6      19=38

Kate/Tony              T        4     5     5     14 
Tango                    P        6     6     6     18=32

Chad/Cheryl            T        7     6     8     21
Rumba                    P        8     7     8     23=44

Pamela/Damian         T        7     8     8     23
Rumba                     P        8     7     9     24=47

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »

TEAM KATE: She had the night’s lowest score, but Kate Gosselin couldn’t keep from smiling backstage after Monday’s show. Minutes before she performed, the mom of eight, who’s in the throes of a custody battle with her ex, heard the crowd cheer, “Go Kate! Hang in there!” The support, she tells PEOPLE, is “amazing. I felt love from everyone in that room. There was love and concern and care and, and that’s why I dance — for my kids and the fans.” Kate knows she’s not the best dancer on the show, but she’s determined to keep going. “I know that people naysay. I know that they are setting me up to fail, I know the stuff that’s out there, but I’m not going to quit,” she says. “I’m going to strive to do better. I have to walk away from every experience in my life knowing that I did my best and gave it my all, and this is no different.” Hearing that declaration was music to Tony Dovolani’s ears. “I am so proud of her,” he said. “She’s so strong and I didn’t want her to have one weak moment this week. She can’t go in a corner and cry. She needs to get out there and say, ‘No!’ And that’s what she did.”

KEEPING IT FRESH: Monday night’s “dances of love” theme had a few couples popping more than their fair share of breath mints. But Nicole Scherzinger joked that partner Derek Hough’s “breath is kicking like Bruce Lee!” The two, who are constantly joking around backstage, laughed at the line, which Scherzinger confesses, “I heard in a movie.” The truth is the couple’s breath “is always fresh,” Hough insists.

DOUBLE TROUBLE? Did Monday night’s ‘double scoring showdown’ delight the contestants or discourage them? The opinions were mixed: “It brought attention to detail,” Hough said. “As we saw, they were truly hard on us tonight in general, but I think it was good and it grounded everybody.” Cheryl Burke also liked the new scoring method. “In the studio we always work on technique and we always work on performance,” she said, “so it’s nice to see them separated.” Maksim Chmerkovskiy, however, was not a fan. “It was a double opportunity to score somebody wrong,” Chermovskiy says, noting that some of the judges’ comments did not reflect the scores they gave the contestants. “A lot of couples were confused.”

SLIP ‘N’ SLIDE: Jake Pavelka almost fell during his tango with Chelsie Hightower when the heel of his shoe slid on the hardwood floor, causing The Bachelor star to lose his footing. “[In rehearsals] Chelsie said maybe I should put something on my heel to keep it from slipping, but I thought it would be fine,” Pavelka says. “That’s going to cost us some votes.” And Pavelka, who was in the bottom two last week, may not have any to spare. “You’re never safe. You always have to vote,” he says. “My brothers didn’t even vote for me last week because they thought I’d be okay.”

DARK HORSE: Now four weeks into the competition, Pamela Anderson is emerging as a contestant to watch. Her sultry rumba had tongues wagging Monday and her partner bragging. “She was all butterflies backstage,” Damian Whitewood says. To calm her nerves, “we just focused on our connection. This week was good because we worked a lot harder on the technique and the timing, so she was more confident with the ground work … The last run-through we did before we go on, she nailed it. There was no question."

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/04/13/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-40/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 01:22:38 AM »
Tuesday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

AWAY FROM HOME: After an emotional goodbye to soap star Aiden Turner on Tuesday’s show, Kate Gosselin and partner Tony Dovolani told PEOPLE they have found more than their tango to bond over: It’s difficult for both to be away from their kids. Dovolani says that traveling between L.A. and Pennsylvania, where Gosselin lives and rehearses, has meant that he only sees his daughter Luana, 4, and twins Adrian and Ariana, 2, for a couple of hours a week. “It’s not easy,” says the dancer, whose wife Lina stays at home in Connecticut. “I can talk to my daughter on the phone … I don’t quite understand all the conversations we have, but as long as she hears my voice, she’s knows I’m there.” The silver lining: parents who sympathize may be key to their success. “I think it’s moms and women,” Gosselin says of their supporters. “The fan base is [ages] 2 to 102. I imagine it’s people who believe in me more than I believe in myself. And the people who think Tony is good looking and love his abs!”

AFTERPARTY: Following Monday’s performance show, some of the cast headed to L.A. music venue The Mint, where they saw Mark Ballas (who was voted off in the second week of the season) perform in concert. “We’ve known each other since we were kids,” says Cheryl Burke, who went without partner Chad Ochocinco. “It’s nice to support his other passion. He’s so talented. He plays his guitar, he sings — he’s got that John Mayer feeling.” But he doesn’t necessarily need support from costarts, which included Derek Hough and Nicole Scherzinger. “There were tons of girls in the front row,” Burke says. “It was so cute.”

PERFORMANCE ANXIETY: While Jake Pavelka loves having fiancée Vienna Girardi in the audience cheering him on every week — “It’s so nice to feel her support,” he says — not every contestant wants their significant other in the audience. Scherzinger, whose boyfriend is Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton, says she’s perfectly happy with him tuning in via satellite. “I hope he gets to come back,” she says. “But honestly, it makes you a little bit more nervous when your loved ones are in the audience!”

OLD STOMPING GROUND: Season 6 contestant Marissa Jaret Winokur returned to the Dancing set Tuesday to catch up — and show off her svelte new figure. The actress, who in January said she would not return has host to Oxygen’s Dance Your Ass Off in part because of producers’ complaints about her appearance, tells PEOPLE she’s dropped 30 lbs. In November, Winokur went to the Fitness Ridge to kick-start her weight loss and she says she has 15 lbs. to lose before she hits her target weight. In the meantime, she’s working on developing a new show. Her dream? “A reality show that is something for moms,” she says. “I love being a mom. It’s all I want to talk about!”

DIRTY LAUNDRY: With plans to head to the East Coast to continue his Stars on Ice tour after Tuesday’s elimination, Evan Lysacek says he’s in a packing predicament. “I haven’t done laundry for two weeks,” he confessed. “I haven’t even had time to unpack my suitcase and repack.” Anna Trebunskaya offered her partner a creative solution: “You’re going to have to leave it for Erin [Andrews],” she quipped. He liked the idea: “Maybe she’ll do my laundry for me,” he said. Don’t count on it!

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/04/14/tuesdays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-32/#more-26950

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2010, 12:48:03 AM »
This Monday is Movie Night and the dancers will be dancing to songs from movies and the dances the pairs are doing are...

Evan/Anna         Rumba

Erin/Maksim        Jive

Jake/Chelsie       Cha Cha Cha

Kate/Tony          Foxtrot

Pamela/Damian    Quickstep

Nicole/Derek       Tango

Neicy/Louis         Jive

Chad/Cheryl        Quickstep 

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2010, 01:10:37 AM »
ABC press release:

ON NEXT WEEK’S DANCING WITH THE STARS (4/19 & 4/20)

THE FOURTH COUPLE IS ELIMINATED ON "DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW," TUESDAY, APRIL 20, ON ABC

Platinum Selling Soul Artist Maxwell Performs his Chart-Topping Single, "Fistful of Tears"

Costa Rican Singing Sensation Debi Nova Performs her Newest Single

Macy's "Stars of Dance" Pays Tribute to Memorable Movie Dances with Choreography
by Marguerite Derricks and a Special Appearance by Debbie Allen

"Episode 1005/1005A" - This week on "Dancing with the Stars," it's movie night, with eight remaining couple doing the Jive, Quickstep, Cha Cha Cha, Tango, Foxtrot and Rumba to iconic songs from famous films such as "Pulp Fiction," "Breakfast Club" and "Risky Business," among others. For the first time this season, the Monday night broadcast will be a 90-minute show, MONDAY, APRIL 19, (8:00-9:30 p.m.,ET), on the ABC Television Network.

On Tuesday, the fourth couple to be eliminated this season will be sent home on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," TUESDAY, APRIL 20 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET).

Also this week, Platinum-selling soul star Maxwell will perform his chart-topping single "Fistful of Tears" on Tuesday. The singer/songwriter recently scored a three-peat with "Fistful of Tears," his third consecutive No. 1 on Billboard's Urban Adult airplay charts, making him the first male artist to achieve this feat. Grammy Award winner superstars Maxwell and Jill Scott will kick off their U.S. arena tour on May 21 in Cleveland. Maxwell is catapulting off his two recent Grammy Awards and his No. 1, platinum "BLACKsummers'night" (Columbia), which dominated year-end critics lists. Last fall, Maxwell entered the history books at Billboard when "Pretty Wings" and "Bad Habits," the first two singles from "BLACKsummers'night," monopolized the top two slots on the Adult R&B radio airplay chart.

Costa Rican singing sensation, Debi Nova, will perform her newest single "Drummer Boy," while pros Derek Hough, Damian Whitewood, Tony Dovolani and Dmitry Chaplin accompany her on the dance floor. Her first single was co-written by Nova and produced by Marius de Vries and Dreamlab. Nova is set to release her Spanish/English, hybrid debut album, "Luna Nueva," on Decca/Surco Records this May. Nova has amassed an impressive body of work including six Grammy-nominated projects, a No. 1 single, collaborations with the likes of Black Eyed Peas and Ricky Martin, and touring the world. She has been writing and performing professionally since the age of 14 and signed her first songwriter deal at the age of 17, subsequently penning songs for Latin recording artists Belinda and RBD, Sean Paul, Mark Ronson and her own single, "One Rhythm," which reached No. 1 in Latin America and on the U.S. dance charts. The forthcoming "Luna Nueva," co-produced by Surco Records founder Gustavo Santaoalla (two-time Oscar winner, multiple Grammy and Latin Grammy winner, Juanes, CafŽ Tacvba) and Marius de Vries (five-time Grammy Award nominee, two-time BAFTA winner, Madonna, Josh Groban), is an irresistible hybrid of Latin rhythms and straight-ahead pop.

This week's Macy's "Stars of Dance" performance is "Dance in Movies," a powerful tribute to some of the most memorable dances from films throughout the ages. The performance will be arranged by award-winning choreographer, Marguerite Derricks, who reprises some her famous choreography from "Austin Powers" and "Fame," with a special appearance by Debbie Allen.

Also on Tuesday, "Dancing" alum and comedian Adam Carolla will be back do a comic "between the mirror balls" bit.

Among the eight couples remaining in the competition, one of the following teams will be sent home on Tuesday:

PAMELA ANDERSON (actress and model) and partner DAMIAN WHITEWOOD.

ERIN ANDREWS (ESPN host) and partner MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY.

KATE GOSSELIN (TLC star) and partner TONY DOVOLANI.

EVAN LYSACEK (Olympic figure skating champion) and partner ANNA TREBUNSKAYA.

NIECY NASH (comedienne and host) and partner LOUIS VAN AMSTEL.

CHAD OCHOCINCO (NFL star) and partner CHERYL BURKE.

JAKE PAVELKA ("The Bachelor" star) and partner CHELSIE HIGHTOWER.

NICOLE SCHERZINGER (pop star) and partner DEREK HOUGH.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=041610_02

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 01:18:46 AM »
WEEK 5 DANCING SCOREBOARD

MOVIE NIGHT WEEK

Neicy/Louis
Jive                    6     6     6     18

Chad/Cheryl
Quickstep            6     6     6     18

Erin/Maksim
Jive                    7     7     8     22

Jake/Chelsie
Cha Cha Cha        8     7     8     23

Pamela/Damian
Quickstep            7     6     8     21

Kate/Tony
Foxtrot               5     5     5     15

Nicole/Derek
Tango                10    9    10     29

Evan/Anna
Rumba                 9     9     9     27

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 01:35:27 PM »

FRISKY BUSINESS: Recreating Tom Cruise’s iconic underwear scene from Risky Business was, well, risky for Jake Pavelka. He’s jumped into hot tubs on The Bachelor, but dancing the cha cha in undies required baby steps. “I rehearsed for the first time today in underwear and there was about five people,” Pavelka tells PEOPLE. “Then about 20 people, and then for dress rehearsal about 40 people. And then we did it tonight for about 25 million people.” Pavelka’s partner, Chelsie Hightower, “was loving every minute of it,” she says. “I was laughing my head off.” Meanwhile, Derek Hough was impressed: “I love how he just comes out and doesn’t hold back. He just goes for it,” he says. “There’s no way my chicken legs are ever making an appearance on this show!”

GETTIN’ JIGGLY WITH IT: Len Goodman said Niecy Nash needed more bounce in her jive and less in her “bazookas.” But her partner disagrees. “If she didn’t bounce,” Louis van Amstel says, “the top wouldn’t bounce the way they did.” Nash defends her voluptuousness: “If there was a category for best jiggly parts on the leader board I would win. Why? Because I’m the only person in this competition with jiggly parts.” When asked about potential wardrobe malfunctions, Nash says, “I don’t even think about being part of Nipplegate 2010. If I am, I welcome it because … seeing this would be a gift.”

WHAT’S NEXT? During rehearsals, Cheryl Burke felt pressure to make sure her quickstep with Chad Ochocinco was the best it could be. Because of that, she didn’t indulge her partner in any playful banter. “I wanted to get the job done. Our relationship hasn’t changed,” Burke swears. “The ring is still on. I haven’t divorced him!” Burke has been sporting the $10,000 diamond ring her partner gave her earlier this season (he says it’s a thank you for her hard work) on her wedding ring finger. Why there? “This is where he wants it,” Burke says. Actually, Ocho says, “I guessed her ring size and that’s the finger it fit.” What will he give her if they win the competition? “When it happens then you’ll find out,” he says.

DOWN BUT NOT OUT: They can handle getting the lowest scored of the night, but hearing the judges’ harsh comments are another story for Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani, who both got visits from their families this week. Bruno called Gosselin was “catatonic” and said Dovolani could have gotten more out of a “frock on a coat hanger.” “It hit me hard tonight that her kids and my kids watch the judges be mean to their parents every week,” Dovolani says. Gosselin says the judges’ reaction “is getting a little bit more difficult for me,” but she’s defiant. “Knock me down as many times as you need to,” she says, “I’ll still get up.”

FAMILY MATTERS: Having loved ones around this week lessened the sting for the pair. “It is amazing to have my wife [Lina] here,” he tells PEOPLE. “Her timing is impeccable. It’s as if she knew I was going to need her this week.” Meanwhile, Gosselin’s eight children also paid a visit. “To have my little chickies under my wings was ridiculously wonderful,” she says. “There was a new bounce in my step to have them close and know that I could feed them breakfast and take them to Disneyland for a little bit. They laughed harder than they have in a long time.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/04/20/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-41/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
ABC press release:

Friday, April 23, 2010
ABC Television Network
On next week's Dancing with the Stars (4/26 & 27)

THE COMPETITION GETS TOUGH ON MONDAY'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS,"
AS THE REMAINING COUPLES COMPETE IN A SWING DANCE MARATHON,
AND ON TUESDAY, APRIL 27, THE FIFTH COUPLE IS ELIMINATED,
ON ABC'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW"

Grammy and Academy Award-Winning Artist Melissa Etheridge Performs Two of Her Hits

Emmy Award-Winning Benise and His Fiery Spanish Guitar Perform "Salsa Salsa"

"Episode 1006/1006A - This week on "Dancing with the Stars," the competition heats up as the remaining couples will take on a new challenge with the Samba or Argentine Tango, and all seven teams will hit the dance floor together in a swing dance marathon. In another twist on this week's competition show, each celebrity will design the costumes for his/her team's number, MONDAY, APRIL 26 (8:00-9:32 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

On following night, the fifth couple to be eliminated this season will be sent home, on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," TUESDAY, APRIL 27 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET).

Performing on Tuesday will be Grammy and Academy Award-winning singer/songwriter Melissa Etheridge. Accompanied on the dance floor by Edyta Sliwinska and Alec Mazo, she will sing the massive hit "Come to my Window" from her six-time platinum album "Yes I Am," which spent two and a half years on the album chart and earned her a second Best Female Rock Vocal Performance Grammy. Etheridge will also perform the first single, "Fearless Love," from her triumphant new album of the same title, which arrives April 27 on Island Records. The single has already hit Top 25 on the Hot Adult Contemporary chart and has risen to #10 on the Triple A chart. Series dance pros Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Anna Trebunskaya, Chelsie Hightower and Tony Dovolani will accompany this performance.

Also this week, world class Nuevo Flamenco/Spanish guitarist Benise will perform "Salsa Salsa" from his Emmy winning multi-cultural stage show. Benise's new special, "The Spanish Guitar," will be airing on PBS in June with a nationwide tour this Fall. "The Spanish Guitar" was filmed over three years and across 10 countries. Benise, armed with his Spanish guitar, takes us on a spectacular journey of music and dance through Spanish Flamenco, Cuban Salsa, African Rhythms, Argentinean Tango and Brazilian Samba. Backed by a stage full of musicians, an orchestra and 12 elaborately choreographed dancers, the show captures world music at its best. Special guests include Dave Koz, Kimberly Locke, Giorgia Fumanti and "Dancing with The Stars" pro couple Nick and Lena Kosovich. Benise has produced, arranged and released eight albums on his own independent record label, Rosanegra Music, plus three DVDs on Rosanegra Films.

Among the seven couples remaining in the competition, one of the following teams will be sent home on Tuesday:

¥         PAMELA ANDERSON (actress and model) and partner DAMIAN WHITEWOOD.

¥         ERIN ANDREWS (ESPN host) and partner MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY.

¥         EVAN LYSACEK (Olympic figure skating champion) and partner ANNA TREBUNSKAYA.

¥         NIECY NASH (comedienne and host) and partner LOUIS VAN AMSTEL.

¥         CHAD OCHOCINCO (NFL star) and partner CHERYL BURKE.

¥         JAKE PAVELKA ("The Bachelor" star) and partner CHELSIE HIGHTOWER.

¥         NICOLE SCHERZINGER (pop star) and partner DEREK HOUGH.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=042310_05

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 02:02:30 AM »
WEEK 6 DANCING SCOREBOARD

SAMBA AND ARGENTINE TANGO ROUTINES

SWING DANCE MARATHON

Jake/Chelsie
Samba                       7     7     7     21

Evan/Anna
Samba                       7     7     7     21 

Neicy/Louis
Argentine Tango          7     7     7     21

Erin/Maksim
Samba                       9     7     9     25

Chad/Cheryl
Argentine Tango          8     8     8     24

Nicole/Derek
Samba                       9     7    10    26

Pamela/Damian
Argentine Tango          7     7     8     22

SWING DANCE

Jake/Chelsie                4 + 21=25

Evan/Anna                  6 + 21=27

Neicy/Louis                 5 + 21=26

Erin/Maksim                9 + 25=34

Chad/Cheryl               7 + 24=31

Nicole/Derek              10 +26=36

Pamela/Damian            8 + 22=30       

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 04:04:34 AM »
The line-up for next week's performances:

Chad/Cheryl      Viennese Waltz
Pamela/Damian   Waltz
Evan/Anna         Argentine Tango
Nicole/Derek       Waltz
Erin/Maksim        Quickstep
Neicy/Louis         Quickstep

Pairs split in two teams dancing the Cha Cha Cha

TEAM MADONNA:
Evan/Anna
Erin/Maksim
Neicy/Louis

TEAM LADY GAGA:
Nicole/Derek
Chad/Cheryl
Pamela/Damian 

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 01:43:08 AM »
ABC press release:

THIS SEASON'S SIX REMAINING COUPLES TEAM UP IN A CHA CHA CHALLENGE
AND THE SIXTH COUPLE IS ELIMINATED, ON "DANCING WITH THE STARS
THE RESULTS SHOW," TUESDAY, MAY 4, ON ABC
Grammy Award-Winning Band "Train" Perform Two of Their Hits

"Macy's Stars of Dance" Features a Magnificent Performance
from "Viva ELVIS" by Cirque du Soleil®

"Episode 1007/1007A - This week on "Dancing with the Stars," the competition gets twice as tough as the six remaining couples perform two dances. Each couple will perform a dance they've not yet done in the competition, including the Quickstep, The Viennese Waltz, the Waltz or the Argentine Tango. They'll then team up with their competitors in the Cha Cha Challenge, when Team GaGa's Pam & Damian, Cheryl & Chad and Nicole & Derek, dancing to Lady GaGa's "Telephone," go toe-to-toe with Team Madonna's Evan & Anna, Niecy & Louis and Erin and Maks, performing to Madonna's "Holiday," in a 90-minute show, MONDAY, MAY 3 (8:00-9:30 p.m., ET) on ABC.

The next night, the sixth couple to be eliminated this season will be sent home on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," TUESDAY, MAY 4 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET). Performing two of their biggest chart-toppers will be the multi-platinum selling band "Train." The band, who have seen three of their albums reach the Top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart and have sold more than 4 million albums in the U.S., will play their Grammy Award-winning megahit, "Drops of Jupiter," accompanied by pros Karina Smirnoff and Louis Van Amstel on the dance floor. They will also perform their newest single, "Hey, Soul Sister," from their "Save Me, San Francisco" album on Columbia Records, and will be accompanied on the floor by pros Mark Ballas, Chelsie Hightower, Dmitry Chaplin, Lacey Schwimmer, Toni Dovolani and Cheryl Burke. This single has been certified RIAA Double Platinum (selling more than 2 million copies) and soared up the Billboard charts, peaking at #6 on the Hot 100 chart, #1 on the Adult Top 40 Chart and #1 on iTunes.

This week's Macy's "Stars of Dance" performance features "Viva ELVIS by Cirque du Soleil," with a medley of Elvis Presley's iconic hits "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Heartbreak Hotel." Cirque du Soleil, in partnership with Elvis Presley Enterprises, a CKX, Inc company, celebrates Elvis Presley with a harmonious fusion of dance, acrobatics and live music. Created in the image of The King of Rock 'n' Roll - powerful, sexy, truly unique and larger than life - the show highlights an American icon who transformed popular music and whose image embodies the freedom, excitement and turbulence of his era. In paying homage to the music of Elvis, Cirque du Soleil set out to present the songs of The King of Rock 'n' Roll in a contemporary form that evokes the spirit of Elvis in every way. Thirty of Elvis' songs are used in the production, with remixes designed to accentuate and boost the emotional charge of his performances. Elvis' voice is the only male singing voice in Viva Elvis, joined occasionally by live female singers and an energetic live band. For the first time in over 30 years, Elvis fans and music-lovers alike are able to hear his voice in its true and fantastic form - live and on stage in Las Vegas at ARIA Resort & Casino.

Among the six couples remaining in the competition, one of the following teams will be sent home on Tuesday:

¥     PAMELA ANDERSON (actress and model) and partner DAMIAN WHITEWOOD.

¥     ERIN ANDREWS (ESPN host) and partner MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY.

¥     EVAN LYSACEK (Olympic figure skating champion) and partner ANNA TREBUNSKAYA.

¥     NIECY NASH (comedienne and host) and partner LOUIS VAN AMSTEL.

¥     CHAD OCHOCINCO (NFL star) and partner CHERYL BURKE.

¥     NICOLE SCHERZINGER (pop star) and partner DEREK HOUGH.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=043010_04

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 02:35:09 AM »
WEEK 7 DANCING SCOREBOARD:

Individual Dances

Group Cha Cha Showdown

Erin/Maksim
Quickstep             9     9     9    27

Chad/Cheryl
Viennese Waltz     8    9     8     25

Nicole/Derek
Waltz                  9    9    9    27

Pamela/Damian
Waltz                  8     8    8    24   

Neicy/Louis
Quickstep             9     8    8     25

Evan/Anna
Argentine Tango    10   10    10    30

CHA CHA SHOWDOWN

TEAM LADY GAGA

Nicole/Derek
Chad/Cheryl
Pamela/Damian        9     9     9     27

TEAM MADONNA

Evan/Anna
Erin/Maksim
Neicy/Louis              8     8     8   24

COMBINED SCORES:

Erin/Maksim               51

Chad/Cheryl               52

Nicole/Derek               54

Pamela/Damian            51

Neicy/Louis                 49

Evan/Anna                  54   

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 08:36:35 AM »
ABC press release:

"DANCING WITH THE STARS'" COLLEGE COMPETITION KICKS OFF,
AND THE GIPSY KINGS PERFORM THE SIGNATURE SONG FROM DISNEY PIXAR'S
UPCOMING "TOY STORY 3," ON "DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW,"
TUESDAY, MAY 11, ON ABC

"Dance Center" with Len Goodman, Kenny Mayne and Jerry Rice Returns

"Episode 1008/1008A" - The competition grows tougher than ever this week on "Dancing with the Stars," when our five remaining couples perform two individual dances for the first time. In the Latin round, each couple will be asked to perform to a randomly chosen theme from an era in time, MONDAY, MAY 10 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

On TUESDAY, MAY 11 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" will mark the first of three weeks of the "DWTS" college competition, in which dance teams of 8-10 members from two universities will compete against one another in a formation ballroom showdown. This week, troops from Purdue University (West Lafayette, Indiana) and University of California San Diego (UCSD) will face off on the floor, with 50 students from each school in attendance to cheer them on. The following Tuesday (May 18), two more school teams will go toe to toe. Following each of these two rounds, viewers will be asked to vote to determine the winner of that week's heat. Viewers can vote via phone and on abc.com. In the third and final week of the college contest, the victors from each week will compete against one another, with the final winning team to be chosen by judges Carrie Ann, Len and Bruno

On Tuesday, the fan favorite "Dance Center," with judge Len Goodman and "DWTS" alums Kenny Mayne and Jerry Rice, will return.

Also on Tuesday, world famous band Gipsy Kings will perform their flamenco-flavored rendition of "You've Got a Friend in Me" ("Para Buzz Espa–ol"), the iconic signature song for "Disney Pixar's Toy Story" franchise and the upcoming Disney¥Pixar's "Toy Story 3," as pros Tony, Cheryl, Dmitry and Kym accompany them on the dance floor in a Paso Doble. The group will also perform their internationally celebrated hit "Bamboleo." For almost two decades the Gipsy Kings have been musical heavyweights, filling international arenas and selling over 18 million albums. The group consists of two bands of brothers, the Reyes (Nicolas, Canut, Paul, Patchai, Andre) and the Baliardos (Tonino, Paco, Diego). In 1987 The Gipsy Kings' self-titled debut album introduced the world to 'rumba Gitana' - the sound of South America's rumba rhythm married to flamenco guitars - and with "Bamboleo" they scored a huge international hit. "Pasajero" is very much a product of the South of France's cultural flux. The Gipsy Kings are that rare thing, a household name famous solely for their music; the most successful French musical outfit ever are big in Brazil and popular (extremely so) in Persia, honoured at The Alamo in Texas and celebrated in China. Across "Pasajero's" 14 tracks, raw flamenco, jazzy guitar, Latin rhythms, Cuban pop, even traces of reggae and Arabic music weave together.

Among the five couples remaining in the competition, one of the following teams will be sent home on Tuesday:

¥     ERIN ANDREWS (ESPN host) and partner MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY.

¥     EVAN LYSACEK (Olympic figure skating champion) and partner ANNA TREBUNSKAYA.

¥     NEICY NASH (comedienne and host) and partner LOUIS VAN AMSTEL.

¥     CHAD OCHOCINCO (NFL star) and partner CHERYL BURKE.

¥     NICOLE SCHERZINGER (pop star) and partner DEREK HOUGH.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=050710_04

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
WEEK 8 DANCING SCOREBOARD:

ROUND ONE....BALLROOM:

Chad/Cheryl
Tango                7     7     7     21

Niecy/Louis
Viennese Waltz    7     8      8     23

Erin/Maksim
Argentine Tango   9    10     9     28

Evan/Anna
Waltz                  9     9     9     27

Nicole/Derek
Foxtrot               10    9     10    29 

ROUND TWO....LATIN

Chad/Cheryl
Jive                    8     8     8     24

Niecy/Louis
Paso Doble           7     6     7     20

Erin/Maksim
Rumba                 8     8     9     25

Evan/Anna
Cha Cha Cha        9     8     9     26

Nicole/Derek
Paso Doble         10    10    10    30

COMBINED SCORES

Chad/Cheryl      45

Niecy/Louis       43

Erin/Maksim       53     

Evan/Anna        53

Nicole/Derek      59

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 02:30:48 AM »
WEEK 9 DANCING SCOREBOARD:

SEMI-FINALS

ROUND ONE: BALLROOM

Erin/Maksim
Viennese Waltz              9     9     9     27

Nicole/Derek
Argentine Tango           10    10    10    30

Chad/Cheryl
Waltz                          9     9     9     27

Evan/Anna
Foxtrot                      10     9    10    29

ROUND TWO: LATIN

Erin/Maksim
Paso Doble                 10    9    10    29

Nicole/Derek
Cha Cha Cha               10    9    10     29

Chad/Cheryl
Samba                         8     8     9     25

Evan/Anna
Paso Doble                   10   10    10   30

COMBINED SCORES:

Erin/Maksim      56             

Nicole/Derek     59

Chad/Cheryl      52

Evan/Anna        59           

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 10:58:55 AM »
I forgot to post this on Friday but here's the press release from ABC for this week.....

Friday, May 14, 2010
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
NEXT WEEK ON DANCING WITH THE STARS (5/17 & 18)

FOUR REMAINING COUPLES COMPETE IN THE SEMIFINALS OF"DANCING WITH THE STARS," MONDAY, MAY 17 ON ABC
MILEY CYRUS MAKES LIVE TELEVISION DEBUT OF NEW HIT SINGLE, "CAN'T BE TAMED," AND SARAH MCLACHLAN PERFORMS A TWO-SONG MEDLEY OF HER NEW SINGLE, "LOVING YOU IS EASY," AND HER NO. 1 HIT, "ANGEL," ON "DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW," TUESDAY, MAY 18

"Macy's Stars of Dance" Presents its Design-a-Dance with Alums Melissa Rycroft and Joey Fatone

College Competition Continues with Teams from Rutgers and Utah Valley Universities
"Episode 1009/1009A - Four remaining couples face off in the semifinals of "Dancing with the Stars," performing one new Ballroom and one new Latin dance to determine which three couples will make it to the finals, MONDAY, MAY 17 (8:00-9:30 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

On TUESDAY, MAY 18 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," multiplatinum recording artist and actress Miley Cyrus will perform the live television debut of her new hit single, "Can't Be Tamed," from her upcoming album releasing June 22 on Hollywood Records. The youngest-ever recording artist with five chart topping debuts, Cyrus has sold over 15 million records, including the EP, "The Time of Our Lives," which featured her No. 1 hit, "Party in the USA."

Also performing a medley of her new single, "Loving You is Easy," and her classic, "Angel," on Tuesday is groundbreaking, Grammy Award-winning, multiplatinum recording artist Sarah McLachlan. Accompanying her on the dance floor will be pros Jonathan, Anna, Kym, Dmitry, Damian and Lacey. McLachlan releases her new album, "Laws of Illusion," on June 15th -- her first studio album of brand new songs in seven years -- on Arista Records. She has sold over 40 million recordings worldwide since her recording career began in 1988 with her debut album. Each and every one of her albums has been certified Gold or Platinum. McLachlan's public service announcement created to benefit the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) has raised a record-breaking $30 million and is considered one of the most successful fundraising efforts ever. In 1997, as co-founder of Lilith Fair (www.lilithfair.com), a celebration of women in music, she kick-started an entire cultural movement when told that there was no audience for touring female musicians. Lilith brought together nearly two million people over its three-year history (1997-1999) and raised more than $10 million for charities, benefiting women's shelters along the tour route. After 11 years, Lilith makes its return with a 36-city summer tour from June 27 through August 16.

In the final "Macy's Stars of Dance" performance of the season, the Macy's Design-a-Dance will feature the song, celebrities and costume design selected by the public through votes on abc.com. The dance will feature a spectacular performance by Season 6's Melissa Rycroft and Season 4's Joey Fatone doing the tango to "Rock 'n Roll All Nite" by KISS, wearing the winning costume design.

Tuesday's show will also mark the second of three weeks of the "DWTS" college competition, in which dance teams of 8-10 members from two universities compete against one another in a formation ballroom showdown. This week, troops from Utah Valley University (Orem, UT) and Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Newark/New Brunswick/Camden, NJ), will face off on the floor with 50 students from each school in attendance to cheer them on. Following this second round, viewers will be asked to vote to determine the winner of the week's heat. Viewers can vote via phone and on abc.com. In the third and final week of the college contest, the victors from each week will compete against one another, with the final winning team to be chosen by judges Carrie Ann, Len and Bruno.

Among the four couples competing in the semifinals, one of the following will be sent home on Tuesday:

•   ERIN ANDREWS (ESPN host) and partner MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY.

•   EVAN LYSACEK (Olympic figure skating champion) and partner ANNA TREBUNSKAYA.

•   CHAD OCHOCINCO (NFL star) and partner CHERYL BURKE.

•   NICOLE SCHERZINGER (pop star) and partner DEREK HOUGH.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=051410_04

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2010, 12:48:07 AM »
ABC press release:

Friday, May 21, 2010
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
NEXT WEEK ON DANCING WITH THE STARS (5/24 & 25)

SEASON FINALE

WHO WILL TAKE HOME THE COVETED MIRROR BALL TROPHY,
THE OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, THE ESPN BROADCASTER OR THE PUSSYCAT DOLL?,
ON THE FINAL TWO NIGHTS OF ABC'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS"

All Eleven Couples Return to Dance New Routines

Winner of College Competition is Announced

"Episode 10010/10010A - After ten weeks of surprises and electrifying performances, Erin Andrews, Evan Lysacek and Nicole Scherzinger will have one last chance to shine before a "Dancing with the Stars" champion is crowned. The three finalists and their pro dance partners, who have remained in the competition for nine weeks, will return to impress the judges and viewers on two final nights, MONDAY, MAY 24 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), and concluding on the Season Finale, TUESDAY,
MAY 25 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

In the final performance show on MONDAY, MAY 24 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), the couples will compete against one another with two dances. The first number, the redemption dance, represents the style that the judges felt the couples most underperformed, giving each the opportunity to show their improvement by performing a new routine to new music. The judges have selected the following dance styles: The Samba for Erin and Maks, the Viennese Waltz for Evan and Anna, and the Rumba for Nicole and Derek. The three contenders will also perform the highly anticipated and fan favorite "no rules" Freestyle dance.

In the two-hour finale on TUESDAY, MAY 25 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), the competition continues as the three finalists perform their favorite dance of the season and are ranked by the judges. For the first time ever, all three couples have chosen the same dance, the Argentine Tango. Once the third-place winner is announced, the remaining two teams will perform a fourth and final dance for the judges' scores, which will be combined with the other scores and viewer votes.

In Tuesday's Finale, all previously eliminated couples will return to perform all-new dance routines, including Chad Ochocinco with a romantic Rumba, Pamela Anderson's hottest dance yet, a high wire act by Kate Gosselin and a Viennese Waltz performed by Bachelor Jake Pavelka and his fiancee, Vienna.

In the third and final week of the college competition, the winning ballroom dance teams from the previous two weeks -- Purdue University and Utah Valley University - will face off, with the final winning team to be chosen by judges Carrie Ann, Len and Bruno.

All of the excitement leads up to the crowning of the new "Dancing with the Stars" champion and the presentation of the coveted mirror ball trophy.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=052110_01

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »
WEEK 10 DANCING SCOREBOARD

FINALS

ROUND ONE: REDEMPTION DANCE

Erin/Maksim
Samba                   10    10    9     29

Evan/Anna
Viennese Waltz        10    9     9    28

Nicole/Derek
Rumba                     9    9    10    28

ROUND TWO: FREESTYLE

Erin/Maksim              9    8     9    26

Evan/Anna               8    8     8    24

Nicole/Derek             9    9     9    27   

COMBINED SCORES:

Erin/Maksim       55

Evan/Anna        52

Nicole/Derek      55

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 01:24:27 AM »
Wow Erin!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 02:31:19 AM »
So, I watched the performances tonight.

I don't know what to say about Erin's freestyle dance. Contemporary just isn't something I'm interested in. And I didn't really fall in love with two people dancing on a bed. No offense.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »
 I can't believe we are at the finals tonight!!   1st - how did that horrible freestyle of Erin & Max end up scoring HIGHER than Evan & Anna???  What were the judges thinking? 

2nd - is anyone else dreading the return of K8 (most horrible dancer in history...poor Tony has only 1 more night to endure her torture) then to top it all off....

3rd - Jake & the golddigger....he had to give Chelsey the boot???  What is up with this??  It was dreadful enough having to look at her face all the time when he was on the show but, now attempting to give her some "airtime" to dance with him....really ABC what are you thinking???  Get these fake people off the dance floor and off our TV screens!!   (:;)  (:;)    Hopefully, this will be the last we EVER have to see of these two fame whores!

Finally - GO EVAN & ANNA for the win!!   Yes, Nicole is a great dancer but, she is so unfairly OVERQUALIFIED that she should be training to be a Pro and not pretend that she is learning.    Erin - is sweet but, just not the performer to connect with the people....

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »
I cannot believe that the final outcome of DWTS10 is not posted on this thread yet, so even though I have only been reading this thread and not contributing to it I will post it:

Erin and Max were eliminated as all 3 couples danced the tango in the first dance-off.

The jive of Nicole and Derek was rated perfect by the judges. When combined with the audience votes, it was enough to take the Mirror Ball trophy over Evan and Anna's excellent  quickstep (scored 28 by the judges). It's over until DWTS11.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »
FINALE NIGHT

FAVORITE SEASONAL DANCE

All chose Argentine Tango

Judge ranking 1-2-3

1st get 30, 2nd get 28 and 3rd get 26

1st Nicole/Derek, combined from Monday 85

2nd Evan/Anna, combined from Monday 80

3rd Erin/Maksim, combined from Monday 81

Combining the judges' scores and viewer votes, finishing in 3rd place and eliminated are:

ERIN ANDREWS AND MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY

FINAL ORIGINAL DANCE:

Nicole/Derek
Jive                        10    10    10    30
Two nights combined score              115

Evan/Anna
Quickstep                10     9     9     28
Two nights combined score              108

SEASON 10 DANCING WITH THE STARS CHAMPIONS

NICOLE SCHERZINGER AND DEREK HOUGH

SECOND PLACE

EVAN LYSACEK AND ANNA TREBUNSKAYA