Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars 10  (Read 14838 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Dancing With the Stars 10
« on: February 02, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »
Season 10 of Dancing with the Stars will premiere on Monday March 22nd @8pm on ABC.

Samantha Harris will no longer co-host the show. Her replacement has not been announced yet.

Tom Bergeron will announce the new cast of season 10 during the two hour finale of The Bachelor on Monday March 1st.

more to come...

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
Re: Dancing With the Stars 10
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:01:56 PM »
So 10 of 11 revealed!! :wohoo: :wohoo:  :wohoo:

Pamela Anderson - model
Chad Ochocinco - football player
Aiden Turner - Actor
Erin Andrews - ESPN ??
Shannen Doherty - Actress
Buzz Aldrin - Former Astronaut
Niecy Nash - Actress
Nicole Scherizinger - Singer
Evan Lysahek - Olympic Champion
Kate Gosselin - Reality Star Mom

Final contestant?????????????? :ascared  :duno:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:07:05 PM »
Finally... A cast that I know more than half of. Sans that Nicole singer girl.

Erin Andrews is going to have a pretty good male fanbase following her. If she's a bad dancer, she'll still get votes, I think.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline msbuni

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 09:19:23 PM »
OMG - Jake Pavelka!! Is our final "star" for the cast - ok as you can tell....I am not happy about this one! What dirt' does he have on ABC to get this "gig" now?  (Pictures with some exec and farm animals I am guessing!)  Usually I LOVE contestants from Texas - but, this guy has got to GO!!   :'(  :'( :groan:  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:38:05 PM »
Evan is a world class figure skater, they incorporate tons of dance moves into their rountines, he would seem to have a huge advantage...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »
Here is the official list of the pairings of the celebs and their pros...

Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani

Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower

Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya

Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas

Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa

Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood

Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska

Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke

Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough

Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:00:49 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 11:52:06 AM »
ABC press release:

ABC ANNOUNCES THE CELEBRITY AND PROFESSIONAL PAIRINGS FOR "DANCING WITH THE STARS," PREMIERING MARCH 22 ON ABC

The "Dancing with the Stars" Pros Begin Training Their New Celebrity Partners, As the Couples Get Set to Showcase Their Fancy Footwork

One New Professional Ballroom Dancer Joins the Show, Damian Whitewood

An all-new cast of celebrities and their professional partners hit the dance floor on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" with the highly anticipated two-hour season premiere, MONDAY, MARCH 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

In alphabetical order, and with their professional partners, the 11 stars making their ballroom dancing debut are:

* BUZZ ALDRIN, legendary astronaut, partners up with ASHLY COSTA (formerly DelGrosso), who returns for her fourth season.

* PAMELA ANDERSON, actress and model, joins professional dancer DAMIAN WHITEWOOD, who makes his "Dancing with the Stars" debut this season.

* ERIN ANDREWS, ESPN host, teams with MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY, who returns for his eighth season.

* SHANNEN DOHERTY, actress, teams up with two-time "Dancing with the Stars" champ MARK BALLAS, who returns for his sixth season.

* KATE GOSSELIN, TLC star, teams with TONY DOVOLANI, who returns for his ninth season.

* EVAN LYSACEK, Olympic figure skating champion, teams with ANNA TREBUNSKAYA, who returns for her fifth season.

* NIECY NASH, comedienne and host, teams up with LOUIS VAN AMSTEL, who returns for his sixth season

* CHAD OCHOCINCO, NFL Star, teams up with two-time champion CHERYL BURKE, who returns for her ninth season.

* JAKE PAVELKA, "The Bachelor" star, joins CHELSIE HIGHTOWER, who returns for her third season.

* NICOLE SCHERZINGER, pop star, teams with Season 7 champ DEREK HOUGH, who returns for his sixth season.

* AIDEN TURNER, soap star, teams with EDYTA SLIWINSKA, who is the only pro to compete in all 10 seasons of "Dancing with the Stars."

All 11 teams will showcase their fancy footwork for the first time on MONDAY, MARCH 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), with no eliminations in first week of the competition. In week two, all of the couples will return and try to outshine each other once again in a two-hour show, MONDAY, MARCH 29 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). The couple with the lowest combined judges' scores and public votes for both performances will be sent home on TUESDAY, MARCH 30 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) in the season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show."

Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite teams via phone on Monday night during and up to 30 minutes after the "Dancing with the Stars" performance shows. AT&T customers may also text message their votes by texting the word "VOTE" and entering the number that corresponds to the team they want to support (message and data rates may apply). Viewers may also vote online at www.abc.com starting from the opening of each episode on the East Coast and until 12:00 Noon, ET the following day.

Hosted by Tom Bergeron ("America's Funniest Home Videos"), the celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba, who all return for their tenth season together.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=030210_01

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 11:53:02 AM »
Have they announced who the new co host is going to be?

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 12:13:48 PM »
Have they announced who the new co host is going to be?

Not yet but the rumor is that Melissa Rycroft is the new co-host. They will make the announcement soon.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 12:31:15 AM »
Official cast promo pictures:

Shannen Doherty and Mark Ballas

Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani

Neicy Nash and Louis van Amstel

Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 12:35:24 AM »
Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood

Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska

Buzz Aldrin and Ashly Costa

Chad Ochocinco and Cheryl Burke

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 12:39:58 AM »
Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerskoviy

Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya

Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 11:41:11 PM »
Told Mom about some of the dancers in this season - she doesn't like hearing about Kate doing this. Interests repeaked upon hearing about Evan getting involved.

I may have to call in on terms of actual dancing, and which dances I like. Not which star I like the best.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 11:17:13 AM »
ABC press release:

ABC TO ANNOUNCE THE NEW "DANCING WITH THE STARS" CO-HOST  LIVE ON "GOOD MORNING AMERICA," MONDAY, MARCH 8 ON ABC

Tom Bergeron Joins his New Co-Host Live on "Good Morning America at the Oscars"

"Dancing with the Stars" Premieres Monday, March 22

ABC is to announce the new celebrity co-host for the Spring 2010 season of "Dancing with the Stars" during "Good Morning America at the Oscars" the day after the 82nd Academy Awards® ceremony from Los Angeles, MONDAY, MARCH 8 (7:00-9:00 a.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.  Joining the newly named co-host live on "Good Morning America" will be "Dancing with the Stars" host Tom Bergeron.

An all new cast of eleven celebrities will showcase their fancy footwork for the first time on the premiere of "Dancing with the Stars," MONDAY, MARCH 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), with no eliminations in first week of the competition. In week two, all of the couples will return and try to outshine each other once again in a two-hour show, MONDAY, MARCH 29 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). The couple with the lowest combined judges' scores and public votes for both performances will be sent home on TUESDAY, MARCH 30 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) in the season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show."

Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite teams via phone on Monday night during and up to 30 minutes after the "Dancing with the Stars" performance shows. AT&T customers may also text message their votes by texting the word "VOTE" and entering the number that corresponds to the team they want to support (message and data rates may apply). Viewers may also vote online at www.abc.com starting from the opening of each episode on the East Coast and until 12:00 Noon, ET the following day.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=030510_01

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 11:42:30 AM »
It is being reported that Brooke Burke, DWTS season 7 winner with Derek Hough is the new co-host. The official announcement will be made tomorrow morning on Good Morning, America.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 09:53:58 AM »
Brooke Burke Is the New Co-Host of Dancing with the Stars

The search is over!

Brooke Burke is set to co-host Dancing With the Stars alongside Tom Bergeron, it was announced Monday on Good Morning America.

Burke, who partnered with Derek Hough to win on Dancing’s seventh season, will replace Samantha Harris, who announced in January that she was leaving the show.

“She’ll be able to talk to the couples backstage with the perspective of having been there herself,” says Bergeron, who made the announcement solo Monday morning, adding that Burke was still on vacation in Africa with her family.

Taking to the mic isn’t new territory for Burke, 38, whose previous hosting gigs include the TV shows Wild On, Rock Star: INXS and Rock Star: Supernova.

Dancing’s tenth season, which will feature Kate Gosselin, Jake Pavelka and nine other stars, premieres March 22 on ABC.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/03/08/brooke-burke-is-the-new-co-host-of-dancing-with-the-stars/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 02:21:28 AM »
ABC press release:

Host Tom Bergeron Appears on “Good Morning America at the Oscars” for the Announcement
“Dancing with the Stars” Premieres Monday, March 22 on ABC

ABC announces “Dancing with the Stars” Season 7 champion Brooke Burke as the new celebrity co-host alongside Tom Bergeron for the Spring 2010 season of “Dancing with the Stars” on “Good Morning America at the Oscars” the day after the 82nd Academy Awards ® ceremony, MONDAY, MARCH 8 (7:00-9:00 a.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Television personality and new co-host of “Dancing with the Stars,” Brooke Burke won the hearts and votes of America when she became the Season Seven winner of “Dancing with the Stars" with her dance partner, Derek Hough.  Most recently, Brooke has been working as the new host of TV Land's hit reality competition series "She's Got the Look."  The busy mother of four can also be seen as the new "Mommy Correspondent" on the nationally syndicated hit daytime talk show "The Doctors."  Brooke serves as a liaison between mothers everywhere and the esteemed panel of doctors.  Recognized worldwide as host of the hit travel series "Wild On!," Brooke has since hosted several high profile network series, including "Rock Star: INXS" and "Rock Star: Supernova." On the acting front, she has guest starred on such television series as "Las Vegas," "Less than Perfect," "Eve," "It's All Relative," "The Bernie Mac Show," "Monk," "Rock Me Baby" and "That's Life." Brooke is a mother of four and recently launched her own baby store, BabooshBaby.com, a site where she shares her secrets (and some products she used) to get back in shape after giving birth. She has graced numerous magazine covers, has top-selling swimsuit calendars and is regularly ranked in men's magazines as one of the sexiest women in the world today. With over 1.7 million Twitter followers and growing daily, Brooke has quickly made a name for herself as a trusted resource in the world of motherhood and the social media network.  She recently became CEO of ModernMom.com, an online community for the woman behind the mom.  As a pro blogger, Brooke offers an in-depth look into her personal life, which can be experienced in her daily blog at www.ModernMom.com.  Although she is juggling a hectic schedule and family of six, Brooke is embracing many opportunities with grace and the ability to dance through the chaos.

An all new cast of eleven celebrities will showcase their fancy footwork for the first time on the premiere of “Dancing with the Stars,” MONDAY, MARCH 22 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), with no eliminations in the first week of the competition. In week two, all of the couples will return to perform once again in a two-hour show, MONDAY, MARCH 29 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). The couple with the lowest combined judges’ scores and public votes for both performances will be sent home on TUESDAY, MARCH 30 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) in the season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show.”  As previously announced, “Macy’s Stars of Dance,” which features some of the most renowned dancers and choreographers of our time, will be back on “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show.” One of the “Macy’s Stars of Dance” performances will be the hugely popular “Design-a-Dance,” where fans have the chance to select their favorite celebrity dancers, dance styles and wardrobe at www.abc.com.

Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite teams via phone on Monday night during and up to 30 minutes after the “Dancing with the Stars” performance shows. AT&T customers may also text message their votes by texting the word “VOTE” and entering the number that corresponds to the team they want to support (message and data rates may apply). Viewers may also vote online at www.abc.com starting from the opening of each episode on the East Coast and until 12:00 Noon, ET the following day.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=030810_01

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »
Meet Dancing’s New Pro: Aussie Damian Whitewood

Dancing with the Stars has imported a new professional dancer from Down Under! Damian Whitewood, who spent the last nine years traveling internationally with the dance company Burn the Floor, will be staying put for a while on Dancing’s 10th season — or so he hopes!

“I’ve got to step it up a few notches to get back into the competitive scene,” Whitewood, 32, tells PEOPLE. “I’m sure it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

The Perth, Australia, native has plenty of experience under his belt: He started dancing at age 10, and by 15, was jet-setting from dance competition to dance competition. “I thought, ‘My mates are still in school, and I’m traveling the world. Not too bad!’ ”

At 16, Whitewood got a degree as a hairdresser, so he had a career to fall back on if dancing didn’t work out. But he won’t have to be wielding a hair-dryer anytime soon. Instead, he’s training up partner Pamela Anderson on the cha cha for the March 22 premiere. “I was nervous waiting for her to come through the door,” he says. “But she’s very down to earth, very genuine, and very nice. She’s family oriented; she’s got two boys who she’s always running around with.”

But can she dance? “She has no dance experience whatsoever,” says Whitewood. “It’s totally foreign to her. She obviously has to loosen those feet and ankles, and relax a little bit more, but that only comes with time.”

Thankfully, she’s learning from a true pro. In addition to dancing in Broadway productions, Whitewood has been an Australian Champion in Latin American and Ballroom dancing.

As for Apollo Ohno’s recent joke that Anderson is “too top heavy” to win Dancing, Damian says, “Keeping your weight forward, that’s a good thing, right? Her weight is over her toes!”

Top heavy or not, Whitewood says he knows the secret to a good performance. “If we have good chemistry and we’re having fun, everybody can relate to that,” he says. “It’s about a man and a woman, up close and personal, dancing together.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/03/13/meet-dancings-new-pro-aussie-damian-whitewood/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 10:38:21 AM »
Dancing's Aiden Turner on Spray-Tanning: I Don't Want to Turn Into George Hamilton

Aiden Turner is kicking up his feet on Dancing with the Stars — and his back is feeling the pain. "Oh my back — in the middle on the right side, it just aches and kills," the former All My Children star tells TVGuide.com. "I think it's from these twists we're doing. Our dance is faster than anybody's. At one point, Edyta [Sliwinska, his partner] grabs me, I have to lean back and then she pulls me, and we do three or four moves and my back goes click-click-click." The pain is worth the gain, though, because "it's getting to the point where I'm a little more confident that I'm not going to suck," Turner says. See what else the 32-year-old British actor has to say about learning — and (sort of) choreographing — the cha-cha, what he won't do on the show and how frequently he'll hit the spray-tan booth.

TVGuide.com: How's the cha-cha going?
Aiden Turner: The first few days were really intense. She took me from not knowing any of these dances to going through all the different types, but each day I'm progressing. Edyta's a great teacher and she's really patient. I'm trying very hard to do everything she says, and slowly but surely it'll come together. My hips are moving — still not as much as she would like. She's got some awesome moves in the choreography and I came up with a few things that she likes.

TVGuide.com: Like what?
Turner: Well, rehearsals get really, really intense and I have all these moves in my mind. So when we take a break, I screw around for three or four minutes and I did a handstand, like I run and push off my hands. It's my version of a flip and I jump off the stage — one of the rehearsal rooms is exactly the same as the show stage. She goes, "You can do that? That's awesome. Let's do that at the beginning of the dance." So I'm not actually choreographing, but we put that in there. I get a little bit of credit, I guess!

TVGuide.com: Were you a fan of the show before?
Turner: I've seen the show and I think it's amazing. I watched Cameron [Mathison, his AMC co-star]. He was with Edyta, too. I supported him and voted for him. I watched him through his whole run and then I watched two or three episodes each season to see what's going on. They asked me if I was interested. I thought, "Well, this is a really grueling schedule. Am I up for this?" Then I thought it would be a good challenge and I've always sort of wanted to get some dance training. I have no dance training whatsoever. I can dance now after a few days of training — or at least pretend I am a good dancer!

TVGuide.com: Have you gotten any advice from Cameron?
Turner: He left me a couple of voicemails. We keep playing phone tag. No real advice aside from, you know, "go for gold" and "be yourself" and "enjoy the ride."

TVGuide.com: He was known for his Superman costume in his paso doble. Are you thinking about costumes or themes yet?
Turner: [Laughs] I'm going to stay clear of any crazy costumes like Cameron. I don't know what he was thinking with the Superman. Maybe he was really getting into it. I'm not sure if those things always go over well. It's like if I did some kind of James Bond remix. I'm the only British guy on the show and everybody always thinks, you know, dark hair, tall, British — James Bond!

TVGuide.com: Who are you watching out for?
Turner: Maybe [Evan] Lysacek. He's an Olympic gold medalist. I'm not going to lie — it is kind of intimidating knowing there is an Olympic champion there. I've nicknamed him Evan Almighty. But it's not only about talent or how well you dance. If you're not having a good time or showing, you know, the razzle-dazzle on the floor ... people may not vote for you and your scores may be lower too. There are different dynamics on this show that result in your scores and votes.

TVGuide.com: Soap stars have avid fan bases. Do you think your AMC fans can carry you through the early weeks?
Turner: I hope so. I hope everyone who tuned into All My Children will tune into Dancing with the Stars. I need all the help I can get! I need to be myself, have as much fun as possible, really work hard for the people who don't know me so they can see who I am.

TVGuide.com: Edyta's been on every season, but has never won before. Do you feel pressure to bring home the Mirrorball trophy for her?
Turner: [Laughs] I feel pressure from all angles! I've never done live TV. I hope my nerves don't in the way of my performance. I'd love to help Edyta to win. She's so great, so talented and she's working with a person who might be talented in a different area as an actor. She has her work cut out for her. I hope I don't let her down. I want to give her my best and hopefully my best is good enough to get her through the competition.

TVGuide.com: The show's notorious for its excessive use of spray-tan. Are you up for it?
Turner: Well, I'm British, so everyone calls me Mr. White Boy. [Laughs] Edyta's already told me I have no choice. I'm not going to overdo it. I think George Hamilton took the biscuit on that one. I think that's why George did the show — so he could tan. They do it once a week, so I'll just get a little boost. Once a week's enough. I'm not crazy — I don't want to turn into George!

http://www.tvguide.com/Dancing-Stars/Dancings-Aiden-Turner-1016279.aspx

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 01:36:44 AM »
WEEK 1 DANCING SCOREBOARD:

Chad/Cheryl
Cha Cha Cha          6     6     6     18

Shannen/Mark
Viennese Waltz       6     6     6     18

Erin/Maksim        
Cha Cha Cha          7     7     7     21  

Jake/Chelsie
Viennese Waltz       7     6     7     20

Neicy/Louis
Cha Cha Cha          7     5     6     18

Evan/Anna
Viennese Waltz       8     7     8     23

Buzz/Ashly
Cha Cha Cha          5     4     5     14

Nicole/Derek
Viennese Waltz       9     7     9     25

Aiden/Edyta
Cha Cha Cha          5     5     5     15  

Kate/Tony
Viennese Waltz       6    5     5     16

Pamela/Damian
Cha Cha Cha          7    6     8      21
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:40:42 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 01:24:31 PM »
Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

DAZZLING DEBUT: Three cheers for Brooke Burke, whose ballroom co-hosting debut was a huge success! “Having a partner like Tom [Bergeron] who’s impeccable helps,” Burke told PEOPLE after the show. “There was so much anxiety in the room tonight with everybody stretching, everybody trying to remember their routines. I know what it’s like and I wanted to just throw out the index cards and give everybody a big hug.” Derek Hough, Burke’s former partner, told PEOPLE, “Brooke nailed it tonight. She was smooth, great and she looked gorgeous.”

OUTSIDE THE BOX: Burke, who wore $200,000 worth of Rafinity diamonds (including a pink diamond ring, a cuff bracelet and hoop earrings), helped debut the new, glass results room, which allowed the studio audience to see the couples all night long. To make things even more intimate, dancers and celebrities stepped outside of the box to watch their competitors perform. “I like the skybox,” Louis Van Amstel said. “We can watch the show live instead of watching monitors. Tony Dovolani agreed: “All these seasons we’ve been saying we felt separated from the audience. Now we feel like we’re part of the audience.”

MIAMI VICE: Leading up to Monday’s season premiere, Cheryl Burke and Chad Ochocinco rehearsed in Miami, where he lives. “It was like being with the President,” Burke joked of the time she spent on the Cincinnati Bengal’s home turf. “He’s the king of Miami. People stopped their cars to say hello. He drives around in these very bright, extravagant cars and he has a great life there.” But his McDonald’s-heavy diet, Burke says, defies the odds. “I don’t know how he has a 12-pack,” she says. “Seriously, he eats there every single day. Meanwhile I’m at the salad shop next door.”

JAKE’S WOMEN: The Bachelor winner Vienna Girardi was front and center, but so were other women in Jake Pavelka’s life — namely his mother, Sally, former Bachelor contestant Gia Allemand, and The Bachelorette’s Jillian Harris, who was accompanied by her fiancé Ed Swiderski. All of the women were rooting for the Texas pilot, who turned out a respectable Viennese waltz with partner Chelsie Hightower. Performing in front of the live audience “was awesome,” Pavelka told PEOPLE after the show. “It created an energy you can feed off of. I wish we could have been out there a little bit longer.” Girardi says she wasn’t nervous at all. But mom Sally definitely had a case of the jitters. “You know how it is when you’re a mom,” she said, “you want your child to do well.”

TEARS OF JOY: Shannen Doherty and partner Mark Ballas provided one of the night’s most memorable moments when the Beverly Hills, 90210 star, who signed on to do the show for her father Tom who suffered a stroke in December, wept after her debut Viennese waltz. “I couldn’t keep it together,” she told PEOPLE. “I always said I’d never be that girl that cried on camera, but I did. Oh well, it’s my Daddy.” Meanwhile, Niecy Nash brought the house down with the spirited cha cha she performed with Van Amstel. Despite the raucous ovation, Nash was also in tears. “They were happy tears,” Nash said. “I had a fantastic time dancing for redemption after being kicked out of my eighth-grade dance class. I was dancing for every woman in America who is not a size two, and I was dancing for every person who’s ever had a dream deferred.”

HAIR TREATMENT: Pamela Anderson says she “has never rehearsed for anything a day in her life.” But her sexy bed head-inspired cha cha was surely worth the hours she and her partner, newcomer Damian Whitewood, logged in the studio the past three weeks. “This was a lot of training, a lot of learning how to walk,” says Anderson. Fans of the Baywatch beauty shouldn’t expect her to bring the sexy back every time she performs. “We want to do something different every time,” she says. “It’s not always going to be sex, drugs, rock and roll and ripping off clothes.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/03/23/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-37/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 10:32:20 AM »
ABC press release:

SEASON PREMIERE

THE FIRST ELIMINATION OF THE SEASON, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF
"DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW," TUESDAY, MARCH 30, ON ABC
Season 10's First Macy's "Stars of Dance" Performance Features a Haiti Tribute by
Top Haitian Ballroom Dancers, Led by former World Professional Mambo
Champion Emmanuel Pierre-Antoine

Music Legends "The Beach Boys" Perform,
With a Special Appearance from John Stamos

"Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" Premieres in a New Time Period

"Episode 1002A" - On the season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," the first couple of the season is eliminated. Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award ® recipients The Beach Boys take to the stage and, in an uplifting Macy's "Stars of Dance" performance, Haitian dancers honor victims of the Haiti earthquake, when "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" premieres in its new time period, TUESDAY, MARCH 30 (8:00-9:00p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Often called "America's Band," The Beach Boys will perform a medley of their hits "California Girls," "Kokomo" and "Fun, Fun, Fun." Honorary band member John Stamos ("ER," "Full House") will sit in with the band on guitar and drums. Stamos previously performed with the band in 1992, singing lead vocals for the song "Forever" for the album "Summer in Paradise." They will be accompanied on the stage by professional "Dancing with the Stars" dancers Louis Van Amstel, Anna Trebunskya, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Cheryl Burke, Damian Whitewood and Ashly Costa. The Beach Boys are led by original band member Mike Love and long time performer Bruce Johnston, along with Christian Love, Scott Totten, Randell Kirsch, John Cowsill and Tim Bonhomme.

The first Macy's "Stars of Dance" performance of the season will pay tribute to the victims of the recent earthquake in Haiti in a special performance introduced by activist and celebrity Wyclef Jean via video message. Led by former World Mambo Champion and Haitian dancer Emmanuel Pierre-Antoine, several of Haiti's top ballroom dancers will perform a mambo to Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" on the "Dancing with the Stars" stage. Following the performance, viewers will be directed to ABC.com's "Hope for Haiti" site to donate funds to the charity.

In addition, all 11 "Dancing with the Stars" pros will perform a ballroom fusion number by Michael Jackson's renowned choreographer, Travis Payne. Also, "Dancing with the Stars" Season 6 alum Adam Corolla will do a comic review of the previous evening's show.

By evening's end, one couple will be eliminated, as determined by a combination of the judges' scores and viewers' votes on dances performed in weeks one and two. Who among the following 11 teams will be the first to leave the ballroom floor?

* BUZZ ALDRIN (legendary astronaut) and partner ASHLY COSTA.

* PAMELA ANDERSON (actress and model) and partner DAMIAN WHITEWOOD.

* ERIN ANDREWS (ESPN host) and partner MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY.

* SHANNEN DOHERTY (actress) and partner MARK BALLAS.

* KATE GOSSELIN (TLC star) and partner TONY DOVOLANI.

* EVAN LYSACEK (Olympic figure skating champion) and partner ANNA TREBUNSKAYA.

* NIECY NASH (comedienne and host) and partner LOUIS VAN AMSTEL.

* CHAD OCHOCINCO (NFL star) and partner CHERYL BURKE.

* JAKE PAVELKA ("The Bachelor" star) and partner CHELSIE HIGHTOWER.

* NICOLE SCHERZINGER (pop star) and partner DEREK HOUGH.

* AIDEN TURNER (soap star) and partner EDYTA SLIWINSKA.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=032510_07

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 01:44:29 AM »
WEEK 2 DANCING SCOREBOARD:

Combined with last week's scores

Shannen/Mark
Jive                      7     6     7     20 + 18=38

Aiden/Edyta
Foxtrot                  7     6     6     19 + 15=34

Evan/Anna
Jive                       8     8     8     24 + 23=37

Neicy/Louis
Foxtrot                   7     7     7     21 + 18=39

Jake/Chelsie
Jive                        6     7     7     20 + 20=40

Buzz/Ashly
Foxtrot                    4    4     4     12 + 14=26

Nicole/Derek
Jive                       10    8    10    28 + 25=53

Erin/Maksim
Foxtrot                   8     7     8     23 + 21=44

Pamela/Damian
Foxtrot                   7     7     8     22 + 21=43

Chad/Cheryl
Foxtrot                   6     5     5     16 + 18=34 

Kate/Tony
Jive                       5     5     5     15 + 16=31

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 10:17:14 AM »
Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

ROLE REVERSAL: Last week she exuded naughtiness, but on Monday’s show, Pamela Anderson channeled sensuality. “I think it’s an evolution of the character. You gotta keep giving them something different every week,” says Anderson, who adds, “I love the theatrics of it all.” But most of all, “I want to learn. I am determined to learn. I want to get all the dances down.” Anderson tells PEOPLE her sons Brandon and Dylan have been cheering for mom. “They’ll probably be watching tonight with Tommy [Lee, their father]. Tommy said we switched places last week and he’s being mom and I’m at a dance party,” Anderson said, laughing.

Another couple changed roles this week: Mark Ballas and Shannen Doherty. While rehearsing for the jive this week, Ballas injured his right knee when he took a fall. “I am having an MRI tomorrow, but I should be fine,” he said, noting that moments before he and Doherty were about to perform Monday night, he forgot part of their routine. “Like 20 seconds before they announced us he was like ‘What’s that one part again?’” an incredulous Doherty said. “I was like ‘No, Mark, that’s wrong!’ I was teaching him!”

‘SCENT’-UAL DUO: Not only did Derek Hough and Nicole Scherzinger walk away with the evening’s top score for the second week in a row, but they received beautiful leis from Scherzinger’s parents. “My mom and dad are visiting from Hawaii and they brought some ginger leis, some puakenikeni leis. It’s really special,” Scherzinger said after the show. Backstage fellow cast and crew took in the pleasantly scented leis. Could that be what it smells like to be on top? “It’s unbelievable,” Hough says of receiving two 10s (from judges Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli) in the show’s second week. “From now on it’s like the pressure’s on because you have to maintain that,” Hough says.

KIDS’ CHOICE: Kate Gosselin turned 35 Sunday — and contrary to tabloid reports she was not alone. In between rehearsing the jive, it was a weekend full of pampering and indulging for the mother of eight. Gosselin, who’s been commuting between her Wernersville, Pa., home and Los Angeles to compete on the show, received a special birthday surprise from her kids this weekend. “I celebrated with the kids on Saturday,” she said. “They gave me brownies and ice cream — that’s my favorite thing, brownies — and oh my gosh, I had two! And they made me breakfast in bed. And then on Sunday on the [DWTS] set they had a cake for me after I messed up. It was delicious. I had two pieces! I think two is my number this weekend.” Midway through Monday’s live telecast, as the show went to commercial, Gosselin signed an ‘I Love You’ message into the camera for her eight kids.

PEP TALK: Any athlete will tell you, there’s nothing like a good pre-game pep talk. That’s what it was like for Evan Lysacek and Chad Ochocinco, who both got a boost from people they care about a lot. In Lysacek’s case, the support came from his Olympic skating coach Frank Carroll, who attended Monday’s show. “He gave me a little pep talk before the show and he said ‘it’s not about the scores, it’s about the viewers,’” Lysacek said. Meanwhile, some of Ochocinco’s NFL friends, including Terrell Owens, former season 2 finalist Jerry Rice, sat in the audience to cheer on the Cincinnati Bengals star. “It’s cool and fun. You want to perform for them, but you’re somewhat out of your element,” Ochocinco said. “But to have them here and to have their support was pretty cool. No matter what the judges say, you know these guys have your back.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/03/30/mondays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-38/#more-25986

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »
Tuesday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See

BIGGEST LOSER: Dancing has whittled down the figure of female celebs, from Jennie Garth to Kelly Osbourne — but so far season 10’s biggest loser is none other than the chiseled Jake Pavelka, who has lost 11 lbs. “I didn’t have any weight to lose,” marvels the former Bachelor, who went from weighing 184 lbs. to 173. “It’s probably muscle mass!” But fiancée Vienna Girardi need not worry: He’s eating 3,800 calories a day to keep his weight where it is now, including a thousand-calorie shake first thing in the morning. “It’s oatmeal, egg whites, blueberries, protein, and dirt,” jokes dancing partner Chelsie Hightower. “It’s the nastiest thing I’ve seen in my life!” Niecy Nash is also working hard to make sure she doesn’t slim down. “I want to keep my jiggly bits,” she says.

CHAD PLUS CHERYL: Chad Ochocinco flirted up a storm with Cheryl Burke long after the cameras turned off following Tuesday’s shocking elimination. Are they just flirty, or falling for each other? Burke mulled the virtues of the pairing, saying, “Dancing is sensual and intimate, you can’t fake that. You either have it, or you don’t. Quipped Ochocinco, “I don’t talk back, and that’s a good thing. We’re preparing ourselves for marriage.” But Burke isn’t on board just yet. “You can’t take him seriously. He should have a dating show after this,” she says, “which I will not be a part of.”

PACKING LIGHT: Niecy Nash made a superstitious move Tuesday night that could have proved very, very daring. “They tell us to pack a change of clothes in case we get kicked off, to wear on to Jimmy Kimmel,” she said after the show. “All I brought was underwear! I’m sure he’s a fantastic man, but I didn’t want to see Jimmy Kimmel tonight.” But the comedian says that even though she knew she and partner Louis Van Amstel were safe early on, “I got nervous for everybody else. Pam was shaking like a leaf, and Kate Gosselin looked like she was going to throw up! I was happy I lived to dance another dance, but I was nervous for them.”

PAM’S CLOSE CALL: After delivering a strong performance of the foxtrot with Damian Whitewood Monday, Pamela Anderson spent the entire hour-long broadcast knowing that she was in the bottom two — and by the end, she was worse for the wear. “That was high drama,” she remarked as she let her hair down after the show wrapped. “I’m destroyed! I don’t think anyone wants to go.” So what’s their strategy for hanging on next week, when they will perform the highly physical paso doble? “We have the motivation to do better. This was good preparation,” says Whitewood. Adds Anderson, “One of our strong points is that we have good chemistry, and we trust each other.”

LESSON LEARNED: After re-living their rehearsal-room tiff on national television Monday night, Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani said they bonded Tuesday over the tension of thinking they might be eliminated — and watching the show’s segment on the devastation of the earthquake in Haiti. “We both said we just want to go home and hug our kids,” says Kate. Her partner agreed: “It put everything in perspective. What argument? We grew from it, and we’re better friends.” Perspective aside, Gosselin was still recovering from nerves an hour after the show had wrapped. “I’ve never experienced anything like it,” she says. “It goes you don’t realize how valuable anything is until it’s almost taken away.”

LIFE’S A BEACH: It was rumored that John Stamos would be on Dancing this season, and he was — but as a member of the Beach Boys, rather than a competitor. The actor, who plays drums with the band, says, “This is the perfect way for me to be on the show. I get to be here, but I don’t have to dance.” With the band prepping for a 50th anniversary tour, Stamos is celebrating 25 years of working with them. “If you had a dream, and it kept happening for 25 years, that’s what it’s been like,” he says. “A 25-year-long dream come true.” But Mike Love says fans can keep dreaming if they think one of the band members would ever compete on the show. “If I could do the mashed potatoes, I could be a competitor,” he joked. “We’re not known for our twinkle toes.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/03/31/tuesdays-dancing-what-you-didnt-see-31/