Author Topic: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--  (Read 87194 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 03:38:08 PM »

To clarify: This is a ROUTE INFO task (provided we can actually see correctly). The clue Dan & Jordan are holding is clearly a route info clue. This is why we see both team members doing it. It is MONIQUE & SHAWNE who are with the pack at the wires task, and ADRIAN & DANA at 14:31. It is clearly labeled this way in the press release. Adrian & Dana are most likely way far behind. :(

I think the Route Info envelope comes after the tightrope task. The speculation is that D&J are opening up the Route info after completing the tightrope.
Note that Steve & Allie and Dan & Jordan are shown opening a Route Info task after they did the tightrope...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 03:41:04 PM »
NVM.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2010, 03:42:05 PM »

To clarify: This is a ROUTE INFO task (provided we can actually see correctly). The clue Dan & Jordan are holding is clearly a route info clue. This is why we see both team members doing it. It is MONIQUE & SHAWNE who are with the pack at the wires task, and ADRIAN & DANA at 14:31. It is clearly labeled this way in the press release. Adrian & Dana are most likely way far behind. :(

I think the Route Info envelope comes after the tightrope task. The speculation is that D&J are opening up the Route info after completing the tightrope.
Note that Steve & Allie and Dan & Jordan are shown opening a Route Info task after they did the tightrope...

Oh, I see now. Thank you!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »
**SPECULATION**

After looking again at the promo, perhaps Adrian injures himself in the fall and cannot continue.  We've never seen this before, but perhaps there is a 4-hr penalty incurred which will allow Dana to complete the RB and continue racing.  This would explain why they are approximately 4 hrs behind when we see Dana on the wires.

**/SPECULATION**

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »
Guessing the big gap between the first set of teams on the ropes and the second (Jodi/Shannon, Monique/Shawne) is due to bus schedules? One bus leaves Santiago and then another one 2-3 hours later?

AmazingDT

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »
Wow its amazing how u guys think of all the accurate possibilities
u guys deserve a  :tup:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »
I think that's Dana on the wires at 14:31, not the Moms.  She's wearing a black shirt.  One of the Moms (Shawne) is on the wire at 09:55.

Maybe Dana and Adrian both had to do the wires due to some new form of U-turn?

chill is obviously right! Dana is on the wire at 14:31 not the moms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shawne is seen in the 9:55 pic. Come on!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2010, 06:56:38 PM »
I'm thinking Wolf Castle after Bus Trip then Paint or is that after. RB clue to go to the tightrope (thus Joe and Heidi running through streets with RB clue in hand) get there do it, other side Route Info. Possibly they may have to do 1 more thing but I doubt it and then Pitstop!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2010, 07:01:42 PM »
That is Adrian on the wire so the only possible explanation is he injures himself. It has to be!

Completion of Wire:
1st: Joe and Heidi - probably
2nd: Jordan and Jeff
3rd: Dan and Jordan
4th: Steve and Allie
5th: Monique and Shawne
6th: Louie and Mike
7th-10th: Carol and Brandy, Jet and Cord, Jody and Shannon and Brent and Caite
11th: Dana and Adrian (I think)

AmazingDT

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2010, 07:02:19 PM »
I'm thinking Wolf Castle after Bus Trip then Paint or is that after. RB clue to go to the tightrope (thus Joe and Heidi running through streets with RB clue in hand) get there do it, other side Route Info. Possibly they may have to do 1 more thing but I doubt it and then Pitstop!
I agree with u Kiwi Jay. if we can trust CBS Jody and Shannon who are probalby on the second flight are headed to wolf costle  which is  probaly the first route marker but  i dont no when the second flight arrives  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »
I think that's Dana on the wires at 14:31, not the Moms.  She's wearing a black shirt.  One of the Moms (Shawne) is on the wire at 09:55.

Maybe Dana and Adrian both had to do the wires due to some new form of U-turn?

chill is obviously right! Dana is on the wire at 14:31 not the moms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shawne is seen in the 9:55 pic. Come on!
'giz us a geez' :umn:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 07:16:40 PM »
So is one way over haul yourself along, and the other way walk on wires? Or do you have a choice? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »
It looks to me like you can get across any way you want.  If the pictures and times are correct, Dan gets the next clue before Allie, so it doesn't look like it hurt to be hanging rather than walking on top.

DavidJunior

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2010, 08:03:48 PM »
maybe he fell? and it turned out to be better for him?

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »
It looks to me like you can get across any way you want.  If the pictures and times are correct, Dan gets the next clue before Allie, so it doesn't look like it hurt to be hanging rather than walking on top.

If you ask me...it's probably best to try it once, fall, try again, fall, continue by hanging. You'd likely exert more energy trying to climb back to a standing position than you would by pulling yourself.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »
Can anyone tell me whether the clue box where people are reading the route information are on the starting Artilleria (south) side or the 'ending' Villaseca (north) side? I can't find a clear open spot on the Villaseca side to fit the vantage point those pics have.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:41:48 PM by Neobie »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2010, 09:42:40 PM »
Can anyone tell me whether the clue box where people are reading the route information are on the starting Artilleria (south) side or the 'ending' Villaseca (north) side? I can't find a clear open spot on the Villaseca side to fit the vantage point those pics have.

Paging Chateau...

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2010, 09:53:51 PM »

Looks like the starting side to me. On the dirt road right by where the line starts. Both the Steve & Allison pic and the Dan & Jordan pics fit that.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:56:59 PM by J-Squeeze »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »
Got it, J-Squeeze. The Route Info is being read on the starting Artilleria side. Either the high wire is not a Roadblock, or the team member that does it has to return to the south side.

Edited to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:09:00 PM by Neobie »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2010, 09:58:11 PM »
So the task is a Route Info? Confusion is setting in again... :duno:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2010, 10:03:11 PM »
Oh! Looks like teams start on the north side and have to work their way UP instead of down the wire, starting on the Villaseca side and working their way south to the Artilleria side. What suggests this to me: the clue box with the Route Info is facing the wires, not the Ascensor Artilleria, where teams would come from if they came from the South.

So we have teams taking the Ascensor Villaseca up the north hill, a Roadblock with one team member crossing south to the Artilleria side with the partner miraculously (?) appearing across the valley, and ending with teams getting a Route Info and very likely heading down the path to the touristy Paseo 21 de Mayo and the Ascensor Artilleria to catch a taxi or whatever.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:11:42 PM by Neobie »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2010, 10:16:04 PM »
Oh! Looks like teams start on the north side and have to work their way UP instead of down the wire, starting on the Villaseca side and working their way south to the Artilleria side. What suggests this to me: the clue box with the Route Info is facing the wires, not the Ascensor Artilleria, where teams would come from if they came from the South.

So we have teams taking the Ascensor Villaseca up the north hill, a Roadblock with one team member crossing south to the Artilleria side with the partner miraculously (?) appearing across the valley, and ending with teams getting a Route Info and very likely heading down the path to the touristy Paseo 21 de Mayo and the Ascensor Artilleria to catch a taxi or whatever.

So Steve & Allison are finishing the task in that picture?

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2010, 10:06:29 AM »
So Steve & Allison are finishing the task in that picture?

Yes, we figured that out from the EXIF data.  The pictures at the clue box are a couple of minutes after we see Dan and Allison on the wires.

And, yes, I always thought the racers were coming from the North side to the South side.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »

If the ocean is on the right (west) in this picture, then dont they travel south to north, when going from Villaseca to Artilleria, on the wires?

Nevermind, with the curvature of the bay, they are going north to south. The ocean is on the east in this pic!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:58:01 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2010, 01:59:12 PM »
If the ocean is on the right (west) in this picture, then dont they travel south to north, when going from Villaseca to Artilleria, on the wires?

No. The area is on a peninsula sticking off the west coast of Chile. The water you see to the right is to the east, but it's a bay that comes around the peninsula. The ocean is to the west, but it's on the other side of the hill.

He figured it out. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:12:11 PM by J-Squeeze »