Author Topic: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--  (Read 87407 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 05:59:07 PM »
We spent a whole lunchtime in a plaza....didn't we decide this was the market? ??? 

I for one need to reread EVERYTHING.  :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 06:40:29 PM »
Sorry, my bad. Got a little to excited! But the painting still takes place before the high wire, if it was around lunchtime, right?

Are ALL the teams together at the high wire or are these just a clump after a bunch? It's halfway through the leg and they're all still stuck with the pack?

AmazingDT

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 07:14:55 PM »
wait Im confused It says Dana does the roadblcok but in the promo i think adrian is doin it :duno:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »
wait Im confused It says Dana does the roadblcok but in the promo i think adrian is doin it :duno:

Might be a typo.  :duno:

AmazingDT

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »
in the picture where steve and allie r reading the clue i think i see people in the backround with packs
could this mean that steve and allie r behind the other teams? (i dont no how to zoom in on the pictures)

AmazingDT

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »
well steve and allie and jeff and jordan have route info clues while cbs says they need to perform the roadblock CBS IS LYYING

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »
oops 1 more

"Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--Brothers Jordan (left) and Dan must perform a Road Block in Valparaiso, Chile in which one team member must cross a tight rope the length of a football field and 120 feet above rooftops, in order to receive their next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2009 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

DavidJunior

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 11:37:08 PM »
CBS lies!

that is clearly a route info clue in their hands

and there are clearly people behind them on the ropes course already

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 12:08:44 AM »
We spent a whole lunchtime in a plaza....didn't we decide this was the market? ??? 

I for one need to reread EVERYTHING.  :ascared
What do you call a plaza? A plaza is another work for a park. And temporary markets usually take place on plazas.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 05:31:44 AM »
Sorry, my bad. Got a little to excited! But the painting still takes place before the high wire, if it was around lunchtime, right?

Are ALL the teams together at the high wire or are these just a clump after a bunch? It's halfway through the leg and they're all still stuck with the pack?

Maybe some of the teams got lost, or took a bus together. It doesn't mean anything.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 09:42:52 AM »
I took the press photos and arranged them in chronological order.
Looks like Monique and Shawne are DANA is way behind - still doing the tightrope at 14:31.
We see Brent (I think) DAN doing the ropes at 09:44 followed by Dana SHAWNE at 9:55 and Michael at 10:01.

edited to fix my errors in identifying teams...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:45:44 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 10:16:30 AM »
WAY nice, wp!! That is awesome!!   :thankyou:

But not looking good for the Moms....   :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 10:26:24 AM »
Regarding Wulff Castle, the teams had that clue at LAX, so very unlikely it was the pit stop, but rather the first clue location.

Also, comparing times, Dan is on the wire at 9:44 and reading the clue at 9:46, so the Route Marker clues they are shown reading are after the Road Block.

So JeJo finish the RB before Dan/Jordan then Steve/Allie(who you can see on the wire behind Dan).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:46:51 AM by chill_sd »

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 11:39:08 AM »
nice work out there wp.

hmm, sad to see that the mum's were the last, although they aren't my early favs, but anything can happen
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

DavidJunior

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »
i'm still confused as to why we've seen both dana and adrian on the high wires ???  :duno:  :umn:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 11:44:03 AM »
Regarding Wulff Castle, the teams had that clue at LAX, so very unlikely it was the pit stop, but rather the first clue location.

Also, comparing times, Dan is on the wire at 9:44 and reading the clue at 9:46, so the Route Marker clues they are shown reading are after the Road Block.

So JeJo finish the RB before Dan/Jordan then Steve/Allie(who you can see on the wire behind Dan).

Very good points! But I don't think we can really call this a RB if two team members are doing it, even if CBS does. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 11:58:54 AM »
i'm still confused as to why we've seen both dana and adrian on the high wires ???  :duno:  :umn:
Ya, but thats the only evidence we have of both team members doing the "roadblock". Is it possible Adrian couldn't do it and Dana had to take over? What kind of penalty would that entail?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »
I think that's Dana on the wires at 14:31, not the Moms.  She's wearing a black shirt.  One of the Moms (Shawne) is on the wire at 09:55.

Maybe Dana and Adrian both had to do the wires due to some new form of U-turn?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 12:10:29 PM by chill_sd »

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »
So I wonder whom it looks like is going first?  Looking like either Monique & Shawne or Dana & Adrian right now, from what the photo evidence is hinting at.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:27:48 PM by Paron »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 01:19:54 PM »
So I wonder whom it looks like is going first?  Looking like either Monique & Shawne or Dana & Adrian right now, from what the photo evidence is hinting it.
I'm inclined to lean towards Monique & Shawne based solely on their presence in the web video and press pictures.

DavidJunior

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 02:19:20 PM »
So I wonder whom it looks like is going first?  Looking like either Monique & Shawne or Dana & Adrian right now, from what the photo evidence is hinting it.
I'm inclined to lean towards Monique & Shawne based solely on their presence in the web video and press pictures.

i don't konw, i kinda get the first out vibe from Dana and Adrian

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »
Ya, but thats the only evidence we have of both team members doing the "roadblock". Is it possible Adrian couldn't do it and Dana had to take over? What kind of penalty would that entail?

The standard penalty for non-completion of a ROADBLOCK by the designated person is 4 hours after the next team arrives. If there are no teams left to arrive, I don't know what they do in that case but it would hardly matter since that team will be eliminated unless some strange things happen.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 02:40:14 PM »

:lol:  Can't wait for the premier episode?  Then why not take a four minute photo tour video of Valparaiso, and get a feel for what the racers saw.  It's like you were really there... almost.  ;)  :colors

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
i'm still confused as to why we've seen both dana and adrian on the high wires ???  :duno:  :umn:

I think that's Dana on the wires at 14:31, not the Moms.  She's wearing a black shirt.  One of the Moms (Shawne) is on the wire at 09:55.

Maybe Dana and Adrian both had to do the wires due to some new form of U-turn?

To clarify: This is a ROUTE INFO task (provided we can actually see correctly). The clue Dan & Jordan are holding is clearly a route info clue. This is why we see both team members doing it. It is MONIQUE & SHAWNE who are with the pack at the wires task, and ADRIAN & DANA at 14:31. It is clearly labeled this way in the press release. Adrian & Dana are most likely way far behind. :(

BUT, if the Wulf Castle visit is first, then I'm going to SPECULATE that the second flight is Adrian & Dana, Jody & Shannon, Brent & Caite, Carol & Brandy, and Jet & Cord, all the teams who weren't seen in the 9:30 to 10:00 group.

So I wonder whom it looks like is going first?  Looking like either Monique & Shawne or Dana & Adrian right now, from what the photo evidence is hinting it.

I'm leaning toward Adrian & Dana based on the EXIF data at the high wires task.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:54:58 PM by J-Squeeze »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 03:36:45 PM »
According to the EXIF data, Dan and Jordan are looking at the Route Info clue after Dan completes the wire task.  Joe and Heidi have a Road Block clue in the 09:30 pic.

The only shot of Adrian dangling is from the promo, which could, in fact be from an entirely different episode, assuming, of course, that they are not eliminated in epsiode 1.