Author Topic: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--  (Read 87190 times)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2010, 01:13:44 AM »
How ironic too, that along with the travel package, they get to ride the skeleton course at the Olympic "Bobsled Track From HELL!"   :ascared  (BTW, the skeleton sled goes "head-first" down the track).

When I heard Whistler Sliding Centre, I think my mouth dropped. I'm thinking... "What perfect timing this turned out to be. Not!" I may or may not have had a look on my face as well.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2010, 01:20:27 AM »
I wish it was a two hour episode tonight. Just when I was getting into it and starting to like other teams it was over.

Some of my observations:

Jeff and Jordan seemed to get the most air time. Will that change?

I thought Jody and Shannon liked the Cowboy team. Even though they made the mistake with the exchange money they still were likable.

Could Jordan and Dan be any more annoying? Catie made that flub years ago. It was funny the first time he mocked her then it became cruel.

Brent is a very supportive partner from what I observed saying "I love baby" ect. There was a point when they snipped at one another when painting the houses, but they recovered while waiting out thier pentaly.

Adrian and Dana were very nice and it was sad they did not pick Dana to do the tightrope. I bet they wished they could go back and change that.

Phil looked great as always. He always seems genuine when giving advice to the eliminated team.

Now for my new favorites Louie and Mike. I love this team and when they call eachother "baby".

I knew I missed a couple of teams Carol and Brady seemed snobby. Steve seems like he will get on Allie's nerves. Joe and Heidi seem to work well together. Shawne and Monique coming in second was nice.

I hope I did not miss anything. If I did I will add to it later lol
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 01:29:09 AM by Sailing »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2010, 02:26:07 AM »
Everyone rocked tonight and I loved all the teams. Carol and Brandy rock, by far my faves. Loved the Martha Stewart Line and the Mechanical Failiure Line
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2010, 02:35:32 AM »
Huge thanks to Joe & Heidi and Steve & Allie for the party  :hugs:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2010, 02:36:08 AM »
one more:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2010, 02:40:15 AM »
And thank you Kynt & Vyxsin for the invite.

Winners Cheyne & Megan were also on hand:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2010, 05:39:36 AM »
This was an exciting first leg! It was just the first leg and we saw two teams slapped with a penalty, several teams screwing up on the painting, and one of the more memorable eliminations. It was sad to see Dana and Adrian go. Adrian tried so hard, he never gave up, it just really sucked. But well, it's all part of the race, everyone just caught up.

Jeff and Jordan - I didn't expect them to do so well on the first leg. But great job coming in first. They seem a rather funny team, Jeff with his comments.

Dan and Jordan - Hmm, they seem like a pretty interesting team. I'm still getting a Sam and Dan vibe from them. I wouldn't be surprised of any yelling matches from them in time to come. But I'm still liking them.

Brent and Caite - I don't know, but this team seems rather weird to me still. Is it just me, or is Brent really emotionless and robotic? That's what I get from him, he seems almost detached from the world or something.

Jodi and Shannon - I love this team, they're just soooo sweet to each other. But Shannon will probably be a liability to the team, I just can't see them going far. Which is a pity, I really, really like them.

These are the teams that stood out for me this leg. I still find the cast kinda boring, but the first leg was great. Looking forward to more legs to come!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2010, 06:12:53 AM »
Here is my thoughts for this leg of the race:

1. This race is too fast-paced for me! I can't cope with its speed! Well, I'm saying this negatively. From Phil's Spiels, I really think I'm missing all of previous TAR's intros. And once they were in Chile, everything was fast, especially in the painting. They did not show the other teams while they do the paintings.

2. Cast is fine. I love Jody and Shannon, Jeff and Jordan, Carol and Brandy, Monique and Shawne, and Jordan and Dan (calling, I love you Bro! :lol3:). Others, lack of personality. :groan:

3. Love the dynamics! But wish that they could have shown more of the interaction of the teams, not all their penalties.

4. Wulff's Castle was not shown. :'(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2010, 08:01:36 AM »
Really nice season premiere, Better than the last season's.  :tup:

Very exciting episode and really good tasks.
I like the teams also but my faves would be Jordan & Jeff, Dan & Jordan, and Brent & Caitlin and I'm interested with the cowboys and Jody & Shannon :hearts:

We'll see about the other teams, some are boring I admit   (:;) but they're probably going to be better in the coming legs so don't judge them now they probably haven't shown their true colors yet! :lol:

At least Dana & Adrian did their best though. No kidding that roadblock was really difficult! :groan:

Overall, Great season premier! Looking forward for the coming episodes!  :jumpy:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:18:25 AM by nathandg0924 »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2010, 08:28:27 AM »

Really good tasks.

Sorry, didn't mean to argue, but I really disagree with these two.

Last season and Season 14's was better than this. But this is better than S13's (which is also in SA  :res:)

Really good tasks, yah, have the potential. But if they were to make it much difficult than painting a small dot (it seems so  :lol3:) in the wall, epicness would have surfaced.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2010, 09:33:53 AM »
We can see teams riding cabs along the corniche, sunlight coming in from the left side. Unfortunately, the road twists and turns so without some landmarks it's hard to figure if they're traveling north or south. Does anyone have the "special thanks"? If Wulff is included, that would nail it down.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »
We can see teams riding cabs along the corniche, sunlight coming in from the left side. Unfortunately, the road twists and turns so without some landmarks it's hard to figure if they're traveling north or south. Does anyone have the "special thanks"? If Wulff is included, that would nail it down.

Checked the credits and NO mention of the "castilo" BUT there is a nod to "Municipality Vina del Mar".... along with Municipality Valparaiso, Santiago Airport...  

BTW Neobie, they give credit to TWO other bus(?) terminals... the Condor Terminal Los Heroes and the Terminal Rodoviario(?)...

Also, credit to the Alameda Bus Terminal in Santiago....  

Also... something called ProChile ?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:34:22 AM by Boingo »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »
 :lol:  FWIW, Terminal Rodoviario de Valparaíso (Chile)

Terminal de Buses Vina del Mar

:groan: Everything you ever wanted to know about bus terminals in northern Chile

:lol3:  who knew... they put two bus terminals next to each other in Santiago...    :groan: ... Terminal Sur used in second leg, and Terminal Alameda used in first leg...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:52:48 AM by Boingo »

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »
So Dana only did the roadblock after they were eliminated, per the insider video.  It was just to let her see if she could do it, and she was able to very easily.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2010, 11:32:58 AM »
So Dana only did the roadblock after they were eliminated, per the insider video.  It was just to let her see if she could do it, and she was able to very easily.
:'( :'( :'( Should not have given the roadblock to someone with a fear of heights.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »
:'( :'( :'( Should not have given the roadblock to someone with a fear of heights.

IIRC, he gave her the choice, and she chose him.   :groan:

AmazingDT

« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
My thoughts on the cast.

Joe and Heidi: I think their first leg went well because there's not that much pressure as later legs of being eliminated.

Steve and Allie: This team is funny.  LOL at painting someone's house

Jeff and Jordan: They're in my neutral side but they did better than i expected.

Brent and Caite: I guess they can be a strong team but they should've read the clue instead of following their "gut".

Monique and Shawne: I had low expectations for them but their creeping to my favorite list.

Carol and Brandy: They're in my neatral list.

Dan and Jordan:  I don't understand why they keep on making fun of Caite.

Michael and Louie: "9th?!?  (:;)" LOL! loved them.

Jody and Shannon: They seem nice and friendly.  One of my favorites.

Jet and Cord:  They're in my favorite list too.  How did they climb from last to 3rd?

Adrian and Dana:  It's too bad they were the first eliminated.  But before the race they were in my neatral section.

Overall, this is going to be a good season.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2010, 12:18:39 PM »
So... Can anyone figure out how they made it from the airport to the Terminal Pajaritos? By bus, or taxi?

Both the airport buses that pass the Terminal Pajaritos continue to Terminal Los Heroes, but I don't see why any team would want to head there unless they missed their stop. Valparaiso buses only leave from Pajaritos as far as I know.

We see all the teams getting off at the Rodoviario Terminal in Valparaiso at least, so no confusion there.

Not sure if we saw Alameda in Leg One, they probably credited it for Terminal Sur in Leg Two?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:28:31 PM by Neobie »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2010, 12:32:37 PM »
So... Can anyone figure out how they made it from the airport to the Terminal Pajaritos? By bus, or taxi?

Both the airport buses that pass the Terminal Pajaritos continue to Terminal Los Heroes, but I don't see why any team would want to head there unless they missed their stop. Valparaiso buses only leave from Pajaritos as far as I know.

We see all the teams getting off at the Rodoviario Terminal in Valparaiso at least, so no confusion there.

;)  hmmm... according to my handy-dandy bus link above, the Terminal Alameda has bus service to Vina del Mar and Valparaiso every 10 minutes.  And they gave Terminal Alameda a credit, not Terminal Pajaritos...   :res:

Translation from bus link....
Alameda bus terminal: Address: Alameda 3570, Metro University of Santiago, commune of Central station.
(02) Phone: 7762424.
Review: Has services to Chile (Turbus and Pullman Bus) and South Pullman has services to the sixth and seventh regions. There are outlets to Viña del Mar and Valparaíso frequencies of 10 minutes between the 06.00 and 22 hours.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2010, 12:33:56 PM »
I ws sad Adrian and Dana got eliminated, but that gives Jody and Shannon another leg and i love that!

I really like Jeff and Jordan alot. Very positive team and my liking for them just increased loads. Brent and Caite... is pretty eerrgggh to me. OMG, i love Shawne and Monique, very positive team who went from the back to second place! Same with Jet and Cord, how did they do that??

Steve and Allie painting the entire house was hilarious, but they along with the asian couple didn't get much screentime this leg. Carol and Brandy got decent screentime while the 1/2 gay brother team (the gay one) was pretty annoying. I don't like Michael and Louie and am glad that my pre show vibes about them stayed. LOVED THE GRANDMA/GRANDDAUGHTER TEAM!!!

Jody/Shannon
Shawne/Monique
Steve/Allie
Carol/Brandy
Jeff/Jordan

NEUTRAL
Jet/Cord
Joe/Heidi

DISLIKE
Michael/Louie
Dan/Jordan
Brent/Caite

The RB was challenging but we didn't really see much of the culture in Chile. :( That roadblock could have been done anywhere in the world and was TARA 2's Singapore starting line task i believe....

As for the painting of the building..... boring.

Not a very good season premiere for me i think. It seems to be like any other regular episode... and using the bus to fetch them to the starting line??? Where's the helicopters we had for TAR 10???

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: February 15, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »
... and using the bus to fetch them to the starting line??? Where's the helicopters we had for TAR 10???

:lol: ummm... I believe this fits in with the whole "public transportation" theme of the show.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
... and using the bus to fetch them to the starting line??? Where's the helicopters we had for TAR 10???

:lol: ummm... I believe this fits in with the whole "public transportation" theme of the show.

And public transportation drama is much more refreshing and less bunchy than airport drama.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2010, 12:51:49 PM »

The 12.20pm Condor bus to Vina del Mar and the 12.20pm Tur Bus to Valparaiso fit the schedules for the Pajaritos Terminal though... And according to the Wordpress link, Curacavi, Linea Azul and Condor are found at Pajaritos, not Alameda. Did the teams split up?

Ah, they took the airport bus into Santiago. That's where Jet/Cord have their money issues - the interior of the bus is different as the second bus pulls into Valparaiso.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 01:08:46 PM by Neobie »

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »
I forgot to ask who said "Nana is kickin' you butt"?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2010, 01:39:25 PM »

Really good tasks.

Sorry, didn't mean to argue, but I really disagree with these two.

Last season and Season 14's was better than this. But this is better than S13's (which is also in SA  :res:)

Really good tasks, yah, have the potential. But if they were to make it much difficult than painting a small dot (it seems so  :lol3:) in the wall, epicness would have surfaced.

TAR 14 has the better intro, but TAR 15's first leg was horrid in comparison to this one. So many lost opportunities in Japan.