Author Topic: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--  (Read 87769 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: TAR16 - EP1: "Nana is kickin' your butt (Chile)"--
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
This is really, really ridiculous. At this point they might as well give us a document with all of the race's tasks and locations as well as the entire finish order. It can't possibly get worse than this. :P
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2010, 06:57:33 PM »
This is really, really ridiculous. At this point they might as well give us a document with all of the race's tasks and locations as well as the entire finish order. It can't possibly get worse than this. :P

You mean BETTER than this, right?? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2010, 08:12:07 PM »

You mean BETTER than this, right?? :lol3:

Actually, it could be worse. Someone could have posted a play-by-play of the entire episode. Now that would have just plain sucked.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2010, 08:29:12 PM »
I was actually teasing...it is an awful thing when someone entrusted with a preview of the episode for review makes a mistake and releases the info early. But I am sure whoever did it feels awfull. Mistakes do happen in life, they did all they could to backtrack, and hopefully will institute some checks. I just feel sorry for the couple involved, and for those who avoid spoilers and were inadvertently spoiled. At least if you are here, you want the info, but many do not like to even know so much as the locations.

I love the detecting and the finding of spoilers, and LOVE to watch to see how all our hard earned spoilers play out. But even I like some mystery and some surprises along the way. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline biglove44

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »
can we watch the show live on here?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
Normally here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21687.0.html

But I had some production issues tonight.... so it was late. First night blues...how dare my stream dry up!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »
I'm assuming the Dana shot at 7.30pm is after their elimination, then, with all teams checking in before that?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2010, 10:40:04 PM »
The premiere standup was strange. Instead of the much nicer Eastern Columbia building next door, he's standing on the nondescript May Company addition (bird's eye here).

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2010, 11:38:02 PM »
current TAR 16 Leaderboard

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 01:26:55 AM by Evan_Weinstein »
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »
NICE Evan!! I love it, please keep updating us!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2010, 11:53:34 PM »
Another editing sleight-of-hand: why would a bus terminal at the airport have a bus leaving for... the Aeropuerto? :lol:

This is the schedule for the Pajaritos Terminal in downtown Santiago. Turbus runs buses from the airport to this terminal.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:57:26 PM by Neobie »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2010, 11:57:49 PM »
Was Wulff castle ever a part of it? (future tarcon question  :lol:) We can see the teams arriving at the main terminal at Valpo, not Vina. And we can see them leave in taxis from the station (the Congress building and Claudia Cafe can be seen in the background). We hear teams asking for Villaseca; if the audio is spliced in, they did a great job with it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »
Damn you both are good. :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2010, 12:03:42 AM »
The couple are the best losers ever... if only adrian could clear the high rope.  :'(

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2010, 12:09:45 AM »
Wow! That episode was quite a whirlwind. I'm not sure there was even time to draw breath.

Hopefully the pace slows down enough, otherwise we're not going to know half of the teams by the time the end rolls around.

Jeff & Jordan: These two surprised me this episode. I didn't think they would start off so dominant (or even be dominant, for that matter). I really hope that somehow Jordan gets at least a little smarter before Leg 2, so we don't have to watch them make clueless mistakes while still being successful. On a side note, though, it would be funny to see them eliminated due to a careless mistake. :snicker:

Monique & Shawne: Faster than I anticipated. These two (despite the spoilers) actually appear to have great potential to be a threat. Possibly my favorite team now, although it's still hard to know who to like and who the villains should be.

Jet & Cord: Impressive catchup! They went from last place all the way up to third by being fast and smart when necessary. I think. It was actually quite hard to tell just how they ended up in third place. But obviously they did it, so they look like they'll be a tough team to beat.

Steve & Allison: I like these two, but they haven't made a very smart first impression, either. The problem that many teams seem to have this season is hurrying up without actually knowing what they are doing (see Brent & Caite also). But I think they will improve as they get used to the race. We'll see.

Joe & Heidi: Seems Joe has a few random skills. Knowing the transportation system of LA was useful this episode (until the other teams beat them to the first flight). Not a lot more to go on yet, but I think they will be portrayed as the Lance & Keri of the season. Which is a shame, because so far I see little evidence of them being obnoxious. But I guess we'll see in Leg 2, as we saw in the preview.

Carol & Brandy: These two have some good entertainment value going for them. Usually teams who have that will go pretty far. Lot's of good one-liners. I think they're greatest asset will be keeping level heads and thinking through things before rushing ahead and doing them carelessly.

Brent & Caite: They're going to have the storyline of the season: proving that she's not clueless. Unfortunately they seem to have failed with that from the very first leg. :lol: I'll be rooting for them to fall out. Not sure why, I just don't get good vibes from them. Plus, I don't want to have that awful storyline shoved down my throat the whole season, and I sure don't want to see them win.

Daniel & Jordan: Don't have much to say about these two yet. Losing a paint brush is a rather trivial mistake that I'm not sure warranted a penalty. But then again, when have we seen any team lose the provided supplies for a task before? These two could become a threat, but not until they become a little more careful about how they perform tasks.

Louie & Michael: Looks like we'll be getting the Globetrotter edit from them. Only they aren't quite as entertaining. They're likable though, but it's hard to say if they're likable enough to root for at this point.

Jody & Shannon: Love these two already! I really hope they get a chance on the next leg to climb out of last place. They're low finish seems to have been due to fate rather than skill. If they're equalized again, I think they will be competitive. But right now I just have an awful feeling that they will be last for the entire next episode, which would be sad.

Adrian & Dana: Oh well. They gave it their best. Another team that I realize how much I'm going to miss. If they would've just thought a little more about their Roadblock choice they would still be in it. Uchenna & Joyce and Chip & Kim will apparently not be duplicated this season, which is a shame.

As a whole, the first episode was kind of a letdown for me. I was excited at the start, but the ridiculously fast-paced editing and the over-portrayal of all our wonderful "stunt teams" turned me off rather quickly, and left me confused. Oh, and also the cluelessness of almost all of the racers. This season looks like it will beat TAR 13 in racer cluelessness if they continue to race like they did in this leg. The vital lesson for everyone seems to be: slow down, read the clue, and think through what you are doing.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2010, 12:11:03 AM »
Was Wulff castle ever a part of it? (future tarcon question  :lol:) We can see the teams arriving at the main terminal at Valpo, not Vina. And we can see them leave in taxis from the station (the Congress building and Claudia Cafe can be seen in the background). We hear teams asking for Villaseca; if the audio is spliced in, they did a great job with it.

Let's not forget the mandatory "first leg rest period", which also appears to be edited out.   :lol:   I'm sure there is a connection to the castle there somewhere...  ;)  (remember the prior seasons "green room" & Tokyo Tower editing slight-of-hand).  :groan:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2010, 12:14:17 AM »
The camera EXIF data seem to have us all on the same day though. Fast work, Slowhatch! I was coming in with the same info!

Hmm, though. The 12.20pm bus is scheduled to arrive in Valparaiso at 1.50pm, and Dan/Jordan finish the cable walk at 2.46pm. Enough time to squeeze in Castillo Wulff?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:26:59 AM by Neobie »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2010, 12:37:50 AM »
 :lol:  Just an observation of the JJs on the pitstop bathmat.... even though Jeff says that they have been together every weekend since BB, notice how Jordan almost pulls back from the mandatory winners embrace on the mat after Phil tells them about winning the trip to Vancouver.   :lol3:  IMHO, looks to me that this "so called" relationship has a ways to go before they get to the "touchy feely stage". 

How ironic too, that along with the travel package, they get to ride the skeleton course at the Olympic "Bobsled Track From HELL!"   :ascared  (BTW, the skeleton sled goes "head-first" down the track).   (:;)  They may be having second thoughts about that prize, right about now.   :res:

Offline kimj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2010, 12:39:38 AM »
they were touchy felly on live at the studio

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2010, 12:39:50 AM »
Can you guys figure out where teams picked up their pails and ladders? It sure doesn't look like the bottom of the Ascensor Artilleria! Much closer to Templeman, I think. Top of the Ascensor Concepcion?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:45:36 AM by Neobie »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2010, 12:43:27 AM »
Can you guys figure out where teams picked up their pails and ladders? It sure doesn't look like the bottom of the Ascensor! Much closer to Templeman, I think... Top of the Ascensor Concepcion?

yep, my thinking exactly.... 

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2010, 12:49:40 AM »
Wow! That episode was quite a whirlwind. I'm not sure there was even time to draw breath.

Hopefully the pace slows down enough, otherwise we're not going to know half of the teams by the time the end rolls around.

Jeff & Jordan: These two surprised me this episode. I didn't think they would start off so dominant (or even be dominant, for that matter). I really hope that somehow Jordan gets at least a little smarter before Leg 2, so we don't have to watch them make clueless mistakes while still being successful. On a side note, though, it would be funny to see them eliminated due to a careless mistake. :snicker:

Monique & Shawne: Faster than I anticipated. These two (despite the spoilers) actually appear to have great potential to be a threat. Possibly my favorite team now, although it's still hard to know who to like and who the villains should be.

Jet & Cord: Impressive catchup! They went from last place all the way up to third by being fast and smart when necessary. I think. It was actually quite hard to tell just how they ended up in third place. But obviously they did it, so they look like they'll be a tough team to beat.

Steve & Allison: I like these two, but they haven't made a very smart first impression, either. The problem that many teams seem to have this season is hurrying up without actually knowing what they are doing (see Brent & Caite also). But I think they will improve as they get used to the race. We'll see.

Joe & Heidi: Seems Joe has a few random skills. Knowing the transportation system of LA was useful this episode (until the other teams beat them to the first flight). Not a lot more to go on yet, but I think they will be portrayed as the Lance & Keri of the season. Which is a shame, because so far I see little evidence of them being obnoxious. But I guess we'll see in Leg 2, as we saw in the preview.

Carol & Brandy: These two have some good entertainment value going for them. Usually teams who have that will go pretty far. Lot's of good one-liners. I think they're greatest asset will be keeping level heads and thinking through things before rushing ahead and doing them carelessly.

Brent & Caite: They're going to have the storyline of the season: proving that she's not clueless. Unfortunately they seem to have failed with that from the very first leg. :lol: I'll be rooting for them to fall out. Not sure why, I just don't get good vibes from them. Plus, I don't want to have that awful storyline shoved down my throat the whole season, and I sure don't want to see them win.

Daniel & Jordan: Don't have much to say about these two yet. Losing a paint brush is a rather trivial mistake that I'm not sure warranted a penalty. But then again, when have we seen any team lose the provided supplies for a task before? These two could become a threat, but not until they become a little more careful about how they perform tasks.

Louie & Michael: Looks like we'll be getting the Globetrotter edit from them. Only they aren't quite as entertaining. They're likable though, but it's hard to say if they're likable enough to root for at this point.

Jody & Shannon: Love these two already! I really hope they get a chance on the next leg to climb out of last place. They're low finish seems to have been due to fate rather than skill. If they're equalized again, I think they will be competitive. But right now I just have an awful feeling that they will be last for the entire next episode, which would be sad.

Adrian & Dana: Oh well. They gave it their best. Another team that I realize how much I'm going to miss. If they would've just thought a little more about their Roadblock choice they would still be in it. Uchenna & Joyce and Chip & Kim will apparently not be duplicated this season, which is a shame.

As a whole, the first episode was kind of a letdown for me. I was excited at the start, but the ridiculously fast-paced editing and the over-portrayal of all our wonderful "stunt teams" turned me off rather quickly, and left me confused. Oh, and also the cluelessness of almost all of the racers. This season looks like it will beat TAR 13 in racer cluelessness if they continue to race like they did in this leg. The vital lesson for everyone seems to be: slow down, read the clue, and think through what you are doing.

TAR 16's intro was the complete opposite of TAR 15. The tasks were MUCH more improved, but there was just too much to do...and not enough airing time. CBS needs to give one of its better performing series a longer intro: 90 minutes should have fit everything in perfectly.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »
they were touchy felly on live at the studio

They are not a PDA type of couple from what I remember and Jordan pulled away when Jeff went in for a kiss several times on BB. I doubt that will change now that they are on Tar.

Offline biglove44

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2010, 01:08:15 AM »
:lol:  Just an observation of the JJs on the pitstop bathmat.... even though Jeff says that they have been together every weekend since BB, notice how Jordan almost pulls back from the mandatory winners embrace on the mat after Phil tells them about winning the trip to Vancouver.   :lol3:  IMHO, looks to me that this "so called" relationship has a ways to go before they get to the "touchy feely stage". 

How ironic too, that along with the travel package, they get to ride the skeleton course at the Olympic "Bobsled Track From HELL!"   :ascared  (BTW, the skeleton sled goes "head-first" down the track).   (:;)  They may be having second thoughts about that prize, right about now.   :res:

this "so called" relationship is a real relationship, "nuff said".  At the time of filming, wasn't their theme "newly dating"?  Yeah, not really looking for a makeout scene here.