Author Topic: After 16 seasons, will an all-female team finally win the race?  (Read 27655 times)

Offline misterblah

• RFF Jr. Member
After 16 seasons, will an all-female team finally win the race?
« on: January 27, 2010, 09:21:44 AM »
I don't think so considering none of these teams look like they can pull off a Dustin and Kandice or Jaime and Cara. However, the lesbians and the moms look like they can pull off a lyn and karlyn or charla and mirna. who knows.  :duno: we'll have to wait and find out!

DavidJunior

Re: After 16 seasons, will an all-female team finally win the race?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »
i have the most faith in Carol/Brandy (dating couple) making it the farthest

but i just love Monique/Shawne (moms)  :hearts:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:40:40 PM »
I predict Carol & Brandy are going to win. It may sound early to declare that, but they have the winners "aura."
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »
I predict Carol & Brandy are going to win. It may sound early to declare that, but they have the winners "aura."

Yes. They are quite confident about themselves, and really can't wait for Feb 14th!! I'm just loving the F/F cast, and if some of those 3 teams make it into the F3, all the episodes in this season will be very exciting!!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:12:48 PM »
I think if any of the all female teams are going to win, it will be Monique and Shawne. Mothers in TAR all have a history of punching above their weight (Linda & Karen, Toni, Margie in particular)

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 03:35:21 AM »
I guess so :duno: We'll see if an all female team won or probably it could happen in the next season

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 08:30:38 AM »
I don't think so considering none of these teams look like they can pull off a Dustin and Kandice or Jaime and Cara. However, the lesbians and the moms look like they can pull off a lyn and karlyn or charla and mirna. who knows.  :duno: we'll have to wait and find out!

They don't need to pull off a previous team, they need a new team, a F/F team that can finally win this. :yess:

And yes, judging by my avatar, I am rooting for Carol & Brandy. I just felt it too. And I LOVE all the F/F teams this season <3 <3

But I think Carol & Brandy are more on the Dustin & Kandice side, from what I've seen in CBS vids at this moment. But I hope they're still neither (read my 1st sentence =) ).
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 01:45:51 PM »
I think that the several international adaptations has proven that F/F teams can do very well in the race and also win while young and fit M/M (in the American version it's like an automatic finale 5 placement) can also do very badly.
In my opinion the American version have problems with their casting process. Last season Maria and Tiffany didn't have a chance in hell, in this season, while all the M/M teams have a big winning potential besides Carol & Brandy the other two F/F teams don't have a chance, Grandma will probably make good TV (and I do consider her as a good casting choice) but a weak racer and the lawyer ladies are not aggressive enough.

CBS should not have a probelem to cast a more cohesive teams if they change their audition parameters and addapt the actual race to the abilities of those teams. Right now almost every task is more suited to Male participants than female, if the show adapt more female oriented task, such as high heels races  (a task that also make excellent TV)  that are popular in several places, F/F team could have a better chance.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 02:13:33 PM »
high heel races?? Omg...please say you are being sarcatic. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

DavidJunior

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 03:07:55 PM »
last season i only saw one set of tasks that were severely male oriented

that was the Detour in the Netherlands.

from what i saw, they struggled because Tiffany did all the work, while Maria was a safe distance away (but still in the shot).  The Detour in HCMC is a perfect example.  Why was Tiffany the only one lugging the animal around?

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 03:23:27 PM »
high heel races?? Omg...please say you are being sarcatic. :groan:

No, I think it's going to be totally hilarious

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 10:22:56 PM »
Monique & Shawne FTW!
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »
Monique & Shawne FTW!
Yep! They are my favorite F/F team this race! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 04:57:17 PM »
Monique & Shawne FTW!
Yep! They are my favorite F/F team this race! :tup:

I do believe that this cast has lots of chances for F/F teams, IMO. I just hope they can make it far.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 02:56:05 PM »
They need to bring Dustin & Kandice and/or Cara & Jaime back again
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 06:15:22 AM »
Even Kisha & Jen could give them a run for their money! Or Linda & Karen! :tup:

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »

Kisha & Jen?! I disagree.  :neener:

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »

That fact that a team made it to the final 4 doesn't automatically make them a strong team, both Kisha & Jen and Jaime & Cara were extremely lucky in their seasons. Especially the sisters, they gave Dan & Andrew a run for their money in the stupid mistakes department.
If either one of those teams would be cast to a second season I doubt that they are going to do well.

I would like to see Lynnette & Karlyn have another shot, I think they are going to do a lot better without Erwin & Goodwin and Mary & Dave.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
That fact that a team made it to the final 4 doesn't automatically make them a strong team, both Kisha & Jen and Jaime & Cara were extremely lucky in their seasons. Especially the sisters, they gave Dan & Andrew a run for their money in the stupid mistakes department.
If either one of those teams would be cast to a second season I doubt that they are going to do well.

I would like to see Lynnette & Karlyn have another shot, I think they are going to do a lot better without Erwin & Goodwin and Mary & Dave.

Are you saying that Lyn & Karlyn are a strong team? I highly doubt that. And I hope to never watch them on TV again. They may be nice people in real life, but let's not put Karlyn on the race again.

Kisha & Jen and Jaime & Cara, while not strong teams, are certainly stronger than Lyn & Karlyn ever were.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

DavidJunior

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 05:09:13 PM »

Are you saying that Lyn & Karlyn are a strong team? I highly doubt that. And I hope to never watch them on TV again. They may be nice people in real life, but let's not put Karlyn on the race again.

Kisha & Jen and Jaime & Cara, while not strong teams, are certainly stronger than Lyn & Karlyn ever were.

Yeah, Lyn and Karlyn were in no way the "strong team" in that alliance.  If Erwin and Godwin hadn't teamed up with them then E/G probably would've performed better, NOT L/K

and I think both Kisha and Jen and Jaime and Cara would be just fine a second time around

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 02:16:41 AM »
I think Karlyn is the worst thing to happen to the show, in my humble opinion. I would rather watch paint dry. :res:

Kisha & Jen?! I disagree.  :neener:
:lol3:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 05:32:40 AM »
I think Kisha and Jen could easily make it to the final four or five again. Yes they did leave their packs behind, forcing them to run barefoot in the streets of Thailand. But unless you count severe hydrophobia, an inopportune bathroom break (along with the taxi dropping them off on the wrong side of the stadium) and difficulty driving a stick shift as big mistakes, they ran a reasonably clean race.

Offline jtarhead11

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 11:19:07 AM »
I think that the several international adaptations has proven that F/F teams can do very well in the race and also win while young and fit M/M (in the American version it's like an automatic finale 5 placement) can also do very badly.
In my opinion the American version have problems with their casting process. Last season Maria and Tiffany didn't have a chance in hell, in this season, while all the M/M teams have a big winning potential besides Carol & Brandy the other two F/F teams don't have a chance, Grandma will probably make good TV (and I do consider her as a good casting choice) but a weak racer and the lawyer ladies are not aggressive enough.

CBS should not have a probelem to cast a more cohesive teams if they change their audition parameters and addapt the actual race to the abilities of those teams. Right now almost every task is more suited to Male participants than female, if the show adapt more female oriented task, such as high heels races  (a task that also make excellent TV)  that are popular in several places, F/F team could have a better chance.

:umn:  I agree with realshow fan...  these women don't need to pull off a previous team.  Why focus on what was instead of what is??  These women all seem talented and intelligent, but lets face it, the race favors men over women! That's why an f/f team has yet to win, and I doubt they ever will, at least not in America.  Sure, luck and a smidgeon of street smarts, (or at least the ability to read and follow directions), helps, but the majority of the challenges are about guts, brute strength and speed over calm, intelligence and finesse.  Thats not to say women can't do anything they set they're minds to, but isn't it really a questions of physics: 2 men who can lift over 100lbs each are an obviously stronger team than 2 women who can lift only 50lbs each!  Intelligence isn't going to help these women, not in the individual challenges, and not in the race as a whole, as both men and other women, culturally in the U.S., are threatened by a woman who is intelligent. The race stereotypes women: moms/sisters , babes, bimbos and bitches.  Is it a surprise that in the early promos for the race the only 2 women to be prominently featured are young Barbie look a likes who are not known for their IQs??  Where are the strong, intelligent women??  Ignored and marginalized b/c a Barbie brawl makes better TV?  Give me a break!!!

BTW  I think running an entire leg of the race in high heels would be fabulous!!  The women have to dress in men's clothes AND shoes all the time!!!  Lets see it reversed!!  :lol:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 11:23:48 AM »

:umn:  I agree with realshow fan...  these women don't need to pull off a previous team.  Why focus on what was instead of what is??  These women all seem talented and intelligent, but lets face it, the race favors men over women! That's why an f/f team has yet to win, and I doubt they ever will, at least not in America.  Sure, luck and a smidgeon of street smarts, (or at least the ability to read and follow directions), helps, but the majority of the challenges are about guts, brute strength and speed over calm, intelligence and finesse.  Thats not to say women can't do anything they set they're minds to, but isn't it really a questions of physics: 2 men who can lift over 100lbs each are an obviously stronger team than 2 women who can lift only 50lbs each!  Intelligence isn't going to help these women, not in the individual challenges, and not in the race as a whole, as both men and other women, culturally in the U.S., are threatened by a woman who is intelligent. The race stereotypes women: moms/sisters , babes, bimbos and bitches.  Is it a surprise that in the early promos for the race the only 2 women to be prominently featured are young Barbie look a likes who are not known for their IQs??  Where are the strong, intelligent women??  Ignored and marginalized b/c a Barbie brawl makes better TV?  Give me a break!!!

BTW  I think running an entire leg of the race in high heels would be fabulous!!  The women have to dress in men's clothes AND shoes all the time!!!  Lets see it reversed!!  :lol:

While some of this is true, some of it has also been proven false.

Hands up everybody who thought Dustin and Kandice would turn out to be another dumb blonde team *raises hand*

If anything, the bimbo stereotype has been destroyed by the race (sans Kami and Karli, maybe). And the race has also shown that women can perform just as well as the men. Think about the final four of All Stars, especially, two gay men, two beauty queens, a little person and her cousin, and a frat boy/sorority sister combo. If that doesn't show that all people are created equal, I don't know what does.

DavidJunior

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 02:06:37 PM »
and if you think about it, very few F/F teams were eliminated because they weren't strong enough or fast enough
Kim and Leslie - got lost on the streets of Paris
Pat and Brenda - went to the wrong museum
Nancy and Emily - quit the detour and recieved a 24 hour penalty
Deidre and Hillary - were just unlucky to always be in back of the pack
Peggy and Claire - bad flight connection
Mary and Peach - got lost in Hong Kong
Gina and Sylvia - suffered a similar fate to Deidre and Hillary, unlucky to be in back of pack
Heather and Eve - misread a clue resulting in a 30ish minute penalty and their elimination
Monica and Sheree - fell behind at a luck based detour and couldn't catch up
Tian and Jaree - were the first to be eliminated because a task was primarily for guys
Charla and Mirna - bad flights, couldn't catch up
Kami and Karli - fell behind at the detour, couldn't catch up
Linda and Karen - eliminated due to male oriented task, but were the reason for the rule of no team member can perform more than 6 Roadblocks
Meredith and Maria - stick shift FAIL
Lena and Kristy - were very unlucky at the Hay Bale Roadblock, but apparently missed 4 clues, so they're not observant either
Megan and Heidi - stuck at the back of the pack
Debbie and Bianca - got lost in Chile
Godlewski Family - couldn't build a teepee, or find golf balls along a golf course
Lisa and Joni - stuck in the back
Wanda and Desiree - I'm not sure, because I haven't seen this episode (or most of this season...)
Danielle and Dani - Yielded
Kellie and Jamie - had trouble aiming in the Roadblock
Dustin and Kandice - too far behind to catch up to everyone else
Lyn and Karlyn - got a bad flight on the final leg
Dustin and Kandice/ Charla and Mirna - beat out in the end by a luckier team at the final task
Kate and Pat - too slow in the Netherlands
Mariana and Julia - inadvertently helped the team that ended up eliminating them
Shana and Jennifer - had trouble on the Roadblock and then got lost on top of that
Marisa and Brooke - got lost in New Zealand
Kelly and Christy - the number detour did them in
Christie and Jodi - got lost in Russia and couldn't make up the NEL penalty in India
Kisha and Jen - pee break, and it didn't help that they got lost a couple hours, as well as U-turned
Cara and Jaime - out-smarted at the final task which was a memory task
Maria and Tiffany - weren't strong enough at either Detour, one of only 3 or 4 F/F teams to fall due to a "male bias"