Author Topic: How to win  (Read 15505 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
How to win
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:28:44 PM »
Don’t get lost or get too many penalties: Mark and Michael from Season 14.

The race is not over until the fat lady sings (or gives up): Brian and Ericka survived not once but THREE TIMES on Season 15. Sam and Vince from Amazing Race Asia 3 gets a honorable mention, as well as B.J and Tyler from Season 9 and Zabrina and Joe Jer from Asia Season 1. Also, keeping your cool helps, Niroo from Asia Season 3 and Ericka from Season 15.

Wait for a team to screw up, then benefit: Andrew and Dan are the worst example for all of them. They were saved by Ajay and Ty, Kelly and Christy totally begged to get eliminated in India, and then in Russia, Toni and Dallas lost their passports.

Act like blur sotongs, it helps: Nick and Starr should give Ken and Tina some of their $1 million, having got adopted by the estranged couple. Also honorable mention, Andrew and Dan, for staying under the radar.

“Always, remember to read the clue”: Mark and Bill, Kelly and Christy and Brian and Ericka are the worst offenders (Bolivia, India Roadblock and Netherlands Detour).

Lastly, always hang on to your fanny pack. Staple it to your fanny if needed.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:52:46 PM by redskevin88 »

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Re: How to win
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 10:22:44 PM »
My tip: Act & be like Meghan & Cheyne OR Nick & Starr. Never too much, never too little.  :lol:

ETA: Oh, and do so if you are okay with being the predictable (don't wanna say boring) team. :P
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »
My tip: Act & be like Meghan & Cheyne OR Nick & Starr. Never too much, never too little.  :lol:

ETA: Oh, and do so if you are okay with being the predictable (don't wanna say boring) team. :P

Well you're still going to win $1 million, so it can't be all bad, right?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »
Oh, and another tip - Don't U-Turn a team that is a light year ahead of you, like Kynt & Vyxsin did.

And if you call people hookers and throw them the finger while at a Yield mat, that also helps!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »
Check the schedules to sure a train is coming soon so that your competition will have to wait before crossing the Finish Line! :lol3:

Come into the race with a declared mission/purpose that resonates with people (like Uchenna & Joyce). Don't be "bland" or you'll usually be out early. :P
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 09:28:15 PM »
Don't be "bland" or you'll usually be out early. :P

We  only wish. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 09:30:42 AM »
Oh, and another tip - Don't U-Turn a team that is a light year ahead of you, like Kynt & Vyxsin did.

And if you call people hookers and throw them the finger while at a Yield mat, that also helps!

This was just trying to not get eliminated. They had to try something before being out of the race. I understand'em...

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »

Actually, "bland" = sure-fire winner on this Race. :funny:

If you want to win, only go on foreign TAR editions if applying as an all-female team. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 01:38:11 PM »

If you want to win, only go on foreign TAR editions if applying as an all-female team. :funny:

I'll revise my definition and say that the most interesting teams (in general) finish in the middle of the pack, while being bland either means you'll go really far or be out in the first three legs. It's true that the winners since TAR 12 have been pretty bland (especially TK & Rachel).
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »
Hooky

Stoned does not equal bland.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 05:14:31 PM »
The 'interesting' teams are the earliest to go, in recent seasons (Anita & Arthur, Mark & Bill, Lorena & Jason, Zev & Justin, etc.)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

DavidJunior

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »
What ever you do, DON'T be the fan favorite.

They always make it close, but never come out on top

NEVER

except maybe Uchenna & Joyce...

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 12:59:29 AM »
I guess we can only conclude that some interesting teams go far, or end up in the middle or back of the pack. Which doesn't say anything at all. :umn: :lol3:

Hooky

Stoned does not equal bland.

:lol:

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 03:14:15 AM »

I'll revise my definition and say that the most interesting teams (in general) finish in the middle of the pack, while being bland either means you'll go really far or be out in the first three legs. It's true that the winners since TAR 12 have been pretty bland (especially TK & Rachel).

Would my mom and I be the bland winners if I haven't slipped up with the final surfboard?  :-p

DavidJunior

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 03:21:39 AM »

Would my mom and I be the bland winners if I haven't slipped up with the final surfboard?  :-p

You two were in no way bland.  I tend to root for the "villains", so I was really hoping that you won  ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 03:28:43 AM »
Winners maybe...never bland!! :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 07:33:18 AM »

You two were in no way bland.  I tend to root for the "villains", so I was really hoping that you won  ;)

They weren't that bland!  (:;)
Not all winners were like that!
Try to have fans dislike you! Some of the winners had people dislike them! :lol3:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 09:24:02 AM »
Errr... How to win??

I'd just say not having to eat a ostrich egg when you're probably out of the race (Charlagoddess... <3), or simply not having to play golf a windy day.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 09:32:57 AM »
Also, don't be related.

Nick and Starr and Tammy and Victor remain the only related winners, so this applies double if your signing up for the one of the first few seasons of something.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and The Linz Family, but I don't really count that.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 11:00:33 AM »
Well we were bound to have a family win TAR 8, so that really proved nothing other than alpha teams related by blood can win.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
Never lose your passport. It's related to the fanny pack, but sometimes, teams take the passport out to go through stuff. We saw this last season.

If you lose the passport, you are done. No questions asked.
Just here to visit.

Offline misterblah

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »
Also try not come in second last on a leg. Margie and Luke and Dustin and Kandice in the all-stars are the only teams they were never fighting for elimination.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »

This is becoming very off-topic, but no, your team was never bland. Even if you had been eliminated on Leg 1, you still wouldn't be bland. :tup:

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 03:36:25 PM »
Also try not come in second last on a leg. Margie and Luke and Dustin and Kandice in the all-stars are the only teams they were never fighting for elimination.

Is that the fact?

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 03:43:42 PM »

Wait a min. I'm the villain? :-p  Victor, Jaime and I should be on Villains Team  while my mom, Cara and Tammy should be on Heroes Team  :lol: