The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 16: Steve Smith and Allie Smith--Father/Daughter

<< < (7/9) > >>

David:

--- Quote from: Hooky on April 08, 2010, 01:33:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: DrRox on April 08, 2010, 12:55:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: Hooky on April 08, 2010, 12:26:53 AM ---
--- Quote ---TVGuide.com: Did you ever get back your bags that you left in the Seychelles?

Allie: Yeah, after we were eliminated in Malaysia, they gave them back. They were always going to give them back [after our run on the show]. We didn't even know they had them. We were just like, "Oh, we lost our bags."
--- End quote ---

Yes! Confirmation!

--- End quote ---

Did you really doubt that production DIDN'T pick them up, when shutting down the tortise detour?

--- End quote ---

No, I figured they would, but I've learned never to assume. :lol:

--- End quote ---

Couldn't they check-in and then go to get the bags?? Are they litterally sequestered during the PitStop time?? Can't they leave the place where they are??

chill_sd:

--- Quote from: DavidMV on April 08, 2010, 12:53:34 PM ---Couldn't they check-in and then go to get the bags?? Are they litterally sequestered during the PitStop time?? Can't they leave the place where they are??

--- End quote ---

In this case the PitStop was actually on a different island than where they had left their bags.  But I do believe they are not allowed back on the course after checking in.

In season 13 when Dan and Andrew left their shoes when they had to dress up as a cow, they were not allowed to go back after checking in, even though I believe it would have been within walking distance.

georgiapeach:
From pitstop to pitstart, the teams are unable to leave the Pitstop at all.

And recently they have often been sequestered from each other.

I miss ESM.  :'(

DeafRacer:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on April 08, 2010, 08:04:37 PM ---From pitstop to pitstart, the teams are unable to leave the Pitstop at all.

And recently they have often been sequestered from each other.

I miss ESM.  :'(

--- End quote ---

Yeah, you got it right. It drove me crazy of being locked up in the room and not knowing who would be eliminated till the next leg.

Dånooky:

--- Quote from: DavidMV on April 08, 2010, 12:53:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hooky on April 08, 2010, 01:33:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: DrRox on April 08, 2010, 12:55:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: Hooky on April 08, 2010, 12:26:53 AM ---
--- Quote ---TVGuide.com: Did you ever get back your bags that you left in the Seychelles?

Allie: Yeah, after we were eliminated in Malaysia, they gave them back. They were always going to give them back [after our run on the show]. We didn't even know they had them. We were just like, "Oh, we lost our bags."
--- End quote ---

Yes! Confirmation!

--- End quote ---

Did you really doubt that production DIDN'T pick them up, when shutting down the tortise detour?

--- End quote ---

No, I figured they would, but I've learned never to assume. :lol:

--- End quote ---

Couldn't they check-in and then go to get the bags?? Are they litterally sequestered during the PitStop time?? Can't they leave the place where they are??

--- End quote ---
Well, Dandrew were not allowed to go back and retrieve their shoes (they probably got them back at the finish line, though). I think there's a rule that says that once you check in, you may not backtrack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version