Author Topic: TAR 16: Louie Stravato and Michael Naylor--Detectives  (Read 33642 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 16: Louie Stravato and Michael Naylor--Detectives
« on: January 21, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
Louie and Michael

Detectives

Michael Naylor
Hometown: Providence, R.I.
Connection to your teammate: Friends/Detectives
Current Occupation: Undercover Detective 
Pet peeve about your teammate: He loves everyone
Favorite hobbies:Working out, running and lifting weights
Achievements: Numerous awards in the field of narcotics enforcement
Lifelong to do list: Raise my children to be honorable, productive, loving and happy people.  I would also like to write a book
If I could switch places with someone: Nobody, I am very happy with my life
Role Model/Hero: A father who stays with his family and teaches their kids to be happy, well accomplished people
What are you passionate about: Coaching Little League, New England Patriot football and Red Sox baseball
What would you do if you won the million dollars: Work less, spend more time with family and put my kids through college
People would be surprised to learn: That I will enjoy the Race whether I win or lose
Favorite place you have ever visited: Southern California
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: None
What did you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks): Completing the Race no matter what place we come in

Louie Stravato
Hometown:   Providence, R.I.
Connection to your teammate:  Friends/Detectives
Current Occupation: Undercover Detective
Pet peeve about your teammate:  He's a control freak
Favorite hobbies: Competing in power lifting competitions and Mixed Martial Arts
Achievements: The birth of my two sons, numerous awards for being a police officer and setting records as a power lifter
Lifelong to do list: To retire healthy, comfortable, and preferably wealthy
If I could switch places with someone: My dad
Role Model/Hero: My Dad. He has accomplished so much in life and is loved by his family, friends and peers. Though he lives in a lot of physical pain, he's always there to do whatever he can regardless of his condition 
What are you passionate about? Life and living it to the fullest and teaching my children to do the same
What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would live comfortably and do a lot of traveling
People would be surprised to learn: My life is pretty much an open book, so I'm not sure I could surprise anybody
Favorite place you have ever visited: Germany and Singapore
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Keeping up with each other
What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To show my children that anything is possible as long as you put your heart and soul into it

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 16: Louie Stravato and Michael Naylor--Detectives
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 01:55:51 PM »
Detectives from my home state from a very corrupt town! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 05:10:22 PM »
Detectives from my home state from a very corrupt town! :lol:

Are you still talking about this? :lol:

I have family members that are cops and they are wonderful people.

They are one of my favorite teams!  :tup:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 03:01:28 PM »
They're probably good cops. But the town is still corrupt. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 03:02:32 PM »
They're probably good cops. But the town is still corrupt. :lol:

:lol:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 08:21:07 AM »
I think this can be the first EVER M/M team I love!!!

I'm definitely rooting for this guys!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 01:25:22 PM »
One of my friend's friends is trying to pump info from Michael. He's not saying anything, of course, but she's trying everything she can to find out. I just told her to go to the spoiler section. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 04:16:51 PM »
One of my friend's friends is trying to pump info from Michael. He's not saying anything, of course, but she's trying everything she can to find out. I just told her to go to the spoiler section. :lol:

I like them and hope they go far. Are they back at work?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »

Poor Michael. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 12:37:08 AM »
Hopefully awesome like Andre and Damon (but more competent than them)

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 03:59:41 PM »
I think this can be the first EVER M/M team I love!!!

I'm definitely rooting for this guys!!

I hope she can get something out of him. That would be really cool.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 08:02:15 AM »
I am assuming this is in Rhode Island?

Tune into 92 PROFM tomorrow morning (Thursday, February 11th) to hear Lou and Mike talk about their experience on "The Amazing Race"
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 11:58:46 AM »

Tune into 92 PROFM tomorrow morning (Thursday, February 11th) to hear Lou and Mike talk about their experience on "The Amazing Race"

Search comes up as 92.3 FM out of Providence.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »

Yes, that's Providence, alright.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 08:18:04 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »
I love this team. I think they are going to be fun to watch! I hope they stay awhile.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »
Interesting article...recruited via Survivor??

The friendship of the other Rhode Island team developed from work. Stravato and Naylor are both drug-enforcement detectives. Stravato works in Providence; Naylor in Newport. And how they came to be on the show is revealing of Rhode Islanders’ apparent predisposition for reality TV stardom.

Stravato and Naylor were invited. Actually, Stravato was invited and then invited Naylor to join him.

“Being a non-trusting person and knowing how police officers torture each other, I didn’t believe him,” Naylor says.

A couple of years ago, Stravato, a longtime reality TV watcher, applied to be a contestant on “Survivor.”

“They liked me, but not enough,” Stravato says. “They said they’d keep me in mind.”

Eighteen months later a casting representative from “The Amazing Race” who saw Stravato’s “Survivor” audition tape e-mailed him, inviting him to audition and to pick a team partner.

“We still had to go through the whole process,” Stravato says.

So Stravato and Naylor filled out an application and sent in an audition tape. Then, last summer, they were invited to California for a one-week audition.

“It was physical and psychological testing,” Naylor says.

“It was intense,” Stravato says.

Other people auditioning, Naylor noticed, were plotting about how to behave to impress the show’s producers.

“We just went on and were ourselves,” Naylor says. “And it worked.”

Personality is what prevails. That’s Stravato’s theory.

“Mike and I are characters. We stuck out. They saw our video. They saw we were crazy. It’s good TV.”

Although Stravato and Naylor are fitness fanatics, they intensified their workouts to prepare for the show, adding running and rock climbing to their regular gym regimen. And they also analyzed the show, which involves overcoming physical and logistical obstacles in a race around the world.

“I watched shows with my son and I’d sit there screaming at these people, ‘These guys are idiots! Why did they do that?’ ” Naylor says. “I watched every episode. I studied them like they were homework assignments.”

To personality add perseverance. This is apparently what the show looks for in contestants. But the show doesn’t say that.

“They’re chosen because they’re just a real cross section of America,” says Phil Keoghan, the show’s host, on its Web site.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/reality_tv_02-21-10_ONHC0AM_v49.30190d9.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 05:21:21 PM »
You all are going to start seeing a stream of media related articles about Louie, so I wanted to give you an update here.

This is what is known so far:

Three Providence RI police officers were arrested 3/5 after a sting operation. The three officers were  accused of protecting a cocaine distribution ring and setting up drug deals.

Louie was NOT among those arrested. Apparently however, his name was brought up by someone during the investigation, and he was one of four officers assigned to desk duty pending further investigation. It is not known at this time why Louie has been placed on desk duty other than that his name was mentioned.

So some guidelines here for everyone to remember as this is discussed.

Louie is presumed innocent.

There will be no "bashing" of Louie or Michael in this forum.

Factual, legitimate news related to the racers can, as always, be discussed.

Until this matter can be resolved, I hope Louie and his family can take comfort in the love and support of the TAR community.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Gonnawatch

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »
I want to make something very clear.  ANYONE (with the exception of the moderator/Georgia Peach) that claims to have "inside information" or claims to have gotten information related to the investigation of "Operation Deception" - and/or Louie Stravato and/or Mick Naylor - is full of it.  This is a HUGE case in Rhode Island and the LAST person to give inside information to TAR or the news would be Mike or Louie - or anyone else.   

IF you have any knowledge of how these things work - how devastated Louie & Mike are - as well as their co-workers - you wouldn't be making claims to having knowledge - or getting inside knowledge.

Was a co-worker of Louie's involved in a drug bust?  Yes.  Does that make Louie any less upstanding or corrupt?  No.   Let the race be the race, let the investigation continue.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »
I don't see any claims of inside info here... But I feel your frustration.

I will say again:

Louie is presumed innocent.

There will be no "bashing" of Louie or Michael in this forum.

Factual, legitimate news related to the racers can, as always, be discussed.

Thanks in advance everyone, I know I can count on y'all.  :kuss:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 07:05:51 PM »
Louis D. Stravato, a Rhode Island Police Officer Who Appears on the Current Season of The Amazing Race, Has Been Relegated To Desk Duty After a Drug Investigation

A report from TMZ states that Louis Stravato, a Rhode Island police officer competing on the latest season of "The Amazing Race," has been put on desk duty due to an internal investigation regarding a drug ring run by police officers.

According to Rhode Island Police, Louie Stravato's name "came up" in an investigation into a cocaine ring run by cops. Three officers were arrested in connection with the Rhode Island cop drug ring. Stravato was not among those arrested. He was, however, one of four officers relegated to desk duty after the investigation.

Who is Louie Stravato?

Louis Stravato is a Providence police officer who is competing on The Amazing Race along with Michael Naylor, a detective in Newport, RI. Both men work in drug enforcement.

In his spare time, Louie Stravato competes in power lifting competitions and mixed martial arts. Stravato has described himself as a huge reality TV fan. He had auditioned to be a contestant on Survivor, which led to his participation in The Amazing Race. According to the Louie Bravato Bio on the CBS website, he has won "numerous awards for being a police officer."

Louie Stravato and Michael Naylor won the latest stage of the Amazing Race, which aired Sunday, March 7. Another Rhode Island pair, Dan and Jordan Pious, are also competing in the Amazing Race this season.

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/louie-stravato-amazing-race-star-part-drug-investigation-2588631.html

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 02:57:16 AM »
It sounds ridiculous but after tonight's episode my suspicions from the first leg are confirmed: This is my least favorite team.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 03:17:16 AM »
It sounds ridiculous but after tonight's episode my suspicions from the first leg are confirmed: This is my least favorite team.

They have come in first 2 weeks in a row? I thought you said if they continue to be second to last you would not like them? I like Mike and Louie and think they work well together.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 07:08:37 AM »
i love their friendship, their determination to come from behind, their let's do it attitude, their humor, and Louie with his "my cardio sucks!" :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 07:10:48 AM »
i love their friendship, their determination to come from behind, their let's do it attitude, their humor, and Louie with his "my cardio sucks!" :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more!

He shoulda listened when a certain team said Less Martinis and More Cardio