Author Topic: TAR 16: Jordan Lloyd and Jeff Schroeder--Newly Dating  (Read 76709 times)

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 16: Jordan Lloyd and Jeff Schroeder--Newly Dating
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 06:13:27 PM »
I love Jeff and Jordan and I'm glad they were the first team to check in!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »
Jeff and Jordan will be chatting on The Baub Show tomorrow night @10pm EST.

Link....

http://www.thebaubshow.com/

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »
Yeah....MurtzJaffer was wrong....JJ still in it!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »

He wasn't wrong. He never said they would be eliminated.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2010, 02:32:08 AM »

He wasn't wrong. He never said they would be eliminated.

Right all he said was that it did not look good for Jeff or Jordan. He never said they would be the team eliminated.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2010, 02:33:51 AM »

Link....

Why didn't they do the chat tonight? Would CBS not let them or something? I thought they are allowed to give interviews while still on Tar?

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2010, 11:20:04 AM »

Link....

Why didn't they do the chat tonight? Would CBS not let them or something? I thought they are allowed to give interviews while still on Tar?

It is being rescheduled as Jordan had to cancel due to conflicting schedules...I think she had to work. I will post the new date of the chat once I find out.

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »

Link....

It is being rescheduled as Jordan had to cancel due to conflicting schedules...I think she had to work. I will post the new date of the chat once I find out.

The guy who does the show said that none of them took into account CBS and it was decided it would be better for them to wait until after TAR to do the show because they didn't want something to accidentally get out or them to say so much, that is why they postponed it...he talked about it quiet a bit at the beginning of the show and then again towards the end of his show.

Offline tigellinus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2010, 07:17:24 AM »

It is being rescheduled as Jordan had to cancel due to conflicting schedules...I think she had to work.

Why does this phrasing strike me as Jordan having a "real job"? Say it ain't so!!

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 12:19:53 AM »
Were there any interviews with Jeff and Jordan that came out today?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 12:22:50 AM »
Sorry but I haven't had time to look...

They will be on Bonnie Hunt tomorrow...guess that is today by now!

And Rob interviewed them so watch for the RFF podcast as well!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 12:29:30 AM »
Reality Wanted Interview by Gina Scarpa:

Last night, on The Amazing Race, the remaining seven teams were given very little information on their clues, which took them around France. Several teams went to the wrong location, even the wrong city, more than once and a detour, in which they had to choose between skill and luck, caused stress and uncertainty. Jeff and Jordan, who have been at the back of the pack for a few legs now, were the last team to check in at the mat and were eliminated from the race. Today, the couple from Big Brother spoke to RealityWanted in an exclusive interview about doing another reality show, how the race affected their relationship, and what's next for them.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What was your reaction when you found out that you were going to get to go on The Amazing Race, especially coming off so fresh from Big Brother?
A. Jeff: Right after Big Brother, it was weird because it was such a whirlwind and then they asked us really quickly to try out for the race. Obviously, the answer was yes. I love to travel, it's a great show. Even though everything was going on, it was such a shock and we were definitely excited.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Teams on the race are often comprised of family members or couples that have been together for some time. Do you think it worked to your advantage or disadvantage to be a new couple?
A. Jeff: I think just the way we met was weird. I think it was to our disadvantage but who knows? We got to learn a lot about each other that we didn't on Big Brother. We went through ups and downs but in the end, it was all for the best.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Do you wish that in the last leg or two, there was the opportunity for all of the teams to catch up to one another and create a more even playing field?
A. Jordan: We were hoping that in the last leg that we got eliminated. I kept saying: Maybe we're gonna get on a bus or a train or a plane or something and it'll even us up.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Because of the vague clues on this leg of the race, it seemed like the most frustrating. Would you agree?
A. Jordan: We were so turned around and for some reason, it was so hard to talk to the French people. I couldn't understand them at all. The street signs were confusing and it was aggravating. It kind of got comical.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: When Rob and Amber were on The Amazing Race, it helped them that they were recognizable to people in different countries. Did being on Big Brother have any affect on the locals helping you along the way?
A. Jordan: No, nobody recognized us at all.
A. Jeff: I would've liked it if everybody recognized us. Some people in the states did but it didn't help us at all.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What teams on the race did you feel the closest to?
A. Jeff: For me, I think the cowboys were my favorite and Brent and Caite, we spent a lot of time with them at the back of the pack.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: At this point, who do you think is running the best race right now?
A. Jeff: Mike and Louie. They have that lead and nothing is done to even it out. They're clicking as a team, they work well together, and they're getting their breaks.
A. Jordan: I think all the teams are running good. We were hours behind Michael and Louie... an hour and a half... two hours... something like that.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Do you think there's anything you would've changed about the way you ran this last leg of the race?
A. Jeff: Yeah, everything that we did, we'd do the opposite!

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What are you two up to now? Have things quieted down?
A. Jordan: It's already died down a lot. Like, a lot! I'm back at the salon working and taking classes. Going to the beach and waiting for summer to get here.
A. Jeff: Right now, I'm just back at work. We'll see how this summer works. We'll still do the long distance thing throughout the summer and hopefully things change and something pops for us. When she graduates, we definitely have different options.

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/3055-the-amazing-race-16-exclusive-interview-with-jeff-schroeder-and-jordan-lloyd
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2010, 12:33:43 AM »
DigitalSpy Interview:

Jordan & Jeff ('The Amazing Race')
Monday, March 22 2010, 2:49pm EDT

By Lara Martin, News Editor

CBS
Big Brother couple Jordan Lloyd and Jeff Schroeder were arguably the fan favorites when they entered The Amazing Race. After charming America as housemates, the duo went on to win over viewers as they battled detours and roadblocks from Argentina to Europe. Unfortunately, their luck ran out during last night's champagne-themed week in France, and they became the latest team to be eliminated from the competition. We gave them a call to chat about the experience and whether there is any more reality TV in their future...

How did you go from Big Brother to The Amazing Race?
Jeff: "Being on Big Brother probably helped us out a lot. We were approached by the production team about whether we were interested in doing it. We applied, but I'm sure being on the show definitely gave us a leg up. We were totally interested in doing it and we got on!"

Were you worried at how the race pressures might affect your relationship, particularly as you had only started dating?
Jeff: "Absolutely. It's like any relationship, it has its up and downs like anything in life and being thrown into a situation like this is stressful on a relationship, and especially on a new relationship. I was definitely aware that it would be a different type of game, but I don't think either of us were prepared for how stressful it was or what we would go through on the race, but all in all it made us stronger in the end and I'm glad we did it."

You've obviously lived in close proximity to each other before, but did you discover anything about each other during the race that you didn't know about?
Jordan: "I didn't realize how competitive Jeff is and that if he has something in his head that he wants to do there is no changing his mind because he is so confident he is going to accomplish it."
Jeff: "So she's saying in a nice way that I'm stubborn! I think we both discovered that I need to turn the competitiveness down a little bit and she needs to turn it up a little bit. We also learned a lot of different things we need to meet in the middle in, and we saw some points in each other that we needed to work on because we didn't like that about each other. We learned from our mistakes and it's made us stronger in the end which I'm thankful for."

How did Big Brother and The Amazing Race compare - did you prefer one over the other?
Jeff: "They are incomparable to anything and I don't want to put one down over the other. I think The Amazing Race was more my style because it's about traveling and I've loved that my whole life. But Big Brother was an experience of a lifetime in itself. If I had to pick either of the two I'd say traveling is more my style."
Jordan: "I agree, I would say The Amazing Race more so because you're not just stuck in one place, you can travel to different countries and get to do all these exciting tasks. I'm glad I did Big Brother but The Amazing Race was just more fun for me."

Did people recognize you outside the States?
Jordan: "I don't think anybody outside the States recognized us but in the States at LAX airport people were coming up to us saying things, and of course it was obvious because we were wearing matching bookbags and matching shirts."
Jeff: "Just a handful of people recognized us and it didn't help us anyway in the race. They weren't like, 'Here's some money', it was more, 'Hey, what's up? We know you from Big Brother! Are you still together?' It was nothing that gave us a leg up, although I wish it would have!"

You seemed to have a string of misfortune, but also a lot of luck such as the non-elimination leg. Were you expecting to get this far?
Jeff:"I was expecting to win to be honest with you, I don't think anybody should do anything unless they expect the best from themselves. Looking back, we got so lucky and it was a blessing we got to stay as long as we did. We should have been out in Germany with the non-elimination, we were last in France but luckily there was the U-Turn. We got so far behind with all that stuff going on and the extra task we had to do, and waiting for other teams to finish. It was a stressful couple of legs of the race because we were last and I think you then make decisions you don't really think about because you're trying to rush. We made all the wrong decisions starting from that cab ride in Germany. It was a string of misfortune like you said!"

Did you know you were in bottom place last night?
Jeff: "Yes we knew. Every single thing they told us to do we did the opposite! Getting out of that town took us forever, we did everything wrong! But it was so bad that we did everything wrong it became comical, which is why we were so relaxed about everything. We just wanted to finish with our heads high and classy, and I think that's what we did and it was a good way to exit."

What was your favorite memory from the race?
Jordan: "Mine would be walking the wire in Chile, and Germany, too. I liked it there because it was around Christmas and there were lots of pretty decorations that looked so good, and they had good hamburgers!"
Jeff: "Mine was winning the first leg of course, because that was very memorable and awesome. The whole leg was just great and we got on perfectly as a team and clicked. And as much as we hated each other during that WW2 thing - that was definitely our downfall - that was the coolest thing ever with the bombs and the planes, because it was so realistic."

You've done Big Brother and The Amazing Race, any other reality shows in the future? Maybe Survivor?!
Jordan: "I would be terrible at that! Probably not!"
Jeff: "I think we need a reality break. I think people are getting tired of us being on TV. I would love to continue but it's like if I went on Survivor, what sort of chance would I have? People would be like, 'This guy has a silver spoon'. I don't think I'd have a fair shot at it even though I'd love to. I have two experiences that were once in a lifetime and I got to do it twice."

So what are your plans for the future, then?
Jordan: "I'm back at the salon and then I'm going to take some summer school classes, and me and Jeff are going to take a trip to Antiqua together later this year. My mom turns 50 on Thursday so we're also planning a cruise with the family. That's really it for me so far!"
Jeff: "That sounds like a lot!"

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s66/the-amazing-race/interviews/a210045/jordan--jeff-the-amazing-race.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2010, 12:37:01 AM »
Thank you Peach! I found one from TV guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Races-Jeff-1016545.aspx

Amazing Race's Jeff and Jordan: We Like to Make Mistakes

Jordan Lloyd won Big Brother 11, while Jeff Schroeder won fan favorite, but the couple didn't come close to winning The Amazing Race. After a bad cab ride left them in last place two weeks ago, the pair struggled to keep up before getting eliminated Sunday following yet another mistake-ridden leg. "We were trying to keep it positive, but this leg, if everything could've gone wrong, I think it did," Jeff, 31, tells TVGuide.com. "We started late and we tried our best. A lot of people made mistakes this leg, so if we had made the right decisions, we may have had a chance." See what else the two have to say about their last hurrah, what was wrong with their game plan, and if Jordan, 23, knows who Joan of Arc is now.

TVGuide.com: You never recovered from that cab ride in Germany two legs ago. Could you sense an elimination was imminent?
Jeff: We definitely felt it while we were running. We were in the back of the pack and whenever you're in the back, you never know where the other teams are, so you get more stressed out. We were making wrong choice after wrong choice, more so on my part.
Jordan: We were hoping there would be a plane ride or a train ride so we could catch up, but there wasn't. ... The cab ride in Germany — we were in there for 40 minutes, going the wrong way. It cost us almost $100. The driver wouldn't listen to us. He was all about that navigation system and thought it was so right. I was like, "Oh my God! We're probably going to get chopped up in an alley somewhere because it's so dark."

Amazing Race's Joe and Heidi: Morse code challenge was "an impossible task"

TVGuide.com: You and some other teams were directed to the wrong city after the Roadblock. Were you mad after seeing that some teams were directed to the right city?
Jeff: I wouldn't say mad, but what were you going to do? It's just the nature of the game. She directed us to the office instead of the castle, and the castle was, like, five minutes from where we were.
Jordan: She sent us, like, 30 to 40 minutes back to the other town. Then we just started laughing because we knew that was it for us.

TVGuide.com: When you got to the Detour and saw that Brent and Caite were still looking for the grapes, why didn't you choose to do the same? Did you think doing the glasses would be faster?
Jeff: We actually started with the grapes and then switched to the glasses. We knew we were really far behind, so we thought they were out there for hours, when they weren't. I feel like I really screwed up on the Race. I think you should stay where the competition is and beat them at the task, but my choice was always to go down the unbeaten path. "Listen, they're doing this. Let's do the other one because I can do anything as well as anyone else." That just wasn't the case. I should've listened to Jordan a little bit more because I think it hurt us a few times. ... I mean, I'm an athlete, so we should've picked soccer right away [in Germany]. But I heard Brent and Caite say they're going to do soccer, so I just picked the other one. ... But [we] like to make mistakes.
Jordan: It was also my fault because I didn't speak up enough. I was like, "OK, well, if he thinks we can do it, let's do it."

Amazing Race's Monique and Shawne: We hated "that stupid wooden horse"

TVGuide.com: How long did you spend doing the glasses before they broke?
Jordan: It took us awhile. When we saw Brent and Caite, they were there for, like, 10 minutes, and then they left. Then it was like, OK, we're last. So we just took our time.
Jeff: We chose the glasses also because it was getting dark at that point and we couldn't see. A lot of the teams had the advantage of looking for the grapes in the daytime. When we went back outside, we had to get flashlights. We were just out there cracking jokes. We knew it would be the end. I don't even know how far behind the other teams we were. It was ridiculous.

TVGuide.com: You had a few navigational issues. Are you bad drivers and bad map readers?
Jeff: It's a combination. We don't pay attention to clues. We don't read directions well. We got bad directions. I asked someone how to get to Paris, and there were three different lanes you could take. The woman goes, "Absolutely do not take this lane." So we took the other two lanes five different times, and we finally took the other one and it was right. We're direction illiterate. None of us are Magellan or Christopher Columbus.

Amazing Race's Jody and Shannon: Don't blame the cow for our exit

TVGuide.com: Jordan, why did you confuse Joan of Arc with Noah's Ark?
Jordan: [Laughs] Oh my God! I don't know! I had heard of Joan of Arc, but I didn't know who she was. I don't know. All I know is I heard "arc," and the first thing that came to my mind was Noah's Ark. It was a dumb mistake.

TV Guide.com: Do you know who she is now?
Jordan: Oh yeah, some warrior.

Amazing Race's Jeff and Jordan: We fought a lot

TVGuide.com: Last time we talked, you said you were done with TV. Do you still feel the same way?
Jeff: I think we're going to take a vacation from reality TV. I think people are getting sick of us, too. We need to let all parties settle down a little bit. As far as reality shows go that are on the air, I think Amazing Race is definitely top-notch. It wins Emmys and it's the classiest way you can go reality. Jordan wants to go on the Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels! [Laughs] I can drive the bus!
Jordan: Shut up! I want an Amazing Race re-do.
Jeff: We want Amazing Race against fifth-graders!

TVGuide.com: Are you sure you can beat them?
Jeff: No, but it would be a great show. We'd be neck-and-neck all the way! We'll pitch that one to CBS.

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2010, 11:01:02 AM »
Well I tried to give the link to Jeff and Jordan on Bonnie but for some reason it doesn't work Sorry  :(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:34:54 PM by heyhay28 »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2010, 11:24:26 AM »
Jeff & Jordan on Bonnie

Sorry, apparently links to a certain site are not allowed.  I'll try to find another source.

Well, here's this, but it cuts off the end.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:46:55 AM by chill_sd »

Offline kcphilly

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • FB
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2010, 12:00:43 PM »
thanks for the interviews and the video.  My stupid cable company decided to take Bonnie Hunt off the air  (:;)

I'm glad they went out with a good attitude even though Jeff hates losing. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2010, 01:21:13 PM »
For those who want to see the adorable video, see the new posting below!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:38:40 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2010, 03:13:21 PM »
I'm gonna try and bring over some of the other press articles/interviews that have been found over on our BB board (AABB) for anyone interested...I'm just gonna do one big post :)

http://www.flashnews.com/news/wfn5100323J23686.html

J&J will be on this radio show Wed.

we got a bunch of great folks this week and next> buzz aldrin…(moon dude) on dancing with the stars. Gwyneth Paltrow friday or next monday…talking about her show on NBC. The survivor castoff Tom from last week….amazing race kids Jeff and Jordan…love them (wednesday….) thursday jenifer love hewitt.

http://blogs.fm100memphis.com/rolson/2010/03/23/great-guests-galore-where-fm100/

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-jeff-schroeder-and-jordan-lloyd-discuss-the-amazing-race-10636.php

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2010/03/jordan_and_jeff_on_elimination.php#more

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
Also this one's link wouldn't work so I'm copying it over

The Amazing Race Exclusive Interview with Jeff and Jordan

By: blsnbelles

Posted Image

Did The Amazing Race strengthen your relationship?

Jordan: It did strengthen our relationship before we went on the show I was thinking this is either going to make or break us and it actuallyreally helped a lot. It helped me to understand a lot of things about Jeff. Before he was telling me something and I would get upset, I'd say"Why are you yelling at me?" And he would say "I'm not yelling at you." But then I'd say "The tone it's the way you are talking tome." I figured that is just Jeff, that is just how Jeff is and I think our relationship has gotten even better since being on The Amazing Race.

Do you feel the same Jeff?

Jeff: Yes I do I think we learned a lot about each other being on both shows (Big Brother and The Amazing Race) about our relationship. Everything on Big Brother was so hunky dory and lovey dovey there wasn't a bad moment between us. And like with any relationship with its ups and downs I knew it would have to get stressful at one point and we just happened to get thrown into the boiling water with this show. So I knew things would get real stressful and definitely what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It didn't kill us we had our low points and we learned from it and so I think definitely yes we got stronger from it.

So then you are definitely still a couple?

Jordan: We are!

Posted Image

Were you recognized by people because you were on Big Brother? Not by other couples in the race but out and about?

Jordan: No not in other Countries, but in the States at the LAX airport. People would ask "Oh what are you doing?" And we were OK we have matching blue shirts and backpacks and we'd say "Oh nothing" and try not to talk about it. But people would say "We know you are on the race and good luck" but we couldn't talk about it. We would just say we are doing a travel show but nobody from the other Countries recognized us.

Jeff: Nothing to the extent where it helped us out in anyway, let's put it that way!

Jordan: At Elimination Station in Puerto Vallarta we were recognized because it's a touristy spot.

Jeff: Oh Jordan's getting a big head...

Jordan: NO I'm not!! (Both laugh)

Posted Image

What surprised you the most about yourself?

Jeff: I think what we learned most, I don't know about surprising ourselves, I'm definitely too competitive....

Jordan: Wayyyyy to competitive...

Jeff: Jeez let me finish (both laugh) I need to take it down a couple notches. You (Jordan) need to turn it up a notch or two in certain situations. We need to meet in the middle so we definitely learned that about each other. When there is a situation, what ever we are doing, I need to sit back and realize who I am dealing with and I don't need to be as aggressive as I usually am. So I learned that about myself is that I need to take it down a little bit and hopefully she learned that she needs to crank it up a couple of notches during situations.

Jordan: Ya.

Both of you said in your Bios that communicating would be your biggest challenge do you feel you overcame that?

Jordan: NO! Not at all. That was the worst we have no communication what so ever that was like the worst part. We were just terrible at that.

Jeff: Ya there was no... I mean we communicate... Um no we didn't...

Jordan: No we didn't

Jeff: Ya I'm not even going to try and put a positive spin on that.

Jordan: I think maybe if we would have communicated a bit better I think it would have helped us. But we just did not see eye to eye about certain things. When ever we had a detour we had to do what he always wanted to do the opposite and we both wanted to do different things. My fault was not sticking up and saying "No Jeff we are going to do this." Instead of being OK and just following him.

Jeff: Yes I definitely get stubborn at points and that has been my whole life. When I get something in my head, it's in there and I don't know that was just a downfall for us the communication. But I think we learned from that too. To know you did anything wrong is to better yourself. I understand I'm like that I understand our communication is like that so we have to work on that. So I think if you learn from things it just makes you better. Again, it made us better in the end.

Posted Image

See Jeff you did find a positive spin!

Jeff: Well there you go!

Did you learn something about each other that you didn't already know? You were together 24/7 in the Big Brother House so you pretty much knew everything, but was there anything on the race that you didn't know and then found out?

Jeff: Jordan is gassier than the normal person (Both laugh real hard)

Jordan: I think I didn't realize how competitive he was and I mean on Big Brother he didn't seem that bad but on The Amazing Race he was and he got on my nerves a lot. But that is really it.

Jeff: Jordan can be very stubborn if she wants to. I really didn't see that on Big Brother she was so laid back, nothing really got to her. But on the Race things got very stressful and I saw her stubborn side and a side of her I didn't like. But there were probably 10 sides of me she didn't like so we just have to move on from that and learn from it.

Jordan: And Jeff, like he said, he gets something in his head and it's more like what Jeff wants we didn't decide as a group. He would say, "Let's do this" and there was no talking to him about it. That was annoying for me.

Jeff: I don't want to get into a whole thing but I would say "Which way do you want to go?" and she would say "I don't care." Somebody had to make the decisions and sometimes I think it's easier for the other person to say "You make the decisions" so fingers can't be pointed. That is what stressed me out more. I make the decision and I'll take the blame for it. I won't point the finger at anyone else that is just how I am. I wish it were different but that is just how I am. But I am more than willing to follow too so step it up a notch!

Posted Image

On The Amazing Race what was your proudest moment?

Jordan: Mine was to walk on the wire and bungee jumping. When I did the wire thing I wasn't nervous at first and then when I got to the middle of it the wire started shaking and oh my gosh if I fell I knew I wasn't going to be able to pull myself back up. And just to be able to do that and then the bungee jump, I actually will say when I got up there I thought I don't want to do this. You have to make yourself go it's not like someone was pushing you, so I was proud that I did that.

Jeff: I will give the proudest moment to Jordan too. When she crossed that wire I was really, really proud of her. We were really clicking as a team. She put her trust in me and I put my trust in her and she stood up and did it like a champion and look what happened we won that leg. We need to believe in each other as we did in that first leg and do that in life and we will be OK I think. That was definitely the proudest moment for me on the race.

Jordan you said what you wanted to accomplish on The Race was to understand each other do you feel you accomplished that?

Jordan: I did, I really think I did. Since the race we have gotten along so much better and I think it really did help. Before I thought it would make or break and it helped. We get along so much better now which is good!

Jeff you said you wanted to learn more about your relationship, did you?

Jeff: Definitely! It helped me to understand about everything and in tough times that is when you learn the most. Anyone can go through life or any situation saying yea we are having the best time, everything is perfect. Your learning comes from when you are down and out and things are going bad. We definitely had our bad moments and we definitely learned from them, so ya we learned a lot about each other on this race and it was all for the best.

In your interview with Phil at the end of the race you said you needed to talk about "stuff". Did you and Jordan talk about that "stuff"?

Both: Oh ya!!!

Jordan: At Elimination Station...

Jeff: We usually talked about things that evening when everything is done. Jordan is good about let's sit down and talk about it and I'm not a really big let's talk it out type person. She is good about that and I like that about her. She likes to get things out in the open and then we take care of it right there.

Jordan: Jeff is very straight forward and tells you exactly how he feels, like he'll say "You are just being annoying" and he will just flat out tell you. And we are so honest with each other it helps.

Jeff you said you wanted to be more patient, are you now?

Jeff: Am I Jordan?

Jordan: I think he is much better than he was before. Before I was like Oh my gosh I cannot take this. But he is definitely a lot more patient.

Jeff: Patience was my thing my whole life. I was never patient as a kid I was always jumping around on my seat in class; I was always wired so patience is something I have been working on and will still be working on the rest of my life. But I think I have it to a point where I got it and my temper under control and my patience has improved a lot being with Jordan and trying to be really patient with her. It's a good thing; patience is a virtue they say.

Posted Image

Was your time in Puerto Vallarta a nice vacation and did it replace that vacation you were suppose to take together?

Both: No we still have to take it.

Jordan: I think more so when we were in Puerto Vallarta Jeff was still upset about not being in the race.

Jeff: I'm just a sore loser I'll tell you that straight out!

Jordan: He is he is a sore loser. Me I was just like we lost, it's over we are somewhere we can lay out and be on the beach and I was fine with that.

Jeff: I'm not a sore loser in the way I call everyone out and say "You suck." I definitely don't point fingers at anyone, I get more mad at myself thinking I could've done better I get hard on myself. I did have a bit of a pity party, but the ocean and the margaritas kind of wiped that party away. (Both laugh) I had a good time at the end but it still wasn't alone. Other people were there and the cameras were there so Jordan and I definitely need to by ourselves, get away and just enjoy each other.

Would either of you consider doing a Big Brother All Stars or The Amazing Race All Stars if asked?

Jordan: I think a Big Brother All Stars I would just need abreak from Big Brother because that was a lot, I don't think people realize even though you are sitting around the house being bored, it takes a lot out of you just because you go through all these emotions. But I would for sure do another Amazing Race.

Jeff: I don't know how we would make an Amazing Race All Stars because we definitely weren't all stars.

Well it's based on popularity and I'm not sure you realize it, but you had a lot of people pulling for you on The Amazing Race and watched this season because of Jeff and Jordan.

Jeff: Right and The Amazing Race is The Amazing Race and I don't think we did anything because it is an amazing show and they will get their viewers no matter what. But to answer the question if we were asked to do The Amazing Race All Stars I think we would 100% do it again. We do have some regrets from what we did and we would work better as a team. You learn from any experience and the second time you are going to do better.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2010, 05:38:01 PM »
Video from Bonnie with...wait for it....slow motion shots of the happy couple!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2010, 08:14:08 PM »
Here's another article

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/tv-buzz-blogpost.aspx?post=1725898

Team "Big Brother 11" -- Jeff Schroeder, 31, and "BB 11" winner Jordan Lloyd, 22 -- crashed out of "The Amazing Race" on Sunday, as the "newly dating" pair failed to escape the trench they had dug themselves on World War I battlefields in previous episodes. Absolutely nothing went right for the team as they criss-crossed France's Champagne region, as poor navigation and plain bad luck doomed  them to a last-place showing. ("Phil is going to be so pissed at us," Jordan posited on the way to their elimination.) We spoke with Jeff and Jordan -- still dating, by the way -- about "TAR" versus "BB" (one's cattier than the other, but no points for guessing which one) and dating under stress in Argentina.

MSN TV: How did "The Amazing Race" compare to competing on "Big Brother"?

Jordan: This was way more fun than "Big Brother." On "Big Brother," you're locked in the house -- you're stuck with people. It was a lot more stress but I liked this a lot better.

Jeff: I'm more of an outdoors person. "Amazing Race" fits me better. [To Jordan] "Big Brother" fits you better, huh? You like to lay around and get some sun.

More 'Race': See the fansite

Jordan: [On "Big Brother"] it's catty. But there was some cattiness on the race, too. I think people were distant with us at first.

Do you think that was because you were already reality show stars?

Jeff: In the beginning, yeah. People were giving us the cold shoulder. I thought, maybe we just don't know them -- maybe that's how they are normally, turning their backs on people. I just thought that once they got to know us, they'd like us. We got along with the cowboys great.

Jordan, on your bio page, it says that one of your goals for running the race was to "understand each other" better. Did that happen?

Jordan: I think it helped. After the race, there was some tension between me and Jeff. But it got better, and I think going through all those tense situations helped us in the end.

What were the most stressful times?

Jordan: In Argentina, we thought we were in last place because we missed our connecting bus -- I just felt like crying. It was too early to be eliminated! And then in Germany, I just wanted to break down and cry. Definitely, when you're in the back, you get really discouraged. Me, I wanted to cry.

Jeff: I'm all into positive thinking, and you can never quit. There's at least a handful of times when she was, like, "We're out," and we were still in the race. She needs to learn that about herself and life.

But you're still dating?

Jordan: Yes.

Jeff: I think it helped us. I'm over-competitive. I want to win and be the best, and I'll die trying. Jordan ... Jordan goes with the wind. And we need to meet in the middle somewhere.

Were you able to do that?

Jordan: Before, if he'd yell, I'd be, like, "Why are you yelling at me? Lower your tone with me!" But now he's just Jeff -- that's just how Jeff expresses himself. That's not how my friends or family express themselves, but that's how he does.

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 08:53:40 PM »
Another One

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-amazing-race/exclusive-interview-jordan-and-35442.aspx

How many of you were not rooting for Jordan and Jeff on The Amazing Race? Whether you first saw them on Big Brother or just encountered them lately (in my case), it's not hard to see why they're pretty enjoyable to watch. Sure, they weren't the best racers, but they were still fun to watch. So, admittedly, I was one of those who felt bad when they got eliminated.

I got to talk to Jordan and Jeff early today, taking time off to answer a few quick questions about their race experiences, their non-celebrity status and a future reality show. Or is it?

First off, why join the race, especially after just finishing Big Brother?

Jeff: I love to travel and Jordan had never been to another country before, so we thought it would be something fun to do together.

Did being a celebrity of sorts help you in the race in any way? Surely someone recognized you when you started the race in Los Angeles. What about the other teams?

Jordan: We're no celebrities but a few people recognized us in LAX. After that, in other countries, no one knew who we were. We were on the same playing level as everyone else. I think one or two teams knew who we were but no one else did.

Were you surprised when you finished first in Chile?

Jeff: No. We were there to win and we were off to a strong start. But as the race progressed it got harder and we caught a couple of bad breaks. In this race it was anyone's game.

Jordan: The whole taxi ride in Germany threw us off for the next two legs and we kept screwing up with directions.

Do you think arriving last in the non-elimination leg in Germany hurt your chances in the race?

Jordan: Germany really hurt us and caused us to fall far behind--and we had an extra task to do. Thank God there was a U-turn or we would have been eliminated.

What was the most memorable part of the race for you?

Jordan: Winning the first leg of the race and visiting and seeing all the different places was incredible.

Despite not having spent lots of time together, I'm impressed that you didn't bicker as hard as the other teams. Was it really the case, or did you argue a lot more than we saw on the show?

Jeff: We had our ups and downs but in the end we kept our heads up high and never gave up.

You said that your main goal in running the race was to learn more about each other. Is it mission accomplished?

Jordan: It was mission accomplished. We have a better and stronger relationship than before.

Jeff: It helped us understand and learn more about each other.

You've appeared in two reality shows together. Is a third reality show--maybe your own--in your future plans?

Jordan: It's out of our hands but you'll never know. Anything's possible.

**There's also a poll at the link on whether or not you think Jeff and Jordan should get their own reality show

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2010, 07:25:25 AM »
I have read 3 long interviews of Jeff and Jordan released after the telecast (and maybe even done then). I have also watched their relative lack of racing skills. They were good for many laughs, but not front of the pack finishes. They appeared fairly stressed out during AR16, but I must say that they have been totally charming after their elimination, including their Bonnie Hunt Show appearance.

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2010, 03:42:12 PM »
Here's another one

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/107304/jordan_jeff_amazing_race_16_interview.php

From Big Brother to The Amazing Race with Jordan Lloyd and Jeff Schroeder
by Reg Seeton

[The Amazing Race] After winning the eleventh season of Big Brother, Jordan Lloyd and her former Big Brother house mate and new beau, Jeff Schroeder, hit the reality TV arena to run The Amazing Race. Although Jordan and Jeff were still feeling each other out in their new Big Brother relationship, Jeff and Jordan took their collective to new heights on The Amazing Race when to pair hit the mat early in first place in front of Amazing Race host, Phil Keoghan.

Despite getting the jump on the other Amazing Race teams, Jordan and Jeff found themselves struggling with directions and each other as they learned to deal with each other beyond theBig Brother house. In the end, after falling behind to last place in the France leg of The Amazing Race , Jeff and Jordan couldn't overcome directions and this week's Amazing Race detour in French wine country. After hitting the mat in last place, Jordan and Jeff saw their time onThe Amazing Race come to an end.

Following their elimination, we caught up with Jordan Lloyd and Jeff Schroeder to find out where there relationship stands post Amazing race, what went wrong after their Amazing Race victory, and what the future holds for the formerBig Brother turned Amazing Race couple.

THE DEADBOLT So, are you guys going to have French champagne for New Year's?

JEFF SCHROEDER: Definitely not!

THE DEADBOLT Did you guys feel you were in it the whole race, or was there a point when you felt it slipping away?

[The Amazing Race] JORDAN LLOYD: I think in the beginning, the first leg that we won, we felt like, "Oh yeah, we came in first and the next leg we're probably going to come in first." Then all of a sudden it just got sour from there.

JEFF: What?

JORDAN: It did!

JEFF: The first leg, Jordan's like, "There's no way we're going to win." We won the first leg.

JORDAN: I know, but then after we were like, "Oh, we're going to do good. See, we just proved that we can come in first." It just went sour.

JEFF: I think it got sour in Germany a little bit. You know, with the cab ride and we started to fall really behind. It's hard to climb back when you're at the back of the pack and there's no trains or busses to even the people out. We snuck by with the U-Turn and we were hoping that the next leg, "We need a train or a bus to even people out." It just didn't happen because we were so far back. That last leg, we kind of had an idea but we never quit. We were like, "Listen, there's always a chance. There's always a chance." But we made so many mistakes this last show, it was impossible for us to come back.

THE DEADBOLT: We know you guys liked each other even more after Big Brother, but how do you like each other now after The Amazing Race?

JORDAN: I think we like each other even more now. I think it really helped. It definitely made us stronger and made me understand a lot more things about Jeff. Like certain things I thought he was yelling at me, I learned that he's not really yelling at me and that's just Jeff. That's his tone and that's how he is and he's louder about certain things. I don't know. I think it helped. I think it's been better since we got off the show.

[The Amazing Race] JEFF: I think it's like any relationship. You know, how everything's perfect and nobody can do anything wrong and life goes on, different things happen, and you start to learn more about the other person. We got thrown into a situation where everything was great, and of course the race is stressful for anybody on it, but we got thrown into a stressful situation.

On top of that, we were still trying to learn about each other. So being on Big Brother was like going out for a year and the next show was like speeding up our relationship a ton. We went through everything so fast, ups and downs, and I think we really got to learn a lot about each other in just that short time we were together.

THE DEADBOLT: How would it have been for you guys if you hadn't decided to run The Amazing Race?

JEFF: I still think we would have went to our down times. Life, like everything else, has its ups and downs that we just didn't experience yet. So when we went through our downs onThe Amazing Race , it just helped us learn more about each other. I think it would have been the same. We would have went through our downs but we would have been in different cities. So maybe it would have been even worse. Being on the show brought us together even more, I think.

THE DEADBOLT: Did you get a chance to take Jordan to Hawaii yet?

JEFF: [laughs] No, Hawaii is gone. We're going to take a trip to Antigua after this is all said and done. We're going to relax for a bit and then probably take a trip soon, real soon.

JORDAN: Maybe a year. No, not ...

JEFF: We'll see.

JORDAN: Yeah, we'll see. My mom turns 50 on Thursday, so my family, we all kind of want to go on a cruise for her 50th. So Jeff is going to come along with us.

THE DEADBOLT Was there anything that we didn't see that you wish got aired?

JEFF: I think they showed some of our best moments. You know, when you're racing like that, even watching the show I was like, "Oh my God, I can't believe I said that." Jordan was the same way, "I didn't know I said that." So there might have been some good moments they left out, but I just can't remember. When you're racing like that, you're in the moment and doing your thing. I think they captured the moments pretty well.

THE DEADBOLT Well, what was the best moment on the race for you guys?

JEFF: [laughs] I think coming in first.

JORDAN: [laughs] Yeah, the first leg of the race.

[The Amazing Race] JEFF: [laughs] It was like we were at the top of the mountain and we just kind of rolled down after that. There were some nice views down the mountain, I'll tell you that. Argentina was beautiful, I really loved that. It was awesome. Then the second to last show, the World War I, that was amazing! The planes coming so low and the bombs going off, everything was so surreal, and that was really, really cool. Even though Jordan and I wanted to kill each other, that was still a really cool moment.

THE DEADBOLT So what's next for you guys, a wedding or Survivor? What does the future hold?

JEFF: [laughs] I think we're going to take a reality break and just try out real life reality.

JORDAN: I'm going to go back to school. I'm going to get the hair salon. That's really it for me. Still doing the long distance thing.

JEFF: Are you back in the Ad world, Jeff?

JEFF: Yes, I am. I have some other things I'm taking care of but I went back to work and I'm just trying to get my feet back on the ground. You get pumped up for a little bit, think your cool for a short time while you're on these reality shows, but it's your 15 minutes of fame and I think it's over for us. It's time to get back to reality. You can't live off this forever and you've got to get your feet back on the ground and start living the rest of your life.